Who is the creator of all things?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 420 total)
  • Author
    Lightenup
    Participant

Hello everyone,
    Here are the choices that go with the numbers in the poll box (the choices were too long for the poll box and so the choices were put here).

Just vote on the number of one choice that you most agree with and please be honest and only vote once per person, i.e. not once per username.  ??? Read all the choices carefully before voting.

The question is:
    Who is the creator of all things?

The choices are:

# 1. The Heavenly Father through His Word (the expression of God-not a separate person).

# 2. The Heavenly Father and the uncreated Word of God (a separate person before Sonship), and the Holy Spirit of God.

# 3. The Heavenly Father and the created Word of God (a separate person before Sonship), and the Holy Spirit of God.

# 4. The Heavenly Father and the only begotten (not created) Son of God, apart from the Holy Spirit of God.

# 5. The Heavenly Father and the only begotten (not created) Son of God and the (not created) Holy Spirit of God, as one in unity.

# 6. The Heavenly Father and a created son of God.

# 7. The Heavenly Father and a created son of God and the (not created) Holy Spirit of God.

# 8. The Heavenly Father and a created son of God and the created Holy Spirit of God.

# 9.  There was no intelligent designer/creator.

#10.  Other

Feel free to discuss your choice in this thread…

Thanks,
    Kathi

terraricca
    Participant

Kathi

#10;The Heavenly Father (and his with tools)

seekingtruth
    Participant

Kathi,
    Good poll with lots of choices but I got to go with #11. The Heavenly Father through His Word (The corporeal expression/manifestation of God).

I almost went with #1, except as I see the Father existing outside/above our creation, His corporeal extension is a separate being but as an expression/manifestation of the Father, they are One.

My opinion – Wm

Lightenup
    Participant

Ok Pierre and William…thanks for your input.

Kathi

Lightenup
    Participant

Hi William,

His corporeal extension is a separate being but as an expression/manifestation of the Father, they are One.

So would that be two beings that are one? One what?

Thanks,
    Kathi

mikeboll64
    Blocked

I voted #10. I did not see a choice that said “Heavenly Father Alone” – which is the scriptural teaching.

seekingtruth
    Participant

Kathi,
    Actually I believe the Father is best understood as being like our soul, embodying self (God in this case), exerting His will over His corporeal extension (the future begotten Son). So just as a human being's body provides our soul with it's interface to the world, so the “pre-incarnate” Jesus was God's extension to interface with us. Of course later I believe that this manifested “body” of which we were made after, (“our image”) would provide the DNA (or whatever) to allow the Father, to father, His only begotten Son.

My opinion – Wm

Lightenup
    Participant

Hi William,
    Thanks, I can't begin to get my mind around what you just wrote. Everyone seems to have their own ideas.

God bless,
    Kathi

Lightenup
    Participant

Mike,
    Thanks for voting!
    Kathi

mikeboll64
    Blocked

You're welcome, Kathi. Is there a reason “the Father alone” was not a choice?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Nov. 01 2011,18:57)
    You're welcome, Kathi.  Is there a reason “the Father alone” was not a choice?

Mike

this is a out of bound question Kathi believe in two

this is the answer to your question

Pierre

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Oct. 31 2011,19:57)

Mike,
    I thought #1 was basically the Father alone.

Kathi

Pastry
    Participant

Kathi!  I believe that the Father created all through Jesus Christ, but I believe that Jesus is a separate person, so there is no choice for me…. Irene

Lightenup
    Participant

Irene,
    I think that you agree with number 6.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 01 2011,19:29)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Oct. 31 2011,19:57)

Mike,
    I thought #1 was basically the Father alone.

Kathi

kathi

# 1. The Heavenly Father through His Word (the expression of God-not a separate person).

:D :D :D

you think we can not read

Pierre

Lightenup
    Participant

Pierre,
    #1 would be only the Father if the Word is not a person but His expression…think.

Pastry
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 01 2011,14:19)
    Irene,

Kathi! The created Son of God is also the only begotten Son of God, which is in essence the same….So when we say one, we should also understand the other….IMO

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Pastry @ Nov. 01 2011,06:05)

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 01 2011,14:19)
    Irene,

Kathi!  The created Son of God is also the only begotten Son of God, which is in essence the same….So when we say one, we should also understand the other….IMO

Irene,
    Think about it. Are there other created sons of God, i.e. angels and men? If so, then created and begotten cannot mean the same thing here because only one son is said to be begotten of God. Jesus is the ONLY BEGOTTEN Son of God…not one of many begotten sons of God. Do you see the difference?

Kathi

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ Oct. 31 2011,22:36)
    Pierre,
    #1 would be only the Father if the Word is not a person but His expression…think.

But the Word IS a person. ??? The Father ALONE created all things THROUGH that person.

That is EXACTLY what the scriptures teach, which is why I was confused that it wasn't one of the choices.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 01 2011,22:36)
    Pierre,

kathi

I am thinking this is why it is so funny, :D :D

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 420 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account