Who did god sacrifice his son to?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 109 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    Life in the Spirit of God goes beyond death.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 30 2009,07:30)
    Hi BD,
    Does your averred love of Jesus yet affect your future prospects or are you under the wrath of God?

Are you under the wrath of God? If not tell me why not?

Actually if you judge me you will be judged according to the same way you judge.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    If you knowingly reject the salvation God offers you in the blood of His son do you think God will find you righteous enough?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 30 2009,07:34)
    Hi BD,
    If you knowingly reject the salvation God offers you in the blood of His son do you think God will find you righteous enough?

You reject the catholic church and the Pope, right?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    Why should any man want to lie with the Whore?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 30 2009,07:42)
    Hi BD,
    Why should any man want to lie with the Whore?

You are rejecting the teaching of Paul and are being a heretic and an apostate according to the scriptures of Paul.

SEEKING
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 29 2009,12:32)
    Are you under the wrath of God? If not tell me why not?

1Th 5:9  For God has not destined us for wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ,

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 29 2009,15:20)

Quote (Lightenup @ July 30 2009,04:36)
    Hi Bo,
    The scriptures do not show a connection between the scapegoat and Jesus.  Scriptures never say that Jesus is the scapegoat.  From what I can tell regarding the scapegoat, there is also a goat that dies.  There wasn't a scapegoat without another being killed.  Perhaps both represent what Jesus did and you are just looking at the goat that was released.  I understand the presentation of the two goats to show a blood sacrifice which provides for a full remission of sins which will not be remembered.  The two goats present a complete picture.

Please respond to this verse and then Strong's definition of the word “slain.”

Re 13:8 – All who dwell on the earth will worship him, everyone whose name has not been written from the foundation of the world in the book of life of the Lamb who has been slain.

Slain is Strongs# 4969
    Sphazo
    to slay, slaughter, butcher
    to put to death by violence
    mortally wounded

Blessings,
    Kathi

You should read that sentence again.

I know what slain means and I didn't say that no one died on the cross I said Jesus didn't die on the cross. Just like Abrahams son didn't get sacrificed because God provided a substitute. Do you think God could provide a substiture for Isaac and not provide one for Jesus?

Why do you think God stopped the sacrifice of Isaac? Don't you understand that was a foretelling of the mystery of Christ being saved by God because Isaac was obedient unto death and yet God spared him.

Bo,
    So you agree that someone died on the cross…who was the lamb that was slain? Can you show us with scripture?

Also,
    Do I think that God would provide a substitute for Isaac and not for Jesus…Yes, because Isaac wasn't destined to die as a sacrifice, Jesus was.

Kathi

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 27 2009,04:59)

Quote (seekingtruth @ July 27 2009,03:20)

bodhitharta,July wrote:

Did Jesus pray to God to not allow his murder to happen?

No He prayed “Your will not mine”

If God is sacrificing his son and his son is happy to die for your sins why pray for help?

I fail to see the connection

Still you never told me who was God trying to please by sacrificing someone miraculously made.

Yes I did see above posts

Did God have to sacrifice Jesus although he hates child sacrifice and called it an abomination.

Although he told Abraham not to hurt his own son?

To sacrifice a child for personal gain is an abomination, to allow your consenting adult Son to offer himself up as a means to save all of mankind is quite another matter

Do you think God wanted us to learn that he loved us so much that he killed a completely innocent person in-fact his Own Son.

If some people you knew stole something from the store and the police came would it be honorable for you tell the police to take your son instead?

Do you really accept that God participated in Child Sacrifice like the false gods did all the time?

The Fact is God Saved Jesus from murder and death just like He saved Jonah who for 3 days and 3 nights was ALIVE in the belly of a fish

So your saying that Jesus did not die? And your basing it on Jonah? Personally I believe that Jonah died

“When my life was ebbing away, I remembered you, LORD, and my prayer rose to you, to your holy temple”.

God Delivered him

“And the LORD commanded the fish, and it vomited Jonah onto dry land.”

Then God resurrected him

“To the roots of the mountains I sank down; the earth beneath barred me in forever. But you brought my life up from the pit, O LORD my God.”

Of course based on your “fact” that Jesus didn't die, then obviously all of scripture is meaningless, which is probably what you want anyway.

For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

I have chosen in whom I believe and I believe that scripture reveals His character and as a whole is reliable as a path to salvation. Your free to believe whatever you desire but there may be consequences. No I don't believe I have all truth and some of what I believe may be false but I shall continue searching and to live by the “truths” I have as to do different would find me guilty of violating my conscience and that is a sin also.

I pray you find truth – Wm

Seeking truth,

I did not tell you to not believe in Jesus Christ because I believe in Jesus Christ I am simply sharing with you the greatness of God and how he saved his servant/son from death.

You should be happy that God saved Jesus it doesn't effect your salvation in the least. “For whosoever should believe in him shall not perish”

When I first realized what God had done I jumped for joy because I always knew that God was Almighty and His arms were not too short to save.

