Understanding Revelation

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 441 through 460 (of 559 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

TK

I died, Paul died, once we (symbolically) die in Baptism we then resurrect to new life

Ro 6:4 We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.
    Eph 4:5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism;
    Col 2:12 having been buried with him in baptism and raised with him through your faith in the power of God, who raised him from the dead.
    1Pe 3:21 and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also—not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a good conscience toward God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ,

so those scriptures do not agree with you.

Jesus died for abundant life here, on earth!

in wich way do you think i do not live a full live??

If, as per your last line, you believe that you are going to be judged by the works and deeds that are changed in your life, that your new views and actions must be implemented in our faith TO BECOME HOLY……you are lost from God. Believing in your own good works to become holy is death not life. You best re-read my friend. I have said all that can be said. If you reject faith alone as your purification from God you will remain in your own filth. I hope you hear, I have tried. God bless you, TK

Ac 24:24 Several days later Felix came with his wife Drusilla, who was a Jewess. He sent for Paul and listened to him as he spoke about faith in Christ Jesus.
    Ac 26:18 to open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me.’

Jas 1:25 But the man who looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues to do this, not forgetting what he has heard, but doing it—he will be blessed in what he does.

Jas 2:24 You see that a person is justified by what he does and not by faith alone.
    Jas 2:25 In the same way, was not even Rahab the prostitute considered righteous for what she did when she gave lodging to the spies and sent them off in a different direction?
    Jas 2:26 As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead.

so if you think all you do is holy then there will be no judgement because your action and faith has saved you,but you have to keep up your good way until the end of your live .

Jas 3:13 Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show it by his good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom

there are more scriptures to show you my faith in God and Christ ,but i can not see any support for your faith where you can be saved by beleiving only.
    Phil 3:7 But whatever was to my profit I now consider loss for the sake of Christ.
    Phil 3:8 What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ
    Phil 3:9 and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ—the righteousness that comes from God and is by faith.
    Phil 3:10 I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death,
    Phil 3:11 and so, somehow, to attain to the resurrection from the dead.

Phil 3:12 Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me.
    Phil 3:13 Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead,
    Phil 3:14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
    Phil 3:15 All of us who are mature should take such a view of things. And if on some point you think differently, that too God will make clear to you.

even Paul was working for the kingdom in the hope and faith that Christ produces

Pierre

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Tim Kraft @ June 06 2011,16:01)
    If, as per your last line, you believe that you are going to be judged by the works and deeds that are changed in your life, that your new views and actions must be implemented in our faith TO BECOME HOLY……you are lost from God. Believing in your own good works to become holy is death not life.

Revelation 20:12-13
    And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what they had done.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (terraricca @ June 06 2011,17:17)
    Phil 3:12 Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me.
    Phil 3:13 Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead,
    Phil 3:14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

Paul had not yet obtained all this, Tim. What makes you think you have? I'm seriously asking.

peace,
    mike

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Hey Mike; Your queries help me learn. Thank you, you have great wisdom in the things of God.

Please don't think I am trying to make something out of nothing here but I felt God showed me something about this verse in Revelation.

Revelation 20:12-13
    And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what they had done.

Notice that two books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the book of life………..then….. the dead(those dead in sin) were judged according to what they had done, their physical works and deeds.
    The dead were those who had not accepted their cleansing from sin through Christ. The dead were judged by their works. No body was judged from the book of life. The book of life is not the book of death! It was opened but no one was judged because they had already been judged by accepting the sacrifice of Jesus for perfection in God. We are not dead in sin we are resurrected to new life in Christ. We have no sin to judge! Jesus took away our sin. We have already been judged as perfect. There is no further judgment for those in Christ!

I really don't know what Paul was talking about. He had a martyrs heart from all the devastation he had done to followers of Christ previously. Always ready to die for the cause. He experienced some power works from God. When the jail cells were opened by earthquake I think I would have left!! He stuck around to prove something. He shook off a vipers bite after being saved from a horrific storm. What did he mean, I haven't obtained all this. He healed people that were sick. I don't know what he meant. I do know this I choose to follow Jesus and he says I am clean unto God. What you think and Paul think belong to you guys. Jesus is lord for me. I hope you don't see that as a cop-out statment. Its my truth. IMO, TK

terraricca
    Participant

TK

I really don't know what Paul was talking about. He had a martyrs heart from all the devastation he had done to followers of Christ previously. Always ready to die for the cause. He experienced some power works from God. When the jail cells were opened by earthquake I think I would have left!! He stuck around to prove something. He shook off a vipers bite after being saved from a horrific storm. What did he mean, I haven't obtained all this. He healed people that were sick. I don't know what he meant. I do know this I choose to follow Jesus and he says I am clean unto God. What you think and Paul think belong to you guys. Jesus is lord for me. I hope you don't see that as a cop-out statment. Its my truth.  IMO, TK

