The soul

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 645 total)
  • Author
    Wispring
    Participant

Hi Pierre,
    How are you doing?Well I hope.

wispring

Ge 2:7 the LORD God formed the man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.

this verse tell us that 1) man is made from the dust of the earth.
    2) that breathed (air,oxygen)in is nostrils i do not know what else would go in nostrils,do you?
    3)and by those two action of God the man that so was made became a living soul(or to me a active soul)

1.)Yes indeed sir.
    2.)I truly believe it wasn't just oxygen.
    3.)Yes indeed sir.

what was he just before God breathed in is nostrils a dead soul?

He was a man without soul.

just because God does not mention the spirit he planted in men ,and that return to him after dead.it would not mean that it miss.or is it ??

I believe it was mentioned in the Hebrew language.

.it would not mean that it miss.or is it ??

I am getting the impression that English is not your native language. I greatly respect and admire your love of Jesus, God, the scripture and your fellow man. If by this sentence you mean 'It would not mean that it is missing. Or is it?' then no, it is not missing God breathed it into man.
    I have now answered your questions as fully as I know how to at this moment in time. Sorry to keep you waiting I was researching the Hebrew translation of the scripture and it was time consuming.

With Love and Respect,
    Wispring

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Wispring @ Mar. 18 2011,00:14)
    Hi Pierre,
      How are you doing?Well I hope.

wispring

Ge 2:7 the LORD God formed the man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.

this verse tell us that 1) man is made from the dust of the earth.
                                2) that breathed (air,oxygen)in is nostrils i do not know what else would go in nostrils,do you?
                                3)and by those two action of God the man that so was made became a living soul(or to me a active soul)

1.)Yes indeed sir.
    2.)I truly believe it wasn't just oxygen.
    3.)Yes indeed sir.

what was he just before God breathed in is nostrils  a dead soul?

He was a man without soul.

just because God does not mention the spirit he planted in men ,and that return to him after dead.it would not mean that it miss.or is it ??

I believe it was mentioned in the Hebrew language.

.it would not mean that it miss.or is it ??

I am getting the impression that English is not your native language. I greatly respect and admire your love of Jesus, God, the scripture and your fellow man. If by this sentence you mean 'It would not mean that it is missing. Or is it?' then no, it is not missing God breathed it into man.
      I have now answered your questions as fully as I know how to at this moment in time. Sorry to keep you waiting I was researching the Hebrew translation of the scripture and it was time consuming.

With Love and Respect,
                                                                       Wispring

wispring

yes English is pick up on the way ;

but yes that's what i mean.

so according to you God breathed Oxygen and the spirit at one moment ??so Adam was a dead soul just before??

i believe that God create Adam and just as a baby does not breath until he comes in contact with the air ,but yet alive and well.and further more wen God created Eve he put Adam to sleep ,would it be to much to believe that Adam was alive but not a active soul until God breathed in his nostrils??
    and the soul or spirit inside the body,waiting for God last action.

Pierre

Wispring
    Participant

Hi Pierre,

May Gods eternal peace be with you for evermore.

so according to you God breathed Oxygen and the spirit at one moment ??so Adam was a dead soul just before??

i believe that God create Adam and just as a baby does not breath until he comes in contact with the air ,but yet alive and well.and further more wen God created Eve he put Adam to sleep ,would it be to much to believe that Adam was alive but not a active soul until God breathed in his nostrils??

Pierre

Well, I would like to believe that Adam was alive and breathing on his own before God gave him the breath of life, but, the scripture does not tell me that. I do know that the breath of life that God breathed into him was a vitalizing spirit from the Hebrew language translation of the scripture. I do know that as a result of God breathing the breath of life into Adams nostrils he then became a living soul.

so Adam was a dead soul just before??

