The Trinity Doctrine

Viewing 20 posts - 17,441 through 17,460 (of 18,301 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

I love that last quote. I've used the “earth is flat” analogy before to explain why people insist so vehemently that the trinity is scriptural……….. but I never could have worded it as wonderfully as he did.

I've saved that one to Word, so I can whip it out later. :)

Proclaimer
    Participant

Yes that second quote is a pearl.

And the first one mirrors the organisations that promote the Trinity Doctrine. They don't even have to defend the Trinity, their subjects to it for free and willingly.

There is something about the nature of man, that once something is settled whether rightly or wrongly, it will be defended vigorously, even when the truth clearly refutes it.

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Oct. 01 2013,10:12)
    Yes that second quote is a pearl.

And the first one mirrors the organisations that promote the Trinity Doctrine. They don't even have to defend the Trinity, their subjects to it for free and willingly.

There is something about the nature of man, that once something is settled whether rightly or wrongly, it will be defended vigorously, even when the truth clearly refutes it.

Tell a lie long enough,and it becomes the truth.

wakeup.

Participant

Hi:

Found the following website, and I would like to share it with you.

http://worldtocome.org/the-trinity-does-the-bible-teach-it-part-1

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Oct. 21 2013,00:19)
    Hi:

Found the following website, and I would like to share it with you.

http://worldtocome.org/the-trinity-does-the-bible-teach-it-part-1

NOTHING NEW IN IT ,JUST ANOTHER RELIGION EMERGING FOR CLAIMING ITS PART OF THE IGNORANTS ,AND THE TREASURE THAT COMES WITH IT ,

Participant

I have now listened to all of these videos on the teaching of the trinity and find his teachings to be very good and informative, but do not agree that “the Logos”is another divine being, and that it is he to whom God  speaking when He said “let us make man in our image”, but I have made my understanding of John 1 clear to all of you on this website.

And I do not believe his summation of Matthew 28:19, but I believe that this scripture was added by theologians to justify the doctrine of the trinity.  If the commission was to baptize in the name of the Father, and the Son and the Holy Spirit why then did the Apostles not baptize this way, but they baptized in the name of Jesus.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Oct. 21 2013,03:44)
    I have now listened to all of these videos on the teaching of the trinity and find his teachings to be very good and informative, but do not agree that “the Logos”is another divine being, and that it is he to whom God  speaking when He said “let us make man in our image”, but I have made my understanding of John 1 clear to all of you on this website.

And I do not believe his summation of Matthew 28:19, but I believe that this scripture was added by theologians to justify the doctrine of the trinity.  If the commission was to baptize in the name of the Father, and the Son and the Holy Spirit why then did the Apostles not baptize this way, but they baptized in the name of Jesus.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

And I do not believe his summation of Matthew 28:19, but I believe that this scripture was added by theologians to justify the doctrine of the trinity. If the commission was to baptize in the name of the Father, and the Son and the Holy Spirit why then did the Apostles not baptize this way, but they baptized in the name of Jesus.

on this I agree with you ;and also it is not written in the Hebrew version of Mathew;

but do not agree that “the Logos”is another divine being, and that it is he to whom God  speaking when He said “let us make man in our image”, but I have made my understanding of John 1 clear to all of you on this website.

there are many people that have their own view on who is Christ the son of God ;but it is not the INTERPRETATION OR OPINIONS that I like to see ;but the true combination of all the scriptures that stands for what they believe WITHOUT BREAKING ANY OF THE OTHER SCRIPTURES ,

IT IS IMPORTANT TO UNDERSTAND THAT WHAT WE THINK IS OF NO CONSEQUENCE TO THE WILL OF GOD AND HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS ,BUT IT IS TO OUR TRUTHFULNESS ,

Participant

Hi Pierre:

I ask my Father and God every morning in prayer that if I am teaching any thing that is not His Word or doing any thing that is not His will, that he correct me, and so, I welcome correction from Him if I am wrong. I want to teach the truth, and so, I teach what I understand the scriptures to say.

