The soul

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 441 through 460 (of 645 total)
  • Author
    kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 19 2011,12:40)
    all

this can answer many things;1Pe 1:9 for you are receiving the goal of your faith, the salvation of your souls.

Pierre

Pierre,

Peter is teaching the students of Jesus that by persevering in obeying all of Jesus' teachings they will receive the saving of their inner human being.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ July 20 2011,22:14)

all

this can answer many things;1Pe 1:9 for you are receiving the goal of your faith, the salvation of your souls.

Pierre

Pierre,

Peter is teaching the students of Jesus that by persevering in obeying all of Jesus' teachings they will receive the saving of their inner human being.

Kerwin

yes ,but I wanted to point out that what our faith will bring is everlasting live to what ? the flesh ? no to the soul ? yes

so if the flesh is not you as a entity, then it is your soul that is you, and this is what only God can kill or destroy,

so the true YOU is our SOUL

and so the flesh as to die to let the soul out so that it can be judged and so receive its reward,or …….

Pierre

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 21 2011,01:29)

all

Pierre

Pierre,

Kerwin

yes ,but I wanted to point out that what our faith will bring is everlasting live to what ? the flesh ? no to the soul ? yes

so if the flesh is not you as a entity, then it is your soul that is you, and this is what only God can kill or destroy,

and so the flesh as to die to let the soul out so that it can be judged and so receive its reward,or …….

Pierre

Pierre,

Jesus taught that the body and soul of those condemned on that Day would be destroyed in Gehenna.

Even you admit those resurrected will be resurrected with the outer man which is the body.

Here are some scriptures that translate the Hebrew word “nephesh (soul)” to “life” to consider.

Leviticus 17:11 (King James Version)

11For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.

Genesis 9:4 (King James Version)

4But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof, shall ye not eat.

Leviticus 17:14 (King James Version)

14For it is the life of all flesh; the blood of it is for the life thereof: therefore I said unto the children of Israel, Ye shall eat the blood of no manner of flesh: for the life of all flesh is the blood thereof: whosoever eateth it shall be cut off.

Deuteronomy 12:23 (King James Version)

23Only be sure that thou eat not the blood: for the blood is the life; and thou mayest not eat the life with the flesh.

What do these scriptures tell us about the relationship between the blood and the soul?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ July 21 2011,22:26)

all

Pierre

Pierre,

Kerwin

Pierre

Pierre,

Jesus taught that the body and soul of those condemned on that Day would be destroyed in Gehenna.

Even you admit those resurrected will be resurrected with the outer man which is the body.

Here are some scriptures that translate the Hebrew word “nephesh (soul)” to “life” to consider.

11For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.

14For it is the life of all flesh; the blood of it is for the life thereof: therefore I said unto the children of Israel, Ye shall eat the blood of no manner of flesh: for the life of all flesh is the blood thereof: whosoever eateth it shall be cut off.

23Only be sure that thou eat not the blood: for the blood is the life; and thou mayest not eat the life with the flesh.

What do these scriptures tell us about the relationship between the blood and the soul?

Kerwin

what you think they say ?

Pierre

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 21 2011,10:31)

all

Pierre

Pierre,

Kerwin

Pierre

Pierre,

Kerwin

Pierre

Piere,

It seems to be stating the blood is the inner part of a human being.

It may instead means the inner human is “of or concerning” the blood.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ July 21 2011,23:16)

Quote (terraricca @ July 21 2011,10:31)

all

Pierre

Pierre,

Kerwin

Pierre

Pierre,

Kerwin

Pierre

Piere,

It seems to be stating the blood is the inner part of a human being.

It may instead means the inner human is “of or concerning” the blood.

Kerwin

so is the lever,the heart,the lungs, and ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

blood is the the unique element in the flesh body that is very personal to the body

as nothing to do with the soul

the body is the outer shell of the seed (soul)

Pierre

kerwin
    Participant

Pierre,

As I pointed out Scripture states blood has something to do with the soul even if I am not sure what.