I believe he did not qualify as a living soul before. As I stated in my previous post he was without a living soul or had not yet become a living soul.
    OK. Even if I assume, because, all I can do is assume that Adam was alive and breathing the air just as you and I do simply because the scripture does not reveal whether Adam was alive and breathing air just as you and I do. The process of becomeing a living soul is still the same. God had to breath into Adam's nostrils the breath of life which according to the Hebrew language is an active,vivid spirit in order to become a living soul.
    So, Pierre I spent about 3 hours researching the the meaning of the scripture in the Hebrew language. Did you read and study that post to understand how I come to this linguistic, semantic, and logical conclusion? I think that your interpretation and mine are not far apart. You believe that the spirit/soul were in the body waiting for the breath of life to activate them. I believe that God put the the spirit into the body via the breath of life to qualify Adam as a living soul.

With Love and Respect,
    Wispring

Wispring
    Participant

Hi Pierre,

I am going to do a little talk about the the word 'become/became'. In english became is the past tense form of the word become.

There once was a boy who planted some seeds in the ground. He watered the seeds and they became plants. He harvested the plants and they became food and flower arrangements for his house. His house, which before was lacking in food and adornment became more comfortable and beautiful in his eyes. So this story with it's humble and hard-working beginning becomes a story with a happy ending.:D

Now replace every instance of the word 'become' with the word 'transformed into' and it still means the same thing. What I am saying is that when God breathed the breath of life in Adam it was a tranformative event.

With Love and Respect,
    Wispring

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 17 2011,12:44)

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Mar. 16 2011,07:52)
    Mike………No Jesus did not teach, a man can kill you but not your soul, that is you addition to what he said. He said Man could not (destory) the Soul , he did not say he could not Kill it. You getting Kill mixed up with Destroy they are  not the same word.  Destroy is to eliminate forever.

Matthew 10:28 NET ©
    Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Instead, fear the one who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

What does “CAN kill the body but CANNOT kill the soul” mean to you, Gene?

mike

Mike…………It means GOD can RECONSTRUCT (IT) “the SOUL” which is the complete person again. By a resurrection from the dead, by remaking  the Body and add spirit (intellect) back into it again, so a Man  CANNOT “DESTROY” a SOUL, But he certainly can KILL IT>  To destory the Soul of a man he would have to destory the body (AND) the Spirit> that is impossible for a man to do , but not for God to do. God can permanently Destroy the Soul by leaving the Body (IN THE GRAVE)> And never resurrecting it again, But a man can't do that. He can only Kill the body nothing more can he do.  

No where has Jesus said there exists a Body, Soul, and Spirit, that is you addition to what is being said By Jesus. Mike for the hundredth time a SOUL is a BODY + SPIRIT in it. It is the (COMPLETE BEING)> nothing more and nothing less. IMO

peace and love…………………………..gene

Wispring
    Participant

Hi Gene,
    I may be wrong, but, i think you have your can's and cant's in the above post placed wierdly…typo's?
    premaritally? Do you mean permanantly?
    With Love and Respect,
    Wispring

Wispring
    Participant

*permanently hehe.

Baker
    Participant

Pierre and All!

1Th 5:23 ¶ And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.  

I find this Scripture interesting.  I believe since I studied this for awhile, that Soul is different then our Spirit or our body.  Think about it.  When I think, I do it with my brain, when I sleep i am not aware of anything, but my body is still functioning….I think the Soul is our self, how we think, how we eat, and how we function…..without our Soul or without our Spirit we just dust.

Mat 10:28   And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.  

What I have been wondering why did it only say Soul and Body?  Why not Spirit?  I believe if we didn't have a Spirit, we could not understand with Gods Holly Spirit what Scripture is telling us…The Spirit in us makes us one with God, just like Jesus is one with Jehovah God…..

Jhn 12:27 ¶ Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour.  

Here Jesus is troubled, it shows us that it is His personality that makes Him fearful of death….but then He reasoned with Himaself, and says that is why He came to that hour…..for us to die….

Hbr 10:38   Now the just shall live by faith: but if [any man] draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.  

