The Trinity Doctrine

Viewing 20 posts - 16,861 through 16,880 (of 18,301 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Nov. 11 2012,20:52)

Quote (2besee @ Nov. 11 2012,19:12)
    It is.

“That they may all be one; even as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be in us, so that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
    The glory which thou hast given me I have given to them, that they may be one even as we are one,
    I in them and thou in me, that they may become perfectly one, so that the world may know that thou hast sent me and hast loved them even as thou hast loved me.
    Father, I desire that they also, whom thou hast given me, may be with me where I am, to behold my glory which thou hast given me in thy love for me before the foundation of the world.
    O righteous Father, the world has not known thee, but I have known thee; and these know that thou hast sent me.
    I made known to them thy name, and I will make it known, that the love with which thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.”

Going from my own experiences, to KNOW the Father God and to know the Son Jesus Christ is to have a personal relationship WITH them.

I have personally gone through stages where my heart and my trust and my behavior was far away from God, though I STILL talked ABOUT God, and I also prayed (or tried to)

I know the difference.

To KNOW the Father and the Son, is to do all that you do with and for them. It is a BOND of the heart and of the mind. it is love.

Amen to that 2besee.

+1

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Nov. 12 2012,14:02)

Quote (t8 @ Nov. 11 2012,18:46)
    The word known would be to know him as opposed to just knowing about him. I haven't got to check the Greek and Hebrew, but when Adam knew his wife, that was very different to knowing he had a wife. I think the word “know” in that sense is also how it is used with regards to knowing God.

i.e., A deep intimate relationship.

Bingo! Good Point T8!

That's why the NWT has translated John 17:3 incorrectly!

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Hi T8,

Ever notice how to win in “Bingo” you need “Five” in a row.
    That is why we need to understand “The Pattern of Five”.    (Link)

God bless

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Nov. 12 2012,17:02)
    Bingo! Good Point T8!

That's why the NWT has translated John 17:3 incorrectly!

God bless

I haven't read the NWT.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Nov. 12 2012,17:13)
    Hi T8,

God bless

Not sure what your game is here if any.

My opinion however, is that you would do better by making truth and the meat of the word way more priority than playing Bingo with numbers and making your text appear that it was inspired by God because it resembles shapes and stuff.

True inspired words are not pretty colourful words placed strategically to give an impression that a greater intelligence is involved, but words that lead to life.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Nov. 12 2012,14:44)

Quote (Ed J @ Nov. 12 2012,17:13)
    Hi T8,

God bless

My opinion however, is that you would do better by making truth and the meat of the word way more priority than playing Bingo with numbers and making your text appear that it was inspired by God because it resembles shapes and stuff.

True inspired words are not pretty colourful words placed strategically to give an impression that a greater intelligence is involved, but words that lead to life.

Hi T8,

What game are you referring to?
    Because what I post is NO GAME!
    Why is this is only a game to you?

Witnessing to a worldwide audience in behalf of YHVH!
    יהוה האלהים (JEHOVAH GOD) YÄ-hä-vā  hä ĔL-ō-Hêêm!
    Ed J (Isaiah 49:16 / Isaiah 60:14 / Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org (Ecl.9:12-16)

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Nov. 12 2012,15:32)

Hi T8,

Let's be clear and up front here OK? Are you saying 1 or 2 ?

1) that my posts appear to be inspired of God?
    2) that you don't want my posts to appear to be inspired of God?

Or is there a third possibility that you have not made clear as of yet?

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Nov. 12 2012,15:53)

Quote (Ed J @ Nov. 12 2012,15:32)

Hi T8,

God bless
    Ed J

Hi T8,

Or are you instead attempting to complement me for well organized posts?

God bless

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Nov. 12 2012,18:53)
    Hi T8,

God bless

I am saying that a post or word that is inspired by God is measured by the content in that message, not the way it is presented or how you make it add up mathematically.

If scripture has gematria in the Hebrew and Greek, then no amount of playing around with an invented English gematria is going to make your posts inspired.

I am giving you some wise advice. If you spent the same amount of time seeking God and writing what he wants you to write, then that is much better time spent than constructing posts that try to appear as if they are constructed with gematria.

If God gives you a word, then write it down or post it. IF it has gematria built in, then good, but the main thing is the message.

