Titus 2:13, 14 Proof that Jesus is The Saviour!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 582 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ June 28 2011,05:37)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ June 28 2011,05:12)
    How many Saviors do you have ED?

WJ

Hi WJ,

Did you not read my Post?   …ONE! (See Isaiah 45:21)

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Bump for T8

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ June 28 2011,06:15)
    There is no mention of the Father here…words like “WHO GAVE HIMSELF”, ”That HE” might redeem us from all iniquity, and ”purify UNTO HIMSELF clearly contradicts your agency claim.

WJ

Wake up WJ.

When we do the will of God and God says to give our self and we do that, we still choose to give our self do we not.

Back to the drawing board please.

BTW, there was no mention of Batman either, so what does that prove?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ June 26 2011,21:25)
    Mike,
    You question is misleading because you are acting like one part of the sentence that Paul says is the only part.  When you use the complete thought of Paul's which includes the one Lord part, then I will answer your question.

Good night and sweet dreams Mike,
    Kathi

Let's compare two scriptures side by side:
    John 17:3
    Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

In John 17:3, Jesus refers to THE FATHER as “the only true God”.  He refers to himself as a “christ”, or “one who has been anointed BY that ONLY true God”.  And he refers to himself as one sent BY that ONLY true God.

Let's test your common sense for a minute:
    Kathi, do you understand that the one who is SENT is someone OTHER THAN and LESSOR TO the one who SENDS?

Do you understand that the one who is ANOINTED is someone OTHER THAN and LESSOR TO the one who ANOINTS?

Do you understand that the one who calls another “the ONLY true God” is someone OTHER THAN and LESSOR TO the one he calls “the ONLY true God”?

I assume you answered “YES” to all of the above.  If not, then your are purposely ignoring clear logic to further your own doctrine.  And you wouldn't do that, right?  So, since we KNOW your answers are “YES”, we also KNOW that it is clear to you that in John 17:3, Jesus CLEARLY refers to himself as someone OTHER THAN and LESSOR TO his own God – who he later tells us is also OUR God.

Now, since scripture cannot be broken, do you suppose Paul is referring to two EQUAL Gods in the following………….
    6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.
    …………………or do you suppose the words “FROM” and “THROUGH” distinguish only ONE of them as our “ONE God”, and the other one as someone OTHER THAN and LESSOR TO our “ONE God”?

Before you decide, remember the “YES” answers you gave above.  And compare the two scriptures side by side.  Notice how the chain of command that is established in 17:3 is reinforced in 8:6.  Also take into consideration one last scripture:
    Acts 2:36
    “Therefore let all Israel be assured of this: God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ.”

Kathi, who do you assume the “God” is in the scripture above?  Do you assume that “God” is EQUAL TO the “Lord” mentioned?  Of course you will say “the Spirit of Truth leads me to believe this”.  But leaving your so-called “Spirit of Truth” out of it, doesn't your own common sense and logic tell you that the one who IS MADE Lord is someone OTHER THAN and LESSOR TO the one who MAKES him Lord?  If not, it should.

Kathi, the One who Jesus calls “the only true God” and Paul calls our “one God” is the One who MADE Jesus our Lord.  He was not always our Lord, for we knew him not.  But our God and his God – the only true God – EXALTED him and gave him the name above all names along with the name “Lord of lords and King of kings”.

If you are unable (or unwilling) to see the very clear chain of command from our GOD to our Lord to us, then what can I say to MAKE you see it?  I can only lead you to the truth…………..I can't make you drink it in.

peace and love,
    mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ June 27 2011,09:55)
    But the scriptures never say “They are our saviors or they are our theos/gods”, do they?

Hi Keith,

Moses saved Israel from Pharaoh, right?  King Saul saved Israel out of the hands of the Philistines, right?  Deborah and Barak saved Israel from Sisera of Canaan, right?

Yet we all know that APART FROM YHWH, not one of these people could have saved even a hair on their own heads, right?  So we all understand that when it is said in Judges 3:31 that Shamgar SAVED Israel, it was really GOD doing the saving THROUGH Shamgar, right?

This is nothing more than the “Exception for Jesus” ploy you guys use.  You can clearly understand that when David SAVED the people of Keilah, (1 Samuel 23:5) it was God who saved them THROUGH David.  But for personal reasons, you can't understand that when Jesus SAVED us, it was really God who saved us THROUGH Jesus.