I can see that you do not fallow scriptures ,you say that you have spend 30 years studying scriptures to what ?Its my truth

I thought we all believers should make God truth ours,you have twist it around ,this is why you say things to me that do not make sense according to scriptures,

so you only believe and interpret what in your opinion and view fit your made up doctrine,very convenient but not the truth of God.

so I will stick to the truth of scriptures and let scriptures interpret scriptures in this way i will grow in the knowledge of my God and his son Jesus Christ.

Pierre

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Whose Perfect:

Matt.5:48…be ye therefore perfect as you father in Heaven…
    John17:23…that they be made perfect in one….
    1Cor.2:6…wisdom among them that are perfect….
    Eph.4:13…..unto a perfect man unto the measure of Christ…..
    Ph'p.3:15….let us therefore, as many as be perfect….
    Col.1:28….every man perfect in Christ Jesus….
    Col.4:12…..that ye may stand perfect and complete….
    2ndTi.3:17….That the man of God may be perfect….
    Heb.13:21…Make you perfect in every good(faith/God)work…..

There are many more but this should suffice. Paul may not have felt like he was perfect on that day but he knew all believers were made perfect in Christ. IMO, TK

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ June 08 2011,01:08)
    TK

I really don't know what Paul was talking about. He had a martyrs heart from all the devastation he had done to followers of Christ previously. Always ready to die for the cause. He experienced some power works from God. When the jail cells were opened by earthquake I think I would have left!! He stuck around to prove something. He shook off a vipers bite after being saved from a horrific storm. What did he mean, I haven't obtained all this. He healed people that were sick. I don't know what he meant. I do know this I choose to follow Jesus and he says I am clean unto God. What you think and Paul think belong to you guys. Jesus is lord for me. I hope you don't see that as a cop-out statment. Its my truth.  IMO, TK

I can see that you do not fallow scriptures ,you say that you have spend 30 years studying scriptures to what ?Its my truth

I thought we all believers should make God truth ours,you have twist it around ,this is why you say things to me that do not make sense according to scriptures,

so you only believe and interpret what in your opinion and view fit your made up doctrine,very convenient but not the truth of God.

so I will stick to the truth of scriptures and let scriptures interpret scriptures in this way i will grow in the knowledge of my God and his son Jesus Christ.

Pierre

Pierre: Of course its my truth! There are billions of people in the world and every single one is at a different place on the path to enlightenment of God. At all times wherever you are in you quest of knowledge of God, that is your truth, to you. The way you see it, and the way you believe it.

Know this, however you see the world around you is strictly your viewpoint. If you could climb into anothers body and see the world from their viewpoint it would be completely different. Almost entirely different. Our life source is all one yet our views and perceptions are quite individual. You create your world by what you choose to believe as true.

If my doctrines don't align with the scriptures they are worthless. I set out to find Gods truth in Jesus, not any mans truth or doctrines. What I feel God has given to me is in perfect alignment with all New Testament scriptures. I may have trouble writing it or you may have trouble understanding it but I guarantee it aligns with the message of Jesus.

You can say the scriptures don't support my doctrine but that is not true. Bless you, TK

terraricca
    Participant

TK

your first verse;Mat5;48=Mt 5:43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’
    Mt 5:44 But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,
    Mt 5:45 that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.
    Mt 5:46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that?
    Mt 5:47 And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that?
    Mt 5:48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Jesus explain to his listeners that they have to become perfect like the father ,they did not acheive that by beleiving only.

Jn 17:20 “My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message,
    Jn 17:21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me.
    Jn 17:22 I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one:
    Jn 17:23 I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.

it is the same thing with this verse we have to reach to become one with Christ and his father.

