Thief on the Cross

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 189 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 21 2010,11:08)
    Hi T,
    If you cannot accept scripture then this sort of response was likely

nick

you have not shown scriptures but only your opinion,like most religion leaders,and group,

if it is in the scriptures show me,if you can not, do not called
    me , that i do not fallow scriptures.
    based on your inability to produce prove.

terraricca
    Participant

hi nick

for you

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 20 2010,06:16)
    Hi ED,
    The new covenant was in the blood of Christ.
    The good thief died before Jesus under the old covenant.

Even demons believe …. and tremble.

nick

i am sorry but your info is wrong;crosses during the Sabbath, they asked Pilate to have the legs broken and the bodies taken down.
    Jn 19:32 The soldiers therefore came and broke the legs of the first man who had been crucified with Jesus, and then those of the other.
    Jn 19:33 But when they came to Jesus and found that he was already dead, they did not break his legs.
    Jn 19:34 Instead, one of the soldiers pierced Jesus’ side with a spear, bringing a sudden flow of blood and water.
    Jn 19:35 The man who saw it has given testimony, and his testimony is true. He knows that he tells the truth, and he testifies so that you also may believe.
    Jn 19:36 These things happened so that the scripture would be fulfilled: “Not one of his bones will be broken,”

Christ died first and the two thiefs died later.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    You may be right but when the Son of God is given all authority why do you think it is limited in how he saves?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 21 2010,13:30)
    Hi T,
    You may be right but when the Son of God is given all authority why do you think it is limited in how he saves?

nick

i am not the one who limits is power or authority to save or have mercy

it is you,my friend.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    Is there no way and all men save themselves?
    Whosever wants to save his own life will lose it.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 21 2010,13:49)
    Hi T,
    Is there no way and all men save themselves?
    Whosever wants to save his own life will lose it.

nick

i can not understand what you are saying please clarify it for me

Is there no way and all men save themselves ?????

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    There is a WAY Peter offered at Pentecost and we are called to preach it.
    But as usual men refuse.

They want to try to save themselves rather than submit to what is written

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 21 2010,14:02)
    Hi T,
    There is a WAY Peter offered at Pentecost and we are called to preach it.
    But as usual men refuse.

They want to try to save themselves rather than submit to what is written

nick

it is you personal believe that what happen in Act 2-to and in the nation of Israel to some Jewish people as to be transferred to the gentiles,a similar thing was about the circoncision for the gentiles,

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    Yes the way of Jesus is very unpopular.
    Human religion is much more acceptable..and useless.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 21 2010,15:04)
    Hi T,
    Yes the way of Jesus is very unpopular.
    Human religion is much more acceptable..and useless.

nick

what you say is true ,but i doubt you understand the meaning and the fullness of your own words.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    The door is yet open.
    Repentance is not an ongoing way.
    It prepares for God's forgiveness in the blood of the lamb.
    When the son sets you free you shall be free indeed..not bound by guilt and inadequacy.

Once a man has bathed he only needs to wash his feet[Jn13]

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 21 2010,15:45)
    Hi T,
    The door is yet open.
    Repentance is not an ongoing way.
    It prepares for God's forgiveness in the blood of the lamb.
    When the son sets you free you shall be free indeed..not bound by guilt and inadequacy.

Once a man has bathed he only needs to wash his feet[Jn13]

nick

i do not suffer from all the things you mention,

and i am baptised in the blood of Christ that is the true baptism

i am a slave to the truth of God.

Elizabeth
    Participant

Quote (Elizabeth @ April 21 2010,07:41)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 21 2010,07:28)

Quote (Elizabeth @ April 20 2010,22:36)

Quote (Woutlaw @ April 18 2006,05:44)
    Hey guys,

A lot of people use the example of “The Thief on the Cross” to justify “praying Jesus into your heart” method, or to say that one doesn't have to be baptized to inherit eternal life.

Was the thief on the cross given eternal life? I believe so, Jesus promised him paradise.

What we must understand is that this took place prior to the ushering in of the New Covenant.

