The Trinity Doctrine

Viewing 20 posts - 17,521 through 17,540 (of 18,301 total)
  • Author
    Admin
    Keymaster

You are excused.

🙂

poor in spirit

King James Bible
    Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

Matthew Henry’s explanation of this verse as written in his “Commentary on the Whole Bible” (what’s in brackets [] has been added):

“Verily, verily, I say unto you; [in context meaning] I do not only say it in private to my own disciples, who will be sure to say as I say, but to you my enemies and persecutors; I say it to your faces, take it how you will: Before Abraham was, I am;’’ [the greek this statement is translated from] prin Abraam genesthai, ego eimi , [translates to] Before Abraham was made or born, I am. [Note] The change of the word is observable, and bespeaks Abraham a creature, and himself the Creator; well therefore might he make himself greater than Abraham. Before Abraham he was, First, As God. [Do you realize that] I am, is the name of God[?] (Ex. 3:14 ) [For this is what the Lord has just said of himself]; it denotes his self-existence; [note how] he does not say, I was, but I am, for he is the first and the last, immutably the same (Rev. 1:8 ); thus he was not only before Abraham, but before all worlds, ch. 1:1 ; Prov. 8:23 . Secondly, As Mediator. He was the appointed Messiah, long before Abraham; the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world (Rev. 13:8 ), the channel of conveyance of light, life, and love from God to man. This supposes his divine nature, that he is the same in himself from eternity (Heb. 13:8 ), and that he is the same to man ever since the fall[…]

If our aim is to be understood then the words we use are irrelevant so long as understanding is achieved. But alas, who can understand the Eternal Living God as He Is in and of Himself? It is written that the Lord said, “The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?” (Jer 17:9) If we are incapable of understanding ourselves how can we begin to say we know anything of He “Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.” 1 Tim 6:16

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen. (2 Cor 13:14)

Proclaimer
    Participant

A good reason why we need to expose the false doctrine of the Trinity. Some Christians are converting to Islam because they know the Trinity is false. Thus we as Believers need to help people like this.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Wakeup, you said earlier that SDA's don't believe in the Trinity. Were you right or not?
    You just need to say right or wrong. I just want to know if they believe it or not.

2besee
    Participant

5.They also said that allah is God,in
    another video.

Adventists do not believe that Allah is YHWH.

ONE Pastor Dwight Nelson mentioned something on one 3ABN sermon, which I think was taken out of context.

2besee
    Participant

So you can't say “They” (Seventh Day Adventists) believe one thing just because a Pastor says something.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Wakeup, you said earlier that SDA's don't believe in the Trinity. Were you right or not?
    You just need to say right or wrong. I just want to know if they believe it or not.

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Feb. 11 2014,19:59)

T8.

Yes they do.
    I never said they dont believe in the trinity.

wakeup.

2besee
    Participant

“That most of the leading SDA pioneers were non-Trinitarian in their theology has become accepted Adventist history….More recently, a further question has arisen with increasing urgency: was the pioneers' belief about the Godhead right or wrong? …As one line of reasoning goes, either the pioneers were wrong and the present Church is right or the pioneers were right and the present Seventh-day Adventist Church has apostasized from biblical truth.” (Jerry Moon “The Trinity”, page 190)

(Just joined an Adventist forum to query the Allah/God question, happened to read the above too)

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (2besee @ Feb. 12 2014,10:22)
    “That most of the leading SDA pioneers were non-Trinitarian in their theology has become accepted Adventist history….More recently, a further question has arisen with increasing urgency: was the pioneers' belief about the Godhead right or wrong? …As one line of reasoning goes, either the pioneers were wrong and the present Church is right or the pioneers were right and the present Seventh-day Adventist Church has apostasized from biblical truth.” (Jerry Moon “The Trinity”, page 190)

(Just joined an Adventist forum to query the Allah/God question, happened to read the above too)

2Besee.

I have studied with the sda forty years ago for a couple of months.They seem to change doctrine as time goes.
    He introduced the kjv;and gave me one.

That would be very interesting about the allah thing.

wakeup.

Wakeup
    Participant

You can google *Ellen G White.
    She is the root of the sda,and the jw's.

wakeup.

2besee
    Participant

W,

I didn't know they studied, I just went to church with them, years ago.

Yes you may be right about the Allah/God thing, but I think it is more to evangelize to Muslim people. But I will inquire.