Hbr 10:39   But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.  

Here I believe Jesus is talking about our Spirit……All very interesting…,.

Peace and Love Irene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 16 2011,22:41)
    T8,

The body is saved by being transformed from mortal to immortal.

Hi Kerwin,

We seem to agree for the most part on this subject. But I believe the body suffers decay and returns to the dust from which it came.

There is no scripture I'm aware of that says the body that we die in will be the SAME body we are raised in. On the other hand, Phil 3:21 speaks of a NEW glorious body.

mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 17 2011,12:44)
    What does “CAN kill the body but CANNOT kill the soul” mean to you, Gene?

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Mar. 17 2011,17:58)

Mike…………It means GOD can RECONSTRUCT (IT) “the SOUL” which is the complete person again. By a resurrection from the dead, by remaking  the Body and add spirit (intellect) back into it again, so a Man  CANNOT “DESTROY” a SOUL, But he certainly can KILL IT

How in the world do you get that from the words I quoted?  ???

No where has Jesus said there exists a Body, Soul, and Spirit, that is you addition to what is being said By Jesus.

I never mentioned “spirit” at all, did I?  But Jesus most definitely DOES mention the body and soul as two separate things in Matt 10:28. And Paul mentions body, soul and spirit as separate things in 1 Thess 5:23.

Mike for the hundredth time a SOUL is a BODY + SPIRIT in it. It is the (COMPLETE BEING)> nothing more and nothing less.

It doesn't really matter if you say it for the millionth time, Gene.  No matter how many times YOU say it, it still only amounts to YOU saying it.  And when it comes to GENE saying one thing, and JESUS and PAUL saying something different, I'll go with JESUS and PAUL every time.

Gene, I'm done discussing this with YOU, because you have begun your common practice of ignoring what the scripture clearly says in favor of your odd interpretation of it.  And as usual, you even add your own words into the scripture.  That doesn't show too much (INTELLECT) as far as I'm concerned.

mike

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Baker @ Mar. 18 2011,19:09)
    Pierre and All!

1Th 5:23 ¶ And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.  

I find this Scripture interesting.  I believe since I studied this for awhile, that Soul is different then our Spirit or our body.  Think about it.  When I think, I do it with my brain, when I sleep i am not aware of anything, but my body is still functioning….I think the Soul is our self, how we think, how we eat, and how we function…..without our Soul or without our Spirit we just dust.

Mat 10:28   And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.  

What I have been wondering why did it only say Soul and Body?  Why not Spirit?  I believe if we didn't have a Spirit, we could not understand with Gods Holly Spirit what Scripture is telling us…The Spirit in us makes us one with God, just like Jesus is one with Jehovah God…..

Jhn 12:27 ¶ Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour.  

Here Jesus is troubled, it shows us that it is His personality that makes Him fearful of death….but then He reasoned with Himaself, and says that is why He came to that hour…..for us to die….

Hbr 10:38   Now the just shall live by faith: but if [any man] draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.  

Hbr 10:39   But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.  

Here I believe Jesus is talking about our Spirit……All very interesting…,.

Peace and Love Irene

hi Irene

I hope all is well with you and Georg,

see what it says ;sanctify you wholly,your whole spirit and soul and body

the spirit and soul are to me one and the body is flesh ,

in the body we will not have a comment we agree;it is flesh.

so Irene what is the spirit that you have and can sanctify him?

what is the soul that you can sanctify it ?

we know that this mean to keep it pure ,clean,holy…

can flesh by it selves do that ?? i do not think so.

can the spirit in the body keep both the flesh and the spirit holy,and clean…..to me it can certainly do that,the spirit of us can pick and chose,good or bad,

now our soul ,what can it do ??well to me noting without the spirit ;the spirit is the active force but the soul is our table of contend and records files,this is the one that will go into judgement and so we should keep it holy and sanctify of what we put into it.

