The temptation of Jesus Christ

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

Hi All,

This thread is to put Kathi in the Hot Seat.  In fact, I was going to title the thread, “Kathi, are you getting warm?  That's because I put you in the Hot Seat!”  :)  But then I figured a title that better represented the actual discussion would be more appropriate.

The following is Luke's account of the temptation of Jesus Christ:

Luke 4
    The Temptation of Jesus
    1 Jesus, full of the Holy Spirit, returned from the Jordan and was led by the Spirit in the desert, 2 where for forty days he was tempted by the devil. He ate nothing during those days, and at the end of them he was hungry.
    3 The devil said to him, “If you are the Son of God, tell this stone to become bread.”

4 Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man does not live on bread alone.’”

5 The devil led him up to a high place and showed him in an instant all the kingdoms of the world. 6 And he said to him, “I will give you all their authority and splendor, for it has been given to me, and I can give it to anyone I want to. 7 So if you worship me, it will all be yours.”

8 Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God and serve him only.’”

9 The devil led him to Jerusalem and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. “If you are the Son of God,” he said, “throw yourself down from here. 10 For it is written:

“‘He will command his angels concerning you
      to guard you carefully;
    11 they will lift you up in their hands,
      so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.’”

12 Jesus answered, “It says: ‘Do not put the Lord your God to the test.’”

13 When the devil had finished all this tempting, he left him until an opportune time.

Verse 3:  “If you are the Son of God, tell this stone to become bread.”

Q:  Does Satan think Jesus is God Almighty Himself, or rather the Son OF that One?

Verses 6 and 7:  “I will give you all their authority and splendor, for it has been given to me, and I can give it to anyone I want to.  So if you worship me, it will all be yours.”

Q:  Is Satan seriously asking his God and Creator to worship him?  Is he trying to bribe the One who GAVE him the kingdoms of the world with those very kingdoms that were GIVEN to him?

Verses 9, 10, and 11:  “If you are the Son of God, throw yourself down from here. For it is written: ‘He will command his angels concerning you to guard you carefully; they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.’”

Q:  Is Satan supposing that God Almighty needs angels to protect Him?

The main point of this thread is to show Kathi that Satan, as one who has dwelt in heaven and knows the people and secrets of that place, never for a moment considered the Son OF God to be the God he was the Son OF.  

Kathi……………WHY NOT?  Why didn't Satan know what you “know”?  Why didn't Satan know he was speaking to the one who created him?  Why didn't Satan know that he was addressing “Jehovah the Son”? Why would Satan for one second believe that God Almighty would bow down and worship him?

peace,
    mike

Lightenup
    Participant

My answer to Mike,
    I can't answer for satan, nor will I entertain what was on his mind. Sorry but I am not going to discuss what he may or may not have thought. You can respect that or not. I already told you before you made this thread that I will not spend my time on this, I only answer now to give a record that I have responded to your post.

Kathi

mikeboll64
    Blocked

:D  :laugh:  :D

Good one, Kathi!  You heard it here first, folks.  Kathi, who “knows” Jesus IS God, apparently knows what Satan, who use to actually live in heaven, does NOT know!   :D

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 28 2011,14:26)
    I can't answer for satan, nor will I entertain what was on his mind.

Kathi,

Certainly you could venture an educated guess as to whether or not Satan was trying to get the God who created him to worship him by offering kingdoms which were originally GIVEN to him BY that God, can't you?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 28 2011,14:26)
    I already told you before you made this thread that I will not spend my time on this

And why is that, Kathi? Are these not scriptures I'm trying to discuss with you? Are you not interested in discussing scriptures?

I know why you don't want this discussion, Kathi. We all do. :)

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Just a reminder: This thread is open to all.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Verses 6 and 7:  “I will give you all their authority and splendor, for it has been given to me, and I can give it to anyone I want to.  So if you worship me, it will all be yours.”

Q:  Is Satan seriously asking his God and Creator to worship him?  Is he trying to bribe the One who GAVE him the kingdoms of the world with those very kingdoms that were GIVEN to him?

Isn't anyone going to comment on this breakthrough?  Surely Satan would have known if Jesus was the God who created him, right?  And let's add these into the mix:

James 2:19
    You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.

Luke 8:28
    When he saw Jesus, he cried out and fell at his feet, shouting at the top of his voice, “What do you want with me, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? I beg you, don’t torture me!”

