Titus 2:13, 14 Proof that Jesus is The Saviour!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 421 through 440 (of 582 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 08 2011,02:49)

Quote (seekingtruth @ Aug. 07 2011,05:21)
    once I have laid out my argument as best I can and an opponent is asking further questions, not to understand, but for ammunition to formulate a response, it has gone far enough.

I disagree.  You can ask me as many questions in as many different ways as you would like to.  

mike

Hi Mike,

Does the offer YOU give Wm, apply to me as well?
    If it does, then kindly answer my questions A and B!

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 07 2011,12:35)
    You have now detached saviors from gods, as YOU should!

Now you are in a place to accept the truth of the matter Ed.

If God is the ONLY savior, yet there are OTHER saviors, then God being the ONLY savior is emphatical, and NOT LITERAL.  

On this we agree.

So, in the very same scripture, using the very same wording, how would ONLY savior NOT be taken literally, while ONLY god IS?  ???

I don't need to “detach” savior from god, Ed.  Because the principle involved is the same for both words.  Jehovah is NOT LITERALLY the only god in existence, for Satan and Jesus (among others) are also gods.

God cannot be the God OF gods if there are no other gods for Him to be the God OF?  Can you not understand that very simple fact, Ed?

Hit me up when you can, okay?

Later,
    mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Ed,

The answer to both of your questions is “YES”.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 08 2011,06:00)

Now you are in a place to accept the truth of the matter Ed.

If God is the ONLY savior, yet there are OTHER saviors, then God being the ONLY savior is emphatical, and NOT LITERAL.  

On this we agree.

So, in the very same scripture, using the very same wording, how would ONLY savior NOT be taken literally, while ONLY god IS?  ???

I don't need to “detach” savior from god, Ed.  Because the principle involved is the same for both words.  (1)Jehovah is NOT LITERALLY the only god in existence, (2)for Satan and Jesus (among others) are also gods.

(3)God cannot be the God OF gods if there are no other gods for Him to be the God OF?  Can you not understand that very simple fact, Ed?

(4)Hit me up when you can, okay?

Later,
    mike

Hi Mike,

Is this a deliberate 'twisting' of what I said?   …gods to God?

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 08 2011,06:00)
    I don't need to “detach” savior from god, Ed.  

1) How does YOUR belief in gods square up with 2 Kings 5:15?
    Also, explain how YOUR belief squares with Isaiah 44:6? Are these Scriptures not to be taken literally?
    Behold, now I know that there is no God in all the earth, but in Israel. (2 Kings 5:15) Beside me(YHVH) there is no God. (Isaiah 44:6)

2) Spin.

3) Please read my (pre-addressed) reply… (Link) <– Second post
    4) I already have… (Link) <– Second post

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 08 2011,06:01)

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 08 2011,05:01)

A. Do the 'owners' in this world consider YHVH to be their “OWNER”?
    B. Do the (so called) god's of this world consider YHVH to be their “GOD”?

Ed,

The answer to both of your questions is “YES”.

Hi Mike,

A. Do store owners consider YHVH to be their “Owner”?
    B. Does satan consider YHVH to be his “God”?

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (princess @ Aug. 07 2011,08:21)

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 05 2011,02:03)
    I agree Jack,
    The adopted sons, although equally part of the family, will never be exactly like the 'biological' son, even as much as t8 would like to make it appear so.

Kathi

Well, now we know why the screen for children to be adopted
    and just don't hand them over to anyone.

Really, you need to talk to some parents that have adopted and the children they have adopted, to them there is no difference, further, ask a brother or sister of one that has been adopted. One that speaks of unity, can surely divide quickly.

So the child that ask for bread will be given fish?

hmmm…Proverbs was written for such times as these.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 07 2011,13:24)
    How does YOUR belief in gods square up with 2 Kings 5:15?
    Also, explain how YOUR belief squares with Isaiah 44:6? Are these Scriptures not to be taken literally?
    Behold, now I know that there is no God in all the earth, but in Israel. (2 Kings 5:15) Beside me(YHVH) there is no God. (Isaiah 44:6)

How does YOUR belief in OTHER SAVIORS square up with Hosea 13:4?

Take whatever answer you will give to THAT question, and apply it also to “gods”, okay? That will be the end of it.

Ed, WHO ARE the “gods” that Jehovah is the God OF? Name a couple of them for me, please.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 07 2011,13:29)
    A. Do store owners consider YHVH to be their “Owner”?
    B. Does satan consider YHVH to be his “God”?

