What exactly is fornication?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    seekingtruth
    Participant

Quote (Beloved @ Nov. 12 2009,04:59)

Quote (kerwin @ Nov. 12 2009,08:51)

Quote (Beloved @ Nov. 12 2009,01:28)
    Speaking on condemning, I don't mean you personally. I've just seen many Christians do this.

How do you define condemnation?

God instructs us to rebuke our brothers and sisters for their sins or to be held guilty.

Too many accuse those that justly rebuke them of condemning them in order to justify their sin.   That is not how Jesus teaches us to respond to a just rebuke.  Instead we should fight the desire to defend ourself and instead except the rebuke hoping that it serves its purpose to bring about a harvest of righteousness.

If the rebuke is unjust then another response may well be appropriate.

Changing one's ways and doing right is not easy but it is possible as God will be with you as you truly persevere in seeking him.  I know that I have had many lessons as God has worked on my stubborn heart.  I also know that he has moved mountains in changing my heart.  I am confident he will do it for you as well if you seek him with all your heart. :D

Ah. I personally think there's a difference between letting someone know when they've done something wrong and not listening to them at all and shouting radical accusations.

That is how I define condemnation.

Acting radical towards another, not even bothering to listening to what others have to say. Practically screaming and ranting at people because they've told you something that you personally don't like. Continuously pointing the finger of blame and offering no solution, just accusing.

Scriptures tell us “Brothers, if someone is caught in a sin, you who are spiritual should restore him gently. But watch yourself, or you also may be tempted.”

My opinion – Wm

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (seekingtruth @ Nov. 12 2009,17:53)

Quote (Beloved @ Nov. 12 2009,04:59)

Quote (kerwin @ Nov. 12 2009,08:51)

Quote (Beloved @ Nov. 12 2009,01:28)
    Speaking on condemning, I don't mean you personally. I've just seen many Christians do this.

How do you define condemnation?

God instructs us to rebuke our brothers and sisters for their sins or to be held guilty.

Too many accuse those that justly rebuke them of condemning them in order to justify their sin.   That is not how Jesus teaches us to respond to a just rebuke.  Instead we should fight the desire to defend ourself and instead except the rebuke hoping that it serves its purpose to bring about a harvest of righteousness.

If the rebuke is unjust then another response may well be appropriate.

Changing one's ways and doing right is not easy but it is possible as God will be with you as you truly persevere in seeking him.  I know that I have had many lessons as God has worked on my stubborn heart.  I also know that he has moved mountains in changing my heart.  I am confident he will do it for you as well if you seek him with all your heart. :D

Ah. I personally think there's a difference between letting someone know when they've done something wrong and not listening to them at all and shouting radical accusations.

That is how I define condemnation.

Acting radical towards another, not even bothering to listening to what others have to say. Practically screaming and ranting at people because they've told you something that you personally don't like. Continuously pointing the finger of blame and offering no solution, just accusing.

Scriptures tell us “Brothers, if someone is caught in a sin, you who are spiritual should restore him gently. But watch yourself, or you also may be tempted.”

My opinion – Wm

Scripture does state that so I am not sure how it is your opinion except perhaps for application. Never the less, well put.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Beloved…………..Beloved simply put….Fornication is FALSEHOOD, living a lie, This can be in relation to GOD or MAN.

Adultery…………Is breaking of covenant this can be with GOD or MAN. A covenant is a marriage with GOD or MAN, when broken between a man and a women it is called (Adultery), when broken between GOD and Man it is call (Idolatry). The difference between Adultery and Fornication (SIMPLY PUT),  ONE is living a lie (fornication), and the other (Adultery) is breaking of covenant.  This can lead into a more in depth study for instance was Solomon sinning by having 700 wife and 300 concubines (NO) because he was acting in the capacity of a Husband to all of them (he provided for them) , He sinned when he went after there GOD and became a Idolatry.

When a woman marries a Man she gives up Her separate identity and becomes part of the Husbands identity, She takes His name and does away with hers. GOD never said Solomon was sinning by having those wifes and concubines, neither were the Patriarchs like David, Jacob, Moses, and Abraham  Sinning.  God himself is was the Husband of all of ISREAL and was in covenant with Her and acted as a husband to her and provided for her, but she became unfaithful and went after other men (so to speak) Therefore GOD divorced Her and called Her an Whore and an Idolater, in human terms that would be and Adulterer. When a man becomes a fornicator in a marriage is when he seeks out another women under false pretenses,  by not marring or committing to her. The man is not committing adulatory if he still provides for his wife, by acquiring another wife also.