If you go about creating posts purposefully built with English gematria, then this shows that the posts are inspired by you. It shows that it is your brain or spirit that is inspiring the posts, not the spirit of God.

Hence why I rarely read your posts.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Nov. 12 2012,22:35)

I am not against well organised posts. Actually I am for it.

But the content of a post is 99.999999999% more important than the presentation.

By all means keep up the good presentation, but concentrate on the message, not the numbers.

Nobody reads your posts for numbers. And there is not one book in the bible that concentrates its message on numbers like you do with your posts.

I am giving you advice. You are free to ignore me of course. But someone has to say it.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 12 2012,12:41)
    do we need to know, believe in, and serve, in order to gain eternal life?

Ultimately it is one God that we believe and serve to gain eternal life.

He delegates his authority firstly to Christ, the head of the Church and our Lord. Then to angels, apostles, prophets, teachers, preachers, etc. And even down to each individual believer.

Then there is the law of the land. We are told to obey the law and pay taxes etc.

So I can't give you an exact amount of delegates involved, but can tell you that it is one God by whom all things come and one Lord Jesus Christ through whom all things come.

You might give me a rebuttal about the eternal life comment and that all most of these persons are irrelevant pertaining to that. Not so. If we are law breakers, then are we aligned to God's will. If we ignore true prophets, and apostles, then are not aligning with God's will. It is doing God's will that counts and we can only do that if we are led by his spirit and hence we will hear God's voice through whoever the servant is.

If we ignore a person that has God's message, then we are ignoring God himself who sent that person.

Now let's take a look at the Book of Revelation to see how God delegates his authority.

Revelation 1:1
    The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show to His bond-servants, the things which must soon take place; and He sent and [a]communicated it by His angel to His bond-servant John,

See how it is all from God, but through his servants and primarily through Christ.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Nov. 13 2012,06:45)

Quote (Ed J @ Nov. 12 2012,18:53)
    Hi T8,

God bless
    Ed J

I am saying that a post or word that is inspired by God is measured by the content in that message, not the way it is presented or how you make it add up mathematically.

If scripture has gematria in the Hebrew and Greek, then no amount of playing around with an invented English gematria is going to make your posts inspired.

I am giving you some wise advice. If you spent the same amount of time seeking God and writing what he wants you to write, then that is much better time spent than constructing posts that try to appear as if they are constructed with gematria.

If God gives you a word, then write it down or post it. IF it has gematria built in, then good, but the main thing is the message.

If you go about creating posts purposefully built with English gematria, then this shows that the posts are inspired by you. It shows that it is your brain or spirit that is inspiring the posts, not the spirit of God.

Hence why I rarely read your posts.

Hi T8,

Thank you my friend for being candid with me!
    And by all means if you consider my words to be
    uninspired of God, continue to disregard my posts.

But if they are in fact inspired of God, you do yourself a grave
    disservice in not reading them; but of course that is your choice.

Nevertheless I will continue thank a praise my God (YHVH)
    that you allow me to post here irregardless of how you feel!

Other Christian forums have not had your tolerance of me.
    Mike also has seen the heavy hand of those who hold power.
    That is why I agree that he as well as you are good moderators!

I have personally have witnessed you both turn the proverbial
    other cheek of being slapped by those of a less mature spirit. So all is well,
    keep up the good work, and please do continue to express your beliefs to me brother!

Your brother
    in Christ, Jesus.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Nov. 13 2012,06:48)

Quote (Ed J @ Nov. 12 2012,22:35)

I am not against well organised posts. Actually I am for it.

But the content of a post is 99.999999999% more important than the presentation.

By all means keep up the good presentation, but concentrate on the message, not the numbers.

Nobody reads your posts for numbers. And there is not one book in the bible that concentrates its message on numbers like you do with your posts.

I am giving you advice. You are free to ignore me of course. But someone has to say it.

Hi T8,

Thank you
    and God bless!

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ Nov. 11 2012,20:48)
    Hi Mike,

You have not proven anything until you prove it to someone else.

What I proved is that it is scriptural that we have the very same God Jesus has.

If Jesus' God isn't a combination of Father and Son, then our God isn't a combination of Father and Son.

