Trinity – Is 1:18’s Proof Text #4

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 408 total)
  • Author
    Tim Kraft
    Participant

Quote (TechJoe @ June 26 2009,11:37)
    Arghhh; there I go not proof reading again. “And that we should participate if planting and growing churches”. The word “if” should be the word “In”
    It should read: And that we should participate in planting and growing churches.

Bless you TJ: The church of the old teasament was is error! The building, the sacrifices, the tithe, and the Law. They were the lost sheep.There is no longer a brick and mortar temple building for the children of God. Jesus came to seek and to save that which was lost. The Truth of God was lost in ritual, doctrines of men, new moons, sabbaths, etc. They were lost in sin. When they established the Law, sin arose.Would the God of love revealed by Jesus give a law that said do not kill…and then send his people into foreign lands to murder,destroy, and pillage man, woman and children?
    The answer is NO!
    The New Testament church is you. The reason Jesus never said to build a building was the rule of God was from the Kingdom within each individual.This is the Gospel. The father, son, and whole Spirit dwell in each person.We are all ONE! You are the church which is his body. You are the King of your Kingdom of God within. You are the Priest of your Temple. This was the teaching of Jesus for all who would believe and hold fast against the lies and deception that would come against that Truth. Peace to you, TK

Cindy
    Participant

Tim  If you can find me a Church that does not believe in the Trinity, and believes in Grace, I would be the first to go.
    Nick is right, I am glad to be here and some believes are true while others are wrong.  That is a way to prove all things. It looks like you believe in a Trinity. Do you?
    The Church of God is a Spiritual Church.  Therefore we do not need a Building.  Christ is the Head of that Church.  He is the Vine and we are the Branches.  So when Jesus said what He did on the Sermon on the Mount, He is wrong and we do not have to go by it?  You need to prove what you are saying.  
    Why would Jesus say all and then a few months later all is just Grace.  What does Paul tell us. Also the Law was given because of Sin, not like you say, that the Law was given and sin arose.  You also have to respect Nick a little more, He is one of the Adminastrators here.  That is why you find Him on the site so much. Like I said before people who put another down are not to be trustedIMO.
    Peace and Love Irene

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Cindy @ June 27 2009,05:04)
    Tim  If you can find me a Church that does not believe in the Trinity, and believes in Grace, I would be the first to go.
    Nick is right, I am glad to be here and some believes are true while others are wrong.  That is a way to prove all things. It looks like you believe in a Trinity. Do you?
    The Church of God is a Spiritual Church.  Therefore we do not need a Building.  Christ is the Head of that Church.  He is the Vine and we are the Branches.  So when Jesus said what He did on the Sermon on the Mount, He is wrong and we do not have to go by it?  You need to prove what you are saying.  
    Why would Jesus say all and then a few months later all is just Grace.  What does Paul tell us. Also the Law was given because of Sin, not like you say, that the Law was given and sin arose.  You also have to respect Nick a little more, He is one of the Adminastrators here.  That is why you find Him on the site so much. Like I said before people who put another down are not to be trustedIMO.
    Peace and Love Irene

Irene,
    You are wrong! Hebrews says that we are not to forsake the assembling of ourselves together as the manner of some. You are in that group called “as the manner of some.” It has nothing to do with buildings. But it has everything to do with building each other up. There is no excuse. We all have to put up with doctrines we don't like. I have to put up with the teaching that Christ is coming back when He already came back. But I put up with it.

Paul commanded us to bear one another's burdens. You can't do this on an online discussion board. There is a woman at my church who is having surgery on Monday and my wife will be staying in her home afterwards to take care of her. My wife is obeying Paul's command. Yet many on this board are just whining that the established church is wrong on this and that. But Paul said that love covers a multitude of sins.

Did you hear that Irene? Love covers a multitude of sins. Therefore, the love of Christ should drive you to church.

thinker

Quote (Cindy @ June 26 2009,13:04)
    Peace and Love Irene

Hi Irene

There are plenty of churches that do not believe in the Trinity, even so does that mean you cannot fellowhip with them. Does being a child of God hinge on not believing in the Trinity?

If you think so then you have made yourself a judge over the hearts of many that believe in Jesus.

Scriptures tell us to “not forsake the assembling of ourselves together as the manner of some and especially because the days are evil.