The blood itself is  a facet of the earthly side of man while the soul is a facet of the breath side of man.

But I believe you are also correct about the critical organs also having a similar or the same corelation with the soul.

That correlation is something to meditate on.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ July 21 2011,23:29)
    Pierre,

As I pointed out Scripture states blood has something to do with the soul even if I am not sure what.

The blood itself is  a facet of the earthly side of man while the soul is a facet of the breath side of man.

But I believe you are also correct about the critical organs also having a similar or the same corelation with the soul.

Kerwin

yes the connection is with animals under the law you could not eat the flesh with the blood and it still is observed by the apostles Act 15;

the blood it say is the live but it is in a allegory to the human blood Christ will pour for mankind and so become a live given spirit

and the blood is changed into being a spirit

our spirit who as to be cleaned into Christ will and Gods will same will

Pierre

Pierre

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 21 2011,11:40)

Pierre,

Kerwin

yes the connection is with animals under the law you could not eat the flesh with the blood and it still is observed by the apostles  Act 15;

the blood it say is the live but it is in a allegory to the human blood Christ will pour for mankind  and so become a live given spirit

Pierre

Pierre

Pierre,

I believe that the command which was given to Noah and reitterated in the Law of Moses is to demonstrate that we are to love all of God's living creatures.

I know to little of the conntection between the soul of a liviing creature and their blood but I venture to say the connection is possibly related to a living creature perishing by excessive blood loss.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ July 22 2011,03:07)

Pierre,

Kerwin

yes the connection is with animals under the law you could not eat the flesh with the blood and it still is observed by the apostles  Act 15;

the blood it say is the live but it is in a allegory to the human blood Christ will pour for mankind  and so become a live given spirit

Pierre

Pierre

Pierre,

I believe that the command which was given to Noah and reitterated in the Law of Moses is to demonstrate that we are to love all of God's living creatures.

I know to little of the conntection between the soul of a liviing creature and their blood but I venture to say the connection is possibly related to a living creature perishing by excessive blood loss.

Kerwin

I believe that the command which was given to Noah and reitterated in the Law of Moses

Ac 15:20 But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.

Pierre

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 21 2011,22:21)

Quote (kerwin @ July 22 2011,03:07)

Pierre,

Kerwin

Pierre

Pierre

Pierre,

Kerwin

I believe that the command which was given to Noah and reitterated in the Law of Moses

Ac 15:20 But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.

Pierre

The goal of the gospel is to love as God loves.

terraricca
    Participant

Kerwin

The goal of the gospel is to love as God loves.

yes but the love God wants is the true love based on understanding and truth,and strait from the hearth,with all our strength
    to follow his will,

Pierre

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Sep. 12 2011,11:49)

Quote (Pastry @ Sep. 12 2011,00:13)
    Sorry, I got that somewhat mixed up, the body without the Soul is death….The Soul is the Spirit then, right the breath of life, that goes back to God who gave it….

But what happens when we get a new spirit?
    Are we a different person. I mean when I received the spirit of God, I was still me, but with a new spirit inside. And I am not my body because that will be replaced too.

My point is that WE get a new body and spirit. So if both are replaced and we are still us (albeit changed), how can WE be either the body or the spirit?

t8 No I think we get the same Spirit back…. Somebody told me once that it is just like a tape, God puts it on  shelve and when we get our new Body, whether it is Spirit or Human Body the same tape will go into that body….. Peace Irene

Thanks Irene. Interesting. How do you explain that we are given a new spirit when we are born again while still in this body?

Further, when a sinner's soul is destroyed, is God destroying his own spirit?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Feb. 21 2011,03:56)
    Hi All,

IMO, the soul is like a computer hard drive.  It is our intellect and our memories and completely who we are.

Our spirit is like a USB/Power cable plugged into us.  It not only give us the electricity needed to power our “hard drive”, but can also feed us information via “God's internet”.

Our body is simply the outer case of the computer.

