The Trinity Doctrine

Viewing 20 posts - 16,721 through 16,740 (of 18,301 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 01 2012,21:08)
    ……….if Jesus is a literal son of God, that would make Him the same type as the Father…the God type.

Yet in the other thread, although you and jammin also DESCRIBE “God” as a SPECIES in Phil 2:6, you both DENY and REJECT the word “species”?

Why? You're clearly DESCRIBING God as a species, of which there are TWO members. So why not just come out and say what you're describing? ???

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 01 2012,21:12)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Nov. 01 2012,21:53)

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 01 2012,20:45)
    Mike,
    I think this sums things up to show that Jesus is making Himself out to be the Son of God and therefore God with the Father:

I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself……………

I enjoy your sense of humor, Kathi.  :)

What God does, Jesus does.

I try to imitate my God as well, Kathi. Jesus and I are “equal” in that respect………… we BOTH try to imitate our God Jehovah. :)

You do realize that I, you, and Jesus have the SAME EXACT God, right? :)

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 02 2012,01:02)
    ………why 'should' don't you do those supernatural things that Jesus did……..

Are you talking about the many supernatural signs and wonders God did THROUGH his holy servant Jesus Christ? (Acts 2:22)

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 03 2012,10:18)
    Philippians 2:10That in The Name of Yeshua, every knee shall bow, which is in Heaven and in The Earth and which is under The Earth, 11And every tongue shall confess that Yeshua The Messiah is THE LORD JEHOVAH to the glory of God his Father.

Reminder: the first commandment.
    Next reminder: Not in scripture.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Nov. 07 2012,16:53)

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 02 2012,01:02)
    ………why 'should' don't you do those supernatural things that Jesus did……..

Are you talking about the many supernatural signs and wonders God did THROUGH his holy servant Jesus Christ?  (Acts 2:22)

Yeah. And greater things will some do because he went to the Father.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Nov. 07 2012,00:14)

Philippians 2:10That in The Name of Yeshua, every knee shall bow, which is in Heaven and in The Earth and which is under The Earth, 11And every tongue shall confess that Yeshua The Messiah is THE LORD JEHOVAH to the glory of God his Father.

That is straight out of the Aramaic Bible in Plain English.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Nov. 06 2012,21:48)

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 01 2012,21:08)
    ……….if Jesus is a literal son of God, that would make Him the same type as the Father…the God type.

Yet in the other thread, although you and jammin also DESCRIBE “God” as a SPECIES in Phil 2:6, you both DENY and REJECT the word “species”?

Why?  You're clearly DESCRIBING God as a species, of which there are TWO members.  So why not just come out and say what you're describing?   ???

It is best to use words used to describe the Father and the Son with words in scripture. The Father and the Son are the two powers of the YHWH Echad. The second power is the exact representation of the first power. They are two of a kind.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Nov. 06 2012,21:45)

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 01 2012,21:11)
    Is Jesus the Lord of YOUR life?

Jesus is one of my Lords, yes.  My God Jehovah MADE him my Lord.  But unlike you, I don't confuse this Lord with the LORD who MADE him Lord and Christ.

Mike,
    And just when did God make Him Lord?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 07 2012,19:20)

Quote (t8 @ Nov. 07 2012,00:14)

That is straight out of the Aramaic Bible in Plain English.

Your translation must be dodgy then.

This might be of interest to you.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Language_of_the_New_Testament

The New Testament is an anthology, a collection of Christian works written in the common Greek language of the first century, at different times by various writers, and canonically named for the early Jewish disciples of Jesus of Nazareth. In almost all Christian traditions today, the New Testament consists of 27 books. The original texts were written in the first and perhaps the second centuries of the Christian Era, most likely in Koine Greek, which was the common language of the Eastern Mediterranean from the Conquests of Alexander the Great (335–323 BC) till the evolution of Byzantine Greek (c. 600). All of the works which would eventually be incorporated into the New Testament would seem to have been written no later than around AD 150.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 07 2012,19:27)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Nov. 06 2012,21:45)

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 01 2012,21:11)
    Is Jesus the Lord of YOUR life?

Jesus is one of my Lords, yes.  My God Jehovah MADE him my Lord.  But unlike you, I don't confuse this Lord with the LORD who MADE him Lord and Christ.

Mike,

That is an interesting question. Not sure it relates to this post. But we know the approximate time when he made him Christ.

Proclaimer
    Participant

It is clear that your only foundation for what you believe is a certain translation that differs from all others.

Do the Dead Sea Scrolls have the New Testament in Aramaic? If so, then I might consider what you say. As it stands, its you against the nearly every single bible in existence.

Anyway that is another topic.

Lightenup
    Participant

t8,
    Can kurios be a placeholder for YHWH in the Greek?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 06 2012,23:27)
    Mike,

Before all ages, according to Jude 1:25. At least that is one way we could interpret that verse.

I guess my official answer is “I don't know, Kathi.” :)

But ask me what I DO know……………….

I know that Jehovah MADE Jesus Lord, and therefore he couldn't have been the “Lord part of the Echad God” from eternity.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Bump for Kathi:

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Nov. 06 2012,20:51)
    You do realize that I, you, and Jesus have the SAME EXACT God, right?  :)

Proclaimer
    Participant

Yes good point Mike.

We have the same God.

And Kathi's God according to her own teaching is obviously different to the God of Jesus which is also the God of all true believers.

Lightenup
    Participant

That is amusing that in those last two posts t8 'good points' Mike but then totally disagrees with what he posted, as seen in his last statement. ???
    Unless Mike was saying that himself, t8 and Jesus have the same God. I can't even find the original quote. Where was the original quote, Mike?

However, Mike and t8 do not have the same God because t8's God did not create Jesus and Mike's God did create Jesus.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Nov. 07 2012,21:20)

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 06 2012,23:27)
    Mike,

Before all ages, according to Jude 1:25.  At least that is one way we could interpret that verse.

I guess my official answer is “I don't know, Kathi.”  :)

But ask me what I DO know……………….

I know that Jehovah MADE Jesus Lord, and therefore he couldn't have been the “Lord part of the Echad God” from eternity.

The YHWH echad existed before eternity and wasn't the creator or redeemer before creation either. Nevertheless, the YHWH Echad, the eternal unity still existed.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 07 2012,07:16)
    t8,

What do you say, t8…yes or no to the 'bumped' question?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 08 2012,06:05)
    The YHWH echad existed before eternity and wasn't the creator or redeemer before creation either.

Ah, but the fact that God MADE the universe means the universe wasn't eternally existing, right?

Likewise, the fact that God MADE Jesus Lord means that Jesus wasn't eternally existing as Lord.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 08 2012,02:16)
    t8,

Yes, and so can others be called that.

Context is the key as I have always maintained.

Usually it tells you what kurios is being referenced.

Viewing 20 posts - 16,721 through 16,740 (of 18,301 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account