What does Hebrews 11:3 teach us?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 79 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

How can anyone continue to claim that Jesus (as taught by religion)
    is “the word” – in light of what Hebrews 11:3 is clearly saying?

Darby Bible Translation
    By faith we apprehend that the worlds were framed by [the] word of God,
    so that that which is seen should not take its origin from things which appear.

Weymouth New Testament
    Through faith we understand that the worlds came into being, and still exist, at the command of God,
    so that what is seen does not owe its existence to that which is visible.

Ed J
    Participant

Funny how most religious will ignore this verse:wew

Will they also ignore what Hebrews 11:3 says as well?XSxs

Ed J
    Participant

Funny how most religious ignore this verse:

“I the LORD that maketh all things;
    that stretcheth forth the heavens alone;
    that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself
    ;

25 That frustrateth the tokens of the liars, and
    maketh diviners mad; that turneth wise men backward,
    and maketh their knowledge foolish” (Isaiah 44:24-25)

Now they will they also ignore what Hebrews 11:3 says as well

Ed J
    Participant

Darby Bible Translation
    By faith we apprehend that the worlds were framed by [the] word of God,
    so that that which is seen should not take its origin from things which appear.

Weymouth New Testament
    Through faith we understand that the worlds came into being, and still exist, at the command of God,
    so that what is seen does not owe its existence to that which is visible.

Does Everyone now agree…

That because Jesus appeared in the flesh,
    Jesus therefore cannot be “The Word”!

Pretty Simple

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Edj…..Good you have it right, is that not what JODI AND I , WHO HAVE QUOTES THOSE VERSES over and over have said all along. It is God who created everything that exists by the word of “his”  power. He alone is God and there is “NO” OTHER. 

Peach and love to you and yours. ……….gene

Jodi
    Participant

Good Morning Ed J,

Most excellent scripture you have brought forth and adding it with Isaiah 44, thank you!

I’d like to add,

Isaiah 42:5 Thus saith God the LORD, he that created the heavens, and stretched them out; he that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out of it; he that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein: 6 I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;

The one called to righteousness by the LORD is not the LORD, neither did he stretch out the heavens or spread forth the earth. He is one who has received the breath of life from the LORD and a spirit to walk therein.

Mark 2:8 And immediately when Jesus perceived in his spirit that they so reasoned within themselves, he said unto them,Why reason ye these things in your hearts?

Jesus speaks of God making the people male and female.

Mark 10:5 And Jesus answered and said unto them, For the hardness of your heart he wrote you this precept. 6 But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female. 7 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife; 8 And they twain shall be one flesh: so then they are no more twain, but one flesh. 9 What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder. 

Jesus did not create all things, but all things were created by reason of him and for him as I will show in my next post.

Berean
    Participant

Hi EDJ

You

Funny how most religious ignore this verse:

“I the LORD that maketh all things;
    that stretcheth forth the heavens alone;
    that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;

25 That frustrateth the tokens of the liars, and
    maketh diviners mad; that turneth wise men backward,
    and maketh their knowledge foolish” (Isaiah 44:24-25)

Now they will they also ignore what Hebrews 11:3 says as well

Me

This text does not mean what you believe;

YES all the glory goes to the Father who created all things even if other texts tell us that it is through Jesus(Heb.1:2) (whose name is “THE WORD:Rev.19:13))

This text for example in HEBREWS 1 :10,11  The verse 10 show us that the Son is God

But unto the Son he(God) saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a scepter of righteousness is the scepter of thy kingdom.
    [9] Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.
    [10] And, Thou, Lord(Jesus), in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:
    [11] They shall perish; but thou remainest; and they all shall wax old as doth a garment;

Correct me if i am wrong

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Berean,

verse 10 IS NOT SPEAKING OF JESUS, but of God.

[9] Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.
    [10] And, Thou, Lord(God), in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:

Psalm 8:4 What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him? 5 For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honor. 6 Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet: 

The man crowned with glory and honor receives the work of Yah’s hands to have dominion over it.

