Titus 2:13, 14 Proof that Jesus is The Saviour!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 582 total)
  • Author

Quote (Lightenup @ July 01 2011,09:17)

Quote (t8 @ June 27 2011,00:59)

Lightenup,June wrote:

t8,

Even Jesus is a son of the Most High except that he is the only begotten and firstborn.

A big exception there t8.  A difference between deity and non deity.

God is a 'Him' on one side of the equation but on the other side of the equation, the Father is a mighty God, the Son is a mighty God, and with their Spirit they make the Father the Almighty God.  He always was the Almighty God and always had a Son.  As I see it.

Hi Gordon.

We will partake of divine nature and our lowly bodies will be transformed into a body like his. In addition to that, he will call us brothers/brethren.

What he is, we will become.

t8

Actually that is a distortion of the truth because the scriptures do not say, “What he is, we will become.”

The scriptures say we will be “like” him!

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2  

Big difference!  :p

WJ

terraricca
    Participant

Kathi

Pierre,
    Hebrews 1:8

But of the Son He says, “YOUR THRONE, O GOD, IS FOREVER AND EVER, AND THE RIGHTEOUS SCEPTER IS THE SCEPTER OF HIS KINGDOM.

Matt 28:18
    And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.

As for the Son as the 'root of David,' He has always been in unity with the Father as Jehovah our God.  So when did Jehovah ever not have a kingdom.  He created all things.

Kathi

first;Heb 1:8 But about the Son he says,
    “Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever,
    and righteousness will be the scepter of your kingdom.
    Heb 1:9 You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness;
    therefore God, your God, has set you(Christ) above your companions
    by anointing you with the oil of joy.”

Ps 2:7 I will proclaim the decree of the LORD?
    He said to me, “You are my Son;
    today I have become your Father.
    Ps 2:8 Ask of me,
    and I will make the nations your inheritance,
    the ends of the earth your possession.
    Ps 2:9 You will rule them with an iron scepter;
    you will dash them to pieces like pottery.

Kathi says;
    (As the offspring of David, He received His kingdom when He was resurrected)

Jn 18:37 “You are a king, then!” said Pilate.
    Jesus answered, “You are right in saying I am a king. In fact, for this reason I was born,

so it seems that Jesus was already a king before he died

As for the Son as the 'root of David,' He has always been in unity with the Father as Jehovah our God.  So when did Jehovah ever not have a kingdom.  He created all things

this scripture i could not find ,you must have made this up in you mind only ,so not true ,if not true it is a lie,

Pierre

Lightenup
    Participant

Pierre,
    Actually it seems that Jesus was the King even when He was just born.
    Matt 2:2
    “Where is He who has been born King of the Jews ? For we saw His star in the east and have come to worship Him.

Psalm 145:13
    Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, And Your dominion endures throughout all generations.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ July 02 2011,13:10)
    Pierre,
    Actually it seems that Jesus was the King even when He was just born.
    Matt 2:2
    “Where is He who has been born King of the Jews ? For we saw His star in the east and have come to worship Him.

Psalm 145:13
    Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, And Your dominion endures throughout all generations.

Kathi

As the offspring of David, He received His kingdom when He was resurrected

so you have now corrected this view with your last comment,

thank you

Pierre

Lightenup
    Participant

Pierre,
    If He has always been a king, then He would already be a king when He became flesh and was born. As the offspring of David, I still believe that He received the kingdom promised to David after His resurrection.
    So my view remains.

Kathi

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ July 02 2011,01:25)

Quote (Ed J @ June 30 2011,20:29)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ July 01 2011,10:52)
    Ed

But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel”: 2 Tim 1:10

It is real simple, is Jesus your Savior or not?

WJ

Hi WJ,

Of course!  …what a great salvation our savior Jesus Christ has wrought for us!

Ed

Thanks for answering. Then if Jesus is your “Savior” and he is not “One God” with the Father and “One Savior” with the Father then that means you have 2 saviors.