Isaiah 19:20
    It will be a sign and witness to the LORD Almighty in the land of Egypt. When they cry out to the LORD because of their oppressors, he will send them a savior and defender, and he will rescue them.

Only ONE person mentioned in this scripture is “Jehovah Almighty”.  And Jehovah Almighty sent someone OTHER THAN Himself as a savior.  Some speculate this savior was Alexander the Great. Others think it was the angel of God who wiped out 185,000 Assyrians. Both Gill and Wesley think it refers to Christ.  

Here's the test Keith.  If you think it is Alexander, you will without a doubt understand that he is someone OTHER THAN God who was sent BY God as a savior.  If you think it was the angel who wiped out 185,000 Assyrians, you will without a doubt understand that this angel is someone OTHER THAN God who was sent BY God as a savior.  BUT………………if you think it was Christ, only THEN will you NOT think it was someone OTHER THAN God who was sent BY God as a savior.

Keith, I hope this gives you an opportunity to see yourself through our unblinded eyes.  Because everything I said in bold above is the God's honest truth about how you understand scriptures.  If David and God are called “good”, then David is NOT God Almighty.  But if Jesus and God are called “good”, then all of a sudden Jesus must BE God Almighty.  Can you not even see that you do this?  ???

Now, you are doing the same thing with this “savior” business.  All you need to understand is that the one sent is someone OTHER THAN and LESSOR TO the one who sent him.  And we all know that GOD is the ONE who so loved the world that he SENT his only begotten Son as a savior.

The one sent BY God is not the God who sent him.

peace,
    mike

david
    Participant

“There is actually to us one God the Father,” and “there is one Lord, Jesus Christ.”—1 Corinthians 8:5, 6.

Despite being told there is 'one lord' we know that both God and Jesus are referred tp as Lord, as are many others in the Bible, to whom the word applies.

Can both be Lords?
    Can both be saviors?

Well, the Bible says there is only one lord. (It also calls many other's Lord–“Lord” is just a word that means “master.”)

A savior is someone who saved in some way. Jehovah saved Israel. Jehovah saved mankind THROUGH JESUS. Jesus saved mankind by ransoming his life. And others in the Bible saved others, and are called “saviors.”

Words have meaning. They aren't always titles. Words can be applied to more than one individual despite for example the Bible saying there is “one Lord.”

Quote (t8 @ June 27 2011,17:35)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ June 28 2011,05:12)
    How many Saviors do you have ED?

WJ

You have three.

The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

How many do you have EdJ?
    Can you beat WJ?

t8

That is a lie! My God and Savior are One. Because the truth of the scriptures are “They are our Savior and our “theos/god”, and not our saviors or gods because you cannot have one without the other.

It is you that claims the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit are not One God or One Savior.

WJ

Quote (t8 @ June 27 2011,17:38)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ June 28 2011,08:47)
    Do we? Do you believe Jesus is “One God” with the Father and the Holy Spirit?

Is your “God” the Father, Jesus and the Holy Spirit?

WJ

Interpretation:

Do we believe that God is triune as Athanasius of Alexandra taught, or that there is one God the Father like Paul of Tarsus taught?

t8

Of course you don't believe they are One.

You are a Henotheist or a Polytheist who believes in and serves more than “One god/theos”, remember you said with your own words…

Quote (t8 @ June 14 2011,17:49)
    Actually I believe that Jesus is theos/god.

:p

WJ

Quote (t8 @ June 27 2011,17:39)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ June 28 2011,06:46)

Quote (Ed J @ June 27 2011,14:27)
    You should not try to separate God from Jesus Christ.

Exactly!

Our God and Savior is the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit because you cannot have the one without the other!

WJ

That is three saviours.

Don't forget your English plurals when talking about your saviours WJ.

t8

It is you that should not forget the plurals when you say you have one God and Savior, because the facts are you claim to have many saviors and many theos/gods.

These are your words…

Quote (t8 @ June 14 2011,17:49)
    Actually I believe that Jesus is theos/god.

And…

Quote (t8 @ June 23 2011,18:19)
    Agencies = Jesus who died for me, the evangelist who led me to faith, angels who save me from calamities.