Hebrews 1 is a quote from Psalm 102

19 For he hath looked down from the height of his sanctuary; from heaven did the LORD behold the earth; 20 To hear the groaning of the prisoner; to loose those that are appointed to death; 21 To declare the name of the LORD in Zion, and his praise in Jerusalem; 22 When the people are gathered together, and the kingdoms, to serve the LORD. 23 He weakened my strength in the way; he shortened my days. 24 I said, O my God, take me not away in the midst of my days: thy years are throughout all generations. 25 Of old hast thou laid the foundation of the earth: and the heavens are the work of thy hands. 26 They shall perish, but thou shalt endure: yea, all of them shall wax old like a garment; as a vesture shalt thou change them, and they shall be changed: 27 But thou art the same, and thy years shall have no end. 28 The children of thy servants shall continue, and their seed shall be established before thee.

Berean, Jesus was sent in the name of the LORD to declare the LORD and His will, His plans that He had established before the world began.  Jesus is the man anointed by the LORD who is sent out to set the prisoners free.

Isaiah 53:9 And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth. 10 Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand. 11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities. 12 Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

Jesus is NOT the LORD whose hands created the heavens, he is the man who poured his soul unto death being a servant unto the LORD to fulfill the LORD’S purpose that was declared from the beginning. He is raised up GIVEN a portion with the great, and he will divide the spoil with the strong.

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Berean,

Isaiah 42 tells you directly that Jesus was not the Creator. 

Likewise you are told this in 45,

11 Thus saith the LORD, the Holy One of Israel, and his Maker, Ask me of things to come concerning my sons, and concerning the work of my hands command ye me. 12 I have made the earth, and created man upon it: I, even my hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded. 13 I have raised him up in righteousness, and I will direct all his ways: he shall build my city, and he shall let go my captives, not for price nor reward, saith the LORD of hosts.

EXPLAIN Berean. 

Also this passage,

Isaiah 44:24 Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens ALONE; that spreadeth abroad the earth BY MYSELF; 25 That frustrateth the tokens of the liars, and maketh diviners mad; that turneth wise men backward, and maketh their knowledge foolish; 26 That confirmeth the word of his servant, and performeth the counsel of his messengers; that saith to Jerusalem,

Jesus is a servant a messenger to the LORD where it is that LORD who created all things BY HIMSELF, ALONE. 

PLEASE DO EXPLAIN Berean.

Ed J
    Participant

He is one who has received the breath of life from the LORD and a spirit to walk therein.

Hi Jodi,

The Bread of life (Christ) entered reality at the house of bread (Bethlehem), not at the river Jordan.
    Jordan is when “The Word” became flesh (John 1:14) and dwelt among us (Immanuel – God with us).

“To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world
    unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and
    hath committed unto us “The Word” of reconciliation.” (2 Cor 5:19)

“The Word”, which is God’s Holy Spirit, reconciles us back to God.

Ed J
    Participant

Correct me if i am wrong

Hi Berean, ok I shall than…

“Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists?
    who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth?
    what is his name, and what is his son’s name, if thou canst tell?

5 Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.
    6 Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.” (Prov 30:4-6)

what is his name: YeHoVaH
    what is his son’s name: YA-shu-a

“Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven
    and in earth. 19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them
    in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the HolySpirit” (Matt 28:18-19)

the name of the Father: YeHoVaH
    the name of the Son: YA-shu-a
    the name of the HolySpirit: “The Word”

“his name is called “The Word” of God.” (Revelation 19:13)

Ed J
    Participant

The HolySpirit is “The Word” (Rev.19:1-13)

“his name is called “The Word” of God.” (Revelation 19:13)
    “And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword” (Revelation 19:15)
    “the sword of the Spirit, which is “The Word” of God” (Eph 6:17)

Berean
    Participant

Edj

Revelation 19 is about the advent of Jesus

And HE(JESUS) was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

Jesus is called “THE WORD OF GOD”

That is the truth.

carmel
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

YOU:Isaiah 42 tells you directly that Jesus was not the Creator.

ME: SCRIPTURES WITH SCRIPTURES:

John1:1In the beginning was the Word: and the Word was with God: and the Word was God.

3 All things were made by him: and without him was made nothing that was made.

4 In him was life: and the life was the light of men.

John4:14 But the water that I will give him shall become in him a fountain of water, springing up into life everlasting.

