The soul

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 221 through 240 (of 645 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Mike…………If you consider a Soul as a (COMPLETE BEING) body+ Spirit………then when either are separated the Soul is departing or gone, that person no longer exists as a Soul any longer. It can be the body or the spirit either one parting destroys the Soul when they are separated you are no longer a BEING OF ANY KIND when that takes place. IMO

peace and love…………………………gene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Follow your statement through in this particular case, Gene.

We know her body didn't depart, because except for Elijah, that just doesn't happen when one dies.

So that only leaves her spirit as the part that departed. If so, then why did they not say her spirit departed? Why say “soul”?

Also, if spirit+body=soul, then unless BOTH the spirit AND the body departed, it could not be said that her soul departed.

mike

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Mike………..The body departs into the grave and the Spirit departs to God who gave it According to scripture. but not mention of a so called (separate) soul now where does scripture say it goes if you believe the soul departs where does it go to, the NEITHER WORLD? OF WHERE? Jesus did not seen to think a soul and a Body and Spirit were separate thing , But said GOD could destory (BOTH) (two thing) and the Soul would be destroyed (IN) the GRAVE> Now how does God destory the soul , By leaving the body in the grave and resurrecting it and adding spirit Back into it. The only thing that does not (ever) is Spirit but the Soul which can not exist without a body and spirit in it can be easily destroyed by GOD by simply not making another body that contains you exact and unique DNA . Why do you even think there is a RESURRECTION in the First place it it were not necessary for our future existence? Why did GOD even raise Jesus with a BODY if that was not even important for our or his future existence. IMO

peace and love………………………………….gene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Hi Gene,

I'm going to do this only once, because I know how your posts are.  I will DIRECTLY address each issue you've brought up.  Don't bring the same issue up again and again without adding more thoughts to it……..okay?

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Mar. 12 2011,20:29)

Mike………..The body departs into the grave and the Spirit departs to God who gave it According to scripture.

Have you ever seen a dead body just get up and “depart”?  Living people take that body to a grave, but a dead body doesn't “depart”.

You are correct that the spirit goes back to God who gave it.

but not mention of a so called (separate) soul

I agree that there's not MUCH mention of a separate soul, but there IS mention of it.  1 Thessalonian 5:23 and Matthew 10:28 Psalm 31:9 all mention the soul as something other than the body.

now where does scripture say it goes if you believe the soul departs where does it go to, the NEITHER WORLD? OF WHERE?

I only can guess that the souls of those who were beheaded for Christ go to heaven, for Revelation says they are under the alter.  Other than that, I don't know because scripture doesn't say.  But scripture also doesn't tell us exactly where heaven is, and that doesn't mean there isn't one.

Jesus did not seen to think a soul and a Body and Spirit were separate thing , But said GOD could destory (BOTH) (two thing) and the Soul would be destroyed (IN) the GRAVE>

That is an inaccurate statement, Gene.  Read Matthew 10:28 again.  Jesus most definitely lists the soul and the body as two distinct things.

Now how does God destory the soul , By leaving the body in the grave and resurrecting it and adding spirit Back into it.

I don't know how.  I suppose God could destroy anything He wants destroyed in a billion different ways.

Why did GOD even raise Jesus with a BODY if that was not even important for our or his future existence. IMO

God gives a body to everything as He sees fit.  

mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Hi Gene,

Also, what do you make of the phrase “heart and soul”? Why the distinction if the soul actually INCLUDES the heart?

mike

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 13 2011,21:54)
    Hi Gene,

Also, what do you make of the phrase “heart and soul”?  Why the distinction if the soul actually INCLUDES the heart?

mike

Mike

Pr 4:20 My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings.
    Pr 4:21 Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart.
    Pr 4:22 For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh.
    Pr 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

Pierre

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Mike……….Well so much for your “it don't say thing” and if it don't Say why try to force it to Say then?. But one thing i want you to do for me OK?, go and check out the word SOUL used in the New Testament and please notice it is the same word used as Spirit, the Greek thought renders the soul and spirit as the same thing and considers it the life force, while the Hebrew considered the Soul as the complete being consisting of a Body and Spirit.

this may help you………..psuche the word used there is From G5594; breathe, that is (by implication) Spirit , abstractly or concretely (the animal sentient principle only; thus distinguished on the one hand from G4151, which is the rational and immortal soul; and on the other G2222, which is mere vitality, even of plants; these terms thus exactly correspond respectively to the Hebrew [H5315] [H7307] and [H2416] :- heart(+-ily), life, mind, soul + us, +you.

Bottom line the Greeks split up the word Soul into parts while the Hebrew shows it as a completely being. The Greeks believed in the pagan ideas of life after death experience and all there pagan practices support this idea, so they had a word for it and this was used in the translation of the text which slanted the view of what Soul was and they gave it an immortal existence , but scripture does not agree with this and no scripture say a soul continues to live after a person Dies , if there is a scripture that say that then present it. David gave a complete evaluation using nearly all scriptures in the bible to draw a conclusion and it all represented the complete person not some part of Him.