But i personally believe in ONE Wife and ONE Husband, But it is (NOT) a sin for a man to have more than one wife. No where does GOD say a man is sinning for having more than one wife. The Church is the Bride of Christ, there are many Brides there. We are (IN) Christs CARE, the same of a wife she is in the CARE of her Husband, he is held liable for her care, both Physically and Emotionally.  Jesus is held liable for the Church also by GOD the FATHER. We are his bride and his responsibility also. All this requires sincerity and faithfulness on both sides. No fornicator will be part of that relationship.  IMO

peace and love to you and yours……………..gene

RokkaMan
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ Nov. 11 2009,08:11)
    Beloved………Fornication is sexual relations outside Marriage, it is the destoryer of a true union relationship. When two people male and female meet and give themselves in sex they are satisfying the normal lust in them, However if this in not in a marriage , them they are violatine each other. GOD Created sex for procreation and man desire should be to his wife. This is a special part of being married, and becoming one with that person you are married to. Fornication can be sumed up as a fraud or a Lie, because it portrays a union that is false and lacks commitment. It is a sin of Falsehood. GOD hates it, because of what it does to one of the parities involved (generally the women) They give themselves to the man and when he is through with them he just dumps them out and goes after another, their hearts a broken and their lives are shattered, Fornication stresses the whole body also, because of the emotional attachment involved. “He who fornicates sin against his (OWN) body. People who practice sex outside of marriage are just running a shame and suffer from delusions, because their is no serious commitment, If a man is not willing to marry a women and visa verse they have no right to sex with each other, they just cheapen themselves,  Fornicators are people who live a lie to their own heart or someone else, and practice lying as they try to seduce there pray,  do not let anyone use you like that. Why should you suffer for some Phony anyway.  This is one of, if not the biggest sin Today is fornication.  See the ring get married , and (THEN) enjoy each other for the rest of you (COMMITTED LIVE) You will be greatly blessed. Don't be lead into a bunch of BS , by smooth talking lairs.  Fornication simply put is (FALSEHOOD).  

peace and love to you and yours………………………….gene

O Yea? That's the reason God created marriage? So we can give ourselves to one person and not fornicate?

How is this so, when King David and most of the men in the OT, either had multiple wives, or one wife and many concubines?

King david had like 300 concubines, yet he was highly favored and blessed by the Lord….

By your definition, he was a fornicator?

Reconcile that.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (RokkaMan @ Nov. 13 2009,04:21)

Quote (Gene @ Nov. 11 2009,08:11)
    Beloved………Fornication is sexual relations outside Marriage, it is the destoryer of a true union relationship. When two people male and female meet and give themselves in sex they are satisfying the normal lust in them, However if this in not in a marriage , them they are violatine each other. GOD Created sex for procreation and man desire should be to his wife. This is a special part of being married, and becoming one with that person you are married to. Fornication can be sumed up as a fraud or a Lie, because it portrays a union that is false and lacks commitment. It is a sin of Falsehood. GOD hates it, because of what it does to one of the parities involved (generally the women) They give themselves to the man and when he is through with them he just dumps them out and goes after another, their hearts a broken and their lives are shattered, Fornication stresses the whole body also, because of the emotional attachment involved. “He who fornicates sin against his (OWN) body. People who practice sex outside of marriage are just running a shame and suffer from delusions, because their is no serious commitment, If a man is not willing to marry a women and visa verse they have no right to sex with each other, they just cheapen themselves,  Fornicators are people who live a lie to their own heart or someone else, and practice lying as they try to seduce there pray,  do not let anyone use you like that. Why should you suffer for some Phony anyway.  This is one of, if not the biggest sin Today is fornication.  See the ring get married , and (THEN) enjoy each other for the rest of you (COMMITTED LIVE) You will be greatly blessed. Don't be lead into a bunch of BS , by smooth talking lairs.  Fornication simply put is (FALSEHOOD).  