Did you even watch the videos before discounting them?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Oct. 21 2013,05:33)
    Hi Pierre:

I ask my Father and God every morning in prayer that if I am teaching any thing that is not His Word or doing any thing that is not His will, that he correct me, and so, I welcome correction from Him if I am wrong.  I want to teach the truth, and so, I teach what I understand the scriptures to say.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

i study the scriptures for 40 years before i start to teach anyone ,i read the scriptures over and over and ask questions so that through the scriptures the spirit of truth could show me the truth of God ,not mine or that of any men,

and make the true answer to be true ,through the entire scriptures without breaking any of the other scriptures,

Jas 1:23 Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like a man who looks at his face in a mirror
    Jas 1:24 and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like.
    Jas 1:25 But the man who looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues to do this, not forgetting what he has heard, but doing it—he will be blessed in what he does.

I DO NOT SAY THAT YOU DO THIS MARTY,BUT WHAT I LIKE TO MENTION IS THAT THEIR ARE MANY THINGS WE DO AND DO NOT REALIZE IF THEY ARE GOOD OR BAD IN THE EYES OF OUR GOD ;SO THIS SCRIPTURE IS JUST TO MAKE YOU THINK ,ON IT

Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Oct. 21 2013,11:34)

Hi Pierre:

I ask my Father and God every morning in prayer that if I am teaching any thing that is not His Word or doing any thing that is not His will, that he correct me, and so, I welcome correction from Him if I am wrong.  I want to teach the truth, and so, I teach what I understand the scriptures to say.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

i study the scriptures for 40 years before i start to teach anyone ,i read the scriptures over and over and ask questions so that through the scriptures the spirit of truth could show me the truth of God ,not mine or that of any men,

and make the true answer to be true ,through the entire scriptures without breaking any of the other scriptures,

Jas 1:23 Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like a man who looks at his face in a mirror
    Jas 1:24 and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like.
    Jas 1:25 But the man who looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues to do this, not forgetting what he has heard, but doing it—he will be blessed in what he does.

I DO NOT SAY THAT YOU DO THIS MARTY,BUT WHAT I LIKE TO MENTION IS THAT THEIR ARE MANY THINGS WE DO AND DO NOT REALIZE IF THEY ARE GOOD OR BAD IN THE EYES OF OUR GOD ;SO THIS SCRIPTURE IS JUST TO MAKE YOU THINK ,ON IT

Hi Pierre:

I was born again in 1980, and have been studying the scriptures and obeying God since that time, and I have asked God to give me understanding of many scriptures that I may have not have understood, and He has always answered me, and like I said I ask him every day to correct me if I am teaching any thing that is not His Word, and I have been corrected by Him on many occasions, and I know He loves me because any Father that does not correct His children does not love them.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Oct. 22 2013,01:02)

Hi Pierre:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

Hi Pierre:

I was born again in 1980, and have been studying the scriptures and obeying God since that time, and I have asked God to give me understanding of many scriptures that I may have not have understood, and He has always answered me, and like I said I ask him every day to correct me if I am teaching any thing that is not His Word, and I have been corrected by Him on many occasions, and I know He loves me because any Father that does not correct His children does not love them.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

what i forgot to say in my previous quote was this ;IF YOU WOULD HAVE NOT BE IN A RELIGION ORGANIZATION AND SO INSTRUCTED BY MEN ;WOULD YOU HAVE COME TO THE SAME UNDERSTANDING THAT YOU HAVE NOW ;AND IF SO HOW COME YOU DO NOT BELIEVE IN THE SCRIPTURES THE WAY THEY ARE WRITTEN ??? ANYONE THAT DO NOT HAVE BEEN INSTRUCTED BY MEN BUT ONLY THE SCRIPTURES SEEM NOT TO COME TO THE SAME UNDERSTANDING BECAUSE ONE IS WITHOUT MEN INTERPRETATION WHILE THE OTHER ONE REMAINS TOTALLY UNDER GOD'S SPIRIT OF TRUTH ACCORDING ONLY TO SCRIPTURES;

I do understand your way of prayers,but that is not important to the discussion ,because someone prayers are a private conversation with his or her creator,and so only God is the judge of it , BUT I ALSO KNOW THAT CHRIST PRAYED BUT ALSO THE PHARISEES,AND THE SADDUCEES ,HIGH PRIEST ECT
    AND YET THEY HAVE ALL CONTRIBUTED TO HIS DEATH

I do not say that it would be or is your case but what I say the heart of men are very deceitful ,what we may think to be good will in fact kill us ,according to scriptures,

Jn 2:23 Now while he was in Jerusalem at the Passover Feast, many people saw the miraculous signs he was doing and believed in his name.
    Jn 2:24 But Jesus would not entrust himself to them, for he knew all men.
    Jn 2:25 He did not need man’s testimony about man, for he knew what was in a man.

Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Oct. 22 2013,06:39)

Hi Pierre:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

Hi Pierre:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

what i forgot to say in my previous quote was this ;IF YOU WOULD HAVE NOT BE IN A RELIGION ORGANIZATION AND SO INSTRUCTED BY MEN ;WOULD YOU HAVE COME TO THE SAME UNDERSTANDING THAT YOU HAVE NOW ;AND IF SO HOW COME YOU DO NOT BELIEVE IN THE SCRIPTURES THE WAY THEY ARE WRITTEN ??? ANYONE THAT DO NOT HAVE BEEN INSTRUCTED BY MEN BUT ONLY THE SCRIPTURES SEEM NOT TO COME TO THE SAME UNDERSTANDING BECAUSE ONE IS WITHOUT MEN INTERPRETATION WHILE THE OTHER ONE REMAINS TOTALLY UNDER GOD'S SPIRIT OF TRUTH ACCORDING ONLY TO SCRIPTURES;

I do understand your way of prayers,but that is not important to the discussion ,because someone prayers are a private conversation with his or her creator,and so only God is the judge of it , BUT I ALSO KNOW THAT CHRIST PRAYED BUT ALSO THE PHARISEES,AND THE SADDUCEES ,HIGH PRIEST ECT

I do not say that it would be or is your case but what I say the heart of men are very deceitful ,what we may think to be good will in fact kill us ,according to scriptures,

Jn 2:23 Now while he was in Jerusalem at the Passover Feast, many people saw the miraculous signs he was doing and believed in his name.
    Jn 2:25 He did not need man’s testimony about man, for he knew what was in a man.

Hi Pierre:

I am not instructed by men, and that is why when you try to teach me something and I do not agree with you, I teach what God has taught me, in spite of you trying to force me to accept what you say as the truth.

And I said that God always answers my prayers, and so, if I am not obeying Him, would he answer my prayers?

You have a bad habit of judging me, and I don't like it, but I tolerate it because I know that God knows my heart.  Jesus said that if they called the master of the house Beelzebub people like you would do the same to me, his disciple.  And all who live Godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution.

I don't know who you think that you are.  Are you an apostle, or do you think that you are Jesus himself?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Oct. 22 2013,03:27)

Quote (terraricca @ Oct. 22 2013,06:39)

Hi Pierre:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

Hi Pierre:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

Hi Pierre:

I am not instructed by men, and that is why when you try to teach me something and I do not agree with you, I teach what God has taught me, in spite of you trying to force me to accept what you say as the truth.

And I said that God always answers my prayers, and so, if I am not obeying Him, would he answer my prayers?

You have a bad habit of judging me, and I don't like it, but I tolerate it because I know that God knows my heart.  Jesus said that if they called the master of the house Beelzebub people like you would do the same to me, his disciple.  And all who live Godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution.

I don't know who you think that you are.  Are you an apostle, or do you think that you are Jesus himself?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

I don't know who you think that you are. Are you an apostle, or do you think that you are Jesus himself?

I am no body ,just a voice,just a wandering mind about men and scriptures,whose questions are WHY,WHY,WHY,WHY ??? GOD AND MY LORD,

terraricca
    Participant

Marty

I said that God always answers my prayers, and so, if I am not obeying Him, would he answer my prayers?

then what is the difference between you and any other so called christian believer in any other denomination ??? none ?

if so why did Christ rejected the religion in his time ???

Participant

You mean, why didn't God make you judge, instead of Jesus? It is because he gave his life for me, and I belong to him and not to you, and so, if I need correction, I know that he is fully capable of correcting me.

