The World

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Miia
    Participant

This generation believes they will inherit the present earth?

“The devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor. “All this I will give you,” he said, “if you will bow down and worship me.”

“Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.”

“My kingdom is not of this world; if my kingdom were of this world my attendants would fight that I might not be betrayed to the Jews. But my kingdom is not from here.”

“And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to myself; that where I am, there you may be also.”

Proclaimer
    Participant

Yes, do not love the world or the things in the world. I wonder if a country can be Christian or built on godly principles? If so, can it be blessed and inherit a special place in this world, albeit a temporary place as the world is not permanent. Thoughts?

Miia
    Participant

Maybe a country being rich, etc is an illusion. Sin is always colorful and tempting. Take New Zealand for example. Most of our bad influences came from America.

Samoa is 99% Christain, yet they suffer through natural disasters etc.

Miia
    Participant

Silouan the monk said the soul that has come to know God fully no longer desires anything else, nor does it attach itself to anything on the earth, and if you put before it a kingdom, it would not desire it, for the love of God gives such sweetness and joy to the soul that even the life of a king can no longer give it any sweetness.

Miia
    Participant

And to me that makes sense, and Jesus had the same attitude. His kingdom was not of this world. He said that those who love the world and the things of the world do not know God. Because if we know God, the only love we have for the world is a compassion for the suffering.

Ed J
    Participant

“One generation passeth away, and another generation cometh: but the earth abideth for ever” (Eccl 1:4)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Ed,

Rev 21.1

And I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

The earth is renewed.Ps 104.30

Ed J
    Participant

The earth is renewed.Ps 104.30

Hi Nick,

Good verse:

“Thou sendest forth thy spirit, they are created: and
    thou renewest the face of the earth.” (Psalms 104:30)

Miia
    Participant

“One generation passeth away, and another generation cometh: but the earth abideth for ever” (Eccl 1:4)

Ed, we have already discussed this.

It means “the preceding generations are forgotten.”

…3 What advantage does man have in all his work Which he does under the sun? A generation goes and a generation comes, But the earth remains forever. Also, the sun rises and the sun sets; And hastening to its place it rises there again.…

olam: long duration, antiquity, futurity

Original Word: עוֹלָם
    Part of Speech: Noun Masculine
    Transliteration: olam
    Phonetic Spelling: (o-lawm’)
    Short Definition: forever

Definition
    long duration, antiquity, futurity
    The term, “for ever,” like the Greek εἰς τὸν αἰῶνα, does not necessarily imply eternity, but often denotes limited or conditioned duration, as when the slave is engaged to serve his master “for ever” (Exodus 21:6), or the hills are called “everlasting” (Genesis 49:26). This verse gives one instance of growth and decay in contrast with insensate continuance. The following verses give further examples.

4. earth … for ever—(Ps 104:5). While the earth remains the same, the generations of men are ever changing; what lasting profit, then, can there be from the toils of one whose sojourn on earth, as an individual, is so brief? The “for ever” is comparative, not absolute (Ps 102:26).

Miia
    Participant

“My kingdom is not of this world; if my kingdom were of this world my attendants would fight that I might not be betrayed to the Jews. But my kingdom is not from here.”

“And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to myself; that where I am, there you may be also.”

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Miia,

The meek shall inherit the earth.

Having been taken up out of the great tribulation to meet the Lord in the air and enjoyed the wedding feast with him they return as the New Jerusalem to the renewed earth where God will dwell with His people. Rev 19-21.

Miia
    Participant

Nick, the meek inheriting the earth would be the meek inheriting the new earth. There is also a new heavens. Could easily be somewhere else. Because, Jesus goes to prepare a place.

“And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away”

“But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, and then the heavens will pass away with a roar, and the heavenly bodies will be burned up and dissolved, and the earth and the works that are done on it will be exposed.

Since all these things are thus to be dissolved, what sort of people ought you to be in lives of holiness and godliness, waiting for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be set on fire and dissolved, and the heavenly bodies will melt as they burn! But according to his promise we are waiting for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells.”

And, Jesus said His kingdom is not from here!

Miia
    Participant

Why would we be taken out of the great tribulation. It comes upon all men; and what of those who are seen coming through the great tribulation.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Miia,

Yes he goes to prepare the mansions of Christ.

Heaven is the Throne of God. Like Jesus in our new heavenly body I am sure we will be able to visit heaven.

But it is a very popular worldly myth that men go to heaven at death and live there.

The kingdom of Jesus Christ is OF heaven but his rule will be on earth.

Most of the saved come out of the great tribulation, through their death.

Better to be among the sons and daughters of God found in the first resurrection.

Miia
    Participant

But it is a very popular worldly myth that men go to heaven at death and live there.

According to Nick.

Wouldn’t that be NOW?

Miia
    Participant

Hi Nick.

‘The kingdom of God is within you’.

“Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.”

The Spirit of God is compassion and understanding of not only those who suffer but also a hunger for the truth of God and a relationship with God.

We cannot love the world and the things of the world at the same time as God.

Ed J
    Participant

Wouldn’t that be NOW?

Hi Miia,

Yes

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Miia,

He is Lord.

He rules his body now.

But he will return to be Lord of all and to rule the earth for 1000 years.

ps 2

Miia
    Participant

Hi Nick.

Thousands of years before his second coming yes (the wheat and the tares). Then, he will rule for eternity (on the new heaven and the new earth).

Miia
    Participant

Oh Ed we agree?!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account