Transcendence versus immanence

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 304 total)
  • Author
    KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ July 25 2009,17:50)
    “Fully” God, “fully” man.

Words have completely lost their meaning!

Jehovah said “I will become who I am becoming”, Exodus 3:14.

http://www.scripture4all.org/OnlineInterlinear/OTpdf/exo3.pdf

Jehovah had become a fire in the midst of a burning bush when He said this. If He can do this, then He may certainly become something made in His own image. He is immanent!

Anti-trinitarianism's major flaw is that it holds that God is so transcendent that He cannot become immanent. God could not become a man so He had to send a man. This implies that God Himself cannot know first hand how we feel.

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    When will rely more of the bible and less on human theology?

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 26 2009,08:45)
    Hi TT,
    When will rely more of the bible and less on human theology?

“And the Word was God…”
    “And the Word became flesh…”

Is this relying on God's word? Face it Nick. Your God is not the God of the Bible. The God of the Bible can be immanent.

thinker

Quote (thethinker @ July 25 2009,04:29)

Jehovah had become a fire in the midst of a burning bush when He said this. If He can do this, then He may certainly become something made in His own image. He is immanent!

Anti-trinitarianism's major flaw is that it holds that God is so transcendent that He cannot become immanent. God could not become a man so He had to send a man. This implies that God Himself cannot know first hand how we feel.

thinker

Hi Jack

Very true. God can take on any form that he chooses and become what ever he wants.

This is why he is God, because he says there is 'nothing to hard” for him, and 'he can do all things'.

Anti-trinitarians limit God to not being able to come in the flesh and live as a man and yet still be God.

After all men are not just flesh. We are also Spirit beings who live in a body.

The Word who was God “tabernacled” among us and we beheld his Glory.

God was in the flesh reconciling the world unto himself.

Blessings WJ

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ July 27 2009,02:15)

Quote (thethinker @ July 25 2009,04:29)

thinker

Hi Jack

Very true. God can take on any form that he chooses and become what ever he wants.

This is why he is God, because he says there is 'nothing to hard” for him, and 'he can do all things'.

Anti-trinitarians limit God to not being able to come in the flesh and live as a man and yet still be God.

After all men are not just flesh. We are also Spirit beings who live in a body.

The Word who was God “tabernacled” among us and we beheld his Glory.

God was in the flesh reconciling the world unto himself.

Blessings WJ

WJ,
    Anti-trinitarians begin with the presupposition that God is totally other than man. But this is not true. Man is in the image of God. Therefore, God may become that which is His own image.

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    More foolish theology?
    Read the Word.

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 27 2009,08:41)
    Hi TT,
    More foolish theology?
    Read the Word.

“And the Word was God.”

“And the Word was made flesh.”

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    Trinity is not a biblical teaching so it is an easy target for anyone who believes Scripture.

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 27 2009,10:18)
    Hi TT,
    Trinity is not a biblical teaching so it is an easy target for anyone who believes Scripture.

Nick,
    Your God cannot know what I am going through because He cannot be immanent. Your God is no good to me. You may keep your God Nick.

thinker

Cindy
    Participant

It is so easy to understand when you can see that the Word God is a tittle.  God the Father who is above had another name Jehovah God.  And of course Jesus who was the Word who became flesh.  When you see it that way, there is no trinity.  Scripture teaches us so, that the Father is greater then the Son. Jesus own word.  Remember that God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow.  I say that because some might say that after He died for us, He became equal to the Father.
    Not according to the Bible.
    Peace and Love Irene

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Cindy @ July 27 2009,10:39)
    It is so easy to understand when you can see that the Word God is a tittle.  God the Father who is above had another name Jehovah God.  And of course Jesus who was the Word who became flesh.  When you see it that way, there is no trinity.  Scripture teaches us so, that the Father is greater then the Son. Jesus own word.  Remember that God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow.  I say that because some might say that after He died for us, He became equal to the Father.
    Peace and Love Irene

It is so easy to understand when you see that “Father” is also just a title.

thinker

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Cindy @ July 27 2009,10:39)
    Peace and Love Irene

Titles are no good unless they mean something.

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    Who gave God the TITLE?

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 27 2009,11:50)
    Hi TT,
    Who gave God the TITLE?

It doesn't matter. The titles “Father” and “Son” were derived at the same point in time.

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    Have you told your dad and your kids this?

Quote (Cindy @ July 26 2009,18:39)
    Peace and Love Irene

Irene

Scriptures teach there is only “One True God” therfore all others are false.

So is Jesus a “false god” or is he “True God”? ???

WJ

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 27 2009,21:43)
    Hi TT,
    Have you told your dad and your kids this?

Would I need to tell them? You did not become a Father until your child was born. You did not always have that title? Neither did God.

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    So it is not any sort of a fact?
    Clearly this path away from reality is to justify your idea that Jesus is not who he said he is, the Son of God.

I wonder if we will ever see WJ and TC attempt to correct your ideas or is it ok to them that you believe anything however strange so long as it is suggesting God is a trinity.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ July 28 2009,03:52)

Quote (Cindy @ July 26 2009,18:39)
    Peace and Love Irene

Irene

Scriptures teach there is only “One True God” therfore all others are false.

So is Jesus a “false god” or is he “True God”?  ???

WJ

WJ…………Good question , lets see what Jesus says, “FOR THOU ART THE (ONLY) TRUE GOD”. Bingo, there is your answer.
    Now TRINITARIANS need to figure what (THOU) and (ONLY) means, WITHOUT TWISTING THIS PLANE STATEMENT BY JESUS.

peace and love……………..gene

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 28 2009,07:16)
    Hi TT,
    So it is not any sort of a fact?
    Clearly this path away from reality is to justify your idea that Jesus is not who he said he is, the Son of God.

I wonder if we will ever see WJ and TC attempt to correct your ideas or is it ok to them that you believe anything however strange so long as it is suggesting God is a trinity.

What saith the scripture?

I will be to Him a Father, and He shall be to me a Son

thinker

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 304 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account