O Yea? That's the reason God created marriage? So we can give ourselves to one person and not fornicate?

How is this so, when King David and most of the men in the OT, either had multiple wives, or one wife and many concubines?

King david had like 300 concubines, yet he was highly favored and blessed by the Lord….

By your definition, he was a fornicator?

Reconcile that.

Fornication is simply forbidden sex practices or spiritually speaking forbidden spiritual practices.

Worshiping another God is Spiritual Fornication
    Having sex with an animal is fornication
    Going to a Satanic ritual with your friends is Spiritual Fornication

Having sex with one of someone elses wife/wives/concubines is fornication.

Adultery is Fornication, Homosexuality is fornication, beastiality is Fornication, Incest is fornication

Having sex with someone of the opposite sex without marrying is not fornication the law was if you took a maiden and seduced her then you were obligated to Marry her

but the fact is now this:

10 And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand.

11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

Participant

Quote (Beloved @ Nov. 11 2009,05:33)
    Okay so this was something that I was really struggling with. And it dawned on me, I didn't even know the definition of fornication to begin with. It makes sense that I can't flee from something I know next to nothing about.

Here's the definition from dictionary.com “–noun
    1. voluntary sexual intercourse between two unmarried persons or two persons not married to each other.”

Here's the definition that somebody told me: “Fornication is having sexual intercourse with no emotional attachment”  The person who told me had knowledge of the bible.

Basically the second definition implies that its okay to have sex as long as you actually feel something for the person.

Though I realized most recently this second definition has to be TOTALLY wrong. The bad part is that, I'd accepted that 2nd definition for a while and just went on doing what I wanted to as long as I felt that I loved the person, if it was anything less than love and my heart wasn't set on it, I wouldn't do it.

I need a bit of clarity. How can you even stop yourself from committing it? It seems that with lust particularly, when its in your face, you forget everything that you'd ever learned that says 'don't do it'.

What does a biblical dictionary describe fornication to be? I went to look for scriptures and I've found verses that use the word, but my context clues seem to elude me.

In the meantime, I've repented and find myself too busy trying to learn the Word and the works of the enemy rather than dwelling on certain thoughts.

Another thing that gets really iffy is that some people define sex as anything involving the reproductive organs at all, while some people don't consider oral or even masturbation to be sex at all.

Where do you cross the line to where it becomes fornication?

Hi Beloved:

Before I was born again, sex was my God. Everything that was said about trying it this way or that way or anything else I wanted to try.

After I was born again, thinking I had gained some knowledge of the scriptures, in prayer, I told God I loved my wife with my life, basing this on the scripture that states husbands love you wives as Christ loved the church and gave his life for it. God spoke to me in an audible voice, saying, “if you love her pray for her”.

Our example of loving someone then, is the sacrificial life that Jesus lived obeying God even unto death on the cross. It isn't just “a feeling”.

When you are born again, your sins have been washed away by the blood of our Lord, and God does not remember your past, and so with this, you now have a new beginning, and also knowledge of the truth through God's Word. If you are having sex with someone to whom you are not married, you don't love that person otherwise you would not touch her.

And so, if you are having trouble abstaining, the best advice that I can give not to allow yourself to be put where the circumstances may cause you to be tempted, and that is what is meant with the counsel by the Word of God, “to flee fornication”. Your body if you are born again, is the temple of the Living God.

Oral sex is sexual perversion.

I hope this will help you.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Participant

Hi Beloved:

Flee fornication:

Gen 39:7 ¶ And it came to pass after these things, that his master's wife cast her eyes upon Joseph; and she said, Lie with me.

Gen 39:8 But he refused, and said unto his master's wife, Behold, my master wotteth not what [is] with me in the house, and he hath committed all that he hath to my hand;

Gen 39:9 [There is] none greater in this house than I; neither hath he kept back any thing from me but thee, because thou [art] his wife: how then can I do this great wickedness, and sin against God?

Gen 39:10 And it came to pass, as she spake to Joseph day by day, that he hearkened not unto her, to lie by her, [or] to be with her.

Gen 39:11 And it came to pass about this time, that [Joseph] went into the house to do his business; and [there was] none of the men of the house there within.

