Where is God?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 333 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Quote (seekingtruth @ July 09 2011,11:43)
    terraricca,

But I believe that there are different aspects of God; His Son to whom He gave all power and authority and His Spirit who may actually be in both heaven and earth.

My opinion – Wm

Hi Wm,

With respect to “God the Father”: Are you saying he is may not actually be in both heaven and earth?

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Istari @ July 09 2011,20:02)
    Terraricca,

TRUTH is Power – and the Holy Spirit IS the SPIRIT OF TRUTH.

Hi Istari,

That would then make the Holy Spirit “The Word”; right?
    “The pen is mightier than the sword.” ~ Edward Bulwer

Your friend

seekingtruth
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 09 2011,14:59)

Quote (seekingtruth @ July 09 2011,18:43)
    terraricca,
    But I believe that there are different aspects of God; His Son to whom He gave all power and authority and His Spirit who may actually be in both heaven and earth.

My opinion – Wm

ST

the aspect of the character of God is described in scriptures,

the fact that Christ received powers does not mean he received powers be on and above his father ,can you give something more than what you have ? no

I in no way implied that the Son had any power over the Father, quite the opposite the Father is the source of ALL power, He gave power and authority to Jesus, as He had already proven He would do the Father's will, even to death. Now the Father will place all enemies under His feet, then the Son shall submit it to the Father displaying for all of heaven humility and obedience. 27 For he “has put everything under his feet.” Now when it says that “everything” has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ. 28 When he has done this, then the Son himself will be made subject to him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all (everything taken into account)

and God says that he will not give his glory to anyone ,this tells you that the power Christ received is enough to do what as to done for that all is of God,no more no less,

Jesus replied, “If I glorify myself, my glory means nothing. My Father, whom you claim as your God, is the one who glorifies me.

When he heard this, Jesus said, “This sickness will not end in death. No, it is for God’s glory so that God’s Son may be glorified through it.

And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.

the spirit of God is his will,when God gives his spirit to Christ this means that he as given his orders to Christ so that Christ can do as his father says ,my father and I are one how ? in will.

you have to learn Gods word so that you know his will and so stop of only having opinions

I have been learning, for over 30 years now, having; read the scriptures through many times, having searched thousands of verses while studying on a single topic, I have prayed for revelation, I have forsaken deeply held beliefs when confronted with scriptural evidence,  and while I believe everything I post was given to me by God as a revelation of truth the nature of deception is your convinced that a lie is truth. That is why I post “my opinion” opening it up for someone to bring scripture to prove it to be an error, by this I get my second witness to establish truth. I'll never have all truth however there are beliefs I will state as fact, and these are growing all the time.

the truth will make you free

Pierre

No argument there

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (seekingtruth @ July 10 2011,11:01)

Quote (terraricca @ July 09 2011,14:59)

Quote (seekingtruth @ July 09 2011,18:43)
    terraricca,

My opinion – Wm

ST

the aspect of the character of God is described in scriptures,

the fact that Christ received powers does not mean he received powers be on and above his father ,can you give something more than what you have ? no

I in no way implied that the Son had any power over the Father, quite the opposite the Father is the source of ALL power, He gave power and authority to Jesus, as He had already proven He would do the Father's will, even to death. Now the Father will place all enemies under His feet, then the Son shall submit it to the Father displaying for all of heaven humility and obedience. 27 For he “has put everything under his feet.” Now when it says that “everything” has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ. 28 When he has done this, then the Son himself will be made subject to him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all (everything taken into account)

and God says that he will not give his glory to anyone ,this tells you that the power Christ received is enough to do what as to done for that all is of God,no more no less,

Jesus replied, “If I glorify myself, my glory means nothing. My Father, whom you claim as your God, is the one who glorifies me.

When he heard this, Jesus said, “This sickness will not end in death. No, it is for God’s glory so that God’s Son may be glorified through it.

And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.

the spirit of God is his will,when God gives his spirit to Christ this means that he as given his orders to Christ so that Christ can do as his father says ,my father and I are one how ? in will.

you have to learn Gods word so that you know his will and so stop of only having opinions

I have been learning, for over 30 years now, having; read the scriptures through many times, having searched thousands of verses while studying on a single topic, I have prayed for revelation, I have forsaken deeply held beliefs when confronted with scriptural evidence,  and while I believe everything I post was given to me by God as a revelation of truth the nature of deception is your convinced that a lie is truth. That is why I post “my opinion” opening it up for someone to bring scripture to prove it to be an error, by this I get my second witness to establish truth. I'll never have all truth however there are beliefs I will state as fact, and these are growing all the time.

the truth will make you free

Pierre

No argument there

ST

I deeply thank you for now i know you better brother

thanks

Pierre

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (terraricca @ July 07 2011,21:52)
    mike

yes you right Wispring ,but with all the answers on hand now and so I see i am the only one that has vote God is in heaven

if you also vote for heaven how come there is only my vote in there ?

That is interesting Pierre.

T8, why have both Pierre and I voted “Heaven”, but there is only one vote recorded there?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ July 07 2011,23:52)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ July 04 2011,19:35)
    Our Father is in heaven, as Jesus repeatedly taught us.  He dwells in unapproachable light that no man can look upon.

He can rule over earth and be with us, for us, and in us through His active force (the Holy Spirit), and through His many vice regents.  But He Himself remains in heaven…………for now.

Where is the Kingdom of heaven?

Anywhere and everywhere, Kerwin.

