Where is God?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Joshua 2:11
    And as soon as we had heard these things, our hearts did melt, neither did there remain any more courage in any man, because of you: for the LORD your God, he is God in heaven above, and in earth beneath.

What say you?

Is God in heaven, and also in earth?

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Dennison,   …nice thread!

You have produced a scripture that most would ignore, like they do
    with John 14:23. Not realizing Jesus returned on “Pentecost“. (Link)

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him,
    If a man love me, he will keep my words: and
    my Father will love him, and “we” will come
    unto him, and make our abode with him.

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ July 04 2011,19:07)
    And as soon as we had heard these things, our hearts did melt, neither did there remain any more courage in any man, because of you: for the LORD your God, he is God in heaven above, and in earth beneath.

What say you?

Hi Dennison,

John 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth(HolySpirit); whom the world cannot receive, because it
    seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
    Eph.4:4-6 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; One Lord,
    one faith, one baptism, One God and Father of all, who
    is above all, and through all, and in you all.

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ July 04 2011,19:07)

What say you?

Hi Dennison,

Yet another verse PROVING that God's “HolySpirit”(151) is “The LORD JEHOVAH”(151). Link
    Psalm 139:7-12 Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?
    If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.
    If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; Even there shall
    thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me. If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me;
    even the night shall be light about me. Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shin-
    eth as “The Day”=63: the “darkness”=91 and (Spirit=91) the light are both alike to thee (YHVH=63).
    I'm anxious to see how everyone will “vote” here at Heaven.net on this all important Biblical doctrine!

Your brother
    in Christ, Jesus.

Tim Kraft
    Participant

To all: I believe there is no place where God is not! God was in the begining and all things came from God. God is within and without. To know Gods ways and thoughts, they are in Jesus words, the expressed word of God. Jesus came to tell us where God is and the truth of what God has done for us in this day of the lord. I believe John came baptising with water to symbolically wash away the old, man created beliefs about God that has been established for thousands of years. The beliefs were dark, full of sin, uncleanliness, impure, unrighteousness unworthiness etc., they were is darkness.

Jesus came as the light of God to enlighten the old beliefs to the truth. Jesus preached the Kingdom of God, Gods ruling world, Gods city, Gods abode, house, temple, chruch, body within mankind. As it was from the begining. John washed away the old thinking and ushered in the spirit of God/words of God/words of truth/spirit of truth. If a man eats this true/truth/spirit food and drinks the true drink of Jesus he becomes one in awareness of truth. The truth always was IMO, yet God sent his word to bring the truth to the awareness of man of who he really is. In the world there is truth(God) and lies(distorted truth). Our war or fight is against evil thinking.

Incorrect, tainted, distorted truth. Jesus mission was also to straighten the path, wipe out sin and wrong thinking. Straighten the way for man to be aware that God is his very life force. The power of God/the annointing of Christ are within each human being whether they believe it or not.

That power effectually worketh in each person. One attracks and emits love, peace, joy etc. and receives the same(sow and reap) and one will attract and emit evil beliefs, wars, fighting, crime, rules, laws, etc., and will experience that which he sows in life. The same power worketh to bring to the individual his self created beliefs or the truth given by Jesus from God. Whatever we program our hearts with and ponder, contemplate, and send out our mouths, with intention, will become the experiences we have in life. That is part of the plan of God IMO. TK

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ July 04 2011,19:51)

God bless

Greetings Ed …. A fair interpretation of the scriptures you cited would include commandments/Law instead of the nebulous term “word”,simply because it would be virtuelly impossible to follow every word… Jesus uttered many many words, it is only the words that pertain to the law and the keeping of it that matters….Pentcost marked the beginning of Christs' church and is one of GODs holy days as commanded by the Law in Lev:23…. On Pentecost God returned in spirit to empower the choosen of the time with his spirit consisting of the gifts needed to insure the existance of his church and to guarantee that the gates of hell would not prevail against it…..Jesus will return again in Glory and in Person to usher in his Government which will have its roots in the same Law the eternal gave Moses at Sinai…

shimmer
    Participant

1st John 4:4

You are of God, little children, and have overcome them; because
    greater is he who is in you
    than he who is in the world.