A. It varies. But whether or not they consider YHWH to be their “Owner”, He is nonetheless.

B. Absolutely.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 08 2011,07:26)

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 07 2011,13:24)
    How does YOUR belief in gods square up with 2 Kings 5:15?

(1)How does YOUR belief in OTHER SAVIORS square up with Hosea 13:4?

(2)Take whatever answer you will give to THAT question, and apply it also to “gods”, okay?  That will be the end of it.

(3)Ed, WHO ARE the “gods” that Jehovah is the God OF?  Name a couple of them for me, please.

Hi Mike,

I the LORD thy God from the land of Egypt, and thou shalt know no god but me: for there is no savior beside me. (Hosea 13:4)

1. God is “The Savior”, who sent those who he chose to do the saving with.
    2. God is “The God”, who sent those who he chose to do the gods with?

I don't see how my answer about God sending saviors can be applied to gods?
    Please explain how my answer about God sending saviors can be applied to gods?

3. Not gods, but God's; God is God over what is God's. (Link)

God bless

princess
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 08 2011,06:51)

Quote (princess @ Aug. 07 2011,08:21)

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 05 2011,02:03)
    I agree Jack,
    The adopted sons, although equally part of the family, will never be exactly like the 'biological' son, even as much as t8 would like to make it appear so.

Kathi

Well, now we know why the screen for children to be adopted
    and just don't hand them over to anyone.

Really, you need to talk to some parents that have adopted and the children they have adopted, to them there is no difference, further, ask a brother or sister of one that has been adopted. One that speaks of unity, can surely divide quickly.

So the child that ask for bread will be given fish?

hmmm…Proverbs was written for such times as these.

Try another approach Kathi, the tactic of making yourself wise in your own eyes and trying to convince everyone else to is getting to be quite the bore.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 08 2011,07:27)

Does satan consider YHVH to be his “God”?

Absolutely.

Hi Mike,

If satan considers YHVH to be his God, then why does he oppose YHVH?

God bless

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 07 2011,14:48)

2. God is “The God”, who sent those who he chose to do the gods with?

I don't understand your English here.  Could you put this thought into other words?

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 07 2011,14:48)

3. Not gods, but God's; God is God over what is God's.

OOOOHHHHHHH!  Now why in the world wouldn't you just say, “Mike, I don't think it means 'gods', as in more than one god.  I think it means 'God's', as in a possessions OF God”?

Why talk in puzzles and cause me to be frustrated?  Speak plainly to me from now on, please.

Now that I know what you are saying, I can respond.  This would be easy enough to find out, Ed.  For instance, when Moses speaks of God passing judgement on the “gods” of other nations, I don't think “God's” will work out too well.

But just to be sure, we can always check the LXX of any scripture in which you think it means “God's”.  Because in the Greek, if they wanted to say “God's”, the word will be in the genetive form, indicating “of God”.

Now……………if you are wrong, how then will you answer my question?  Will you then be able to tell me who the gods are that God is the God OF?

peace,
    mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 07 2011,15:16)

Absolutely.

Hi Mike,

God bless
    Ed J

I can't answer the question of “why”, Ed.  But read Job 1:9-10 to find out that Satan DOES recognize Jehovah as “God”.

And if you need me to, I could find you quite a few scriptures that teach us that God created EVERYTHING in heaven and on earth, and that He is the God of all those creations and that everything belongs to Him.

Do you need me to do that?

peace,
    mike

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 08 2011,15:16)

Absolutely.

Hi Mike,

God bless

edj

[/QUOTE]

the answer is yes,but does not make him to be subdue to his God ,did he not rebel ?

Jas 2:19 You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder

Job 1:6 One day the angels came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came with them.
    Job 1:7 The LORD said to Satan, “Where have you come from?”

so to them is just the time for God s wrath,

Pierre

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Good use of James 2:19, Pierre! :)

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 08 2011,20:01)
    Good use of James 2:19, Pierre!  :)

:) :)

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 08 2011,13:01)

But a very poor use of Job 1:6. The “angels” translation is apostate for dure. It says that the sons of God (the godly line of Seth) came to present themselves before the Lord and that an ADVERSARY (A MAN) came in also among them.”

Maybe a thumbs up on James 2:19. But a BIG thumbs down on Job 1:6.