So remember when you say “My theos/god is my savior, you should say “My theos/gods are my saviors since you believe Jesus and the Father are theos/gods and Jesus is “a savior” and not “The Savior”.

The truth has finally come out that you believe in and serve more than “One theos/god and One savior which is contrary to what the scriptures teach.

WJ

Quote (t8 @ June 27 2011,17:43)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ June 28 2011,06:15)
    There is no mention of the Father here…words like “WHO GAVE HIMSELF”, ”That HE” might redeem us from all iniquity, and ”purify UNTO HIMSELF clearly contradicts your agency claim.

WJ

Wake up WJ.

When we do the will of God and God says to give our self and we do that, we still choose to give our self do we not.

t8 And your point is….?

How many souls can a man save by giving his life and blood for them?

How many souls can a man give eternal life too by giving his life and blood for them?

How many souls can a man save by his “own” power, life and blood?

Once again, your point is…? ???

This is pitiful the extent that you guys will go to protect your unsriptural, false doctrine that there is more than one God and one Savior.

WJ

Quote (Lightenup @ June 26 2011,22:25)
    Mike,
    You question is misleading because you are acting like one part of the sentence that Paul says is the only part.  When you use the complete thought of Paul's which includes the one Lord part, then I will answer your question.

Kathi

Hi Kathi

True! :)

WJ

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ June 29 2011,09:46)

Quote (Lightenup @ June 26 2011,22:25)
    Mike,

Kathi

Hi Kathi

True!  :)

WJ

WJ

I can see better now ,Kathi does not know what the Holy spirit is but recommended to others quite freely,you believe it is the third person of you triad ,and so should be a being ,and you also claim to have a part of that being in you,

so you must be one with your God and his son ,so that they are no longer a triad but lots more ,many believe like you,

you carefully avoid answering true questions about your reasoning but no answer so is MIKE question about God and son ,that you refuse to answer knitting your way around it ,

but you know that scriptures do not support a triad of gods even if you putting all of them in wine,water ,liquor,or just bear,they will never become ONE ,

one atom as one nucleus,two atoms are two nucleus,tree atoms are tree nucleus ,even put together there still will be tree atoms and tree separated nucleus,

your theory is not adding up ,it is slimy,untrue,not scriptural

that simple.

Pierre

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 27 2011,23:14)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ June 27 2011,09:55)
    But the scriptures never say “They are our saviors or they are our theos/gods”, do they?

Hi Keith,

Moses saved Israel from Pharaoh, right?  King Saul saved Israel out of the hands of the Philistines, right?  Deborah and Barak saved Israel from Sisera of Canaan, right?

Mike

Of course! But we do not live in the OT dispensation do we?

We have a “New Covenant” that was paid for with Jesus own “Life, Blood, and Power”. Jesus is the “Life” and gives us eternal life. Remember Jesus is “God with us” (Emmanuel) who would save “HIS” people from their sins!

Did you hear that…

Jesus is the “Life” and gives us eternal life and he is “God with us” (Emmanuel) who would save “HIS” people from their sins!

Were any of those “saviors” or agents of YHVH the “Source” of eternal life and the source of all things to the creation?

Did or could any of those agents with their “OWN” life, blood and power save anyone from their sins and give them eternal life?

Did Moses save the people by “purifying them unto Himself”?

while we wait for the blessed hope—the glorious appearing of “our great God and Savior”, Jesus Christ, WHO GAVE HIMSELF for us, that THAT HE might redeem us from all iniquity, and ”purify UNTO HIMSELF a peculiar people, zealous of good works”. Tit 2:13, 14

The rest of your post is making the same ole tired and weak argument that Jesus like the others is “a savior” by proxy!

This is the problem with the blind and dark agency theory that the Henotheist and Polytheist make by contradicting the scriptural fact that Jesus is not “The Savior” by proxy but by his OWN Blood, life and power and not only that but “HE”, Jesus saved us and purified us “UNTO HIMSELF” which would be a blasphemous statement by Paul if he did not believe Jesus was God the Savior!

Read it and weep…

while we wait for the blessed hope—the glorious appearing of “our great God and Savior”, Jesus Christ, WHO GAVE HIMSELF for us, that THAT HE might redeem us from all iniquity, and ”purify UNTO HIMSELF a peculiar people, zealous of good works”. Tit 2:13, 14

You didn't answer the question  Mike…

Does everything come to you from Jesus own hands or not?