Istari
    Participant

God is everywhere.

The Spirit is everywhere.

There is no 'place' (singleness of physical position/location) in the Spirit realm.

shimmer
    Participant

1st Corin 3:16

Do you not know that you are a temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Our Father is in heaven, as Jesus repeatedly taught us. He dwells in unapproachable light that no man can look upon.

He can rule over earth and be with us, for us, and in us through His active force (the Holy Spirit), and through His many vice regents. But He Himself remains in heaven…………for now.

shimmer
    Participant

“Jesus said “I am with you always, even to the end of the world.”

“Thus therefore pray ye: 'Our Father who art in the heavens, hallowed be Thy name.”

Pastry
    Participant

God is omnipresent, by His Holy Spirit He dwells in us….
    His Throne is in Heaven. I also don't think we with our little minds can define God, His Being and all He is capable of doing.
    God is
    The everlasting one,
    The self-existing one,
    The immortal one

God existence depends on NOTHING and NO ONE….while His creation depends on Him….

Peace Irene

thehappyman
    Participant

Hi All
            There is  nor dominions nor powers  nor height nor wideth nor visible nor invisible that can regulate God for He is the creator and master builder. Man is like a vapor without Him. Our Father can go where ever ; when ever , how ever , He wishes to go , my humble opinion and I shall stand for God in like manner for He is my God and yours,      Sincerely   …..
    :D

shimmer
    Participant

Hi all. I wanted to share this.

How do we know when it is God speaking to us and when it is our own thoughts? How do we distinguish between God and the enemy speaking? How do we know that when something happens it is of God or of satan? Its so easy isn't it? to think in human terms.

Our ways are not Gods ways, nor our thoughts His thoughts.

God is far higher than the heavens and knows your thoughts before they even came to be. Before time began and was created God looked through that telescope of time and saw us. He is at all moments of time and space, future, past and present. He knew of us before we were formed and knew of our salvation far before time existed. He knitted us together in our mothers womb, as He knits the church together and makes it into a body of believers, all with a purpose and a plan, with a gifting and a talent, with a function and meaning, each part functioning as it was intended, making a whole.

He knows every thought of every person simultaniously at any given split second. He hears the unspoken prayers of every heart and the spoken words of petition and thanksgiving. He who created all things knew of us at the beginning when He created time and space, when He spoke and breathed life into flesh. There is nothing God does not know of, and nothing can be hidden from His all seeing eyes.

“My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways,' says the Lord.
    'For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways,
    And My thoughts than your thoughts.” Isaiah 55:8-9

God is infinite and we are finite. God lives outside of time and space and although we tend to see things through our eyes, God see's the whole picture.

God can see your entire life before Him. He can see your beginning and your end, because He is the beginning and ending of all things. He is the Alpha and Omega. He is before time and outside of time.

You could say that when God saved you – He not only knew you would come to Him, but He could see the choices you would make before you made them.

He can see the beginning of the world as we know it and the ending of all things. He is at the beginning of the new, for the new shall be and is eternal. He knows the ways you choose to walk in and if you walk in His ways all power is available to you. All the tremendous and unlimited extravagent abundance of the Christian life is available to us who believe and walk in His ways. The same power that raised up Jesus from the dead is in us, because we live in that resurrection power of the Holy Spirit. God Himself lives in us.  

For He is the God of omniscience – the all knowing God. His knowledge is unlimited – for God cannot be limited. He cannot be confined to mans wisdom or knowledge. He has no boundaries, no borders, no confines, no walls or barriers that limit His knowledge. All the wisdom and knowledge of a thousand scientists could not even touch or comprehend the vastness of Gods knowledge. He knows your comings and goings, when you rise and when you sleep.  He goes before you before you even rise from your slumber. He knows the day that comes, and each day is mapped out. He knows the hair of every head. He knows every thought of every person at any given second. He knows the beginning and the ending of your life here on this planet and everything conceivable thing that has happened or can ever happen. You can never surprise God, because there is nothing new under the sun. He knows every word that will come from your mouth and every whisper said in the dark. Every movement of every creature that walks the face of the earth. Every sparrow that falls to the ground, every widow that gives her last coin. He knows every sin and every way of man. Through time beginning to time ending He has seen it all outside of time and a thousand years is as a second and a second as a thousand years.

