Where is God?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 333 total)
  • Author
    seekingtruth
    Participant

kerwin,
    Personally (with no real scripture to support it) I believe the Father exists outside/above all of creation. He, is so far beyond His creation(s), that He interacts vicariously through His “agents” (His Son and the Holy Spirit), that is why Jesus came explaining the Father. Once again I am not teaching this, but I'm exploring it.

Wm

Ed J
    Participant

Thanks, Wm.

I wasn't sure who you were talking about, by your wording?

God bless  
    Ed J
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (seekingtruth @ July 10 2011,05:58)
    kerwin,
    Personally (with no real scripture to support it) I believe the Father exists outside/above all of creation. He, is so far beyond His creation(s), that He interacts vicariously through His “agents” (His Son and the Holy Spirit), that is why Jesus came explaining the Father. Once again I am not teaching this, but I'm exploring it.

Wm

I can understand the need of exploring as what little I know is the result of it I have not yet reached the goal for which God's people are called.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 10 2011,03:55)
    Kerwin

So you believe God is contained in a small portion of his creation.  Interesting!

what small portion?? who says that it is not us that are in the small portion?

you talk and not think

Pierre

I have no ideal of what percentage of creation the highest heaven is but it is small compared with God. I do know the highest heaven is only a portion of God's creation.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ July 10 2011,03:18)

Quote (kerwin @ July 09 2011,15:10)
    Just because you do not believe a scripture does not mean it does not exist.

What?  Is that comment suppose to mean you know of a scripture that says God is “omnipresent”?

If so, then lay it on me, man!  I don't want to be in the dark about scriptural things.

It means that you, like most if not all of us here, have yet more to learn.

Jeremiah 23

King James Version (KJV)

23Am I a God at hand, saith the LORD, and not a God afar off?

24Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? saith the LORD. Do not I fill heaven and earth? saith the LORD.

Istari
    Participant

Ha ha … Kerwin, well done – ha ha…

Has this not been presented to Mikeboll before? Yes?
    But he still snakes round as if he never heard it before…

Ha ha – fantastic…

David said 'Where can I go to hide from your [God's] presence…' – does this not say 'Omnipresent' – does to me!!

Ha ha – ha ha ha …

Istari
    Participant

From Kerwin to Mikeboll,

Ha ha ha – what a day … Ha ha ha

From Istari to Mikeboll64,
    “You have much to learn young paduwan” and
    “Your powers are weak, old Man!”

Fancy a Scholar like Mikeboll asking for PROOF that God is OMNIPRESENT…

Ha ha ha – that is SO SO funny – ha ha ha…

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ July 09 2011,21:02)

Jeremiah 23

King James Version (KJV)

24Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? saith the LORD. Do not I fill heaven and earth? saith the LORD.

Hi Kerwin,

What do you suppose that scripture means, Kerwin?  I understand it to mean that the PRESENCE of God is everywhere, as I explained about the U.S.A. in a previous post on this thread.

People need to understand a couple very simple facts about the supposed “omnipresence” of God:  

1.  If God is omnipresent, then God is EVERYWHERE WITHOUT EXCEPTION.

That would mean that the whole of the creation of God is not really a creation OF God, but God Himself.  It means that God IS everything in existence.  God is me and therefore I am God, etc.

2. If God is omnipresent, then scripture contradicts itself.  Jesus CLEARLY and without mincing words told us exactly WHERE our God is – in heaven.

Both points must be true for God to truly be omnipresent. And if both points are true, then Jesus lied to us and I am God.

peace,
    mike

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ July 10 2011,21:02)

What?  Is that comment suppose to mean you know of a scripture that says God is “omnipresent”?

If so, then lay it on me, man!  I don't want to be in the dark about scriptural things.

Jeremiah 23

King James Version (KJV)

Kerwin

with 100,000,000,angels tell me how you will hide from God?

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Istari @ July 11 2011,09:56)
    From Kerwin to Mikeboll,

Ha ha ha – what a day … Ha ha ha

From Istari to Mikeboll64,
    “You have much to learn young paduwan” and
    “Your powers are weak, old Man!”

Fancy a Scholar like Mikeboll asking for PROOF that God is OMNIPRESENT…

Ha ha ha – that is SO SO funny – ha ha ha…

istari

you are deceiving yourself by looking for something to had and so you can mock someone because of your frustration of not possessing the truth on all your views

Pierre

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Pierre,

It is clear from Istari's post that he doesn't really care if truth wins out in the end – as long as mikeboll loses.  :)

He makes posts against me like this even when we agree on the issue at hand. :)

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (seekingtruth @ July 08 2011,18:29)
    I said that God is everywhere, but I see “God” as an office where Jesus is His agent here, and the Holy Spirit within us, has our realm covered and scripture is clear that the Father seats in Heaven (the spiritual realm).

