The Trinity Doctrine

Viewing 20 posts - 17,101 through 17,120 (of 18,301 total)
  • Author
    Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (carmel @ Dec. 11 2012,06:30)
    Mike,

There's only one in authority,and that is the only glorified visible true God, and Jesus christ.

The only conclusion I can draw from this statement is that the invisible God that no man has seen or can see is not in authority. This is a direct contradiction of not just one scripture but multiple. Here are 3 witnesses against your statement.

1 Timothy 6:15-16 (English-NIV)
    15 which God will bring about in his own time, God, the blessed and only Ruler, the King of kings and Lord of lords,
    16 who alone is immortal and who lives in unapproachable light, whom no one has seen or can see. To him be honor and might forever. Amen.

1 Timothy 1:17 (English-NIV)
    Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.
    Amen.

1 John 4:12 (English-NIV)
    No one has ever seen God; ….

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 09 2012,20:28)
    Hmmm…………

But Jehovah surely said he would make Moses a god to Aaron, and Aaron would be his prophet.

Perhaps Jehovah just didn't know what He was talking about, huh?   ???

Mike, Kathi will need to correct God next.

What would be do without her, we would all be lost, even God would be so it seems.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Dec. 09 2012,14:52)

Quote (t8 @ Dec. 08 2012,15:57)

Quote (Lightenup @ Dec. 09 2012,03:15)
    t8,
    you said:

And he is the prototype son and are we not sons of God.

He, Jesus, is eternal, we are not. Here lies the difference between being the only begotten/not created son who is God by nature and attributes and being the created son who is not God by nature and attributes.

Correction.

Being the prototype does not mean you are eternal. It means you were the first. Your post is prejudice at work.

In what context is the word prototype ever used to mean eternal existence?

And if your definition were true, then that would mean you teach that the Father is a prototype too.

Far from it. God is eternal, not a prototype.

Neither one are prototypes because they are both one of a kind…one God the Father, one God the Son. They are both eternal because they are both the 'First and the Last.'

In the case of Jesus being made according to the flesh, He is considered the first of many brethren. But not so according to His eternal sonship. In that He was an only Son, no first of many.

WRONG

Jesus is the prototype of all creation. He is the prototype son.

Did you not know that prototype comes from the Greek word 'prototokos' which is translated as “Firstborn”.

Jesus is the prototype son and we are modelled after him as I mentioned before. To be the prototype, there has to be more. Just as Christ rose from the dead and received a glorious body, so shall we.

God’s intention is to have many sons just like His Firstborn Son. And as the firstborn son, he is leading many sons into glory, who are being conformed to his likeness. Heb. 2:10 & Rom. 8:29.

Quote (Lightenup @ Dec. 09 2012,14:46)
    t8,
    Please answer this:

God needs to use satan to blind the minds of people.  Yes or No

God can blind the minds of people Himself. Yes or No

God desires men to come to belief in Him through their intellect more so than their faith. Yes or No

God desires men to come to belief in Him through faith.  Yes or No

Please Kathi, one must answer question at a time.

This might help.

God blinds people, God opens people's eyes, God saves people from car crashes.

God uses angels and even demons or the Devil as agents to bring about his will.

I couldn't give you an exact answer on who God uses for all these things. Suffice to say that he uses Jesus and even Satan himself.

If there was no devil or sin, could God blind people, I don't know. Without the agent and effects of that agent, would God do it by his own accord?

Lightenup
    Participant

So if God blinds someone through the agency of someone or something, then God is the one ultimately doing the blinding. See :p

Proclaimer
    Participant

Yes ultimately God's will is done. That is the point.
    God even uses Satan to round up all who are of Satan in the very end to gather them against the Holy City. Once contained, God destroys all evil once and for all.

So you concede now that Satan is the God of this world?

Lightenup
    Participant

NO, satan is not the God of this world. God YHWH loves this world and has no need to give it to another. God YHWH never gives another god this world.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Dec. 11 2012,10:56)
    NO, satan is not the God of this world. God YHWH loves this world and has no need to give it to another. God YHWH never gives another god this world.

But God at one point wanted to destroy this world,you have to start getting your facts strait Kathi,

God love those who love him ,do you know what that means ???

Lightenup
    Participant

John 3
    16“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,f that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.

God so loved the WORLD…

Get your facts straight! ???

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Dec. 11 2012,11:31)
    John 3
    16“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,f that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.

God so loved the WORLD…

Get your facts straight!  ???

K

Understand your own quoted scriptures

You have to believe if you do not want to be judge and condemned,

Got it ???

Lightenup
    Participant

I believe IN the Son…not just about Him. I can say, “Yeshua is the LORD Jehovah.” How about you?

1 Cor 12:3 Because I inform you of this: there is no man who speaks by The Spirit of God and says, “Yeshua is damned”, neither can a man say, “Yeshua is THE LORD JEHOVAH”, except by The Spirit of Holiness.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Dec. 11 2012,12:09)
    I believe IN the Son…not just about Him. I can say, “Yeshua is the LORD Jehovah.” How about you?