There are many that inherited eternal life under the Old Covenant who were not baptized at all.

But there isn't a NT conversion that didn't include baptism.

15And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance. 16For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator. 17For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.

What do you guys think?

Jesus assured the thief that he would be in paradise due to his repentant attitude, that however is no guarantee of eternal life; that also does not mean that the other thief would not be there.
    Jesus also said that Sodom and Gomorrah would have an easier time in the resurrection than for the city that rejected his gospel; the question is, why?
    It takes a repentant attitude, a willingness to learn the truth, to give up false believes.
    To think that God is more merciful to one as to another has no soundness to it.
    It will be Jesus who judges/teaches the world during the millennium, if you listen you live, if you don't you die again.

Georg

Hi Georg,
    You speculate.
    No mention of repentant attitudes in the context.
    Neither is the judgement said to be during the millenium but it is after it.[Rev20]

If you believe that, than make sense out of it; don't just claim it to be so.
    You just said in a previous reply, all “must” repent, who, to you, are all?

Georg

Nice try to avoid answering Nick.
    But then that is you trade mark, isn't it?

Georg

terraricca
    Participant

georg

the spirit of truth as to be like a fire in you ,then you become one with Christ ,some only acquire knowledge and respond with knowledge but not with the spirit

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    Are you offering a new way?
    A new gospel?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Georg,
    All men must repent. Unless you repent you will all likewise perish
    But some will never hear the call of a preacher.
    Their future is in the hands of God

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 21 2010,17:40)
    Hi T,
    Are you offering a new way?
    A new gospel?

nick

show me what i say is not true and not scriptural

on question one ;NO
    on question two;NO

your spirit is more passif than active why is that nick??

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 21 2010,17:41)
    Hi Georg,

nick

being in the hands of God is better than in the hands of men

if you know your God he knows you, you can not approach God and not repent and humble yourself.

Elizabeth
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 21 2010,17:41)
    Hi Georg,

So how will all those who don't know Jesus repent?

Georg

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……..Tell me do (YOU) Repent on your own, of Does GOD GIVE US a REPENTANT Heart. Consider in Acts when the Spirit was poured out on people, did those people repent by themselves or was it when the Spirit of GOD was poured out upon them. Before the out pouring of GOD Spirit they were saying to crucify Jesus , but after the Spirit was poured out on them they said, men and brethren what shall we do seeing we have put to death the son of GOD. I know Peter said repent and be baptized everyone of you and you shall recieve the gift of the Spirit, But the fact is they already repented and the Spirit is what caused them to.

“Godly Sorrow work (REPENTANCE) not to be repented of” and again “For you are sorrowed unto righteousness”> These people were sorry they had Put Jesus to death and that was the sign of their repentance, given into their hearts by the Spirit of GOD at Pentecost. Peter was talking about repenting of their (UNBELIEF) , They also were Just beginners having Just recieved the SPIRIT themselves and their minds were just beginning to understand Spiritual things and when they Grow Spiritually thing became more clear to them.

YOU obsession with (WATER Baptism) as the means of accruing the Spirit is not true, many were Baptized with water and did not have the Spirit at all in them. Jesus Said “No man (CAN) come unto me (UNLESS) the FATHER Draw HIM. Your self Work Water salvation is just not true Nick. There is nothing wrong with water Baptism, but to think that is what save you is pure foolishness Nick. Water Baptism was a requirement of the Law , for cleansing one self before he could enter into the temple of GOD. But we are cleansed by the SPIRIT of GOD and washed by it, it is a Work of GOD (IN) us. Outside washing only cleans the outside of a man, not the inside of HIM. Water Baptism was a Symbol or a Shadow of the true Baptism that we recieved from GOD the FATHER through Jesus Christ , He is the one who baptizes with Spirit and Fire. Paul said there is only one true Baptism. IMO

Eph 4:5…..> One Lord, One Faith, ONE BAPTISM, one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all and in you all.

Why do you not accept these things NICK?

peace and love to you and yours……………..gene

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 189 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account