If so, then that means he is your God and Savior and if not then I don't know what he is to you except another Jesus that the Bible does not teach!

WJ

Quote (terraricca @ June 28 2011,11:14)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ June 29 2011,09:46)

Lightenup,June wrote:

Mike,

Kathi

Hi Kathi

True!  :)

WJ

you carefully avoid answering true questions about your reasoning but no answer so is MIKE question about God and son ,that you refuse to answer knitting your way around it ,…

Ha Ha Peirre

You sure have learned from the rest by posting ad-hominems and false accusations rather than addressing the facts.

you carefully avoid answering true questions about your reasoning but no answer so is MIKE question about God and son ,that you refuse to answer knitting your way around it ,…

Talk about answering questions, why didn't you answer this one….???

How many Saviors do you have Peirre?

WJ

Hi ALL

Maybe I should create an “Anti-Jesus is The Savior fallacies” thread. Since many of the Henotheist and Polytheist believe Jesus is “a savior” by proxy!  :)

WJ

Lightenup
    Participant

I agree with that post to Mike, Keith (your other posts on this page as well).  

We can trust Jesus with EVERYTHING can't we Keith, even creepy people!  Don't lose heart.

Acts 20:28 Keep watch over yourselves and all the flock of which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers. Be shepherds of the church of God, which he bought with his own blood.

1 Cor 6:20 For you have been bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body.

God=Jesus in these verses, not God the Father.

Blessings,
    Kathi

terraricca
    Participant

WJ

WJ

I HAVE ONLY ONE GOD WHO IS NOT A MULTY ENTITY AND HE IS MY ONLY SAVIOR

NOW ANSWER THIS ;the one who create is one and the one who is created is another ,right?yes or no

Pierre

Quote (terraricca @ June 28 2011,13:28)
    WJ

WJ

I HAVE ONLY ONE GOD WHO IS NOT A MULTY ENTITY AND HE IS MY ONLY SAVIOR

NOW ANSWER THIS ;the one who create is one and the one who is created is another ,right?yes or no

Pierre

Peirre

Thanks for your answer. So I am assuming when you say God is your “Only Savior” then to you that means the Father.

So that must mean Jesus is not your Savior. That is very telling.

Quote (terraricca @ June 28 2011,13:28)

Absolutely YES! And since nothing came into being without Jesus and by him all things consist then that means he is our creator! :p

WJ

Quote (Lightenup @ June 28 2011,12:26)
    I agree with that post to Mike, Keith (your other posts on this page as well).  

We can trust Jesus with EVERYTHING can't we Keith, even creepy people!  Don't lose heart.

Acts 20:28 Keep watch over yourselves and all the flock of which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers. Be shepherds of the church of God, which he bought with his own blood.

1 Cor 6:20 For you have been bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body.

God=Jesus in these verses, not God the Father.

Blessings,
    Kathi

Thanks again Kathi

Good points!

Blessings!

WJ

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 27 2011,22:24)

Quote (Lightenup @ June 26 2011,21:25)
    Mike,

Kathi

Let's compare two scriptures side by side:
    Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

In John 17:3, Jesus refers to THE FATHER as “the only true God”.  He refers to himself as a “christ”, or “one who has been anointed BY that ONLY true God”.  And he refers to himself as one sent BY that ONLY true God.

Kathi, do you understand that the one who is SENT is someone OTHER THAN and LESSOR TO the one who SENDS?

Do you understand that the one who is ANOINTED is someone OTHER THAN and LESSOR TO the one who ANOINTS?

Do you understand that the one who calls another “the ONLY true God” is someone OTHER THAN and LESSOR TO the one he calls “the ONLY true God”?

I assume you answered “YES” to all of the above.  If not, then your are purposely ignoring clear logic to further your own doctrine.  And you wouldn't do that, right?  So, since we KNOW your answers are “YES”, we also KNOW that it is clear to you that in John 17:3, Jesus CLEARLY refers to himself as someone OTHER THAN and LESSOR TO his own God – who he later tells us is also OUR God.