He knows every person by name and calls to them. He is in all things – in every atom and element, in every organism and every molecule. He is above all things and in all things – and He lives in you.

http://www.christianfaithwalk.com/home….tudies-

terraricca
    Participant

All

scriptures are saying that he create all stars ,galaxies,solar systems,many light years away from us,right
    and Paul says;Ro 1:20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.

Paul does not say that God is on earth ,but his power that holds all things together ,also God divine nature ,this is shown trough all that is created how it is made and all the blessing from it are distributed to all living creatures and living things ,

many do not believe that there is a God ,by looking at the universe it is so big ,God is spirit and has to be understood by the spirit mind ,God has provided all of us with his scriptures and wisdom trough his righteous prophets ,and apostles not forgetting his son Jesus Christ ,but many do not trust there words ,and so it is the way it was foretold.he who believed will be saved.

Pierre

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (theodorej @ July 04 2011,22:54)

Quote (Ed J @ July 04 2011,19:51)

God bless

Greetings Ed …. A fair interpretation of the scriptures you cited would include commandments/Law instead of the nebulous term “word”,simply because it would be virtuelly impossible to follow every word… Jesus uttered many many words, it is only the words that pertain to the law and the keeping of it that matters….Pentcost marked the beginning of Christs' church and is one of GODs holy days as commanded by the Law in Lev:23…. On Pentecost God returned in spirit to empower the choosen of the time with his spirit consisting of the gifts needed to insure the existance of his church and to guarantee that the gates of hell would not prevail against it…..Jesus will return again in Glory and in Person to usher in his Government which will have its roots in the same Law the eternal gave Moses at Sinai…

Hi Theodore J,

Luke 4:4 And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That
    man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.
    Mathew 4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man
    shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that
    proceedeth out of “The Mouth of God” (YHVH).

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ July 05 2011,00:35)
    Our Father is in heaven, as Jesus repeatedly taught us.  He dwells in unapproachable light that no man can look upon.

He can rule over earth and be with us, for us, and in us through His active force (the Holy Spirit), and through His many vice regents.  But He Himself remains in heaven…………for now.

Hi Mike,

The systems of religion and traditions of men communicate…
    distortions of truth, confusion of mind, and distractions of spirit

Are you not aware Matt.6:9 was spoken by Jesus prior toPentecost“?
    Did you also not know that Matt.6:10 is a reference toPentecost“?   … (Link)

Consider these verses…

Luke 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.
    (John 14:17-18) The Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not,
    neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for He (HolySpirit) dwelleth with you, and

(He) shall be in you. I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

Eph.4:4-6 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; One Lord,
    one faith, one baptism, One
    God and Father of all, who
    is above all, and through all, and
    in you all.

God bless

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ July 05 2011,20:13)

Our Father is in heaven, as Jesus repeatedly taught us.  He dwells in unapproachable light that no man can look upon.

He can rule over earth and be with us, for us, and in us through His active force (the Holy Spirit), and through His many vice regents.  But He Himself remains in heaven…………for now.

Hi Mike,

Consider these verses…

Luke 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.
    (John 14:17-18) The Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not,
    neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for He (HolySpirit) dwelleth with you, and

in you all.

God bless

EDj

what did Adam do to lose the garden of eden?

Pierre

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 05 2011,14:35)

Quote (Ed J @ July 05 2011,20:13)

Hi Mike,

Consider these verses…

in you all.

God bless

EDj

what did Adam do to lose the garden of eden?

Pierre

Hi Pierre,

Gen. 3:17-19: And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife,
    and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed
    is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life; Thorns also and
    thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field; In the sweat of thy
    face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken:
    for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return. The LORD God drove the man out.

Gen.3:22-24 And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil:
    and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:
    Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from
    whence he was taken. So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the
    garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way,
    to keep the way of the tree of life. Keep asking questions and learn!

God bless

terraricca
    Participant

edj

and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it:

this is called disobedience,so the return to paradise would obedience,right ?

Pierre

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account