People are free to believe what they want, but my claim is aligned with the scriptures, and therefore it has been proven as far as I'm concerned. So even if you chose to ignore John 20:17, it wouldn't have any bearing on the fact that I scripturally proved my case.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Nov. 12 2012,14:58)

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 12 2012,12:41)
    do we need to know, believe in, and serve, in order to gain eternal life?

Ultimately it is one God that we believe and serve to gain eternal life.

He delegates his authority firstly to Christ, the head of the Church and our Lord. Then to angels, apostles, prophets, teachers, preachers, etc. And even down to each individual believer.

Then there is the law of the land. We are told to obey the law and pay taxes etc.

So I can't give you an exact amount of delegates involved, but can tell you that it is one God by whom all things come and one Lord Jesus Christ through whom all things come.

You might give me a rebuttal about the eternal life comment and that all most of these persons are irrelevant pertaining to that. Not so. If we are law breakers, then are we aligned to God's will. If we ignore true prophets, and apostles, then are not aligning with God's will. It is doing God's will that counts and we can only do that if we are led by his spirit and hence we will hear God's voice through whoever the servant is.

If we ignore a person that has God's message, then we are ignoring God himself who sent that person.

Now let's take a look at the Book of Revelation to see how God delegates his authority.

Revelation 1:1
    The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show to His bond-servants, the things which must soon take place; and He sent and [a]communicated it by His angel to His bond-servant John,

See how it is all from God, but through his servants and primarily through Christ.

Now tell me how many we need to believe IN, not just believe for eternal life.

So you think that you have to believe in Jesus to gain eternal life or just believe Jesus?

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Nov. 12 2012,18:04)

Quote (Ed J @ Nov. 11 2012,20:48)
    Hi Mike,

You have not proven anything until you prove it to someone else.

What I proved is that it is scriptural that we have the very same God Jesus has.

If Jesus' God isn't a combination of Father and Son, then our God isn't a combination of Father and Son.

People are free to believe what they want, but my claim is aligned with the scriptures, and therefore it has been proven as far as I'm concerned.  So even if you chose to ignore John 20:17, it wouldn't have any bearing on the fact that I scripturally proved my case.

The problem with this Mike, is YHWH is not just God but God and Lord. You just want YHWH to be God but not Lord apparently.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Kathi,

Jesus calls YHWH “my God”, and ALSO calls Him “the Lord of heaven and earth”.

I have NEVER said that Jehovah is not the God of gods AND the Lord of lords.  He is both of those things.

His Son and Servant Jesus Christ is ALSO a Lord over other lords and a King over other kings.

Lightenup
    Participant

Mike,
    Do you understand that 'echad' can mean unity?
    Do you understand that YHWH is echad?

Lightenup
    Participant

t8,
    Do you believe a unity can have a member within it that has authority over another member within that same unity?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 12 2012,19:48)
    Mike,
    Do you understand that 'echad' can mean unity?
    Do you understand that YHWH is echad?

I understand that the Hebrew word “echad” means “one”.  And I understand that, just like in English, the word “one” can either refer to a singularity, or to a unity of two or more entities.

For example, I could say that the President and his son are “one” on this issue – meaning that they are of one mind, and want the same results.

And YOU, knowing that the English word “one” could mean a unity of of two or more, could take that statement and try to prove that the President and his son were some compound being, who TOGETHER form our President.

But it wouldn't be true, would it?  So what makes you think the same exact scenario in the case of God and HIS Son would result in some compound being?

Surely you can't arrive at this bold conclusion from the simple words, “I and the Father are one”, can you?  Because if you can, then maybe Charles is right that we are all God, because we can all be “one” with Jesus and his Father.

Do you think Charles has a valid point, Kathi?  Do you think the elect will become part of the “echad unity” because they are said to be “one” with God?

Or do you think maybe you're just reading a whole lot into that simple word “one”, because you WANT that simple little word to be teaching that Jesus is God along with his own God?

I believe it is the latter.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Kathi,

Is is possible that our Almighty God is the God of gods AND the Lord of lords – and that Jesus is someone OTHER THAN our Almighty God who is ALSO called “Lord of lords”?  YES or NO?

In other words, is it possible for two different beings to share the title “Lord of lords”, WITHOUT being a “compound echad unity Godhead”?

A simple “YES” or “NO” to either or both questions will suffice.

Viewing 20 posts - 16,861 through 16,880 (of 18,301 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account