So how does your answer agree with this quote you made…

And He is “The Savior” to all who walk the ground! “JEHOVAH GOD”; and there is ‘NO’ other! (Isaiah 43:11)

WJ

Hi WJ,

You clipped the answer to that question, and then ask it as if I didn't already address your point.  
           … please read it this time and fell free to comment on this “Bible Truth”(117).

Jesus’ authentic Name [יהשוע] YÄ-shü-ă has a direct connection to GOD’s name [יה]
    in that YÄ is the first part of Jesus’ “REAL” name. GOD’s name (YÄ) is not vocalized in
    the English translation of the name Jesus and therefore misses the precise exactness
    and direct authentic connection to God’s Hebrew name [יה] YÄ. Jesus’ Name in Hebrew
    יהשוע means: (“YÄ is salvation” [יה]+[ישע]=[יהשוע]) the salvation of [GOD the Father=117].
    [יהשוע] “Jesus” REAL name authentically establishes [יהוה] “JEHOVAH” as the highest Name. (Psalm 83:18)

(Phil. 2:9,11: Wherefore [Holy Spirit] has highly exalted [Jesus] giving Him a name which
    is above every name, to the glory of [GOD The Father=117].) Neither is there salvation
    in any other name
    : for there is no other name given among men (יהשוע), whereby we must
    be saved. (Acts 4:12) People speaking fluent Hebrew know that in essence, [יהשוע] YÄ-shü-ă
    means: “YÄ is Savior”. The Name of [GOD=26] is [יהוה=26] spoken as [YÄ=26]; and “YÄ-hä-vā”!

“The Savior”=117 is “GOD The Father”=117, (117=”יהוה האלהים” YÄ-hä-vā hä ĔL- ō-Hêêm)!
    And He is “The Savior” to all who walk the ground! “JEHOVAH GOD”; and there is ‘NO’ other! (Isaiah 43:11)

Your brother
    in Christ, Jesus.
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ July 02 2011,18:02)
    Pierre,
    If He has always been a king, then He would already be a king when He became flesh and was born.  As the offspring of David, I still believe that He received the kingdom promised to David after His resurrection.
    So my view remains.

Kathi

Kathi

IF ? :D :D :D :laugh:

Lightenup
    Participant

Pierre,
    The 'if' was to help you reason it out, not because I doubt that He always was a king.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ July 02 2011,18:31)
    Pierre,
    The 'if' was to help you reason it out, not because I doubt that He always was a king.

Kathi

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: not because I doubt :laugh:

is this mean that it is the truth in scriptures ?

Lightenup
    Participant

Pierre,
    Look at the scriptures that I have given you and you can read truth.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ July 03 2011,05:05)
    Pierre,
    Look at the scriptures that I have given you and you can read truth.

Kathi

you quoted;Pierre,
    Hebrews 1:8

But of the Son He says, “YOUR THRONE, O GOD, IS FOREVER AND EVER, AND THE RIGHTEOUS SCEPTER IS THE SCEPTER OF HIS KINGDOM.

Matt 28:18
    And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.

As for the Son as the 'root of David,' He has always been in unity with the Father as Jehovah our God. So when did Jehovah ever not have a kingdom. He created all things.

Kathi

but those scriptures does not support what you are saying.

so the “IF” and ” not because I doubt “are in your mind

that scripture just says that when is kingdom will start it will not fade away,but stay forever.
    and also shows the qualities of his power and rules

Pierre

Pierre

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ June 30 2011,21:37)
    1 Chronicles 17
    7 “Now then, tell my servant David, ‘This is what the LORD Almighty says…………..

11 When your days are over and you go to be with your fathers, I will raise up your offspring to succeed you, one of your own sons, and I will establish his kingdom.

13 I will be his father, and he will be my son.

14 I will set him over my house and my kingdom forever; his throne will be established forever.’”

This is about the offspring of David, not the 'root' of David. You must feel like you are sinking to even try that, Mike.

So that passage is NOT a Messianic prophecy, Kathi? ???