Gen 39:12 And she caught him by his garment, saying, Lie with me: and he left his garment in her hand, and fled, and got him out.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Nov. 13 2009,10:18)

Okay so this was something that I was really struggling with. And it dawned on me, I didn't even know the definition of fornication to begin with. It makes sense that I can't flee from something I know next to nothing about.

1. voluntary sexual intercourse between two unmarried persons or two persons not married to each other.”

Here's the definition that somebody told me: “Fornication is having sexual intercourse with no emotional attachment”  The person who told me had knowledge of the bible.

Basically the second definition implies that its okay to have sex as long as you actually feel something for the person.

Though I realized most recently this second definition has to be TOTALLY wrong. The bad part is that, I'd accepted that 2nd definition for a while and just went on doing what I wanted to as long as I felt that I loved the person, if it was anything less than love and my heart wasn't set on it, I wouldn't do it.

I need a bit of clarity. How can you even stop yourself from committing it? It seems that with lust particularly, when its in your face, you forget everything that you'd ever learned that says 'don't do it'.

What does a biblical dictionary describe fornication to be? I went to look for scriptures and I've found verses that use the word, but my context clues seem to elude me.

In the meantime, I've repented and find myself too busy trying to learn the Word and the works of the enemy rather than dwelling on certain thoughts.

Another thing that gets really iffy is that some people define sex as anything involving the reproductive organs at all, while some people don't consider oral or even masturbation to be sex at all.

Hi Beloved:

Before I was born again, sex was my God.  Everything that was said about trying it this way or that way or anything else I wanted to try.

After I was born again, thinking I had gained some knowledge of the scriptures, in prayer, I told God I loved my wife with my life, basing this on the scripture that states husbands love you wives as Christ loved the church and gave his life for it.  God spoke to me in an audible voice, saying, “if you love her pray for her”.

Our example of loving someone then, is the sacrificial life that Jesus lived obeying God even unto death on the cross.  It isn't just “a feeling”.

When you are born again, your sins have been washed away by the blood of our Lord, and God does not remember your past, and so with this, you now have a new beginning, and also knowledge of the truth through God's Word.  If you are having sex with someone to whom you are not married, you don't love that person otherwise you would not touch her.

And so, if you are having trouble abstaining, the best advice that I can give not to allow yourself to be put where the circumstances may cause you to be tempted, and that is what is meant with the counsel by the Word of God, “to flee fornication”.  Your body if you are born again, is the temple of the Living God.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Oral sex is a perversion?

Where is that written? That can't be true

The marriage bed can not be defiled

bodhitharta
    Participant

(12) O ye who believe! make not unlawful the good things which Allah hath made lawful for you, but commit no excess: for Allah loveth not those given to excess.
    ( سورة المائدة , Al-Maeda, Chapter #5, Verse #87)

Sex is a gift Yahweh gives to married people for their mutual enjoyment.

Proverbs 5:18-19, TLB. “Let your manhood be a blessing; rejoice in the wife of your youth. Let her charms and tender embrace satisfy you. Let her love alone fill you with delight.”

Romance and Yahweh's gift of sexuality are highly recommended within the commitment of marriage.

Hebrews 13:4, NIV. “Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure”

I Corinthians 7:3,4, NIV says, “The husband should fulfill his marital duty to his wife, and likewise the wife to her husband. The wife's body does not belong to her alone but also to her husband. In the same way, the husband's body does not belong to him alone but also to his wife.”

Yahweh designed sex as part of the unique relationship of marriage.

I Corinthians 7:5, TLB. “So do not refuse these rights to each other. The only exception to this rule would be the agreement of both husband and wife to refrain from the rights of marriage for a limited time, so that they can give themselves more completely to prayer. Afterwards, they should come together again so that Satan won't be able to tempt them because of their lack of self control.”

To keep from hurting ourselves, sexual desires and activities must be placed under Yeshua's control.

I Thessalonians 4:3-5, TLB. “For Yahweh wants you to be holy and pure and to keep clear of all sexual sin so that each of you will marry in holiness and honor, not in lustful passion as the heathen do, in their ignorance of Yahweh and his ways.”

The seventh commandment forbids adultery.

Exodus 20:14, “You shall not commit adultery.”

Sexual sin is destructive, even when the effects are not immediately apparent.