John9:5 As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.

Isaiah 42:5 Thus saith the Lord God that created the heavens, (ALL MADE BY “THE WORD” JESUS, THE SON OF MAN TO BE, )

and stretched them out: that established the earth, and the things that spring out of it: (BUT A SPRING ROSE OUT OF THE EARTH, WATERING ALL THE SURFACE OF THE EARTH.BUT THE WATER THAT I GIVE SHALL BECOME IN HIM A FOUNTAIN, SPRINGING UP INTO LIFE EVERLASTING) that giveth breath to the people upon it, and spirit (“THE WORD” JESUS TO BE) to them that tread thereon. (IN HIM WAS LIFE: AND THE LIFE WAS THE LIGHT OF MAN)

6I the Lord have called thee (JESUS) in justice, (AND TRUTH) and

taken thee by the hand,(FROM THE BEGINNING AS “THE WORD“: AND “THE WORD” WAS WITH GOD, AND “THE WORD” WAS GOD) and preserved thee. (FROM THE BEGINNING)

And I have given thee  (FROM THE BEGINNING) for a covenant of the people,

for a light of the gentiles  ( I AM THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD)

Peace and love in Jesus Christ

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Berean,

What code are you using to get the color and size in your posts?

Ed J
    Participant

Edj

Revelation 19 is about the advent of Jesus
    And HE(JESUS) was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

Hi Berean, religion got it wrong.

Compare Rev. 19:11-15 to Isaiah 63:3-6

“But they rebelled, and vexed his holy Spirit:
    therefore he was turned to be their enemy,
    and he fought against them.” (Isaiah 63:10)

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Berean, ok I shall than…

“Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists?
    who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth?
    what is his name, and what is his son’s name, if thou canst tell?

5 Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.
    6 Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.” (Prov 30:4-6)

what is his name: YeHoVaH
    what is his son’s name: YA-shu-a

“Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven
    and in earth. 19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them
    in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the HolySpirit” (Matt 28:18-19)

the name of the Father: YeHoVaH
    the name of the Son: YA-shu-a
    the name of the HolySpirit: ??? (<– what?)

Ok you tell me then. What is the name of the Holy Spirit?

Please don’t dodge

Ed J
    Participant

Berean,

You ignore what I post instead of engaging it.
    And you regurgitate old religious ideas.
    Please respond to what I post; ok?

First respond to Hebrews 11:3
    Then respond to Isaiah 44:24-25
    And then respond to Matthew 28:19

Do you not want dialog? This is not a blog.
    So please respond to valid points presented to you.

Ed J
    Participant

Berean,

I’ll address your points and you address mine; deal?

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Ed J,

You:

Hi Jodi,

The Bread of life (Christ) entered reality at the house of bread (Bethlehem), not at the river Jordan.
    Jordan is when “The Word” became flesh (John 1:14) and dwelt among us (Immanuel – God with us).

“The Word”, which is God’s Holy Spirit, reconciles us back to God.

ME: “Jordan is when “The Word” became flesh (John 1:14) and dwelt among us (Immanuel – God with us).”

AMEN!!

I am confused though from what you said about how ” The Bread of life (Christ) entered reality at the house of bread (Bethlehem), not at the river Jordan.”

You then gave this scripture,

I will give this scripture,

Acts 10:36 The word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ:* (he is Lord of all:) 37 That word, I say, ye know, which was published throughout all Judaea, and began from Galilee, after the baptism which John preached; 38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

You ended by saying ““The Word”, which is God’s Holy Spirit, reconciles us back to God.”

YES, Amen also to this too!..though I am unsure if we see what you said in the same light.

The Holy Spirit brought righteousness and life to Jesus, where by the Spirit he was able to condemn sin in the flesh and not be worthy of the penalty of death, but be worthy of eternal life. His death brought us forgiveness and then access to the Spirit of God where thus we have righteousness and life. The Word of this given through the Holy Spirit to Jesus and to others gives us the truth so we may have faith, and faith is considered our righteousness where by such faith we are promised the Spirit upon Jesus’s return.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 79 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account