Virgin birth

Viewing 20 posts - 321 through 340 (of 934 total)
  • Author
    kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ May 29 2009,12:29)
    Marty,

I'm so sorry for the loss of your brother.  I also just buried my brother this month.
    I hope the Lord will give you comfort.

Much love,
    Mandy

I extend my condolences to you as well.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ May 29 2009,22:00)

Quote (kerwin @ May 29 2009,18:17)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 29 2009,04:12)
    Hi TT,
    Jesus overcame.
    What did he overcome?
    Was he different and had a head start?
    Can we follow then a man with such advantages?

That is a good point!

Not a good point! The question shows lack of insight. Jesus was born holy. Hebtrews 7 says that it was fitting for us that our high priest not have weakness.

thinker

Overall I will leave it to Nick to defend what he has written if he so chooses but my curiosity prompts me to ask one question.  The question being “what do you believe “overcome the world” means?

John 16:33(KJV) reads:

These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

1 John 5:4(KJV) reads:

For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

Participant

Hi All:

James states the following:

Jam 1:13 When tempted, no one should say, “God is tempting me.” For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone;

Jam 1:14 but each one is tempted when, by his own evil desire, he is dragged away and enticed.

Jam 1:15 THEN, AFTER DESIRE HAS CONCEIVED, IT GIVES BIRTH TO SIN; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death.

He states that the evil desire is conceived, and therefore, we were not born sinners, we became sinners when we yielded to temptation.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ May 30 2009,10:09)
    Hi All:

Jam 1:13 When tempted, no one should say, “God is tempting me.” For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone;  

Jam 1:14 but each one is tempted when, by his own evil desire, he is dragged away and enticed.  

Jam 1:15 THEN, AFTER DESIRE HAS CONCEIVED, IT GIVES BIRTH TO SIN; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death.

He states that the evil desire is conceived, and therefore, we were not born sinners, we became sinners when we yielded to temptation.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty,
    James states the matter simply while Paul gives an expanded treatise on the problem of sin. Paul discusses the problem of sin throughout chapters 6-7 of Romans. You should not ignore Paul's treatise in favor of a single statement made by James. Paul is the FINAL word on all matters.

thinker

KangarooJack
    Participant

To All,
    Why is it that anti-trinitarians do not run to defend the purity of Christ's person? Not one unitarian here cares that his Christology and his hamartiology compromises the simple truth that Christ was a lamb WITHOUT BLEMISH AND WITHOUT SPOT. I have pointed out several times that Christ is a lamb without blemish and without spot and I did not get so much as one post saying “Good point thinker”.

I'll tell you why. It is because unitarians want a savior that is in their own image. But God deemed it fitting that our high priest be without weakness,

For such a high priest was fitting for us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners….For the law appoints as high priests men who have weakness, but the word of oath, which came after the law, appoints the Son who has been perfected forever (Heb. 7:26, 28)

God said that it was “fitting” that our high priest be holy, harmless, undefiled and separate from us. But the unitarian says “No” to this. He says that it was fitting that our high priest be like us in every way. He says, “Jesus had to have sinful desires like us or we do not want Him”.

God also said that Christ was appointed high priest by oath. This means that Christ had no weakness. But the unitarian cries “foul” and says, “If Jesus didn't have weakness then he had an advantage over us”.

This kind of reasoning is so pathetic! Christ's “advantage” was not over us but was for our benefit. It is a good thing for Kerwin, Nick, and Marty that ALL blasphemies against the Son are forgiveable (Matthew 12:32).

thinker

Bump!

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 28 2009,17:12)
    Hi TT,
    Jesus overcame.
    What did he overcome?
    Was he different and had a head start?
    Can we follow then a man with such advantages?

Hi NH

Do you or any one have the Spirit “without measure”?  ???

If not why do you say he didnt have an advantage over us?

As usual you want to claim that Jesus was a mere man like us in every way.

Yet scriptures tell us something else. He is the Monogenes, Only Unique Son of God. That gives him an advantage over us.

He who knew no sin was the Word that was with God and was\is God.

