Universal Salvation

Viewing 20 posts - 1,181 through 1,200 (of 1,702 total)
  • Author
    Tiffany
    Participant

To whom it may concern.

Where in the Bible does it say, that if you are not saved now, you will end up in a fire hell or the lake of fire?

Georg

dirtyknections
    Participant

Quote (Tiffany @ Dec. 19 2008,07:19)
    To whom it may concern.

Where in the Bible does it say, that if you are not saved now, you will end up in a fire hell or the lake of fire?

Georg

it doesn't

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Georg,
    It says that nowhere.
    It also does not say God will save all men
    But the mission of Jesus was not pointless but that men are rescued.
    Faith in the one God sent is the watershed that divides, but there still remains the sovereign mercy of God.

Tiffany
    Participant

Nick

Neither did I say all men will be saved; I said Christ died for all men. Any one can refuse the sacrifice of Christ, he forces it on no one.
    The point of Christs mission was, that all men have the opportunity to be saved.

Georg

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Georg,
    Indeed he did.
    What a tragedy all men do not listen to him.

Jn3
    14And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

15That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

16For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

18He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

But underneath are the everlasting arms of a loving God who knows all will not hear the gospel and promises that some will be rescued in the second resurrection according to their works of mercy towards His sons[Mt25].

Jodi
    Participant

Not all people will be SAVED from going into the Lake of fire, some will have to be cast there as a disciplinary measure to be refined.

So yes not all people will be Saved from entering the fire.

Mt 18:9 And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you. It is better for you to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes, to be cast into hell fire.

Is it God's plan just to raise certain people from the dead to torture them and commit them back into death??

There is sufficient warning of the fire because it will be a very unpleasant, but necessary means, for God to fulfill his word, of not allowing any person to perish.

There is an easy way and there is a hard way into the eternal gates, but in due time all people will make it through.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    So there is a purgatory?
    I thought this was a doctrine of the whore?

Mt10
    28`And be not afraid of those killing the body, and are not able to kill the soul, but fear rather Him who is able both soul and body to destroy in gehenna.

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Nick,

Why do you think God would raise people from the dead just to kill them?

Jodi
    Participant

Yes Nick, of course God is ABLE to kill both soul and body, but He is NOT Willing to do that, because He desires All to be saved.

If we can't count on All of God's desires to come forth then how can we trust Him. Is He the Almighty or not??

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    Should we go there?
    Judgement is promised according to actions on earth.
    better to pass over now from death to life and avoid that judgement.

Tiffany
    Participant

Jodi

Act 3:23 And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.

This will happen during the millennium, if you will not obey, you will be destroyed in the lake of fire, not preserved.

Georg

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Georg,
    Where is Jesus shown teaching the heathen unto judgement in the millenium?
    Indeed all who refuse the words of the Son find their reward.

Jodi
    Participant

And Who here wants to say that God cannot draw a man into hearing Christ??

Is man's power of darkness stronger then God's light? Who hear wants to say that God cannot shine His light on all men, that it is just NOT GOOD ENOUGH, or STRONG ENOUGH, or SMART ENOUGH, to work for some?

You all want to claim yourselves as it being YOURSELF that accepts the prophet, well gee, that's great. Your all VEIN, and you desecrate God in your vanity, thinking it is YOU and not Him that saves. You deny His word, His power, His intelligence all for the sake of yourself and your own glory.

I am disgusted.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    Will all hear the gospel?
    Will all respond?

2 Corinthians 4:4
    In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

meerkat
    Participant

Jodi,

Nick and Georg believe the scriptures that say a remnant will be saved ……. and to them that is only a remnant of all people will be saved, that is 20% people saved 80% damned to everlasting death or everlasting torment

Whereas I believe what is being meant is that a remnant of each person will be saved, that is body, soul which is us the carnal us, is to be destroyed, however spirit is to be saved by fire (not literal fire) related to baptism with spirit and fire and it is being done in ages not just in an individuals lifetime.

If you are interested meet me at the remnant saved thread.

meerkat
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 19 2008,07:31)
    Hi Georg,
    It says that nowhere.
    It also does not say God will save all men
    But the mission of Jesus was not pointless but that men are rescued.
    Faith in the one God sent is the watershed that divides, but there still remains the sovereign mercy of God.

Ahem ….

1Ti 4:10 For to this end we toil and strive, because we have our hope set on the living God, who is the Savior of all people, especially of those who believe.

Jodi
    Participant

Quote (meerkat @ Dec. 18 2008,13:54)
    Jodi,

Nick and Georg believe the scriptures that say a remnant will be saved ……. and to them that is only a remnant of all people will be saved, that is 20% people saved 80% damned to everlasting death or everlasting torment

Whereas I believe what is being meant is that a remnant of each person will be saved, that is body, soul which is us the carnal us, is to be destroyed, however spirit is to be saved by fire (not literal fire) related to baptism with spirit and fire and it is being done in ages not just in an individuals lifetime.

Thanks Meerkat,

This is very good stuff, and I am on my way to that thread now.

meerkat
    Participant

Quote (Jodi @ Dec. 19 2008,09:02)

Quote (meerkat @ Dec. 18 2008,13:54)
    Jodi,

Thanks Meerkat,

This is very good stuff, and I am on my way to that thread now.

The only thing is its an idea percolating ……. need scripture and discussion to see where it leads ……….

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (meerkat @ Dec. 19 2008,08:54)
    Jodi,

Nick and Georg believe the scriptures that say a remnant will be saved  ……. and to them that is only a remnant of all people will be saved, that is 20% people saved 80% damned to everlasting death or everlasting torment

Whereas I believe what is being meant is that a remnant of each person will be saved, that is body, soul which is us the carnal us, is to be destroyed, however spirit is to be saved by fire (not literal fire)  related to baptism with spirit and fire and it is being done in ages not just in an individuals lifetime.  

Hi Georg,
    Few will choose the path of Jesus into the Millennial kingdom.

But who can dare to restrict the mercy of God to have him condemn 80% of mankind in the judgement after the second resurrection?

God is love.

meerkat
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 19 2008,09:09)

Quote (meerkat @ Dec. 19 2008,08:54)
    Jodi,

Hi Georg,
    Few will choose the path of Jesus into the Millennial kingdom.

But who can dare to restrict the mercy of God to have him condemn 80% of mankind in the judgement after the second resurrection?

God is love.

ok Nick,

I have your positions wrong ………. sorry

maybe ??% 20% elect first resurrection, some saved second resurrection ??%, and the rest ??% destroyed or tormented

Viewing 20 posts - 1,181 through 1,200 (of 1,702 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account