The Trinity Doctrine

Viewing 20 posts - 17,421 through 17,440 (of 18,301 total)
  • Author
    Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Jan. 27 2013,18:24)
    Hi T8,

Also consider this, “GOD” is called the father of Spirits.
    Since the “Holy Spirit” is “Spirit”, that only leaves two slots.  

1. Father
    2. Son

What is the alternative to say – the “HolySpirit”(?) is not a spirit?

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

The LORD is the spirit.

Who is God? The Father.
    What is God? Spirit.

:)
    =

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (carmel @ Feb. 01 2013,09:53)
    There is but one God; but this one God makes Himself known to man as Father, Son and Holy Spirit, and they are separate personalities.

We are well aware of this man-made doctrine.
    We look to scripture which is inspired by God and refute that which comes from the spirit of man.

Proclaimer
    Participant

John 17:3
    Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

A triune God is not a HE and thus cannot be the God in the scripture above.

And how important is that truth? Well look at the beginning of the sentence.

THIS IS ETERNAL LIFE…

Who wants eternal life?

abe
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Feb. 04 2013,20:44)

Hi T8,

1. Father
    2. Son

God bless

The LORD is the spirit.

Who is God? The Father.
    What is God? Spirit.

=

Hi T8,

Acts2:32-33 This Jesus, God has raised up, of which we are all witnesses. Therefore being exalted to the right hand of God, and having RECEIVED from the Father the Promise of the Holy Spirit, He poured out THIS which you now see and hear.

Peace brother.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (abe @ Feb. 05 2013,11:01)

Quote (t8 @ Feb. 04 2013,20:44)

Hi T8,

1. Father
    2. Son

God bless

The LORD is the spirit.

Who is God? The Father.
    What is God? Spirit.

=

Hi T8,

Acts2:32-33    This Jesus, God has raised up, of which we are all witnesses. Therefore being exalted to the right hand of God, and having RECEIVED from the Father the Promise of the Holy Spirit, He poured out THIS which you now see and hear.

Peace brother.

Ac 2:31 Seeing what was ahead, he spoke of the resurrection of the Christ, that he was not abandoned to the grave, nor did his body see decay.
    Ac 2:32 God has raised this Jesus to life, and we are all witnesses of the fact.
    Ac 2:33 Exalted to the right hand of God, he has received from the Father the promised Holy Spirit and has poured out

pour on who the disciples and promised by Christ before he went up,

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (abe @ Feb. 05 2013,19:01)
    Hi T8,

Acts2:32-33    This Jesus, God has raised up, of which we are all witnesses. Therefore being exalted to the right hand of God, and having RECEIVED from the Father the Promise of the Holy Spirit, He poured out THIS which you now see and hear.

Peace brother.

Agreed.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Feb. 05 2013,15:44)

Hi T8,

1. Father
    2. Son

God bless

The LORD is the spirit.

Who is God? The Father.
    What is God? Spirit.

=

Admin
    Keymaster
    Lightenup
    Participant

Let’s begin this thread with six videos that explain the Trinity doctrine as it is taught by Dr. R.C. Sproul. Please watch ALL six videos before posting on about them.

#1. Monotheism
    http://www.ligonier.org/learn….otheism

#2. The Biblical Witness
    http://www.ligonier.org/learn….witness

#3. Early Controversies
    http://www.ligonier.org/learn….versies

#4. Fifth-Century Controversies
    http://www.ligonier.org/learn….eresies

#5. Contradiction vs. Mystery
    http://www.ligonier.org/learn….mystery

#6. One in Essence, Three in Person
    http://www.ligonier.org/learn….-person

carmel
    Participant

Lightenup,April wrote:

[/quote]

Thanks for respecting the rules of this thread.

Lightenup,

I will do so regarding the videos.

You are aware that I am  trinitarian!

I am not so just because my parents brought me up!

I reflected and still reflecting in order to discover what scripture demonstrates regarding this unfathomable mystery,and in the same time there's enough evidence that GOD IS NOT ONLY ONE ENTITYSINCE WE ARE NOT AWARE enough WHAT A SPIRIT IS, AND WHAT IT CONSISTS OF!

ALSO there's enough clarity that spirits abide within each other, since we are also three in one person entities which definitely originated from,and are graduated spirits

To conclude ,humbly, I would like to make you aware of what the Holy Spirit enlighten me up with today!