1Co 2:6 We do, however, speak a message of wisdom among the mature, but not the wisdom of this age or of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing.
    1Co 2:7 No, we speak of God’s secret wisdom, a wisdom that has been hidden and that God destined for our glory before time began.
    1Co 2:8 None of the rulers of this age understood it, for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
    1Co 2:9 However, as it is written:
    “No eye has seen,
    no ear has heard,
    no mind has conceived
    what God has prepared for those who love him”—
    1Co 2:10 but God has revealed it to us by his Spirit.
    The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God.
    1Co 2:11 For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the man’s spirit within him? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God.

again Paul talks about to reach to maturity of the knowledge of God,not a given

Eph 4:11 It was he who gave some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to be evangelists, and some to be pastors and teachers,
    Eph 4:12 to prepare God’s people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up
    Eph 4:13 until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.

again this scriptures show that we have to aquire the knowledge,not given

Phil 3:15 All of us who are mature should take such a view of things. And if on some point you think differently, that too God will make clear to you.
    Phil 3:16 Only let us live up to what we have already attained.
    Phil 3:17 Join with others in following my example, brothers, and take note of those who live according to the pattern we gave you.

same as above not given aquired knowledge,

Col 1:26 the mystery that has been kept hidden for ages and generations, but is now disclosed to the saints.
    Col 1:27 To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.
    Col 1:28 We proclaim him, admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone perfect in Christ

again those verse showing aquired knowledge and to practice so to acheive the goal to perfection

2Ti 3:17 so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.
    2Ti 4:1 In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead, and in view of his appearing and his kingdom, I give you this charge:

again an aquired knowledge to be applied to reach perfection in Christ

Heb 13:21 equip you with everything good for doing his will, and may he work in us what is pleasing to him, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

again knowledge to be aquired to fullfil goal in perfection of Christ

they where made perfect as they obey the truth of God will ,perfection was the ultimate goal not something received at the beginning of there hearing the gospel news,this is the same today for us

Pierre

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Pierre: I believe Jesus came to tell the truth of God to mankind. Jesus came to a lost and darkened world. Those that were lost in sin and darkness were the religious ones trying to find God. If they weren't trying to find God they didn't know they were lost and if they thought they knew where God was, in the old temple building, again they were lost.

Mankind created religious ideas about God over generations of time. Much or most of their ideas were not of truth. Buildings, cities, foods, washings, sacrifices, rituals, feast days, sabbath days all man made ideas of what or how to please God or what would apease Gods anger that they believed. That darkness or untruth about God created sin thinking, man feeling unworthy of God, man feeling unclean before God, man feeling disconnected from God by unrighteousness. These beliefs created feelings of evil, destruction, bad, sick, hurt, angry, frustrated, stressful, no peace, no joy etc.!

So, mankind believed wrong or in error/sin. Big deal, what does that do. Whatever a human being takes into his heart and mind and ponders and incubates those thoughts through contemplation and meditation, adding either fear or faith they become his personal belief system. The belief system of a man filters or colors every thought that comes to his mind. If the man has built his beliefs from fear that is what will be drawn to his mind and filtered through his former beliefs. There will be some good and some bad probably in all of us. The good is love/God. The evil is sin/bad/destruction/unworthy/unrighteous etc.! (Remember these are all things pertaining to God, I'm not speaking about this world right now)

This was mans condition of sin and death when Jesus came to bring the truth to man from God. John the baptist came to prepare the minds of the people by washing away the old doctrines they followed. Jesus immediately followed to emmerse their minds with the truth of God in spirit words from God.

Jesus taught the arrival of the Kingdom of God. Thy kingdom come. The kingdom of God is the ruling spirit of God within mankind. The fulness of God/love dwelling within each individual. Its the way it was created at the first. Adam was dead until God moved in and he became a living soul. Mankind is alive because of Gods spirit within. There is no separation of God and man for any reason. Unless the man dies!

This is all said for you to see that Gods way(the love way) is not an earned way. I mean, you do have to garner knowledge with understanding to see/understand love but that doesn't earn or buy your perfection. In the truth from God, his gifts are first and then those who love in return access the kingdom, the power and the glory of God.

God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whosever would believe on him should find everlasting life! John 3:16

God loved us first! God gave us the gifts at no cost! Why? Because he knew that the love that would be created from the love given would spread through mankind and save them from destruction.

All who believe in destruction of mankind to come are anti-christ. Christ does not believe in destruction of life. Christ perfects and enhances life.

Jesus/God declared you perfect. Actually they judged you as perfect unto God. Jesus judged us as clean, ordained, holy, washed, purified, sinless, and whole unto God through his sacrifice. If you believe these things and begin to strip away old, evil, dark thoughts and beliefs you will begin to be able to walk in the supernatural power of God through the words of Jesus/Christ.