God doesn't need sacrifice HE OWNS EVERYTHING, what can we give to him that He might need?

Where is the prove that Jesus did not die on the cross for us.
    And what did people have to do in the O.T. times to be forgiven of their sins? Jesus is our perfect Sacrifice for our Sins. Now it is possible to go directly to the Throne of Go and ask for forgiveness of our Sins. Jesus is our Mediator between Him and the Father.
    Irene

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ July 30 2009,09:03)

Hi Bo,
    The scriptures do not show a connection between the scapegoat and Jesus.  Scriptures never say that Jesus is the scapegoat.  From what I can tell regarding the scapegoat, there is also a goat that dies.  There wasn't a scapegoat without another being killed.  Perhaps both represent what Jesus did and you are just looking at the goat that was released.  I understand the presentation of the two goats to show a blood sacrifice which provides for a full remission of sins which will not be remembered.  The two goats present a complete picture.

Re 13:8 – All who dwell on the earth will worship him, everyone whose name has not been written from the foundation of the world in the book of life of the Lamb who has been slain.

Slain is Strongs# 4969
    Sphazo
    mortally wounded

Blessings,
    Kathi

I know what slain means and I didn't say that no one died on the cross I said Jesus didn't die on the cross. Just like Abrahams son didn't get sacrificed because God provided a substitute. Do you think God could provide a substiture for Isaac and not provide one for Jesus?

Why do you think God stopped the sacrifice of Isaac? Don't you understand that was a foretelling of the mystery of Christ being saved by God because Isaac was obedient unto death and yet God spared him.

Bo,
    So you agree that someone died on the cross…who was the lamb that was slain?  Can you show us with scripture?

Also,
    Do I think that God would provide a substitute for Isaac and not for Jesus…Yes, because Isaac wasn't destined to die as a sacrifice, Jesus was.

Kathi

You have already shown that you understand that there are two goats one meant for sacrifice and the other is presented alive to God.

The Soul that sinneth shall die, did Jesus sin that he should die?

Does God punish the innocent in place of the guilty?
    Does God believe in Human sacrifice?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Hi Bo,

Slain is Strongs# 4969
    Sphazo
    mortally wounded

Blessings,
    Kathi

Bo,
    So you agree that someone died on the cross…who was the lamb that was slain?  Can you show us with scripture?

Also,

Kathi

Where is the prophecy that the Messiah would be crucified and die for Israel?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    Does it all have to be laid out for you?
    Not everything was made plain to Israel do why should it be for you.

Go search.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 29 2009,22:34)

Hi Bo,

Slain is Strongs# 4969
    Sphazo
    mortally wounded

Blessings,
    Kathi

Bo,

Also,

Kathi

Bo,
    Here is your prophecy:

Isa 53:7-12
    7 He was oppressed and He was afflicted, Yet He did not open His mouth; Like a lamb that is led to slaughter, And like a sheep that is silent before its shearers, So He did not open His mouth.
    8 By oppression and judgment He was taken away; And as for His generation, who considered That He was cut off out of the land of the living For the transgression of my people, to whom the stroke was due?
    9 His grave was assigned with wicked men, Yet He was with a rich man in His death, Because He had done no violence, Nor was there any deceit in His mouth.
    10 But the Lord was pleased To crush Him, putting Him to grief; If He would render Himself as a guilt offering, He will see His offspring, He will prolong His days, And the good pleasure of the Lord will prosper in His hand.
    11 As a result of the anguish of His soul, He will see it and be satisfied; By His knowledge the Righteous One, My Servant, will justify the many, As He will bear their iniquities.
    12 Therefore, I will allot Him a portion with the great, And He will divide the booty with the strong; Because He poured out Himself to death, And was numbered with the transgressors; Yet He Himself bore the sin of many, And interceded for the transgressors.
    NASU

BTW, why did you not answer my questions?

God bless,
    Kathi

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ July 30 2009,14:55)

Hi Bo,

Slain is Strongs# 4969
    Sphazo
    mortally wounded

Blessings,
    Kathi

Bo,

Also,

Kathi

Bo,
    Here is your prophecy:

7 He was oppressed and He was afflicted, Yet He did not open His mouth; Like a lamb that is led to slaughter, And like a sheep that is silent before its shearers, So He did not open His mouth.
    8 By oppression and judgment He was taken away; And as for His generation, who considered That He was cut off out of the land of the living For the transgression of my people, to whom the stroke was due?
    9 His grave was assigned with wicked men, Yet He was with a rich man in His death, Because He had done no violence, Nor was there any deceit in His mouth.
    10 But the Lord was pleased To crush Him, putting Him to grief; If He would render Himself as a guilt offering, He will see His offspring, He will prolong His days, And the good pleasure of the Lord will prosper in His hand.
    11 As a result of the anguish of His soul, He will see it and be satisfied; By His knowledge the Righteous One, My Servant, will justify the many, As He will bear their iniquities.
    12 Therefore, I will allot Him a portion with the great, And He will divide the booty with the strong; Because He poured out Himself to death, And was numbered with the transgressors; Yet He Himself bore the sin of many, And interceded for the transgressors.
    NASU

God bless,
    Kathi

How do you assume that is about Jesus?