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Wispring @ Mar. 18 2011,02:08)
    Hi Pierre,

May Gods eternal peace be with you for evermore.

Pierre

Well, I would like to believe that Adam was alive and breathing on his own before God gave him the breath of life, but, the scripture does not tell me that. I do know that the breath of life that God breathed into him was a vitalizing spirit from the Hebrew language translation of the scripture. I do know that as a result of God breathing the breath of life into Adams nostrils he then became a living soul.

so Adam was a dead soul just before??

I believe he did not qualify as a living soul before. As I stated in my previous post he was without a living soul or had not yet become a living soul.
    OK. Even if I assume, because, all I can do is assume that Adam was alive and breathing the air just as you and I do simply because the scripture does not reveal whether Adam was alive and breathing air just as you and I do. The process of becomeing a living soul is still the same. God had to breath into Adam's nostrils the breath of life which according to the Hebrew language is an active,vivid spirit in order to become a living soul.
      So, Pierre I spent about 3 hours researching the the meaning of the scripture in the Hebrew language. Did you read and study that post to understand how I come to this linguistic, semantic, and logical conclusion? I think that your interpretation and mine are not far apart. You believe that the spirit/soul were in the body waiting for the breath of life to activate them. I believe that God put the the spirit into the body via the breath of life to qualify Adam as a living soul.

With Love and Respect,
                                           Wispring

wispring

Well, I would like to believe that Adam was alive and breathing on his own before God gave him the breath of life,

this is not what i was saying

please read my quote again,

all my christian love to you

Pierre

kerwin
    Participant

Pierre,

The Spirit is like the wind and a breath is the wind comming in or out of your body.  The breah of life would be the wind that gives the body life.   That would be the spiritual part of the human being and not the fact they breath.  

That is why the prophet petitioned God to return the boy's soul to his body when the boy died.  The spiritual part of a human being gives their body life.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 18 2011,07:28)

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 16 2011,22:41)
    T8,

The body is saved by being transformed from mortal to immortal.

Hi Kerwin,

We seem to agree for the most part on this subject.  But I believe the body suffers decay and returns to the dust from which it came.

There is no scripture I'm aware of that says the body that we die in will be the SAME body we are raised in.  On the other hand, Phil 3:21 speaks of a NEW glorious body.

mike

All I know is that the living are transformed in the blink of an eye and that the holy ones that were resurected after Jesus was crucified were resurected in their graves and arose from them.  

To be technical I would venture to speculate that their bodies were not created from the same dirt they decayed into.  It would instead seem reasonable that they were made from the earth of the world to come and thus the corruptable was changed to the incorruptable.

That is speculation since scripture does not cover it as far as I know.

kerwin
    Participant

Irene,

You wrote:

Mat 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

What I have been wondering why did it only say Soul and Body? Why not Spirit? I believe if we didn't have a Spirit, we could not understand with Gods Holly Spirit what Scripture is telling us…The Spirit in us makes us one with God, just like Jesus is one with Jehovah God…..

I believe both the soul and spirit made of spirit and so either or both can be called spirit in that context. Both together they make up the spiritual side of a human being. Each though has a different function. The spirit is the guide while the soul is the essential person. Thus it is not the guide that one should be concerned about being destroyed, since you want to put a corrupt guide to death, but rather the soul which is the heart of who you are.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 18 2011,22:13)
    Pierre,

The Spirit is like the wind and a breath is the wind comming in or out of your body.  The breah of life would be the wind that gives the body life.   That would be the spiritual part of the human being and not the fact they breath.  

That is why the prophet petitioned God to return the boy's soul to his body when the boy died.  The spiritual part of a human being gives their body life.

Kerwin

that is the wrong analogy for the breath in nostrils,

the spirit is what is in constant conflict with our self and so is like the wind,

while you think you have it under control it slips away and we sin again,we do good the same way ,it is to keep constant that were the work lays,so that we stay holy,then the wind and the waves of live cannot and will not move us away from God,our house will stand.