The Ruler of the Kingdom of heaven rules over the earth as well. But for now, His rule over the earth is not complete, for He has allowed another god to have much sway over the earth and those who dwell in it for a while.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (seekingtruth @ July 08 2011,17:29)
    I said that God is everywhere, but I see “God” as an office where Jesus is His agent here, and the Holy Spirit within us, has our realm covered and scripture is clear that the Father seats in Heaven (the spiritual realm).

Now if the question had been “where is the Father”, I would have said heaven only. However I believe that the Father sits above our reality “Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool”.

My opinion – Wm

Ah, so now there are THREE “Heaven” votes! I don't feel so all alone anymore. :)

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (thehappyman @ July 08 2011,14:06)
    Hi All ;
         In Matt. 6:9 tells us where our Father is (as stated in other post)
       which (art) in heaven ,   Where ?    … in heaven
       where is His kindom …..in heaven ? …. so this prayer is to the point ,
       and not repetitous. It is the perfect prayer. It is the truth, for it is
       written. Please read the whole prayer ….  
    :D

Perhaps FOUR “Heaven” votes now? :)

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Hi All,

I will accept the Kingdom of God like a child. I will accept His words the same way. If He and His agents say He dwells in heaven, then I believe that is where He dwells.

There is no scripture that says God is “omnipresent”, yet like the Trinity, which also has no scriptural support, it seems to be the most common belief among Christians.

peace,
    mike

seekingtruth
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ July 10 2011,00:44)

terraricca,

My opinion – Wm

Hi Wm,

With respect to “God the Father”: Are you saying he is may not actually be in both heaven and earth?

God bless

Scripture is plain that the Father is in heaven and why continually state His location if He was everywhere. Shouldn't Jesus have said “Our Father in heaven and earth” so… bottom line I don't know scripture seems to make indications both ways, still trying to understand it.

Wm

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (seekingtruth @ July 10 2011,14:05)

terraricca,

My opinion – Wm

Hi Wm,

God bless

Scripture is plain that the Father is in heaven and why continually state His location if He was everywhere. Shouldn't Jesus have said “Our Father in heaven and earth” so… bottom line I don't know scripture seems to make indications both ways, still trying to understand it.

Wm

ST

where does Christ say ; “Our Father in heaven and earth”

Mt 6:9 “This, then, is how you should pray:

“ ‘Our Father in heaven,
    hallowed be your name,
    Mt 6:10 your kingdom come

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

:D

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (terraricca @ July 09 2011,14:17)
    ST

Hi Pierre,

You misunderstood Wm. He was saying that IF God was in heaven AND on earth, Jesus' teaching on how we should pray would have made that clear, instead of teaching us that the Father is IN HEAVEN.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (seekingtruth @ July 10 2011,02:05)

terraricca,

My opinion – Wm

Hi Wm,

God bless

Wm

So you believe God is contained in a small portion of his creation. Interesting!

I am convinced that even his whole creation cannot contain him.

Scripture states his seat of power is in heaven. Does the government of a country exists only where its seat of power is located?

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ July 09 2011,23:56)

Quote (kerwin @ July 07 2011,23:52)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ July 04 2011,19:35)
    Our Father is in heaven, as Jesus repeatedly taught us.  He dwells in unapproachable light that no man can look upon.

He can rule over earth and be with us, for us, and in us through His active force (the Holy Spirit), and through His many vice regents.  But He Himself remains in heaven…………for now.

Where is the Kingdom of heaven?

Anywhere and everywhere, Kerwin.

The Ruler of the Kingdom of heaven rules over the earth as well.  But for now, His rule over the earth is not complete, for He has allowed another god to have much sway over the earth and those who dwell in it for a while.

Mike,

I agree God's seat of power is in the highest heaven but that does not meant it contains him.

Does God require agents to rule his kingdom?

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ July 10 2011,00:11)
    Hi All,

I will accept the Kingdom of God like a child.  I will accept His words the same way.  If He and His agents say He dwells in heaven, then I believe that is where He dwells.

There is no scripture that says God is “omnipresent”, yet like the Trinity, which also has no scriptural support, it seems to be the most common belief among Christians.

peace,
    mike

Just because you do not believe a scripture does not mean it does not exist.

I am convinced that we yet have more to learn.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ July 09 2011,15:07)
    Mike,

I agree God's seat of power is in the highest heaven but that does not meant it contains him.

Does God require agents to rule his kingdom?

Well, there's a big problem out of the way then!  The fact that God CHOOSES to dwell in “heaven” is not to say that God CAN'T go anywhere else, or that He is “contained” by the very heaven He created.

On the same lines, God doesn't necessarily “require” agents to rule His Kingdom, but He CHOOSES to use them.

peace,
    mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ July 09 2011,15:10)
    Just because you do not believe a scripture does not mean it does not exist.

What?  Is that comment suppose to mean you know of a scripture that says God is “omnipresent”?

If so, then lay it on me, man!  I don't want to be in the dark about scriptural things.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ July 10 2011,14:24)

Quote (terraricca @ July 09 2011,14:17)
    ST

Hi Pierre,

You misunderstood Wm.  He was saying that IF God was in heaven AND on earth, Jesus' teaching on how we should pray would have made that clear, instead of teaching us that the Father is IN HEAVEN.

Mike

ok see it :) :)

terraricca
    Participant

Kerwin

So you believe God is contained in a small portion of his creation. Interesting!

what small portion?? who says that it is not us that are in the small portion?

you talk and not think

Pierre

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 333 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account