Just being a member of the Body of Christ is not a sustitiute for local gatherings of the believers otherwise you need to clip out of your Bibles Rev 1-3, 1 Cor chapters 12 and 13, and most of the book of Acts that shows the early chuch came together daily to preach and hear the Word of God and fellowship. Jesus also tells us that in communion we are to remember him.

Blessings WJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    Fellowship with the Father and the Son depends on abiding in scripture.[2jn]
    There is no trinity taught in scripture.

Anonymous

Did Jesus command the disciples to go to the uttermost parts of the world and preach the gospel?
    Is that not what our missionaries do today?
    How far can a missionary get without the backing of a church?
    How much more could the local church do for Christ with your support?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TJ,
    Some travel far to make proselytes and leave them worse off.
    Preach what is written when you preach.
    Trinity is not written.

Anonymous

Here is the problem as I see it:
    We are like little children in Gods living room when we first get saved and God comes along behind us and picks up all our sin and throws it up on the coffee table and we reach up on the coffee table and pull back down all the sin that we were not done playing with yet. Then God says no! no! no! and we run from God because there some things in our lives that we are not ready to part with. We then look for ways to justify our actions.

Look we cannot live sin free but we are suppose to strive to be more like Jesus every day.

Anonymous

So because some have done wrong we should do nothing?

Anonymous

Here’s a quick Quiz.
    Which of the following can be removed and still allow you to have salvation?
    A)God
    B)The Spirit of God
    C)Jesus Christ
    D)None of the above

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (TechJoe @ June 27 2009,07:42)
    Here is the problem as I see it:
    We are like little children in Gods living room when we first get saved and God comes along behind us and picks up all our sin and throws it up on the coffee table and we reach up on the coffee table and pull back down all the sin that we were not done playing with yet. Then God says no! no! no! and we run from God because there some things in our lives that we are not ready to part with. We then look for ways to justify our actions.

Look we cannot live sin free but we are suppose to strive to be more like Jesus every day.

Hi BD,
    Not by might nor power but by the Spirit.
    Be still and know that i am God.

Men cannot wash the inside of the cup.

Quote (TechJoe @ June 26 2009,16:03)
    Here’s a quick Quiz.
    A)God
    B)The Spirit of God
    C)Jesus Christ
    D)None of the above

Hi TK

Good point!

WJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (TechJoe @ June 27 2009,08:03)
    Here’s a quick Quiz.
    A)God
    B)The Spirit of God
    C)Jesus Christ
    D)None of the above

Hi TJ,
    Did you not know of God's Spirit that he poured into His son?
    Get the three idea out of your head.

Fellowship in the Spirit of God with the Father and the Son is the way.

Anonymous

“Fellowship in the Spirit of God with the Father and the Son is the way.”
    Hmmmph!! the Spirit of God, the Father, and the Son; Where I went to school 1+1+1=3

Quote (TechJoe @ June 26 2009,16:18)
    “Fellowship in the Spirit of God with the Father and the Son is the way.”
    Hmmmph!! the Spirit of God, the Father, and the Son; Where I went to school 1+1+1=3

Hi TJ

And they all have a name. :)

Mattew 28:19

Blessings WJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TJ,
    Does God not have a spirit?
    He is spirit.

Why do you think the Spirit of God is another person??
    Is your spirit another person from you?

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 26 2009,16:21)
    Hi TJ,
    Does God not have a spirit?
    He is spirit.

Why do you think the Spirit of God is another person??
    Is your spirit another person from you?

Hi NH

Is there anything wrong with Jesus words in Matt 28:19? ???

WJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    Have you seen the original manuscript?
    Bishop Eusebius did and had a copy in his library which the Romans burnt down.

He said that Jesus said in that verse we were to baptise “in my name”

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 26 2009,16:42)
    Hi WJ,

NH

Yes of course, the text is corrupt and we should believe a dead mans words over the written scriptures right?

How many more words in Mattew did Eusebius see that has been changed?

How do you know that “Eusebius” proposed testimony was not made up by someone else?

Matt 28:19 does not contradict scripures NH.

Open your eyes!

WJ

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 26 2009,16:42)
    Hi WJ,

NH

BTW, we have not seen any of the original manuscripts!

So which ones should we not believe?

Why do you defend scriptures that support your doctrine but condemn those that don't?

WJ

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 408 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account