Apparently Satan and the demons know there is one God Most High, and that Jesus is NOT that One, but His SON.  And this is also what the whole of scriptures teach.  So why would anyone in their right mind just up and decide that Jesus IS the God Most High that he is the Son of?  ???

mike

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 29 2011,14:26)
    My answer to Mike,
    I can't answer for satan, nor will I entertain what was on his mind.  Sorry but I am not going to discuss what he may or may not have thought.  You can respect that or not.  I already told you before you made this thread that I will not spend my time on this, I only answer now to give a record that I have responded to your post.

Kathi

Kathi

your answer is no answer ,it is only a visit to say nothing ,

and Mike does not ask you to know what Satan has in his mind only what Scriptures says about it ,

do you not want the truth of what scriptures teaches or what is written in it ???

Pierre

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Thank you for your help, Pierre.  Kathi wants no part of this thread for a very selfish reason.  It clearly shows that Satan, who has actually lived in heaven and knows all the players, KNOWS that Jesus is NOT the God who created him and his demons.  Satan and his demons know exactly what all the scriptures teach:  Jesus is the SON OF God, and not God Himself.

I call her reason “selfish” because her refusal to discuss the scriptures in this thread prove that maintaining her own imaginged doctrine is more important to her than the actual truth of the scriptures.

peace,
    mike

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 31 2011,18:35)
    Thank you for your help, Pierre.  Kathi wants no part of this thread for a very selfish reason.  It clearly shows that Satan, who has actually lived in heaven and knows all the players, KNOWS that Jesus is NOT the God who created him and his demons.  Satan and his demons know exactly what all the scriptures teach:  Jesus is the SON OF God, and not God Himself.

I call her reason “selfish” because her refusal to discuss the scriptures in this thread prove that maintaining her own imaginged doctrine is more important to her than the actual truth of the scriptures.

peace,
    mike

Mike

no problem ,but Kathi as her mind stick up in this dream of unity that anything that would destroy it ,she called it untrue or refuse to address ,this is a typical behavior of the deceivers,”sales man behavior” I say

Pierre

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Bumped to Paul's attention, since his sister Kathi is scared to comment on these scriptures because she KNOWS what they teach.

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Sep. 05 2011,06:06)
    Bumped to Paul's attention, since his sister Kathi is scared to comment on these scriptures because she KNOWS what they teach.

Mike,

Kathi ain't scared  of you or anyone. So stop being a child. Unlike you she has a life outside of HN. We are friends by email and I know.

You on the other hand have a lot of free time because of the meaningless little life you live.

Jack

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 29 2011,07:42)

Good one, Kathi!  You heard it here first, folks.  Kathi, who “knows” Jesus IS God, apparently knows what Satan, who use to actually live in heaven, does NOT know!   :D

Where does the scripture say that satan used to live in heaven? I assume you are referring to Isaiah 14 which says, “Why are you fallen from heaven O Lucifer.” But the language is figurative for the fall of the king of Babylon (vs. 4), and Jesus used the “falling from heaven” figure to refer to the fall of Capernaum.

The teaching that satan once lived in heaven is a myth without any sunstantiation from scripture. So Kathi gets the last laugh.

You ar a child. When I see your posts I think of a child sitting at a keyboard.

KJ

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Kangaroo Jack @ Sep. 05 2011,16:38)

Where does the scripture say that satan used to live in heaven? I assume you are referring to Isaiah 14 which says, “Why are you fallen from heaven O Lucifer.” But the language is figurative for the fall of the king of Babylon (vs. 4), and Jesus used the “falling from heaven” figure to refer to the fall of Capernaum.

The teaching that satan once lived in heaven is a myth without any sunstantiation from scripture. So Kathi gets the last laugh.