I Corinthians 6:18, TLB. “That is why I say to run from sex sin. No other sin affects the body as this one does. When you sin this sin it is against your own body.”

How does sexual sin begin?

Matthew 5:28, TLB. “But I say: Anyone who even looks at a woman with lust in his eye has already committed adultery with her in his heart.”

The Bible condemns homosexual behavior.

Romans 1:26-27, NIV. “Because of this, Yahweh gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.”

The Bible forbids incest.

Leviticus 18:6, NIV. “No one is to approach any close relative to have sexual relations.”

The Bible forbids bestiality.

Leviticus 18:23, NIV. “Do not have sexual relations with an animal and defile yourself with it.”

The Bible forbids sexual relations with a prostitute.

I Corinthians 6:15-17, TLB. Don't you realize that your bodies are actually parts and members of Yeshua? So should I take part of the Messiah and join Him to a prostitute? Never! And don't you know that if a man joins himself to a prostitute she becomes a part of him and he becomes a part of her? For Yahweh tells us in the Scripture that in His sight the two become one person.”

This applies to ONLY those who feels the LAW still has some merit within there life.

The rest I guess are free to do as they choose.

:cool:

What is one of the result's of sinful fornication?

Abortion?

What does Yahweh say about the life and personhood of a fetus? People have worth and identity before they are born.

Jeremiah 1:5, NIV. “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.”

Yahweh is at work in a person's life while he is in the womb.

Psalm 139:13-14, NIV. “For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.”

Yahweh's commandment forbids the taking of life.

Exodus 20:13, NIV. “You shall not murder.”

Adultery?

Yahweh's commandments forbid adultery.

Exodus 20:14, NIV. “You shall not commit adultery.”

To leave your spouse for another person may be legal, but it is adultery in Yahweh's eyes.

Luke 16:18, NIV. “Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery, and the man who marries a divorced woman commits adultery.”

Lust is a form of adultery.

Matthew 5:27-28, NIV. “You have heard that it was said, 'Do not commit adultery.' But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart.”

How did Yahweh relate to a woman caught in the act of adultery?

John 8:10-11, TLB. “Then Yeshua stood up again and said to her, 'Where are your accusers? Didn't even one of them condemn you?' No sir, she said. And Yeshua said, 'Neither do I. Go and sin no more.'”

It is Yahweh's will that we should avoid sexual immorality.

I Thessalonians 4:3, NIV. “It is Yahweh's will that you should be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality.”

:blues:

Bestiality?

The Bible forbids bestiality.

Leviticus 18:23, NIV. “Do not have sexual relations with an animal and defile yourself with it. A woman must not present herself to an animal to have sexual relations with it; that is a perversion.”

:blues:

What kind of person should you date?

II Timothy 2:22, TLB. “Run from anything that gives you the evil thoughts that young men often have, but stay close to anything that makes you want to do right. Have faith and love, and enjoy the companionship of those who love the Lord and have pure hearts.”

It is unwise to date someone who doesn't love Yahweh.

II Corinthians 6:14-15, TLB. “Don't be teamed with those who do not love the Lord, for what do the people of Yahweh have in common with the people of sin? How can light live with darkness? And what harmony can there be between the Messiah and the devil? How can a Christian be a partner with one who doesn't believe?”

Amos 3:3, NKJV says, “Can two walk together, unless they are agreed?”

Don't date someone who claims to be a Christian but doesn't live it.

I Corinthians 5:11, TLB. “What I meant was that you are not to keep company with anyone who claims to be a brother Christian but indulges in sexual sins, or is greedy, or is a swindler, or worships idols, or is a drunkard, or abusive. Don't even eat lunch with such a person.”

Avoid dating people who have a bad temper.

Proverbs 22:24, TLB. “Keep away from angry, short tempered men, lest you learn to be like them and endanger your soul.”

Don't date a lazy Christian.

II Thessalonians 3:6, TLB. “Now here is a command, dear brothers, given in the name of our Lord Yeshua HaMashiach by his authority: Stay away from any Christian who spends his days in laziness and does not follow the ideal of hard work we set up for you.”

Inner beauty counts the most.

I Peter 3:4, TLB. “Be beautiful inside, in your hearts, with the lasting charm of a gentle and quiet spirit that is so precious to Yahweh.”

