Universal Salvation

Viewing 20 posts - 501 through 520 (of 1,702 total)
  • Author
    gollamudi
    Participant

Yes Shania,
    I do agree with all those verses you just quoted above. We abide in Jesus by the love of God and under the guidence of the Holy Spirit. Certainly we bear fruits but again we are caused by the Spirit of God to do all that, I don't see any free will here the will I have is the result caused by the Spirit of God. This is what our brother Gene, Chosenone and myself are arguing here. We never denied that we don't have any will of our own, we do have our own will otherwise I am not what I am. But every thing in this world works because of cause and effects as we quote repeatedly. We are choosing some thing which is caused by somebody or some thing. We don't have a free will like God who is not influenced by anybody or anything, He does every thing by the cousel of His own will. This is not given to us we only have a limited will which is influenced by the same God to fulfill His purpose to be fruitful in our Christian lives.
    May God bless you
    Adam

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    So God is not influenced by prayers?
    God is open to change through impassioned prayer.
    His will to each man is not set in concrete but He wants us to work in concert with Him.

Jas5
    17Elias was a man subject to like passions as we are, and he prayed earnestly that it might not rain: and it rained not on the earth by the space of three years and six months.

18And he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain, and the earth brought forth her fruit.

gollamudi
    Participant

I agree brother, you mean to say God is also having the influenced will?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    Do you not know the heart of God?

gollamudi
    Participant

yes in a partial way by His Spirit.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    God loves His kids and His ear is always towards their prayers.

gollamudi
    Participant

Amen

Shania
    Participant

Ezek 22:30-31

30 “I looked for a man among them who would build up the wall and stand before me in the gap on behalf of the land so I would not have to destroy it, but I found none. 31 So I will pour out my wrath on them and consume them with my fiery anger, bringing down on their own heads all they have done, declares the Sovereign LORD.”
    NIV

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi Shania,
    That man was Jesus who is our mediator between this One God and men ( 1Tim 2:5).
    peace and blessings
    Adam

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    And unless men come to the cross they will not know that mediation.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (gollamudi @ July 15 2008,03:43)
    Yes Shania,
    I do agree with all those verses you just quoted above. We abide in Jesus by the love of God and under the guidence of the Holy Spirit. Certainly we bear fruits but again we are caused by the Spirit of God to do all that, I don't see any free will here the will I have is the result caused by the Spirit of God. This is what our brother Gene, Chosenone and myself are arguing here. We never denied that we don't have any will of our own, we do have our own will otherwise I am not what I am. But every thing in this world works because of cause and effects as we quote repeatedly. We are choosing some thing which is caused by somebody or some thing. We don't have a free will like God who is not influenced by anybody or anything, He does every thing by the cousel of His own will. This is not given to us we only have a limited will which is influenced by the same God to fulfill His purpose to be fruitful in our Christian lives.
    May God bless you
    Adam

Adam………right on , God is very capable of guiding our hears and minds into His WILL. You have it right God's spirit is guiding you or you would not have understood it.

Love and peace to you and yours…….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    Rom8
    12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
    13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

Seems that the saved still have options.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…..wrong you trying to make it appear that way , For (IF) we live after the Flesh we will die, but we how HAVE THE SPIRIT WILL MORTIFY THE DEEDS OF THE FLESH That what the Spirit DOES. Your form of salvation is of (YOUR WORK) without God at all. That why all you talk about if fearful of loosing out, because you have not faith in God's power at all, only yours.

IMO……….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    I have added nothing to the words of God written to the saved.
    But you cannot accept them without adjustments?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…..wrong you added, (SEEMS)the saved still have options. Those are you (ADDED ADJUSTMENTS), and are not in the Scripture you quoted.Just your Human logic adding to scripture.
    Again you talk out of both sides of your mouth.

IMO…..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    I let the scripture speak and men accept what they are able to.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…..that would be true if you weren't adding your two cents worth in.

IMO………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Some infer from scripture that all will be saved.
    They should find what is written.
    Such is not written.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…….No some quote from Scripture that GOD”S Will is that ALL will be saved and GOD said He does (ALL) things after the council of HIS WILL> And GOD said HE has concluded (ALL) under SIN that HE Might HAVE MERCY ON (ALL)> those are NOT MY words they are GOD”S words. And you can easily fin them (IF) you have eyes to see.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    Stapling several verses together to try to establish a single truth is not correctly cutting the word of truth.
    In correct context each verse can stand alone and is proven by supporting verses.

As with these 3

2Cor13
    1This is the third time I am coming to you. In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established.

Deut 19
    15″A single witness shall not rise up against a man on account of any iniquity or any sin which he has committed; on the evidence of two or three witnesses a matter shall be confirmed.

Mt 18
    16″But if he does not listen to you, take one or two more with you, so that BY THE MOUTH OF TWO OR THREE WITNESSES EVERY FACT MAY BE CONFIRMED.

Viewing 20 posts - 501 through 520 (of 1,702 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account