Participant

Hi Pierre:

You mean, why didn't God make you judge, instead of Jesus? It is because he gave his life for me, and I belong to him and not to you, and so, if I need correction, I know that he is fully capable of correcting me.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Oct. 22 2013,05:12)
    You mean, why didn't God make you judge, instead of Jesus?  It is because he gave his life for me, and I belong to him and not to you, and so, if I need correction, I know that he is fully capable of correcting me.

NO,Marty that is being sarcastic ,is that the quality you pick up from Christ ??? I do not think so ,it is one you made up for yourself

Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Oct. 22 2013,10:28)

Quote (942767 @ Oct. 22 2013,05:12)
    You mean, why didn't God make you judge, instead of Jesus?  It is because he gave his life for me, and I belong to him and not to you, and so, if I need correction, I know that he is fully capable of correcting me.

NO,Marty that is being sarcastic ,is that the quality you pick up from Christ ??? I do not think so ,it is one you made up for yourself

Hi Pierre:

I believe that you should look inwardly and see how you speak to people on this website, including me, and see if you yourself have the character of Christ.

You don't know me nor do you know about the congregation of believers with which I associate.

I am not in some religion, but I have a personal relationship with God through my Lord, Jesus.

And you want to judge me as a Pharisee with whom Jesus to whom Jesus was speaking when he was seeing that they were hypocrites, but you do not know me, and like I said, I don't belong to you but to him, and so, let him do his job.

Jesus said: Upon this rock, I will build my church, and the gates of hell will not prevail against it. And so, this is the church to which I belong.

1Cr 3:10

According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.

1Cr 3:11

For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

1Cr 3:12

Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;

1Cr 3:13

Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

1Cr 3:14

If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.

1Cr 3:15

If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

1Cr 3:16

Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

1Cr 3:17

If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

This is the litmus test of whether someone is a Christian or not:

1Jo 4:1

Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

1Jo 4:2

Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

1Jo 4:3

And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

But Pierre, you give me the impression, that you think that because Jesus spoke to the Pharisees in the way that he did that you are supposed to speak to established religion with their man made doctrines in the same way that he did, but you are not him. Surely, we are to let them know that what they are teaching is not correct and teach them the truth if they will hear, but also, give the impression that just because you have studied the scriptures for many years, that you can't possibly have misunderstood some of what you think that you know.

If you think that I am wrong in what I teach, then show me by the scriptures where that I am wrong, so that I can learn and teach the truth, but you should always allow for the possibility that you are the one who may have it wrong.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

terraricca
    Participant

If you think that I am wrong in what I teach, then show me by the scriptures where that I am wrong, so that I can learn and teach the truth, but you should always allow for the possibility that you are the one who may have it wrong.

I can not tell you that you are wrong ,because it is not me that does that work,BUT THE SPIRIT OF TRUTH THROUGH CHRIST ,I only can see that you do not have it ,so I try with the scriptures to bring out the things that may click in your heart ,

But Pierre, you give me the impression, that you think that because Jesus spoke to the Pharisees in the way that he did that you are supposed to speak to established religion with their man made doctrines in the same way that he did, but you are not him. Surely, we are to let them know that what they are teaching is not correct and teach them the truth if they will hear, but also, give the impression that just because you have studied the scriptures for many years, that you can't possibly have misunderstood some of what you think that you know.

when i think about what i read I always first make the others to be true ,and so have the truth ,it is in this way that I learn that they do not have the truth ;because I try to prove their truth through their views ,but my questions have no answers and scriptures are broken ,this tells me that it is not me that have it wrong ,and one more thing when people have to present a version of their own explanation so that it looks like the writers have forgotten to spell their thought in full ,and would have built secrecy all around the very thing they wanted to say ,this is not right or truthfull

terraricca
    Participant

Marty

I ask my Father and God every morning in prayer that if I am teaching any thing that is not His Word or doing any thing that is not His will, that he correct me,

we can find in scriptures ALL OF THE THINGS WE SHOULD DO AND ALL THE THINGS WE SHOULD NOT DO ;BUT WE ALSO FIND IN SCRIPTURES THE THINGS THAT IS PLEASING OUR FATHER AND GOD ;

THIS WOULD BE ENOUGH TO LOOK INTO IT FOR OUR OWN EDUCATION AND SAVE GUARD

Viewing 20 posts - 17,441 through 17,460 (of 18,301 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account