Date someone with a good attitude.

Romans 15:5-6, TLB. “May Yahweh who gives patience, steadiness, and encouragement help you to live in complete harmony with each other, each with the attitude of the Messiah toward the other.”

Date someone who encourages you and is supportive.

Philippians 2:1-2, TLB. “Is there any such thing as Christians cheering each other up? Do you love me enough to want to help me? Does it mean anything to you that we are brothers in the Lord, sharing the same Spirit? Are your hearts tender and sympathetic at all? Then make me truly happy by loving each other, working together with one heart and mind and purpose.

In a dating relationship don't be exclusive, care about others too.

Philippians 2:4, TLB. “Don't just think about your own affairs, but be interested in others, too, and in what they are doing.”

Let the relationship progress step by step.

II Peter 1:6-7, TLB. “Next, learn to put aside your own desires so that you will become patient and godly, gladly letting Yahweh have his way with you. This will make possible the next step, which is for you to enjoy other people and to like them, and finally you will grow to love them deeply.”

What to avoid on dates.

Romans 13:13, TLB. “Be decent and true in everything you do so that all can approve your behavior. Don't spend your time in wild parties and getting drunk or in adultery and lust, or fighting, or jealousy.”

Dating should not include a sexual relationship.

I Corinthians 6:13,18, TLB. “But sexual sin is never right: our bodies were not made for that, but for the Lord. . . That is why I say to run from sex sin. No other sin affects the body as this one does. When you sin this sin it is against your own body.”

Keep yourself pure.

I John 3:3, TLB. “And everyone who really believes this will try to stay pure because the Messiah is pure.”

To keep from hurting ourselves, sexual desires and activities must be placed under the Messiah's control.

I Thessalonians 4:3-5, TLB. “For Yahweh wants you to be holy and pure and to keep clear of all sexual sin so that each of you will marry in holiness and honor, not in lustful passion as the heathen do, in their ignorance of Yahweh and his ways.”

If you have already gone too far physically, what should you do?

First, acknowledge your sin.

Psalm 51:2-4, TLB. “Oh, wash me, cleanse me from this guilt. Let me be pure again. For I admit my shameful deed, it haunts me day and night.”

Second, Ask forgiveness for your sin, Yahweh says you can start over again.

Psalm 51:7-12, TLB. “Sprinkle me with the cleansing blood and I shall be clean again. Wash me and I shall be whiter than snow. And after You have punished me, give me back my joy again. Don't keep looking at my sins, erase them from Your sight. Create in me a new, clean heart, O 'elohim, filled with clean thoughts and right desires. Don't toss me aside, banished forever from Your presence. Don't take Your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me again the joy of Your salvation, and make me willing to obey You.”

Third, Believe that Yahweh has indeed forgiven you and quit feeling guilty.

Psalm 32:1-6, TLB. “What happiness for those whose guilt has been forgiven! What joys when sins are covered over! What relief for those who have confessed their sins and Yahweh has cleared their record. There was a time when I wouldn't admit what a sinner I was. But my dishonesty made me miserable and filled my days with frustration. All day and all night Your hand was heavy on me. My strength evaporated like water on a sunny day until I finally admitted all my sins to You and stopped trying to hide them. I said to myself, 'I will confess them to the Lord.' And You forgave me! All my guilt is gone. Now I say that each believer should confess his sins to Yahweh when he is aware of them, while there is time to be forgiven. Judgment will not touch him if he does. You are my hiding place from every storm of life; You even keep me from getting into trouble! You surround me with songs of victory.”

Yahweh has a mate for you.

Genesis 2:18, TLB. “And the Lord Yahweh said, 'It isn't good for man to be alone; I will make a companion for him, a helper suited to his needs.'”

Ask the Lord for a mate.

Proverbs 19:14, TLB. “A father can give his sons homes and riches, but only the Lord can give them understanding wives.”

Yahweh will give you your heart's desires.

Psalm 37:4 and Matthew 6:8, TLB. “Be delighted with the Lord. Then He will give you all your heart's desires.” “Remember, your Father knows exactly what you need before you ask Him!”