We die when our electricity source is cut off from God.  And our outer case eventually decays until it is gone.  But the hard drive remains in tact, full of the memories of our life.  It is stored in a place the Hebrews called Sheol.  It sits there, unconscious of anything at all…………..UNTIL its power source is again supplied by God.  Once it again has power to it, all those memories are again accessible.  And all we are missing at that point is the outer case.  During the resurrection, God will give spiritual cases to those hard drives that are going to live in heaven, and fleshly cases to those hard drives that are going to be on earth forever.

Those are my thoughts according to my current understanding.  Perhaps I'm wrong?  

mike

Thanks for sharing that Mike.
    Seems not only logical but also aligns with this scripture:

1 Thessalonians 5:23
    And the God of peace himself sanctify you wholly; and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved entire, without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Many acknowledge a spirit and body, but not a soul that is different to the spirit.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

T8……….The Soul (IS) the combination of the Spirit and Body so naturally Paul would include all three word in his statement , They are different in this way a Spirit and Body are the two components that make a SOUL . Paul was talking about the compete being there.IMO

peace and love…………………………..gene

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Sep. 13 2011,01:02)

Quote (t8 @ Sep. 12 2011,12:10)

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Sep. 12 2011,07:58)
    T8………Here is something to think about. Let say i went to a field and took a seed from a plant like a bell pepper or squash or tomato. and waited a year and Planted it what would come up ? A different kind of Bell pepper? a different Kind of squash, a different kind of Tomato , the obvious answer is NO, i would have and (EXACT SAME KIND OF PLANT) which i took that seed from.  In fact we can even expand this lets suppose the ordinal pepper plant died in the field and fell to the earth would not the exact same kind of plant come up from its seed if it were watered and had soil to grow in.  The germ that germinated it would again spark it back to life right? Now do you think that it would be any different in texture and looks then it original becasue it does not have the original body it had before it died.

Same with us our bodies are sown in corruption like that pepper plant was (IT) that same body is raised in power and Glory Just like that new Pepper plant was, it is regenerated back to life in that original form. The (KEY) here is the Word (IT) that Paul was talking about, that (IT) was and is OUR PRESENT and FUTURE BODIES. Remember T8, “to witness the redemption of our (BODIES)”.

It is necessary that we are regenerated with new Bodies exactly like GOD made our original ones except they can live for ever and never die. Look at all the resurrections in scriptures and they all had bodies, Jesus and the future resurrection of ALL the HOUSE of ISREAL are all depicted with Physical Bodies in fact there same bodies, only perfect and given eternal life . God can destory us by simply leaving us in the Grave as Jesus said he could. Without a Body with Spirit (IN) it  there exist (NO) SOUL. IMO

Point taken.

But Paul teaches us that after the physical body comes the spiritual body. I am assuming that this body is not the physical body, otherwise why not just say that the physical body becomes better or perfect like Adam's body was.

Jesus on the other hand existed with divine nature and humbled himself and partook of human nature. He is now back in the glory that he had with the Father before the world began. We start with flesh and are promised that we can partake of divine nature.

When Jesus spoke of his soul was he talking about his body?

Matthew 26:38
    Then saith he unto them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death: abide ye here, and watch with me.

T8……………Adam and Eve or any human can have eternal life if we are allowed eat from  the tree of life . the body is simply the vehicle that contains Spirit. the Soul is the body with spirit in it another words the complete person. Separate them and that person no longer exists.  We will all be given New Spirits (Intellects) .

Eze 11:19…………> And I will give them one heart, and I put a new spirit within you and I will take the stony heart (hard heart) out of their flesh and will give them a heart of flesh …..Vers 20…..> That they may walk in my statues, and keep mine ordinances, and do them: and they shall be my people, and I will be their GOD.

T8 notice no where does it say here we are to have a different body, in fact it say GOD is dealing with our FLESH EXISTENCE. The only thing replaced is our Spirits with a NEW SPIRIT When that happens we become a “spiritual being”  We are then driven with a completely “NEW SPIRIT”. Not a different type of Body.