Lightenup
    Participant

Mike,
    Yes it is a Messianic prophecy. According to His humanity He became king after His resurrection, as I understand it. According to His divinity He was always in authority with His Father in the kingdom of God, as the Son, from the beginning of creation.

Rev 3 14
    “To the angel of the church in Laodicea write: These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God's creation.

Lightenup
    Participant

Pierre,
    Do you think that God the Father was always the authority over all things? Do you think that the creator would have a king over Him, ever? Do you think that the kingdom of God did not exist till after Jesus was born of Mary?

Thanks in advance for answering,
    Kathi

shimmer
    Participant

Kathi,

Do you believe that you can now, through Jesus, go directly to the Father?

Do you believe that what Christ did, was tear down the dividing wall?

Do you believe that when you go to the Father in prayer, and address the Father as the Father, that Jesus is in you? Or is Jesus not?

Is Jesus out there – someone you pray TO? Or is Jesus in you – someone you pray THROUGH?

I have just remembered this, and I thank God the Father through Jesus the son for recalling this to me.

No need to discuss, just felt to say it.

terraricca
    Participant

Kathi

Pierre,
    Do you think that God the Father was always the authority over all things? Do you think that the creator would have a king over Him, ever? Do you think that the kingdom of God did not exist till after Jesus was born of Mary?

Thanks in advance for answering,
    Kathi

1)Do you think that God the Father was always the authority over all things?YES

2) Do you think that the creator would have a king over Him, ever? 1 and 2 are the same being so the question is already answered,Father and creator same person .

3)Do you think that the kingdom of God did not exist till after Jesus was born of Mary?are you not confusing God kingdom and Christ kingdom ?

think and see

Pierre

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ July 02 2011,13:28)
    Mike,
    Yes it is a Messianic prophecy.  According to His humanity He became king after His resurrection, as I understand it.  According to His divinity He was always in authority with His Father in the kingdom of God, as the Son, from the beginning of creation.

Rev 3 14
    “To the angel of the church in Laodicea write: These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God's creation.

So if it IS a Messianic prophecy, then it WAS God Almighty speaking of His Son who will rule from the throne of David forever, right? So if God Almighty's SON is Jesus, then the Father MUST be “God Almighty” all by Himself.

Btw, WHOSE creation is Jesus the ruler/beginning of? :)

Quote (Ed J @ July 01 2011,19:09)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ July 02 2011,01:25)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ July 01 2011,10:52)
    Ed

But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel”: 2 Tim 1:10

It is real simple, is Jesus your Savior or not?

WJ

Hi WJ,

Of course!  …what a great salvation our savior Jesus Christ has wrought for us!

Ed

Thanks for answering. Then if Jesus is your “Savior” and he is not “One God” with the Father and “One Savior” with the Father then that means you have 2 saviors.

So how does your answer agree with this quote you made…

WJ

Hi WJ,

You clipped the answer to that question, and then ask it as if I didn't already address your point.  
           … please read it this time and fell free to comment on this “Bible Truth”(117).

Ed

I didn't clip anything but your answer to my big bolded question that “Jesus is your savior” yet you claim the Father is “The Savior”. Read your own post for it is clear to see by all that you are claiming you have 2 saviors!

Didn't you say this…

Quote (Ed J @ June 27 2011,16:56)
    “God The Father” (JEHOVAH) is “The Savior”(=117) and “The Owner”.
    Jesus (יהשוע: YÄ-shü-ă) is God's Son, owner and savior.

So by your own words you claim…

Jehovah is “The Savior” and “The Owner”.

Then you claim…

Jesus is “owner” and “savior”.

Yet you contradict yourself when you say…

WJ

Hi All

When is t8, and David going to answer this question?

Tell me t8, and David, does everything come to you from Jesus own hands or not?

I wonder if they will get any tiles? :)

WJ

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Hi Keith,

Happy 4th to you. I don't believe you've asked me your question, but I have many saviors. None of them, including Jesus, would have been able to save me apart from God though.

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 582 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account