Now if the question had been “where is the Father”, I would have said heaven only. However I believe that the Father sits above our reality “Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool”.

My opinion – Wm

William,
    Doesn't this say that the Father is or at least can be present everywhere by His Spirit?

Psalm 139
    7Where can I go from Your Spirit?
    Or where can I flee from Your presence?
    8If I ascend to heaven, You are there;
    If I make my bed in Sheol, behold, You are there.

9If I take the wings of the dawn,
    If I dwell in the remotest part of the sea,

10Even there Your hand will lead me,
    And Your right hand will lay hold of me.

Love to you Bro,
    Kathi

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ July 10 2011,12:19)
    William,
    Doesn't this say that the Father is or at least can be present everywhere by His Spirit?

I agree 100% with the bolded part, Kathi.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ July 11 2011,11:57)
    Pierre,

It is clear from Istari's post that he doesn't really care if truth wins out in the end – as long as mikeboll loses.  :)

He makes posts against me like this even when we agree on the issue at hand.  :)

I see ,he qualifies my comments as not worthy of his mind ,this is so he does not answer the questions that kills his views

:D :D :D

terraricca
    Participant

Kathi

William,

I agree ,but if you change the word SPIRIT by WILL

Pierre

Lightenup
    Participant

Pierre,
    The Spirit is not the will of God but it is directed by the will of God.

Hebrews 2:4
    God also testifying with them, both by signs and wonders and by various miracles and by gifts of the Holy Spirit according to His own will.

John 16:13
    “But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come.

The Spirit is not the will of God but carries out the will of God.

Kathi

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ July 10 2011,13:24)

Quote (Lightenup @ July 10 2011,12:19)
    William,

I agree 100% with the bolded part, Kathi.

:)

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ July 11 2011,13:58)
    Pierre,
    The Spirit is not the will of God but it is directed by the will of God.

Hebrews 2:4
    God also testifying with them, both by signs and wonders and by various miracles and by gifts of the Holy Spirit according to His own will.

John 16:13
    “But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come.

The Spirit is not the will of God but carries out the will of God.

Kathi

Kathi

this confirm what i say that the spirit is the will of God

there is only one truth that is Gods truth ,one understanding of that truth it is also Gods understanding that he gives to his people,

God is spirit ,this means that what ever he says or want it is his will,and truth,

so when God gives his holy spirit =this means that he gives or hand over his truth to fulfil his will
    look at any one that has received the holy spirit and what are they doing ? fulfil Gods words so that his glory may be known.

Mt 6:10 your kingdom come,
    your will be done
    on earth as it is in heaven.

you see the will of God is what as to be fulfilled on earth

and thats what we waiting for ;at the end ALL WILL BE OF GOD AND IN GOD(IN THE WILL OF GOD)

Pierre

kerwin
    Participant

Mike Boll,

What do you suppose that scripture means, Kerwin?

The words “Do not I fill heaven and earth?” in Jeremiah 23:23-24 are a rhetorical question that asks why anyone would doubt that God is large enough to fill all he creates.

I understand it to mean that the PRESENCE of God is everywhere, as I explained about the U.S.A. in a previous post on this thread.

I do not know where that post is nor have I read it but I do know what scripture tells me about the Presence of the Lord.

Genesis 3:8
    King James Version (KJV)
    8And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden.

Genesis 4:16
    King James Version (KJV)
    16And Cain went out from the presence of the LORD, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden.

1.  If God is omnipresent, then God is EVERYWHERE WITHOUT EXCEPTION.

That would mean that the whole of the creation of God is not really a creation OF God, but God Himself.  It means that God IS everything in existence.  God is me and therefore I am God, etc.

Creation exists within the dimensions God set on it while God does not have such limits.  After all Creation does have its being in God.

Acts 17
    King James Version (KJV)

28For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

2.  If God is omnipresent, then scripture contradicts itself.  Jesus CLEARLY and without mincing words told us exactly WHERE our God is – in heaven.

Both points must be true for God to truly be omnipresent.  And if both points are true, then Jesus lied to us and I am God.

Isaiah 66
    King James Version (KJV)
    1Thus saith the LORD, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest?
    2For all those things hath mine hand made, and all those things have been, saith the LORD: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word.

How can God be in heaven and his house be on earth?  I ask as it’s a variation of the same mystery you propose and the answer is similar.  The highest heaven is God’s throne because it is the place he chose for his seat of authority.  A throne after all is the seat of “power, dignity, or rank”, see throne at thefreedictionary.com,  of the one who sits on it.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 10 2011,22:16)

Quote (kerwin @ July 10 2011,21:02)

Jeremiah 23

King James Version (KJV)

Kerwin

with 100,000,000,angels tell me how you will hide from God?

Pierre

Does God mention angels in Jeremiah 23:23-24?

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 333 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account