2besee
    Participant

W,

Ellen White is not the root of the JW's. I do know that.

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (2besee @ Feb. 12 2014,11:00)
    W,

Ellen White is not the root of the JW's. I do know that.

About 40,600 results (0.27 seconds)

Search Results

History of the Jehovah's Witnesses | Catholic Answers

http://www.catholic.com/tracts/history-of-the-jehovahs-witnesses‎

Fifty years ago the Jehovah's Witnesses numbered fewer than 100,000. … a remnant, led by Ellen G. White, went on to form the Seventh-day Adventist Church.

Facts Adventists Won't Tell – MM Outreach Inc.

mmoutreachinc.com/seventh_day_adventists/sda_facts.html‎

Their prophetess, Ellen G. White, whom they revere and believe without …. about the things they have in common with the Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormons.
    Ellen G White SDA Church – SpirituallySmart.Com Spiritually Smart

http://www.spirituallysmart.com/SDA%20Church.html‎

Oct 14, 2006 – SDA's share their early history with the Jehovah's Witnesses. An early … It is a proven fact that Ellen G. White plagiarized most of her writings.

Seventh-Day Adventism is a False Religion! – Jesus is Savior

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Seventh…/liars.htm‎

This is the same demonic doctrine which Jehovah's Witnesses share. … Interestingly, the most profound figure in SDA, Ellen G. White, openly denied the deity of …

wakeup.

terraricca
    Participant

W

SO ACCORDING TO YOU SHE SHOULD BE THE ROOT OF THE SEVEN DAY ADVENTIST

a remnant, led by Ellen G. White, went on to form the Seventh-day Adventist Church.

50 YEARS AGO THIS WOULD BRING US IN THE 1960 'S

WELL FOR YOUR INFO ;IT WAS CHARLES TASE RUSSEL IN 1874 THAT WAS THE FOUNDER OF THE J.W. BUT THE NAME OF J.W. ONLY CAME IN 1931 IF MY INFO IS CORRECT

SO YOU ARE WRONG ALL THE WAY

2besee
    Participant

W,

When you do a Google search, the results have dot dot dot (……) meaning “and further down the page on that link”, meaning, it is out of context.

So click on a link such as Wikipedia, which says:

“The Seventh-day Adventist Church formed out of the movement known today as the Millerites.”

“By 1844, over 100,000 people were anticipating what Miller had called the “Blessed Hope”. On October 22 many of the believers were up late into the night watching, waiting for Christ to return and found themselves bitterly disappointed when both sunset and midnight passed with their expectations unfulfilled. This event later became known as the Great Disappointment.”

“After the disappointment of October 22 many of Miller's followers were left upset and disillusioned. Most ceased to believe in the imminent return of Jesus. Some believed the date was incorrect. A few believed that the date was right but the event expected was wrong. This latter group developed into the Seventh-day Adventist Church.”

As to Ellen White:

“Ellen G. White (1827–1915), while holding no official role, was a dominant personality. She, along with her husband, James White, and Joseph Bates, moved the denomination to a concentration on missionary and medical work. Mission and medical work continues to play a central role in the 21st century.”

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seventh-day_Adventist_Church

Jehovah Witnesses.

“In 1870, Charles Taze Russell and others formed an independent group in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, to study the Bible.”

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jehovahs_witness

(Nothing to do with Ellen White or the Seventh Day Adventists).

2besee
    Participant

Wikipedia:

“For much of the 19th century, the church struggled as it formed its core beliefs and doctrines especially as a number of the Adventist leaders came from churches that supported the doctrine of Arianism (although Ellen G. White was not one of them). This, along with the movement's other theological views, led to a consensus among conservative evangelical Protestants to regard it as a cult. However, the Adventist Church adopted the Trinity early in the 20th century and began to dialogue with other Protestant groups toward the middle of the century, eventually gaining wide recognition as a Protestant church.”

Wakeup
    Participant

Thank you Besee.
    What about the allah is God bit?

wakeup.

2besee
    Participant

I haven't posted on that forum yet. My BP is playing up again.

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (2besee @ Feb. 14 2014,08:25)
    I haven't posted on that forum yet. My BP is playing up again.

Why dont youget a tablet?

wakeup.

Viewing 20 posts - 17,521 through 17,540 (of 18,301 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account