The Trinity Doctrine

Viewing 20 posts - 16,821 through 16,840 (of 18,301 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

Actually, it's code for, “I've already proved my case.” :)

When are you going to answer Kathi's 6 questions?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Is 1:18 @ Nov. 10 2012,01:01)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Nov. 10 2012,15:33)

Quote (Is 1:18 @ Nov. 09 2012,22:21)
    My God is the Father. I would never say otherwise.

So your God is NOT the trinity of Father, Son, and Spirit?

As I've said several times – my God is YHWH.

Please answer the question DIRECTLY, Paul.

Do you believe your God consists of THREE persons:  the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit?  YES or NO?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ Nov. 11 2012,08:50)
    In what sense is He greater?

Ask Jesus. He said it and I choose to believe him.
    And his God is our God.
    Good enough for me.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ Nov. 11 2012,08:50)
    In what sense is He greater?

Hi Paul,

In the sense that Jesus meant what he said…

“my Father is greater than I” (John 14:28)

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ Nov. 11 2012,05:52)

Quote (Ed J @ Nov. 10 2012,19:21)

Quote (Is 1:18 @ Nov. 10 2012,18:00)
    Does Yeshua having the Father as His God mean that he has a disparite nature? – prove it scriptually.

disparite nature?     …what is that?

disparate (spelling corrected):

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/disparate

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the clarification.

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 11 2012,01:44)
    If you don't have the theos who is Jesus, you don't have the theos who can be your Father.

LU, if I have the son, who is my messiah and lord, and I love his God who is my God, then why do I need the additional condition that Jesus is also THE theos.

I don't.

I confess that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God who is the Father.

Amen.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ Nov. 10 2012,21:00)
    The game I like to play is to give direct answers to questions posed to me, which I've done several times tonight by the way.

Do you believe this to be true.

“Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.”

Yes or No.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Let's recap the truth so far.

Eternal life is to believe that the only true God sent Jesus.

And the Father is the God of Jesus and our God.

Jesus is the son of this God.
    God made him the messiah and Lord.
    And Jesus built his Church on this truth.

No wonder Satan attacks that truth.

Every tongue will confess that Jesus is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. We confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, he is the messiah, and he is the son of God.

Who concurs?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

I'm with you, because I have no pre-conceived notions that require me to add to what was written.

Richtuner
    Participant

I have noticed on this thread and others this scripture is used,
    Joh_17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent

Just what does this mean to you who use this? What do you get from the “know”?

this should be in the light of, Jas_2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

Also how does this other one fit into your understanding,
    Mat_7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I “never knew” you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity
    What does Jesus mean in using the word “knew”

And finally, the scripture in Gal_4:9 But now, after that ye have “known” God, or rather are “known” of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage?

If you are not known of God,or Jesus never knew you, seem to indicate that you can say you know God, but if God does not know you then you are no better off than the devils.

How does the statement “I know God, therefore I am saved” be true by itself?

2besee
    Participant

Quote (Richtuner @ Nov. 11 2012,11:55)
    I have noticed on this thread and others this scripture is used,
    Joh_17:3  And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent

Just what does this mean to you who use this? What do you get from the “know”?

this should be in the light of, Jas_2:19  Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

Also how does this other one fit into your understanding,
    Mat_7:23  And then will I profess unto them, I “never knew” you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity
    What does Jesus mean in  using the word “knew”

And finally, the scripture in  Gal_4:9  But now, after that ye have “known” God, or rather are “known” of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage?

If you are not known of God,or Jesus never knew you, seem to indicate that you can say you know God, but if God does not know you then you are no better off than the devils.

To know the Father and to know the Son is to walk with them, like Enoch.

Anyone can talk 'about' them, that is so easy to do, however, God is more than a 'school project'.

“You search the scriptures, because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is they that bear witness to me; yet you refuse to come to me that you may have life.
    I do not receive glory from men.
    But I know that you have not the love of God within you.
    I have come in my Father's name, and you do not receive me; if another comes in his own name, him you will receive.
    How can you believe, who receive glory from one another and do not seek the glory that comes from the only God?”

He who has my commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves me; and he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and manifest myself to him

And His commandments were to love God and to love one another.

2besee
    Participant

Matthew 15,

`This people honors me with their lips,
    but their heart is far from me;
    in vain do they worship me,
    teaching as doctrines the precepts of men.'”

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Richtuner @ Nov. 11 2012,12:55)

RT, I agree.

But it is an essential truth that many attack. And if you don't have the son, you don't have the Father because God sent his son into the world to redeem the world back to himself. If God sent him to save us, then it stands to reason why Jesus is important and essential to the salvation of man.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (2besee @ Nov. 11 2012,14:55)
    “He who has my commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves me; and he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and manifest myself to him”

Good stuff 2besee.

This is a scripture that is not committed to my memory and yet it is one that I should know because I have been showing how important it is to not teach people to break the commandments. Especially the first one.

Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one.

There are are a number of people here who teach that the LORD is binune or triune. We should not endorse such people and expose their false teachings.

Richtuner
    Participant

Okay, but still I want to know what is meant to “KNOW” the Lord. What do you think it means to you in light of all the scriptures above.?
    Like I said it seems to me that if you say you know the Lord, you still could hear the Lord say “depart from me”, even though these people said that they did all these works in His name.
    They must have known, (at least about) the Lord, but are not known by the Lord.

Proclaimer
    Participant

The word known would be to know him as opposed to just knowing about him. I haven't got to check the Greek and Hebrew, but when Adam knew his wife, that was very different to knowing he had a wife. I think the word “know” in that sense is also how it is used with regards to knowing God.

i.e., A deep intimate relationship.

2besee
    Participant

It is.

“That they may all be one; even as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be in us, so that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
    The glory which thou hast given me I have given to them, that they may be one even as we are one,
    I in them and thou in me, that they may become perfectly one, so that the world may know that thou hast sent me and hast loved them even as thou hast loved me.
    Father, I desire that they also, whom thou hast given me, may be with me where I am, to behold my glory which thou hast given me in thy love for me before the foundation of the world.
    O righteous Father, the world has not known thee, but I have known thee; and these know that thou hast sent me.
    I made known to them thy name, and I will make it known, that the love with which thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.”

Going from my own experiences, to KNOW the Father God and to know the Son Jesus Christ is to have a personal relationship WITH them.

I have personally gone through stages where my heart and my trust and my behavior was far away from God, though I STILL talked ABOUT God, and I also prayed (or tried to)

I know the difference.

To KNOW the Father and the Son, is to do all that you do with and for them. It is a BOND of the heart and of the mind. it is love.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Amen to that 2besee.

Richtuner
    Participant

I like the answers that it is a “personal and intimate relationship” with God and Jesus.

Although I'm not comfortable with the statement “To KNOW the Father and the Son, is to do all that you do with and for them”

Remember that Jesus will tell some that who said they had done great things, (works) for Him, but that's where Jesus says to them that He never KNEW them.

Therefore, what does it mean to God to know us? We testify it is to have a personal and intimate relationship to us.

How do we get that personal and intimate relationship with Him?

Richtuner
    Participant

I must follow up on the statement

“To KNOW the Father and the Son, is to do all that you do with and for them”

Also the question

How do we get that personal and intimate relationship with Him?

I think the former states of works as opposed to grace. Works will never get us into Heaven or please God.

i guess I've answered myself in the latter.

Viewing 20 posts - 16,821 through 16,840 (of 18,301 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account