T8 remember, unless you become or come to be as a little child you in no wise shall inter into the Kingdom of GOD. It is not a new Body we recieve it is a NEW SPIRIT in these Bodies we Have and are going to have. IMO

T8 we have an excellent helper here on this site in Paladin we need to all consider very carefully what he is explaining to us from the Greek language translations.  IMO

peace and love to you and yours………………………..gene

Hi Gene,

Paul says to the Thessalonians
    And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

It appears that body soul, spirit are are listed as different things, whereas you are saying that the soul is the body and spirit. So why didn't Paul say “I pray God your whole spirit and body”, or “I pray God your whole soul”?

It is kind of like saying, may North America, the Americas, and South America…, when all you need to say is one of the following: the Americas, American landmass, or North and South America.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

T8………..Yes if you break down all the components three is what you get, but One is the complete component. For instance you example of North America, South America, Americas, The word Americas represents the total of them all. They are all the Americas. The same with Body Soul and Spirit, the word Soul representing all, the combination of Body + Spirit = a Soul, so if Paul were talking about about all of our existence He would mention Body, soul and spirit another words the complete being . IMO

peace and love to you and yours…………………………………………….gene

seekingtruth
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Sep. 13 2011,23:02)
    T8………..Yes if you break down all the components three is what you get, but One is the complete component. For instance you example of North America, South America, Americas, The word Americas represents the total of them all. They are all the Americas. The same with Body Soul and Spirit, the word Soul representing all, the combination of Body + Spirit = a Soul, so if Paul were talking about about all of our existence He would mention Body, soul and spirit another words the complete being . IMO

peace and love to you and yours…………………………………………….gene

In these two verses it shows that the devoid of body still have a soul.

Revelation 6:9 When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain because of the word of God and the testimony they had maintained.

Revelation 20:4
    I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Psalm 88:10
    Do you show your wonders to the dead? Do their spirits rise up and praise you?

Isaiah 14:9
    The realm of the dead below is all astir to meet you at your coming; it rouses the spirits of the departed to greet you

Isaiah 26:14
    They are now dead, they live no more; their spirits do not rise.

I believe our spirit is an extension of our soul, they are not the same thing, but they are inseparable, while our soul can be separated from our body, However if that body begins to function again, the associated soul and spirit will be drawn back to it.

To put it in computer terms our spirit is a wireless devise to the software (soul), broadcasting on bluetooth (short range interface) devise capable of only reaching out to my immediate area, while receiving far range wireless that our soul (software) sorts out what we will accept.

My opinion – Wm

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Seekingtruth…………If they saw the souls then they must have had a Physical existence in order to be seen, also you must remember Revelation is written in “Symbolic language”, Soul in scripture implies the complete being, His Body and Spirit.  Please show one resurrection that did not include a Physical Body, Jesus was raise not as a soul only but a complete living soul he had a Body with Spirit (IN) it.  Also notice where Jesus said God could destory the Body and as a result the Soul , where was that , it was in the grave the word hell there means grave it came from the Latin word Helleos. it means the grave. If Jesus was not raised with a Body he would still be dead and if left that way he would no longer exist as a “LIVING SOUL” as long as he was left in that state of the dead. Scripture say the dead Know nothing in the day they die their thoughts parish, and as far as i know if your thoughts “PARISH” You as a being cease to exist. It is absolutely crucial we all attain unto a resurrection from the state of the dead in order to continue to be a  LIVING SOUL IMO

peace and love to you and yours WM…………………………………………gene

Pastry
    Participant

Further, when a sinner's soul is destroyed, is God destroying his own spirit?

t8 We have a Spirit correct, that is what goes back to God…. When those who will get the lake of fire the wicked etc. God will destroy both Spirit and Body there…..That is why it says don't fear of who can destroy the body, but destroy body and Soul or Spirit….

Mat 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Peace and love Irene

Viewing 20 posts - 441 through 460 (of 645 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account