Transfiguration event is a mnifestation of a triune God!

For now I only say that, in order to give you time to pray and reflect seriously in dept entirely regarding that particular story,

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

Proclaimer
    Participant

Moved to Discussions which allows special rules about posting.
    Truth and Tradition is an open forum.

Kelly Palmer

Thank you for this teaching, I have tried to teach my children similarly, but thought I was the only one that taught it. I taught them that they may look at it in this view…Imagine it as the Presidential
    administration….God is the President, Jesus the Vice President, and the Holy Spirit as Secretary of State.
    lol

Proclaimer
    Participant

Did you know that Sir Isaac Newton didn't believe in the Trinity and just assumed that most in his time were too easily deceived. Denying the Trinity was heretical, and so Newton remained extremely cautious about his views.  His beliefs on the Trinity, and his notes on it were not found until after his death.

Newton wondered why a metaphysical concept imported from Greek philosophy, a practice of which he was extremely suspicious was taught as truth when there was shaky inference in scripture: He insisted “the true faith was in the text.”

He blamed both Athanasius and Arius for distorting Scripture when, in the fourth century, they “introduced metaphysical subtleties into their disputes and corrupted the plain language of Scripture.”  Their debate which gave rise to the Trinity Doctrine had more in common with Plato and Aristotle than with Jesus.  Newton asked whether “Christ sent his apostles to preach metaphysics to the unlearned people, and to their wives and children?”

Newton also said that the two main scriptural proof texts for the Trinity were corrupted by supporters of the doctrine.  In a letter to John Locke called “Two Notable Corruptions of Scripture”, he outlines how 1 John 5:7 and 1 Timothy 3:16 may have been altered.  And guess what, he was absolutely correct. Later on when older texts were discovered and in 1948 when the Dead Sea Scrolls were found, they proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that these 2 proof texts were indeed corruptions and as such only exist in that corrupted state in the AKJV, before these older texts were discovered.

Wakeup
    Participant

Hi T8.

No one can fit the third person
    in John 1:1
    In the biginning was the WORD,
    and the word was with GOD.
    There are just two entities.
    GOD and his WORD.
    I'm sure you'll agree.

wakeup.

terraricca
    Participant

i wander why people still use and claim the perfection of that corrupted AKJV,but it seems imbedded in the mind of those people ;

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Sep. 27 2013,10:49)
    i wander why people still use and claim the perfection of that corrupted AKJV,but it seems imbedded in the mind of those people ;

You are so helpless,
    that one way to do is, attack the person,
    and then his bible.
    *Your* *are the judge*.
    Only *you* can say;this is a *good bible*,
    and that is a *corrupted bible*.

And use your doctrine and bible,
    as the foundation of your law.

wakeup.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Sep. 27 2013,11:49)

The scriptures were denied for centuries, so men believed as they were taught by the gate keepers. And once a weed is established, it is harder to pull out by the roots. And with a bible that clearly has a Trinitarian bias, it even left men who search liked Isaac Newton wondering what was going on.

But thanks be to God that we have many more texts to show us where these corruptions have occurred. That said, the AKJV may have added in verses and words, but there is still enough truth in there to see that the Trinity is not a tenet of the true faith.

Proclaimer
    Participant

There is a bit about Newton's rejection of the Trinity about half way through the video. If you have the time watch the whole thing. I thought it was very interesting.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ Sep. 27 2013,11:43)
    Hi T8.

No one can fit the third person
    in John 1:1
    In the biginning was the WORD,
    and the word was with GOD.
    There are just two entities.
    GOD and his WORD.
    I'm sure you'll agree.

wakeup.

Absolutely right wakeup. People say that John 1:1 teaches the Trinity. It absolutely does not. It teaches about God and the Word.

Proclaimer
    Participant

“The ideal tyranny is that which is ignorantly self-administered by its victims. The most perfect slaves are, therefore, those which blissfully and unawaredly enslave themselves.”
    -Dresden James

“A truth’s initial commotion is directly proportional to how deeply the lie was believed. It wasn’t the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn’t flat. When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.”
    -Dresden James

Viewing 20 posts - 17,421 through 17,440 (of 18,301 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account