So you are right, there are works for God. We must work the works of God. Like Jesus did. The truth will automatically cast out devils/lies, the life of the truth for all who accept, will raise those who are dead, believing they are apart from Christ and we must heal all manner of sickness and disease as our lord has shown us to do. These are the works of faith in God. We can't do them, its the God in us that doeth the work THROUGH us who believe. Faith in God is the works of today. Washing away wrong thinking and sin and evil is our mind work to get to heaven(inside our minds) where God is. He who has ears to hear, let him hear what the spirit sayeth. God bless you, TK

terraricca
    Participant

TK

So you are right, there are works for God. We must work the works of God. Like Jesus did. The truth will automatically cast out devils/lies, the life of the truth for all who accept

thank you, on this we are in agreement.

Pierre

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Tim Kraft @ June 07 2011,04:46)
    Hey Mike; Your queries help me learn. Thank you, you have great wisdom in the things of God.

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the compliment, but no one is wise except for God, right?  :)  What you call “MY wisdom” is nothing more than my willingness to read and accept what is written in all of the scriptures, even when some of it is contrary to the way I imagine I would have done things, or even contrary to the way I imagine things should be.  Who am I to think that my way would have been better than God's way?  I am a speck of dust, and nothing more.

Read my signature below, Tim.  I put that there to remind me and others that God doesn't owe any of us anything at all.  If God wants to destroy my whole family tomorrow, as confusing and devastating to me as it would be, I would have no choice but to praise Him for exercising His will on earth as He does in heaven.  And not one of those people He took from me really belonged to me; for I own NOTHING on this earth…………..EVERYTHING under heaven belongs to only One.  It is all HIS to do with what HE sees fit.  It is not up to me to question His authority or demand answers as to why He did what He did.  My mom use to say, “Ours is not to question why, ours is just to do or die”.  :)

Anyway, I'm rambling on here.  I really wish you'd reconsider adding the OT scriptures into your regular reading regiment.  I get the feeling that you don't like the OT because you don't like “that particular God” or the things He did.  You seem to feel closer to the “Jesus God” or something.

Don't ever forget that even with Jesus, only ONE person gave something that was TRULY His.  Our God gave His beloved Son over to a humiliating mock trial and painful death because HE loved the world so much.

Tim, imagine the dog whose owner is abusive.  He still wags his tail and tries his hardest to please the monster that kicks and beats him daily.

Compare that with the dog whose owner loves him so much, he takes him to regular vet visits, where the dog gets caged for a day, poked and prodded, and stuck with needles.

Both dogs know nothing except to try and please their master.  One suffers pain because his master is a class A jerk; the other because his master loves him as if he was his own son.

Our master is the latter, never the former.  We cannot judge the decisions He made as recorded in the OT.  We don't see things from His perspective any more than the dog at the vet understands why his beloved master would leave him at such a miserable place.

Tim, I am a lowly dog and I dearly love and trust my master, even if I personally experience confusion, pain and suffering at times.

I think you and I differ greatly in this regard.  I consider myself less than a speck of dust who would be overjoyed just to be noticed by my master, and beyond thrilled if I ever happened to do something that brought a smile to His heart.

You seem to think you have been saved, made perfect, and are almost on the same level as your master.

Paul says he hadn't yet obtained the goal, and your answer is basically, “I don't know what Paul was talking about, but that's his deal, not mine.”  I guess I just don't understand that reaction.

Tim, this post is a testimonial about me, not any kind of judgment on you.  It is not for me to judge another master's servant. I just wanted to air some things out. :)

I love you in Christ,
    mike

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Mike: My heart felt sorrow and pain as I read your post. I felt sadness and a little fear/respect in your testimony. I don't beleive that should be the fruit of love.

The first item in any relationship is absoulte trust. In absolute trust I cannot even conceive of God destroying me or any other. Love never destroys. Love never kills. Love always gives it does not take. God may be like a 1500 pound grizzly bear that comes out of the forest in front of you, standing ten feet tall and roaring. Then he comes down on all fours and turns and walk away, looking back so as to say, I love you, you are free to pass my way.

Don't ever forget that even with Jesus, only ONE person gave something that was TRULY His. Our God gave His beloved Son over to a humiliating mock trial and painful death because HE loved the world so much.