KJ

kj

Job 1:6 One day the angels came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came with them.
    Job 1:7 The LORD said to Satan, “Where have you come from?”
    “ ‘You were the model of perfection,
    full of wisdom and perfect in beauty.
    Eze 28:13 You were in Eden,
    the garden of God;
    every precious stone adorned you:
    ruby, topaz and emerald,
    chrysolite, onyx and jasper,
    sapphire, turquoise and beryl.
    Your settings and mountings were made of gold;
    on the day you were created they were prepared.
    Eze 28:14 You were anointed as a guardian cherub,
    for so I ordained you.
    You were on the holy mount of God;
    you walked among the fiery stones.
    Eze 28:15 You were blameless in your ways
    from the day you were created
    till wickedness was found in you.
    Eze 28:16 Through your widespread trade
    you were filled with violence,
    and you sinned.
    So I drove you in disgrace from the mount of God,
    and I expelled you, O guardian cherub,
    from among the fiery stones.
    Eze 28:17 Your heart became proud
    on account of your beauty,
    and you corrupted your wisdom
    because of your splendor.
    So I threw you to the earth;

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Sep. 05 2011,11:33)

KJ

kj

Job 1:6 One day the angels came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came with them.
    the garden of God;
    ruby, topaz and emerald,
    for so I ordained you.
    and you sinned.

The Hebrew word is “adversary.” The word 'satan' is erroneous translation. It was a HUMAN adversary and not satan.

KJ

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Kangaroo Jack @ Sep. 04 2011,16:37)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Sep. 05 2011,06:06)

Mike,

Kathi ain't scared  of you or anyone. So stop being a child. Unlike you she has a life outside of HN. We are friends by email and I know.

You on the other hand have a lot of free time because of the meaningless little life you live.

Jack

You tell him Jack. Satan's word aren't about to teach us anything, anyway…he is the great deceiver and I don't have time to discuss his deceiving words. Mike's got questions all over for me. I can't imagine spending that much time on HN as he does.

Kathi

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Kangaroo Jack @ Sep. 05 2011,19:47)

Quote (terraricca @ Sep. 05 2011,11:33)

KJ

kj

the garden of God;
    ruby, topaz and emerald,
    for so I ordained you.
    and you sinned.

The Hebrew word is “adversary.” The word 'satan' is erroneous translation. It was a HUMAN adversary and not satan.

KJ

kj

i did not know that cherub angels where MAN ?

I know that Satan = adversary

where you got this ?

Pierre

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Kangaroo Jack @ Sep. 04 2011,16:38)
    Where does the scripture say that satan used to live in heaven?

Are you kidding me, Jack? Wouldn't it be rather hard for Satan and a third of his angels to be kicked OUT of heaven if they didn't live there at one point? ???

And Job 1 and 2 show that Satan congregated with the OTHER angels and his God. Surely, if Satan knows the workings and people of heaven, and has DIRECTLY corresponded with his God face to face, then he knows WHO his God is.

So Jack, do you think that Satan was trying to bribe the God who created him to worship him, using the very kingdoms that God had given to him in the first place? Does that make sense to you, Jack?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ Sep. 04 2011,20:36)
    Satan's word aren't about to teach us anything, anyway…he is the great deceiver and I don't have time to discuss his deceiving words.

It is not the words of Satan we're interested in, Kathi.  It is the fact that Satan would have never tried to bribe the God who created him with kingdoms that God had given him in the first place.  Yet, he DID bribe the Son of God with these kingdoms, didn't he?

What you “have no time” to discuss is the fact that this passage PROVES Jesus is NOT the God who created Satan.  You know this to be true, but because it doesn't fit in with the rest of your doctrine, you want no part of it.

That in itself is very telling, Kathi.  You are apparently not after the truth of the scriptures, but your own truth.

There is still hope for you, Kathi.  So far you have not reached the point of claiming that you are the same exact being as your father, or that Satan didn't live in heaven.  Your buddy Jack is so far gone that he is now willing to boldly claim the obviously nonsensical things he does without a shred of shame or guilt.

You are on that same path, but haven't yet soared to his heights.  Quick, jump off the rocket before you end up claiming utterly ridiculous things and becoming the laughing stock that Jack has become.

peace,
    mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ Sep. 04 2011,20:36)
    Mike's got questions all over for me.  I can't imagine spending that much time on HN as he does.

Usually, my questions to you are derived from posts that you have made, Kathi.  Perhaps if YOU made fewer unscriptural claims, you'd see less questions from me.  :)

In fact, don't you remember that this very thread was inspired by a conversation we were having?  Don't you remember that if you hadn't shown such great fear of this topic in the other thread, I wouldn't have even created this thread?  :)

I find it amusing that for years, Jack has “answered” my points by discussing how much time I spend on HN.  It's even more amusing that you would follow suit – as if the amount of time I spend on HN somehow negates the points I've made.  :D

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 65 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account