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

RM…….A concubine was also considered just like a wife, in the bible , read about the Levities concubine and what happened to her by the hands of the tribe of Benjamin, and the retaliation all the rest of the tribes of Israel did as a result. And i did not give (MY) definition it what scripture says about Adulatory and Fornication. IMO

gene

Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Nov. 13 2009,11:02)

Hi Beloved:

Before I was born again, sex was my God.  Everything that was said about trying it this way or that way or anything else I wanted to try.

After I was born again, thinking I had gained some knowledge of the scriptures, in prayer, I told God I loved my wife with my life, basing this on the scripture that states husbands love you wives as Christ loved the church and gave his life for it.  God spoke to me in an audible voice, saying, “if you love her pray for her”.

Our example of loving someone then, is the sacrificial life that Jesus lived obeying God even unto death on the cross.  It isn't just “a feeling”.

When you are born again, your sins have been washed away by the blood of our Lord, and God does not remember your past, and so with this, you now have a new beginning, and also knowledge of the truth through God's Word.  If you are having sex with someone to whom you are not married, you don't love that person otherwise you would not touch her.

And so, if you are having trouble abstaining, the best advice that I can give not to allow yourself to be put where the circumstances may cause you to be tempted, and that is what is meant with the counsel by the Word of God, “to flee fornication”.  Your body if you are born again, is the temple of the Living God.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi BD:

My conscience tells me that it is sexual perversion. All of this I was doing before I was saved, and the scriptures about marriage tell me what the Lord intended with sex in a marriage.

While there may not be a specific scripture that deals with this subject, the following scripture justifies what I have stated in my marriage:

NIV

1Th 4:3 It is God's will that you should be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality;

1Th 4:4 that each of you should learn to control his own body [fn] in a way that is holy and honorable,

1Th 4:5 not in passionate lust like the heathen, who do not know God;

Love in Christ,
    Marty

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

CT…………Good post brother, many need to read it and think about it. Keep up the good work brother.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Nov. 13 2009,12:09)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Nov. 13 2009,11:02)

Hi Beloved:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi BD:

My conscience tells me that it is sexual perversion.  All of this I was doing before I was saved, and the scriptures about marriage tell me what the Lord intended with sex in a marriage.

While there may not be a specific scripture that deals with this subject, the following scripture justifies what I have stated in my marriage:

NIV

1Th 4:3 It is God's will that you should be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality;  

1Th 4:4 that each of you should learn to control his own body [fn] in a way that is holy and honorable,  

1Th 4:5 not in passionate lust like the heathen, who do not know God;  

Love in Christ,
    Marty

You misunderstand the scriptures just like the priests who forbid themselves marriage onlty to be overwhelmed with lust that in some cases has caused great sin:

(1) Then, in their wake, We followed them up with (others of) Our apostles: We sent after them Jesus the son of Mary, and bestowed on him the Gospel; and We ordained in the hearts of those who followed him Compassion and Mercy. But the monasticism which they invented for themselves, We did not prescribe for them: (We commanded) only the seeking for the Good Pleasure of Allah. but that they did not foster as they should have done. Yet We bestowed, on those among them who believed, their (due) reward, but many of them are rebellious transgressors.
    ( سورة الحديد , Al-Hadid, Chapter #57, Verse #27)

God had already listed in the Holy Bible what was considered an abomination or illicit sex acts yet you add your own through your own whim. Why make unlawful what God did not make unlawful.

The heathens especially in Rome were taken to Homosexuality, Incest, Orgies and many illicit acts that the Holy Bible forbids but Oral sex is not one of them and neither is masturbation which may be neccesary during the menstrual cycle of someones wife to keep their urges under control if you do not see it in scripture adding it makes it a tradition or commandment of men and not God.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

TO all………..Jesus said if a man puts away his wife (HE) (causes) Her to commit adultery,except for fornication, Why is that , in what way does (HE) cause her to commit adultery, this is how, because If he put her away or divorces her, she can not keep her Marriage covenant with him and so she becomes a adulteress, not because of her doing but the doing of her husband. Adultery is breaking covenant. And when it says He who marries Her commits adultery with Her, this is because when you marry a women you become one with her in covenant, and if she is an adulteress he being one with her is also. IMO

peace and love to you all………………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Interesting how some folk enjoy writing new laws for others.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 69 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account