Universal Salvation

Viewing 20 posts - 1,121 through 1,140 (of 1,702 total)
  • Author
    meerkat
    Participant

Nick,

I don't know how many baptisms in Acts. How many?

What of the different versions of Pauls conversion? Do they make the WHOLE book of Acts hogwash or do we test ALL things and hold fast to what is good?

You seem to think it is all or nothing – that if something has been added/changed/deleted in the scriptures that we can not trust any of the scriptures. We are told that the Holy Spirit will lead into all truth.
    On another thread to me you said that the Holy Spirit will show what has been added/changed but now you seem to think that we are not to look at Acts in relation to what was said about baptism by John (his was water – Jesus was spirit) and Jesus regarding the baptism he was going to be baptised with (his death) and to just treat the book of Acts as a textbook with rituals to be followed.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MK,
    17 I think.
    Do you have doubts about Acts or scripture in general?

Acts 19
    1And it came to pass, that, while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper coasts came to Ephesus: and finding certain disciples,

2He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.

3And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.

4Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.

5When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

6And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.

Acts 16
    28But Paul cried with a loud voice, saying, Do thyself no harm: for we are all here.

29Then he called for a light, and sprang in, and came trembling, and fell down before Paul and Silas,

30And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?

31And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

32And they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house.

33And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, straightway.

34And when he had brought them into his house, he set meat before them, and rejoiced, believing in God with all his house.

Paul repeats his experience form several points of view highlighting different detail for the sake of God's whole Word

meerkat
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 12 2008,12:36)
    Hi MK,

Do you have doubts about Acts or scripture in general?

Nick,

the scriptures have been through the hands of the Roman Catholic, nicea creed – lets make creeds and dogma like the Jews did. Lets tweak scripture to suggest a trinity, lets tweak to support our doctrine – satan works by not being blatant but by being sneaky, plant the seed and watch it grow.  For all that they appear to be relatively clean.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi mk,
    Scripture is beauty.
    It is the closest many will get to touching the heart of God on earth.

Ps12
    6The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.

7Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.

Despite men they are healing for us.

Why should anyone pay any attention to the old recorded memories of his disciples?
    That is the most amazing mystery -how God looks after His word.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Meerkat……….Paul also said theres one baptism, John said that He (indeed) baptized with WATER, but He who comes after me shall Baptize with (FIRE AND SPIRIT). John knew full well water baptism could not change a mans Heart no matter how many times they were water baptized, When Jesus came to John to be Baptized John said (I) have need to be Baptized BY YOU. What John was talking about was the Baptism of the HOLY SPIRIT AND FIRE, Something that water could never produce in a persons life. WE should desire the baptism of Christ more then the baptism of water. Water baptism does not give you the HOLY SPIRIT but the baptism Christ as John Knew, does. Scripture shows even when some were water Baptized they still didn't recieve the Spirit Baptism until the disciples came and prayed over them and laid Hands on them. Nick doesn't understand the difference between the two.

Love and peace to you and yours……………gene

meerkat
    Participant

Gene,

Yes, I know ……… I realise that you have been over this, and I realise Nick doesn't understand ……..however,  when I was starting searching for truth sometimes I needed to see it, read it, be told it, a lot of times before I started to “see” things with spiritual eyes, sometimes other truths needed to come out first before I could take in the next one.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi mk,
    Just answer please whether Acts was a history of folly or the work of God among men. Thanks.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

meerkat ……….the problem we have here is some who don't really understand some scriptures take thing completely out of context some times and there by misjudge what is said or intended. AS nick does on (water Baptism) imo, we all do this at times, i know i have at times.

peace and love to you and yours……………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Scripture should be taken as read unless it tells us otherwise.
    You are happy with what you think is a demythologised version but you lost truth in so treating it

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……to tell you the truth i don't even know what (demythologised) even means and i don;t see myself as losing any truth at all. I see myself not agreeing with you though on this subject , but demythologised ? :( :;):

love to you Nick…………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    So you cannot stand up for the Word of God[ACTS]?

meerkat
    Participant

Nick,

It is not either of those things – it is not folly and it is not directly scribed by God with his finger.

Prov 25:2 [It is] the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings [is] to search out a matter.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi mK,
    So somehow the truth of God is hidden in Acts?
    No it is the works of God among men for our education.
    You should be prepared to defend scripture against attacks such as these.

meerkat
    Participant

Nick

I am seeking the truth, how did you come across the belief that the trinity was not correct? Did you originally believe that the trinity was taught in the scriptures?

Were you told that you were going against the scripture and told that you needed to defend the truth in scripture of the trinity?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MK,
    So what is not true in Acts?

meerkat
    Participant

Sorry Nick,

Don't want to continue a baptism debate.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 12 2008,15:35)
    GB,
    So you cannot stand up for the Word of God[ACTS]?

Nick………And you cannot stand up for what John said to Jesus and what Paul said about one Baptism, If you think the baptism of (WATER) saves you, thats fine with me, I believe it's the baptism of Spirit and Fire, From Jesus which saves a person and, which i know scripture supports, There literately billions who have been baptized by (WATER) who have not the spirit at all, but none who have been baptized with the baptism of Christ who fail, Water only get you wet, The Baptism of (FIRE AND SPIRIT) get you saved. but thanks for your condescending commit anyway brother.

love and peace to you and yours Nick………………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    So Acts is true.
    Then you must align these other verses.

Participant

Quote (gollamudi @ Dec. 08 2008,16:55)

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Dec. 08 2008,04:52)
    Nick …..again you just ignore posted scripture and go on committing as if they don't even exist and by the way Romans was written after Jesus made that statement. True repentance itself is a work of GOD (Not a Self ACT) of Man, “for we are sorrowed unto righteousness” and again (GODLY) Sorrow (WORKS) REPENTANCE (NOT) to be REPENTED OF> this plainly shows repentance is given of GOD. You infuses on Repentance by HUMAN WILL OR CHOICE is (NOT) Scriptural. GOD GIVES REPENTANCE, and those He HARDENS will NOT REPENT no matter how hard they try  or How much fear you pump into them , EX 19:20….> even the fear of God could not make them repent. True Repentance can only be accomplished in a person BY GOD the FATHER ALONE> The person has nothing to do with it , it is a work of GOD, that saves us, not a work of fear as you teach. Why do you continue to push God out of the Salvation process, Jesus sure didn't do that.

Listen closer to (ALL) the words of Jesus and you could understand this.

peace………..gene

Amen to that post my brother Gene.

Hi Gene and Adam:

And so, if God hardens someone, will they be saved?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

942767………..What GOD hardens He can also soften, ” for the Lord will take out of you the (STONY) or Hard Heart and give you a Heart of FLESH ( soft heart) and will write His laws in you inward Parts. May GOD speed the DAY brother.

love to you and yours. …………….gene

Viewing 20 posts - 1,121 through 1,140 (of 1,702 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account