How was Jesus oppressed? Does Jesus have offspring?
    Jesus was never silent he spoke when they came to get him he spoke in private to Pontious Pilate he spoke on his way to the cross to the women and he even spoke on the cross according to the scriptures.

3He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

This does not sound like Jesus, he was accepted of men and wildly popular so much so that he threatened the current system. He was esteemed greatl!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    He died and was raised again.
    Kiss the Son[ps2]

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 30 2009,15:16)
    Hi BD,
    He died and was raised again.
    Kiss the Son[ps2]

Matthew 11:26-28 (King James Version)

27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

Luke 10:21-23 (King James Version)

22 All things are delivered to me of my Father: and no man knoweth who the Son is, but the Father; and who the Father is, but the Son, and he to whom the Son will reveal him.

seekingtruth
    Participant

BD,
    Your trying hard to miss the obvious, do you really not see how it fits?

Wm

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (seekingtruth @ July 30 2009,16:05)
    BD,
    Your trying hard to miss the obvious, do you really not see how it fits?

Wm

How what fits?

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 29 2009,23:12)

Hi Bo,

Slain is Strongs# 4969
    Sphazo
    mortally wounded

Blessings,
    Kathi

Bo,

Also,

Kathi

Bo,
    Here is your prophecy:

NASU

God bless,
    Kathi

Jesus was never silent he spoke when they came to get him he spoke in private to Pontious Pilate he spoke on his way to the cross to the women and he even spoke on the cross according to the scriptures.

3He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

This does not sound like Jesus, he was accepted of men and wildly popular so much so that he threatened the current system. He was esteemed greatl!

Bo,
    This is not an assumption. The NT clears up any confusion:

Acts 8:32-37
    32 Now the passage of Scripture which he was reading was this: “HE WAS LED AS A SHEEP TO SLAUGHTER; AND AS A LAMB BEFORE ITS SHEARER IS SILENT, SO HE DOES NOT OPEN HIS MOUTH.
    33 “IN HUMILIATION HIS JUDGMENT WAS TAKEN AWAY; WHO WILL RELATE HIS GENERATION? FOR HIS LIFE IS REMOVED FROM THE EARTH.”
    34 The eunuch answered Philip and said, “Please tell me, of whom does the prophet say this? Of himself or of someone else?”
    35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and beginning from this Scripture he preached Jesus to him.
    36 As they went along the road they came to some water; and the eunuch said, “Look! Water! What prevents me from being baptized?”
    37 [And Philip said, “If you believe with all your heart, you may.” And he answered and said, “I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.”]
    NASU

Do you see?

Blessings Bo,
    Kathi

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ July 30 2009,22:50)

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 29 2009,23:12)

Hi Bo,

Slain is Strongs# 4969
    Sphazo
    mortally wounded

Blessings,
    Kathi

Bo,

Also,

Kathi

Bo,
    Here is your prophecy:

NASU

God bless,
    Kathi

Bo,
    This is not an assumption.  The NT clears up any confusion:

Acts 8:32-37
    32 Now the passage of Scripture which he was reading was this: “HE WAS LED AS A SHEEP TO SLAUGHTER; AND AS A LAMB BEFORE ITS SHEARER IS SILENT, SO HE DOES NOT OPEN HIS MOUTH.
    33 “IN HUMILIATION HIS JUDGMENT WAS TAKEN AWAY; WHO WILL RELATE HIS GENERATION? FOR HIS LIFE IS REMOVED FROM THE EARTH.”
    34 The eunuch answered Philip and said, “Please tell me, of whom does the prophet say this? Of himself or of someone else?”
    35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and beginning from this Scripture he preached Jesus to him.
    36 As they went along the road they came to some water; and the eunuch said, “Look! Water! What prevents me from being baptized?”
    37 [And Philip said, “If you believe with all your heart, you may.” And he answered and said, “I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.”]
    NASU

Do you see?

Blessings Bo,
    Kathi

It says “His judgement” was taken away and of course his life was removed from the earth because God raised him up to himself. What it doesn't say that he preached to the eunich is that Jesus died for his sins and was raised from the dead.

Even if he had preached that Jesus died on a cross it would simply mean that is what he believed to be true at the time.

Why is it hard for you to believe that as a mystery unfolds surprises occur. For instance those waiting for the Messiah in Judaism there is no second coming so that would be a suprise and therefor they don't accept the first coming of Jesus because there Messiah was to come and rule the first time.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 109 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account