The temptation of Jesus Christ

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ Sep. 05 2011,21:51)
    Mike,
    Yes.

“Yes” to what, Kathi?

Lightenup
    Participant

Yes to the fact that satan was trying to bribe the one who created him.  Satan also bribed Eve to think she could be like the one who made her.

edited to correct spelling.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Sep. 11 2011,12:49)
    What does that mean, Kathi?  Does it mean you have only ONE God, who is made up of TWO persons?  Or does it mean you have TWO GODS who are one in purpose?

Because in the Freak Greek thread, you clearly said that Jesus was A DIFFERENT GOD who was with “THE God” in the beginning.

It seems to me that we both acknowledged that John 1:1 spoke of TWO gods.  And the only difference was that I thought one was “God” and the other was “a god”, while you thought they both were “Gods”.

Correct me if I'm wrong.  

And please explain what “two Gods who are One” means.

It means there are two persons who are both God by nature, who are interdependent on each other and their Spirit to be the fullness of God to creation. Together, they act as one Creator, and one Redeemer…together they act and speak typically as one God, even though they are each God by nature.

Kathi

mikeboll64
    Blocked

So, then you DO think we have TWO Almighty Gods? And you DO worship TWO Almighty Gods?

Kathi, why hide behind confusing word games? If you believe in and worship TWO Almighty Gods, then have to GUTS and CONVICTION to just say so boldly and without confusion, okay?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ Sep. 11 2011,12:37)
    Yes to the fact that satan was trying to bride the one who created him.  

Well, then I guess I can't go any farther with you in this thread, can I?

I you are blinded enough by your own imagined doctrine that you will claim that Satan was trying to bribe his own Creator with the kingdoms that Creator GAVE to him in the first place, then what else can I say?

Your doctrine is not only unscriptural, but also causes you to make extremely illogical claims like the one you've just made.  If YOU are okay with making claims like this, then I will take you off of my list of serious Bible students, and add you to my list of HN goofballs. Jack has resided on that list for over a year now because he is not ashamed to make absurd claims like “I am the same being as my father”. Kathi, you have just joined his ranks in my eyes.

Take care of yourself,
    mike

Lightenup
    Participant

Mike,
    Satan IS extremely illogical, he is the father of lies. To speak lies when the ONE who is truth and is your judge can hear you, is extremely illogical. He exalts himself as a god…that alone tells you how illogical he is.

Also, you will have to account for all your careless insults before God's throne one day.

Matt 12:36 “But I tell you that every careless word that people speak, they shall give an accounting for it in the day of judgment. 37“For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.”

Kathi

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Sep. 11 2011,14:30)
    So, then you DO think we have TWO Almighty Gods?  And you DO worship TWO Almighty Gods?

Kathi, why hide behind confusing word games?  If you believe in and worship TWO Almighty Gods, then have to GUTS and CONVICTION to just say so boldly and without confusion, okay?

Mike,

Still other seed fell on fertile soil. This seed grew and produced a crop that was a hundred times as much as had been planted!” When he had said this, he called out, “Anyone with ears to hear should listen and understand.”

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ Sep. 11 2011,14:32)
    Mike,
    Satan IS extremely illogical, he is the father of lies.  To speak lies when the ONE who is truth and is your judge can hear you, is extremely illogical.  He exalts himself as a god…that alone tells you how illogical he is.

Also, you will have to account for all your careless insults before God's throne one day.

Matt 12:36 “But I tell you that every careless word that people speak, they shall give an accounting for it in the day of judgment. 37“For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.”

Kathi

Kathi,

My words are not careless at all.  I say what I mean.  I used to enjoy the in depth discussions, friendly banter, and scriptural challenges you once offered me.

You are now a parrot repeating unscriptural things over and over, as if you think some of us will start to believe them just because we hear it repeated so much.  ???

This is your version of the temptation of Christ:

Hey Jehovah!  I know that you are God Almighty and created me and gave me some piddly little kingdoms on this piddly little planet earth.  I know that all power I have comes from you and that you could squash me like a bug at will.  But, just for the fun of it, I will offer you back these piddly little kingdoms if you worship me.

Kathi, in the past I could see a faint glimmer of possibility in some of the things you were claiming – what with the different translations and what not.  You caused me to search deep into the scriptures and original languages for rebuttals.  But what we have here is nothing short of a person whose doctrine has been solidly shot down being willing to claim the most illogical, nonsensical thing I've ever heard on HN – just so she doesn't have to say, “Oops.  I was wrong.”

For Satan to usurp God's authority from unwitting human beings is one thing.  For you to claim that Satan is stupid enough to think the God who created him would worship him is absolutely absurd.

Here is the FACT of the matter:  Even the demons know there is but one God, and they shudder at the mention of His Name.  Satan would NEVER have asked his own God to worship him.  

The temptation of Christ is clear and irrefutable proof that Jesus is not God Almighty.  And your denial of this clear proof puts you on a par with Jackaroo in my book.

And all your compound unity database thread shows is that Jesus, his disciples, certain angels, and God Himself all share a common purpose and goal.  Not one of the scriptures you've listed there makes Jesus BE Jehovah any more than they make the disciples BE Jehovah.

And not even the Trinitarians here, blind as they are, support your polytheistic TWO Almighty Gods doctrine.

Kathi, Jehovah is the Most High God. (Gen 14:22)  And Jesus is the SON OF the Most High God. (Mark 5:7)  Please believe these scriptures and come out of her.

mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ Sep. 11 2011,14:34)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Sep. 11 2011,14:30)
    So, then you DO think we have TWO Almighty Gods?  And you DO worship TWO Almighty Gods?

Kathi, why hide behind confusing word games?  If you believe in and worship TWO Almighty Gods, then have to GUTS and CONVICTION to just say so boldly and without confusion, okay?