WJ

Participant

Quote (thethinker @ May 30 2009,10:48)

Quote (942767 @ May 30 2009,10:09)
    Hi All:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty,
    James states the matter simply while Paul gives an expanded treatise on the problem of sin. Paul discusses the problem of sin throughout chapters 6-7 of Romans. You should not ignore Paul's treatise in favor of a single statement made by James. Paul is the FINAL word on all matters.

thinker

Hi thethinker:

The scriptures are inspired by God, and therefore, what James states should agree with what Paul states, and I believe that they do agree. Paul essentially states that he knows the Law, the commandments of God, but he has yielded to temptation to violate them, and having violated God's commandments, it is now sin which dwells within.

Therefore, in order for sin to be a part of his nature, he had to yield to temptation. He was weak in the flesh, just as all of us, except Jesus, have been.

Isa 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

KangarooJack
    Participant

942767 said:

Therefore, in order for sin to be a part of his nature, he had to yield to temptation.  He was weak in the flesh, just as all of us, except Jesus, have been.

Marty,
    Your reasoning is circular. The Scripture says that the law appointed men that had weakness. But Jesus was appointed high priest by an oath. Therefore, He was without weakness. The idea that Jesus was born unclean (Nick) and that He had evil desires (Kerwin) is blasphemous. And it's a good thing that all blasphemy against the Son may be forgiven (Matt. 12:32).

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    Should Job25 be removed from our bibles to satisfy your thoughts on righteousness??

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Thinker……..Ask yourself what is a High Priest? Isn't he a person who (represent) GOD , but He himself is not a GOD, Just the (Representative) of HIM. No more than Aron the High Priest was a GOD. That along should help explain to you that Jesus is not a GOD HIMSELF> How many simple scriptures so clearly written do you Trinitarians have to totally ignore in order to push the False Doctrine of the Trinity and Preexsistences ? “Hear O Israel the LORD our GOD is (ONE) LORD, and again”. “For thou (someone other then the person talking) art the (ONLY) (no one else) True GOD.”, and again Says the LORD, “thou shall have (NO) other GOD besides ME”. do you see (us) in there. Thinker go and reread what Paladin wrote and try to think about what he wrote Brother.

peace and love to you and yours………………….gene

Tim Kraft
    Participant

To All: I think the most important thing we brothers and sisters could possibly study to agreement is the term sin! What is a sin? Is there only one sin? Are there multiple sin's? Are sins commited? Do we do sin or think sin? Is sin an act or an improper thought. If sin is something we do then there should be a list somewhere. There actually was a list of do's and don'ts, it was called the Law. Apart from the Law, sin is dead!! We should know that the Law was up to Christ (Luke 16:16) since then Jesus preached the Gospel/good news of the Kingdom of God within each person. Each person is a Law unto theirself. If we can only come to God by believing, then how could we fall away from God by works or doing something wrong when there is no Law telling us we are wrong. We have Laws here on this planet, man made Laws. These are not Gods Law. God gave the Earth to mankind. If God were in control there would be only the fruits of the Spirit of God, peace, love,joy,longsuffering etc.! Mankind has made the mess were in. I believe sin is incorrect thinking. After Adam chose evil with good all the byproducts of evil began to express through man into this world, unto death. God/Good was all there was in the beginning. So the belief in evil was an allusion of mankind. The Truth is Good/God. Non-Truth or the illusions of mankind created evil. Adam and Eve fell into fear, stress, & anxiety after their choice along with many other fruits of evil. The felt they were separated from God. They were not separated from God yet they believed they were.Sin was not mentioned in the Garden of Eden.Sin still did not exist in the Garden. Whatsoever a man believeth in his heart, so he is. In their effort to get back into union and peace with God (even thought they were never apart) they created many beliefs. This is the beginning of religion, mans ideas to please and pacify God.They came from man not God! There was no Law at that time, there could be no sin. Adam believed in good and bad and so declared to his sons, if thou doest good wilt thou not be accepted, yet if thou doest evil, sin is at the door. There was no evil only, Adams allusions. Therefore there was no sin. So I believe sin is an allusion of something done againt God that could separate man from God. You cannot be separated from a God that is everywhere. If he is not eveywhere then where is he not? Please don't scold me for my beliefs. I have not recieved this information from anyone else and certainly no church.I have not been to a so called church for many years. After I found out that we as individuals are the Church which is his body. Im trying to test this knowledge with brothers and sisters full of Gods Truth. There's much more. Blessings to all with Love, TK