Pierre

kerwin
    Participant

Pierre,

I do not believe you understand me correctly.  There is only one holy spirit.  This is the one you speak of slipping away.  On the other hand there are many spirits that fall short of the glory of God.   All the spirit I have so far mentioned are guides or teachers.

If a person lives by an arogant spirit then their behavior is arogant.   So if they live by a impure spirit is means their behavior falls short of the glory of God.

I do not know if the holy spirit is a guide or if it instead purifies a person's spirit.

Wispring
    Participant

Hi Pierre,
    So you are saying that God gave Adam oxygen into his nostrils like a newborn baby doesn't breath on it's own at first? First not breathing and then instead of a slap on the butt God blew oxygen into his nostrils is that right?If so, please read this:
    ויפח=oiph (I can't find a meaning or definition for oiph on-line)
    באפיו=nostrils
    ויפח באפיו=breathed into his nostrils
    נשמת=spirit,psyche,ghost,pneuma
    חיים=(adj)alive,living,vivid,kicking,quick,animated,denizen,live: (nm.)life,living,existance:(n.)
    נשמת חיים =breath of life
    If this is not enough information please go back an look at the post I spent 3 hours on translating Hebrew to English. There is no mention of oxygen. Please read this:
    In Judaic and Christian usage, pneuma is a common word for “spirit” in the Septuagint and Greek New Testament.(From wikipedia look-up of the word pneuma).

Pierre quote “so according to you God breathed Oxygen and the spirit at one moment ??so Adam was a dead soul just before??”

No Pierre not according to me. According to scripture. According to scripture God breathed the breath of life which is by definition animated spirit which is life. Life from God. Which then became soul. It's not me saying this Pierre it is the words in the scripture.
    =================================================================
    Irene quote “I find this Scripture interesting. I believe since I studied this for awhile, that Soul is different then our Spirit or our body. Think about it. When I think, I do it with my brain, when I sleep i am not aware of anything, but my body is still functioning….I think the Soul is our self, how we think, how we eat, and how we function…..without our Soul or without our Spirit we just dust.”
    Irene…I, Wispring, thinks this an insightful and accurate statement.
    Kerwin quote “It is not part of the essential self though I believe it is part of the self. My main support of that is that it took both a spiritual self and a bodilly self for Adam to be created a living soul.”
    Right! This is precisely what I have been saying for a few posts now. That the breath of life that God breathed into Adam was the spiritual self.
    Look at this scripture:
    Job 27:2-4 (King James Version)
    2As God liveth, who hath taken away my judgment; and the Almighty, who hath vexed my soul;
    3All the while my breath is in me, and the spirit of God is in my nostrils;
    4My lips shall not speak wickedness, nor my tongue utter deceit.
    Job has his physical/fleshy breathing going on and he us acknowledging the spirit of God in his nostrils most likely because he was very familiar with the stories in Genesis.
    I am just about done with figuring out what sould is based on scripture. I think I have a full and informed definition of it now. Thank you all for motivating me to learn this.
    With Love and Respect
    Wispring

Wispring
    Participant

addendum:

No Pierre not according to me. According to scripture. According to scripture God breathed the breath of life which is by definition animated spirit which is life. Life from God. Which then became soul. It's not me saying this Pierre it is the words in the scripture.

To this I would like to add God breathed living spirit as is is harmonious with scripture and the true definitions of the words used in the scripture.

With Love and Respect
    Wispring

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Wispring @ Mar. 18 2011,11:38)
    Hi Gene,
      I may be wrong, but, i think you have your can's and cant's in the above post placed wierdly…typo's?
    premaritally? Do you mean permanantly?
                                                  With Love and Respect,
                                                            Wispring

Wispring………..Thanks, i have edited it , hope this makes it more clearer.

Peace and love to you and yours……………………………….gene

Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 645 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account