1 Cor 12:3  Because I inform you of this: there is no man who speaks by The Spirit of God and says, “Yeshua is damned”, neither can a man say, “Yeshua is THE LORD JEHOVAH”, except by The Spirit of Holiness.

1 Corinthians 12:3
    Context
    NET ©
    So I want you to understand that no one speaking by the Spirit of God says, “Jesus is cursed,” and no one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit.
    NIV ©
    Therefore I tell you that no-one who is speaking by the Spirit of God says, “Jesus be cursed,” and no-one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit.
    NASB ©
    Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God says, “Jesus is accursed”; and no one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit.
    NLT ©
    So I want you to know how to discern what is truly from God: No one speaking by the Spirit of God can curse Jesus, and no one is able to say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit.
    MSG ©
    For instance, by using your heads, you know perfectly well that the Spirit of God would never prompt anyone to say “Jesus be damned!” Nor would anyone be inclined to say “Jesus is Master!” without the insight of the Holy Spirit.
    BBE ©
    So it is my desire for you to be clear about this; that no one is able to say by the Spirit of God that Jesus is cursed; and no one is able to say that Jesus is Lord, but by the Holy Spirit.
    NRSV ©
    Therefore I want you to understand that no one speaking by the Spirit of God ever says “Let Jesus be cursed!” and no one can say “Jesus is Lord” except by the Holy Spirit.
    NKJV ©
    Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God calls Jesus accursed, and no one can say that Jesus is Lord except by the Holy Spirit.

what went wrong in your book ???

Lightenup
    Participant

I didn't think you could.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Dec. 11 2012,12:35)
    I didn't think you could.

But I did

Lightenup
    Participant

You say He is Lord.
    I say He is LORD!

LORD as in Jehovah, the Son.

You can't say that Jesus is LORD as in Jehovah, the Son.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ Dec. 09 2012,11:42)
    Mike, God was speaking in a metaphorical sense unless you can show us where Moses gave Aaron his words to say instead of God and where Aaron is calling Moses 'God' and worshipping him.

Exodus 8:5
    And the LORD spake unto Moses, Say unto Aaron, Stretch forth thine hand with thy rod over the streams, over the rivers, and over the ponds, and cause frogs to come up upon the land of Egypt.

That is just one of many instances, Kathi.  

Quote (Lightenup @ Dec. 09 2012,11:42)
    I have shown you where Jesus is called 'God' and 'YHWH' and is worshipped.

Jesus is never called “YHWH” in any scripture, nor is he worshipped by anyone in any scripture.  There is, however, scripture where Jesus worships the God of the Israelites and tells us that OUR ONE God is also HIS ONE God.

Kathi, don't you believe Jesus when he says that our God is also his God?  How about you, Keith?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (carmel @ Dec. 10 2012,09:52)

Quote (MIKEBOLL @ 64)
    I don't know of any scripture that says Jesus was “involved in” creation.  I know that God, ALONE and BY HIMSELF, created all things THROUGH His holy servant Jesus Christ.

Mike,

Read,and define:

Colosians 1:16 …………. all things were created by him and in him.

John1:3  All things were made by him:…..

Do you want more???

Hi Charles,

Thanks for the short and to the point post.  :)

Colosians 1:16 …………. all things were created THROUGH him and in him.

John1:3  All things were made THROUGH him:…..

Do you have more?

Here, I'll get you started with one of many scriptures that list Jesus as someone OTHER THAN the ONE who created all things:

Acts 4
    24 When they heard this, they raised their voices together in prayer to God. “Sovereign Lord,” they said, “you made the heaven and the earth and the sea, and everything in them.

27 Indeed Herod and Pontius Pilate met together with the Gentiles and the people of Israel in this city to conspire against your holy servant Jesus, whom you anointed.

30 Stretch out your hand to heal and perform miraculous signs and wonders through the name of your holy servant Jesus.”

Charles, let's continue to keep this discussion short and to the point, okay?

1.  Is the God they prayed to the One who “made the heaven and the earth and the sea, and everything in them”?   YES or NO?

2.  According to the parts of the prayer I bolded, is Jesus that God who “made the heaven and the earth and the sea, and everything in them”?  YES or NO?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (carmel @ Dec. 10 2012,10:30)

Jesus and I worship the same one God – the One in authority.

Mike,

There's only one in authority,and that is the only glorified visible true God, and Jesus christ.

Matthew 28:18 And Jesus coming, spoke to them, saying:

All power is given to me in heaven and in earth.

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

Charles,

Who do you suppose GAVE that authority (not “power”, like some translate it) to Jesus?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (t8 @ Dec. 10 2012,15:41)
    Mike, Kathi will need to correct God next.

Why not? She already corrects His holy servant Jesus all the time.

It was Jesus who told us who to worship and serve as our God.

It was Jesus who told us that our God was also his God.

But Kathi feels she needs to correct her Lord on these points.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (terraricca @ Dec. 11 2012,00:14)

:)

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 12 2012,13:37)

Quote (terraricca @ Dec. 11 2012,00:14)

:)

:) :)

Viewing 20 posts - 17,101 through 17,120 (of 18,301 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account