I see Jesus, knowing he had the power over his own life to save it or to lay it down, laid it down for the benefit of the masses at that time that believed in sacrifice. The great love of Jesus gave that gift to mankind. God did not have anything to do with the death of Jesus.

Remember the scripture about the talents and two guys took their talents and gained more and their lord praised them. The third guy said in fear, lord, I knew you to be a hard man, reaping where you didn't sow and demanding etc., so I hid the talents, now here they are! The lord was wroth with that man and kicked him out into outer darkness where others are that can't see the truth. The man was chasened for being afraid of his lord and knowing him in a fearful, dark way.

Lastly, God began planing to send the truth a thousand years before he came. Adam did not pass down the truth of God/life. Adam had tainted his truth with a lie of evil. Adam believed a lie which split the truth, to good and evil. Truth and lies. So mankind began to pass along some truth and some lies/sin. Sin was believing there was evil. There was only God. Man began to fall further and further in his mind away from God/the Truth! Some men, like Abraham were able to stay with the truth. Faith, believing in God connected God/and Man from the very begining. Faith tainted with evil/fear/destruction is a parcial connection to God. Pure faith with no darkness or lies or death or evil is pure God. Your mind is Gods mind is it not? Don't we have the mind of Christ?

God gave his prophets to tell us of a day that would come. A new day (where old testament things)passed away. They were replace by the light/truth. A new covenant, based on better promises. The new way was the original way that was lost. Man connects to God by faith/believing. Jesus came and gave us Gods words/Spirit. He taught everything of God was within a human being/son of God. Those that believe, access the power of God. Those that don't believe stay in outer darkness in pain and suffering.

The old will is dead, supersceded, passed. The New Testament is life, love, peace and joy from the Holy Ghost of God through the words of Jesus.

Jesus said,….if a man love me, he will keep my words:and my father will lofe him and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him!John15:23 Try to remember that when you call yourself a lowly dog you are actually calling God and Jesus the same. They live in their words witin you!

Whatever you read in the NT from Jesus that tells you what you are, that is what you are, whether you agree or not. Otherwise you set yourself above God and say, I am a lowly dog! What ever you say about yourself or another if it is not in alignment with what God says about you or them, then you are placing your words above God!!

Why would anyone, now, go back and read a former will that no longer is in force? Beats me, IMO, with great respect and love, TK

terraricca
    Participant

TK

The first item in any relationship is absoulte trust. In absolute trust I cannot even conceive of God destroying me or any other. Love never destroys. Love never kills. Love always gives it does not take. God may be like a 1500 pound grizzly bear that comes out of the forest in front of you, standing ten feet tall and roaring. Then he comes down on all fours and turns and walk away, looking back so as to say, I love you, you are free to pass my way.

do you know the wrath of God ? or you figure God is joking ?
    or when Christ says all judgement as be given to him,or that the unbelievers will not enter the kingdom ,or the destruction of the wicket ones,

or do you deny the Justice for the righteous as mare story ?unless all will accept Gods will or any corruption will be destroyed.

Pierre

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Pierre: I thought the wrath of God was to be poured out on the unrighteous, cowardly, unbelieving, sinners and adulterers! Why would anybody who is saved through Jesus and cleansed from sin be afraid of the wrath of God. I am in no way afraid of the wrath of God. Wrath is a lie. The new testament is Gods love to man. How can a “christian” that believes what Jesus did for them and gave to them still

fear the wrath of God? Wrath for what, having no more sin? Wrath for believing he has been cleansed. The wrath of God, just so you know, if there can be such a thing as wrath from love(God is love in the NT) is on lies and deceptions against the truth. Wrath is against wrong thinking! Wrath is against those who still don't believe they are forgiven? Those who deny what Jesus said and did!! Not against flesh and blood. The evil that is destroyed is peoples thoughts still believing in evil. Evil spirits are words or doctrines of lies and deceptions against the truth. The holy spirit/fire is a fire that burns away the chaff. EVIL THINKING MUST BE DESTROYED for the truth to shine.

Why would I have a reason to fear wrath for the wicked? I know the truth of Gods love should I fear his destruction? Would my father inside me, kill me because I believe what he says?

I can promise this. Everyone who remains in the Old Testament will reap the destruction of the old testament. It produced sin and darkness. The New Testament give life more abundant. Not a hard choice for me, how about you? TK

terraricca
    Participant

TK

Why would I have a reason to fear wrath for the wicked? I know the truth of Gods love should I fear his destruction? Would my father inside me, kill me because I believe what he says?

where does it says what you believe to be in scriptures?