KJ

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Kangaroo Jack @ Aug. 10 2011,09:34)

But a very poor use of Job 1:6. The “angels” translation is apostate for dure. It says that the sons of God (the godly line of Seth) came to present themselves before the Lord and that an ADVERSARY (A MAN) came in also among them.”

KJ

KJ

this is from Netbible;
    1:6 Now the day came when 33 the sons of God 34 came to present themselves before 35 the Lord – and Satan 36 also arrived among them. 1:7 The Lord said to Satan, “Where have you come from?” 37 And Satan answered the Lord, 38 “From roving about 39 on the earth, and from walking back and forth across it.” 40 1:8 So the Lord said to Satan, “Have you considered 41 my servant Job? There 42 is no one like him on the earth, a pure and upright man, one who fears God and turns away 43 from evil.”
    1:9 Then Satan answered the Lord, “Is it for nothing that Job fears God? 44 1:10 Have you 45 not made a hedge 46 around him and his household and all that he has on every side? You have blessed 47 the work of his hands, and his livestock 48 have increased 49 in the land. 1:11 But 50 extend your hand and strike 51 everything he has, and he will no doubt 52 curse you 53 to your face!”
    1:12 So the Lord said to Satan, “All right then, 54 everything he has is 55 in your power. 56 Only do not extend your hand against the man himself!” 57 So Satan went out 58 from the presence of the Lord. 59

you must have your own bible version ho big one

Pierre

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 10 2011,03:52)

KJ

KJ

this is from Netbible;
    1:6 Now the day came when 33  the sons of God 34  came to present themselves before 35  the Lord – and Satan 36  also arrived among them. 1:7 The Lord said to Satan, “Where have you come from?” 37  And Satan answered the Lord, 38  “From roving about 39  on the earth, and from walking back and forth across it.” 40  1:8 So the Lord said to Satan, “Have you considered 41  my servant Job? There 42  is no one like him on the earth, a pure and upright man, one who fears God and turns away 43  from evil.”
    1:9 Then Satan answered the Lord, “Is it for nothing that Job fears God? 44  1:10 Have you 45  not made a hedge 46  around him and his household and all that he has on every side? You have blessed 47  the work of his hands, and his livestock 48  have increased 49  in the land. 1:11 But 50  extend your hand and strike 51  everything he has, and he will no doubt 52  curse you 53  to your face!”
    1:12 So the Lord said to Satan, “All right then, 54  everything he has is 55  in your power. 56  Only do not extend your hand against the man himself!” 57  So Satan went out 58  from the presence of the Lord. 59

Pierre

I am not a fan of the netbible. According to Genesis 6 the sons of God were men. It says that the sons of God (Seth's line) intermarried with the daughter's of men (Cain's line). Then it says, “My Spirit shall not always strive with MAN.”

So the sons of God were men.

Thumbs down to the netbible.

KJ

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Kangaroo Jack @ Aug. 10 2011,11:59)

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 10 2011,03:52)

KJ

KJ

this is from Netbible;
    1:6 Now the day came when 33  the sons of God 34  came to present themselves before 35  the Lord – and Satan 36  also arrived among them. 1:7 The Lord said to Satan, “Where have you come from?” 37  And Satan answered the Lord, 38  “From roving about 39  on the earth, and from walking back and forth across it.” 40  1:8 So the Lord said to Satan, “Have you considered 41  my servant Job? There 42  is no one like him on the earth, a pure and upright man, one who fears God and turns away 43  from evil.”
    1:9 Then Satan answered the Lord, “Is it for nothing that Job fears God? 44  1:10 Have you 45  not made a hedge 46  around him and his household and all that he has on every side? You have blessed 47  the work of his hands, and his livestock 48  have increased 49  in the land. 1:11 But 50  extend your hand and strike 51  everything he has, and he will no doubt 52  curse you 53  to your face!”
    1:12 So the Lord said to Satan, “All right then, 54  everything he has is 55  in your power. 56  Only do not extend your hand against the man himself!” 57  So Satan went out 58  from the presence of the Lord. 59

Pierre

I am not a fan of the netbible. According to Genesis 6 the sons of God were men. It says that the sons of God (Seth's line) intermarried with the daughter's of men (Cain's line). Then it says, “My Spirit shall not always strive with MAN.”

So the sons of God were men.

Thumbs down to the netbible.

KJ

KJ

so I have to take your word for it right?

you really think that i am a sucker

Pierre

ps;big pictures do not scare me

Viewing 20 posts - 421 through 440 (of 582 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account