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ May 31 2009,15:53)
    Thinker……..Ask yourself  what is a High Priest? Isn't he a person who (represent) GOD , but He himself is not a GOD, Just the (Representative) of HIM. No more than Aron the High Priest was a GOD.  That along should help explain to you that Jesus is not a GOD HIMSELF> How many simple scriptures so clearly written do you Trinitarians have to totally ignore in order to push the False Doctrine of the Trinity and Preexsistences ?  “Hear O Israel the LORD our GOD is (ONE) LORD, and again”. “For thou (someone other then the person talking) art the (ONLY) (no one else) True GOD.”, and again Says the LORD, “thou shall have (NO) other GOD besides ME”. do you see (us) in there. Thinker go and reread what Paladin wrote and try to think about what he wrote Brother.

G,
    A priest serves and relates to God.
    Priests do not represent God.

KangarooJack
    Participant

Thinker……..Ask yourself  what is a High Priest? Isn't he a person who (represent) GOD , but He himself is not a GOD, Just the (Representative) of HIM. No more than Aron the High Priest was a GOD.  That along should help explain to you that Jesus is not a GOD HIMSELF> How many simple scriptures so clearly written do you Trinitarians have to totally ignore in order to push the False Doctrine of the Trinity and Preexsistences ?  “Hear O Israel the LORD our GOD is (ONE) LORD, and again”. “For thou (someone other then the person talking) art the (ONLY) (no one else) True GOD.”, and again Says the LORD, “thou shall have (NO) other GOD besides ME”. do you see (us) in there. Thinker go and reread what Paladin wrote and try to think about what he wrote Brother.

Gene,
    A high priest was also the person who offered up the sacrifice. You once said that the person who offered up the sacrifice was God. Since Christ our High Priest offered up Himself as the sacrifice, then by your own rule He is God.

You keep digging a deep hole for yourself.

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    God offers no sacrifices for sin.
    He cannot sin so why would He?
    To who would God offer sacrifice?

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 01 2009,06:57)
    Hi TT,
    God offers no sacrifices for sin.
    He cannot sin so why would He?
    To who would God offer sacrifice?

Nick,
    You should be saying this to Gene.

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    Jesus is the eternal High Priest unto God.
    He is not also that God.

He is our mediator with God.
    He does not mediate with himself.

Trinity is an offensive human addition to the written truth

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………to me priests represents GOD to the People is that not what a priest does?, Thy go to him to get understanding from GOD, Jesus is Not the GOD, but He certainly is the MEDIATOR, between GOD and MAN. No biggie one way or the other IMO

peace and love to you and yours…………………gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ June 01 2009,06:39)

Gene,
    A high priest was also the person who offered up the sacrifice. You once said that the person who offered up the sacrifice was God. Since Christ our High Priest offered up Himself as the sacrifice, then by your own rule He is God.

You keep digging a deep hole for yourself.

thinker

Thinker ……….The Sacrifice i am meaning is Jesus acting as a High Priest like Aron . but instead of Him offering up a lamb to GOD as Aron did He offered Up Himself , TO GOD. as the sacrifice, For our sins. This in no way imply Jesus was(the GOD) that offered up Himself as a GOD HIMSELF. Don't know where you are getting that from what i said. IMO

Peace and love to you and yours brother…………………..gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Thinker ………My point is the HIGH PRIEST is not a GOD. BUT a representative of HIM, like an IMAGE would be. IMO

love and peace to you………………gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 01 2009,08:55)
    Hi TT,
    Jesus is the eternal High Priest unto God.
    He is not also that God.

He is our mediator with God.
    He does not mediate with himself.

Trinity is an offensive human addition to the written truth

Nick………Amen to that.

peace and love to you and yours…………….gene

Viewing 20 posts - 321 through 340 (of 934 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account