Mike,

Still other seed fell on fertile soil. This seed grew and produced a crop that was a hundred times as much as had been planted!” When he had said this, he called out, “Anyone with ears to hear should listen and understand.”

See?  More confusing word games.  :)

Kathi, why not just come out and shout it, like this:

Hi All!  My name is Kathi and I am a polytheist!  I proudly believe in the TWO SEPARATE GODS who created me.  And I proudly worship TWO Almighty Gods!

Will you support that statement about yourself, Kathi? If not, then why not?

Lightenup
    Participant

Mike,
    I am not a polytheist. You just don't understand how God can be a compound unity of more than one person who are both God by original eternal nature, one as the Father and the other as the Son with their eternal Spirit.

No need to comment Mike. I know you don't get it.
    Kathi

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Kathi, how many gods are mentioned in John 1:1?

Lightenup
    Participant

none.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Kathi,

How many θεοὶ are mentioned in John 1:1?  (θεοὶ is the plural form of theos)

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 29 2011,07:26)
    My answer to Mike,
    I can't answer for satan, nor will I entertain what was on his mind.  Sorry but I am not going to discuss what he may or may not have thought.  You can respect that or not.  I already told you before you made this thread that I will not spend my time on this, I only answer now to give a record that I have responded to your post.

Kathi

Kathi, what does scripture say who Satan thinks Jesus is?

Scripture says that Satan said, “if you are the son of God”.

Peter also said, “You are the son of the living God and the messiah” and Jesus said, “upon this rock I will build my Church”. Notice the words “MY CHURCH”.

Then Paul says, “For us there is one God the Father”. Notice the word “US”.

Now ask yourself, who best represents US and the CHURCH. You or Mike, myself, and others who teach in like manner?

If you don't answer, then at least think about it.

And what truth was Satan casting doubt upon or questioning:
    – that Jesus is God,
    – or that Jesus is the son of God.

Is it not US who say that there is one God the Father and is it not us who say that Jesus is the son OF God?

Why teach another doctrine and why try to disprove us for teaching the truth?

Proclaimer
    Participant

I would be concerned about your teaching Kathi. When you inject your understanding of God into scripture, then nearly all scripture in the New Testament breaks when you replace God with Binity or Compound Unity Substance.

Don't let pride harden your heart. Be open and honest. This is a requirement if you want to walk on the path of truth and hear the voice of truth.

ftk
    Participant

To all: I would like to put in my two cents worth!

I believe Jesus faith was tempted in much the same way as our faith is tempted. Jesus was tempted as a son of God. “if you are the son of God…..! If thou be the son of God do this or that….! There was no temptation really with the part where all the world stuff would be given to Jesus if he bowed down….he was communicating with a liar apart from the truth. He was dealing with a deceiver and liar.

I believe we are being tempted with evil/lies. Much of our temptation is “if thou be a son of God…do this or do that…”! We are sons of God like Jesus building up or rising up in his Kingdom through his truth. ……And we know this that when we see him we will be like him….TK

terraricca
    Participant

TK

I believe we are being tempted with evil/lies. Much of our temptation is “if thou be a son of God…do this or do that…”! We are sons of God like Jesus building up or rising up in his Kingdom through his truth. ……And we know this that when we see him we will be like him….TK

this comment is only good for one cent;

we are only on the way to become sons of God ,Christ WAS,HIS,the son of God.

Pierre

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (terraricca @ Sep. 14 2011,08:54)

Well Tim,

One penny is still better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick, right?  :)

Tim, the point of the thread is that Satan would never in a million years have tried to tempt God Himself by bribing Him with the very kingdoms He gave to Satan in the first place.  Satan would never in a million years think for a moment that the God who created him would actually bow down and do an act of worship to him.

The temptation of Jesus Christ is absolute proof that Jesus was not “God on earth”, but the Son OF God – just like the whole of the Bible teaches.

peace,
    mike

ftk
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Sep. 15 2011,01:54)
    TK

we are only on the way to become sons of God ,Christ WAS,HIS,the son of God.

Pierre

Pierre: I guess you are only a half of a son of your father. That is not the case with sons of God.

We are all sons of God from birth, we just don't know it. Until the truth comes to our attention, we are duped and covered with thoughts and beliefs in this world and so it must be to experience life apart from God. But when the soul has completed its births and life's on earth, one will feel the urge of the soul pulling him to the knowledge of the things of God to begin our journey home, where we never left, we just thought we did! My opinion. TK

terraricca
    Participant

tk

Pierre: I guess you are only a half of a son of your father. That is not the case with sons of God.

We are all sons of God from birth, we just don't know it. Until the truth comes to our attention, we are duped and covered with thoughts and beliefs in this world and so it must be to experience life apart from God. But when the soul has completed its births and life's on earth, one will feel the urge of the soul pulling him to the knowledge of the things of God to begin our journey home, where we never left, we just thought we did! My opinion. TK

Jn 1:12 Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God—
    Jn 1:13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.

Jn 3:5 Jesus answered, “I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit.
    Jn 3:6 Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit.

your opinion is to say the least NOT align with scriptures,(1)GIVING THE RIGHT TO BECOME CHILDREN OF GOD,(2)WE HAVE TO BE BORN AGAIN,THIS MEAN THAT OUR FIRST BIRTH DOES NOT GIVE US THAT RIGHT TO BECOME CHILDREN OF GOD,(3)SO BORN AGAIN FROM THE SPIRIT MEANS GODS WILL AND NOT RESIST GODS WILL BUT BE SUBMIT FULLY,

AGAIN IS CHRIST LYING ? OR ARE YOU MISS UNDERSTAND HIS WORDS ?

Pierre

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 65 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account