Now, since scripture cannot be broken, do you suppose Paul is referring to two EQUAL Gods in the following………….
    6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.
    …………………or do you suppose the words “FROM” and “THROUGH” distinguish only ONE of them as our “ONE God”, and the other one as someone OTHER THAN and LESSOR TO our “ONE God”?

Before you decide, remember the “YES” answers you gave above.  And compare the two scriptures side by side.  Notice how the chain of command that is established in 17:3 is reinforced in 8:6.  Also take into consideration one last scripture:
    Acts 2:36
    “Therefore let all Israel be assured of this: God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ.”

Kathi, who do you assume the “God” is in the scripture above?  Do you assume that “God” is EQUAL TO the “Lord” mentioned?  Of course you will say “the Spirit of Truth leads me to believe this”.  But leaving your so-called “Spirit of Truth” out of it, doesn't your own common sense and logic tell you that the one who IS MADE Lord is someone OTHER THAN and LESSOR TO the one who MAKES him Lord?  If not, it should.

Kathi, the One who Jesus calls “the only true God” and Paul calls our “one God” is the One who MADE Jesus our Lord.  He was not always our Lord, for we knew him not.  But our God and his God – the only true God – EXALTED him and gave him the name above all names along with the name “Lord of lords and King of kings”.

If you are unable (or unwilling) to see the very clear chain of command from our GOD to our Lord to us, then what can I say to MAKE you see it?  I can only lead you to the truth…………..I can't make you drink it in.

peace and love,
    mike

Mike old buddy…lots of questions here.  Have you enjoyed your conversation with yourself :)  Let's see what I actually have to say, ok.

When Jesus speaks about the only true God, He is not comparing the Father to Himself.  He is comparing His Father to the pagan gods of the world.  Jesus knows better than all of us who God the Father is, He is a God that encompasses Himself with His Son and their Spirit.  Some think they know God but without knowing the Christ, they do not truly know God in His fullness and in truth.  If you do not know the Almighty God as being the Father-the mighty God, with the Son-the mighty God, and their Spirit, then you do not know the Father in truth nor can you worship Him in truth.

Lessor in what way?  I have sent my husband to the store to get some milk, does that mean that I am greater than my husband?

Lessor in what way?  Samuel anointed David and they were both equally men were they not?

Jesus is someone other than His Father who He referred to as the only true God.  He was comparing Him with the pagan gods.  To know the only true God the Father would be to know that He is who He is as the almighty God which is the Father with the Son who is a mighty God and their Spirit.

Almighty God, our Father = The Father who is a mighty God + The Son who is a mighty God + their Spirit

Sorry, wrong assumption.  See my comments.

Now, since scripture cannot be broken, do you suppos
    e Paul is referring to two EQUAL Gods in the following………….

He is referring to two that are for us as deity.

No, I don't think he is making a distinction of one greater than the other but he is making a distinction of persons and their roles as deity to us.

“Therefore let all Israel be assured of this: God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ.”[/color]

Well He was always Lord according to His divine nature, and He was exalted as Lord according to His human nature and was made Christ according to the eternal covenant of grace.  Israel did not think that God was behind who He was or they would not have crucified Him.

I would say that the one referred to as God and the one referred to as Lord are two different persons and as one is a Father to the other, in that respect, the Father is greater, but I believe they are equally a mighty God by nature.

According to His humanity that is true but He has always been Lord of lords and king of kings along with His Father, according to His divinity.

The chain of command as you say, is because one is the Father and one is the Son.  The Son is the perfect Son…He is the wisdom and power of God, not as a puppet does He give us God's word but as a perfect Son, wise and powerful in His own nature which He has in common with His Father.

Think about this for a minute…Consider a father and son team where both were equally wise and powerful and the son respected and agreed with his father in everything (because the son was wise not because the son was just a follower).

Did the Son of God go along with whatever the Father had Him say and do because the Son was a weak being and a yes man, or did the Son go along with whatever the Father had Him say and do because He was wise and powerful enough to carry it out know it was the best decision to make?

Please answer that last question Mike.  
    Thanks!
    Kathi

Pastry
    Participant

Kathy! And Keith for that matter! Jesus is our Savior. But who is it that raised Him from the death?

Tts 2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

These Scripture speaks of both God AND our Savior Jesus Christ. They are not the same….

1Cr 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman [is] the man; and the head of Christ [is] God.

Peace Irene

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 582 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account