I can promise this. Everyone who remains in the Old Testament will reap the destruction of the old testament. It produced sin and darkness. The New Testament give life more abundant. Not a hard choice for me, how about you? TK

Pierre

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Pierre; I have quoted you many scriptures over time. I'm not going to do it again. Some things just make sense. Did Jesus save us from sin? Yes! Wrath is on the ungodly not the Godly! Are you Godly? Jesus says you are! TK

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Tim Kraft @ June 09 2011,05:14)

In absolute trust I cannot even conceive of God destroying me or any other.

Your understanding seems to come from what YOU personally want to believe about the God who created you.  Mine comes from the words of the scriptures.  Even your “God Jesus” will say, “Away from me evil doers, I never knew you”.  And those will go off into everlasting destruction.  MY God has appointed YOUR “God” as a judge.  What need is there of a judge if everyone is just going to live happily ever after? :)

I see Jesus, knowing he had the power over his own life to save it or to lay it down,

I think you are misunderstanding a scripture here.  Please quote the one to which you refer.

Those that don't believe stay in outer darkness in pain and suffering.

Does this fit into your “God is love and wouldn't ever hurt a fly” understanding?

peace,
    mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Tim Kraft @ June 09 2011,09:05)

Hi Tim,

I think your practice of picking and choosing only “happy” scriptures to believe in is a little risky and near-sighted.

Do you believe that since God is love, no one at all will be destroyed?  

peace,
    mike

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Mike: If you take the old testament out of the equation because it is old, past, complete, finished, through, done, non-effective any more you will perhaps see another God. The old testament created religious doctrines in man about God that were from man and not true. The old way was of darkness and destruction. Remember when talking about God we are always talking about spirit/mind/thoughts/beliefs. Jesus came to save a world in darkness, from its sin/error of beliefs. The doctrines that religion had used to beat up people, degrade them as sinners, unclean, unworthy, unrighteous etc. they were destroying peoples lives. They wanted to know God.
    Jesus is the only “truth” we have to count on. Jesus revealed to mankind for the first time that the most high God is life and love. From life and love there are fruit commensurate from a vine or tree of life and love.

Jesus the words of God came to show the way to God, enlighten the path to God and give absolute or abundant eternal life back to mankind. Jesus taught us the truth. God is spirit/words/truth/life/good! This is the “Gospel” or good news from God to mankind. Jesus led new disciples and followers to peace with God, love to and from God, joy in the lord from perfect unity with God, forgiveness of previous error of thinking/sin, and all the fruit of the spirit of God. Jesus taught God is the vine and we are the branches if we bear the fruit.(not good works but good words). If we fail to bear good words of peace, love, joy etc., then we are cut off as a worthless branch and burned with the fire of the holy ghost.

This is the great and terrible day of the lord. Its a great day for mankind to absorb the gospel/good news of life and its a bad day for lies, untruth, destructive doctrines, sickness, disease or any anti-life thoughts. Jesus baptized with the holy ghost and fire. Mankind gets the holy ghost and the ot doctrines get the fire. We don't fight flesh and blood brothers and sisters. We fight evil thoughts, evil thinking, life destroying beliefs. Thoughts first then beliefs and manifestation of that thinking.

I think calling “the gospel of God” “happy” scriptures is a bit tongue n cheek. If God were going to kill mankind he would then be the devil! Isn't it the devil that cometh to kill steal and destroy? Didn't Jesus come to give us eternal, abundant life? If we would get busy spreading the truth from God it will cast out all devils/lies/evil doctrines and burn up all wrong thinking about God(being a killer) and leave a pure, clean mind of Christ.

As it was in the beginning the choice is to accept only good or by the lies and deceptions and believe in good mixed with evil! They do not mix. Its like salt-water and fresh water, no mix. One taints the other. IMO

Just some thoughts to ponder. Blessings on you and yours, TK

terraricca
    Participant

TK

this is good;

I think calling “the gospel of God” “happy” scriptures is a bit tongue n cheek. If God were going to kill mankind he would then be the devil! Isn't it the devil that cometh to kill steal and destroy? Didn't Jesus come to give us eternal, abundant life? If we would get busy spreading the truth from God it will cast out all devils/lies/evil doctrines and burn up all wrong thinking about God(being a killer) and leave a pure, clean mind of Christ.

Pierre

Viewing 20 posts - 441 through 460 (of 559 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account