It is very important that we all understand our total existence is here and Now in these bodies with spirit in them, and if we loose any of that we simply will no longer exist as a Sentinel Being of any kind. God himself control our ultimate fate we are totally in his hand we have no remainder existence after we die. The only way we can continue to exist after is if GOD recreates and exact DNA of each of Us and adds spirit back into it. Just as the valley of dry bones in Ezekiel says. It is crucial we are resurrected in order to continue to live after we die. There is no MYSTERY SOUL going around anywhere, when we die we are totally dead our hope is just like those words of those in the valley of dead bone said “Our bone are dried up and our hope is (PERISHED)”. We will ALL Know beyond a Shadow of a doubt that if GOD does not resurrect Us (just as he did in the valley of dried bones) we would never live again. IMO

peace and love……………………………………..gene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Mar. 13 2011,17:08)

But one thing i want you to do for me  OK?, go and check out the word SOUL used in the New Testament and please notice it is the same word used as Spirit,

I find “psuche” for soul and “pneuma” for spirit.  In fact, the 1 Thess 5:23 scripture I gave for your consideration lists them both side by side.  And if your claim is correct, then Paul was either saying “your spirit and your spirit” or “your soul and your soul”.  There must be a distinction between the words for him to use them side by side like that, right?

We also have Hebrews 4:12, which talks of the word of God being able to divide psuche from pneuma. (soul from spirit)  

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Mar. 13 2011,17:08)

David gave a complete evaluation using nearly all scriptures in the bible to draw a conclusion and it all represented the complete person not some part of Him.

“Nearly all” doesn't quite cut it for me.  Usually I would go with the preponderance of scripture.  But in this case, the scriptures that distinguish body from soul are very much to the point, while the ones that mention soul as the life of a person or a person as a whole could easily be euphimisms.

We read the phrase “heart and soul”, or something close to that, at least 25 times in scripture.  That phrase doesn't sound to me like it's teaching the soul is the whole person.  We've discussed Gen 35 about the soul “departing”.  We have Matt 10:28, 1 Thess 5:23, Psalms 31:9 and 84:2.

Gene, now YOU do ME a favor, and actually give a responce to the scriptures I've been giving you.  Just pick one of them and tell me what you think.  Because we get no where when you just express your own beliefs over and over, right?

Pick Matt, or 1 Thess, or one of the two Psalms, or Hebrews, or Genesis, and tell me how you would explain that scripture within the boundaries of your understanding of the word soul.

peace and love,
    mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 12 2011,22:46)

Hi Gene,

Also, what do you make of the phrase “heart and soul”?  Why the distinction if the soul actually INCLUDES the heart?

mike

Mike

Pr 4:21 Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart.
    Pr 4:22 For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh.
    Pr 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

Pierre

What point are you making with these scriptures, Pierre?

mike

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 14 2011,19:24)

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 12 2011,22:46)

Hi Gene,

mike

Mike

Pierre

What point are you making with these scriptures, Pierre?

mike

Mike

if you read those verse it as to do with what we can do to obtain live from God.

the benefits are for both the flesh and the soul /spirit

the heart is our love for ………….

Pierre

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Okay Pierre.  But read Hebrews 4:12, and see if you still think the soul IS the spirit.

peace and love,
    mike

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 14 2011,21:10)
    Okay Pierre.  But read Hebrews 4:12, and see if you still think the soul IS the spirit.

peace and love,
    mike

Mike

Heb 4:12 For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

Jas 2:26 As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead.

yes the soul is not the body ,what Paul is talking about is how the word of God can divide,and judges ,our needs from our wants and our thoughts and mobiles of the heart.

if our faith is ours then the spirit is our soul,

the body is flesh and unless there is a soul/spirit in it, it is dead .our spirit needs the body to act but who make the decisions that the body do this or that ??

Pierre

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Hi Pierre,

I believe there to be body and soul and spirit, so I disagree with your understanding. Enough said? :)

We don't have to agree on everything, right?

mike

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 15 2011,21:59)
    Hi Pierre,

I believe there to be body and soul and spirit, so I disagree with your understanding.  Enough said?  :)

We don't have to agree on everything, right?

mike

Mike
    :) :)

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Mike……The reason you find psuche for soul and pneuma for Spirit is because the GREEKS SEPARATED the Body and Soul and Spirit as you do, And this is what injects their pagan beliefs into scriptures. But the Hebrew Language has only ONE word for SOUL and that is the complete being. Again David made this very clear to you and all of us. The overall conclusion is the a Body + Spirit = a LIVING SOUL. And it can be destroyed (IN THE GRAVE). as Jesus said it could. Do you see in Genesis a Body , soul, spirit, mentioned there No what you see if you can is a BODY WITH SPIRIT ADDED INTO IT, NOTHING MORE IS MENTION now is there, so why try to add you renditions into the mix.

Scripture uses “Nephesh” 716 times

as Soul, (416)
    as Life, (100)
    as Souls,(58)
    as lives, (18)
    as persons,(16)
    as person, (14)
    as heart. (12)
    as mind, (11)
    as himself,(10)
    as body, (9)
    as creature,(9)
    as dead,…..(8)
    as yourselves, (8)
    as desire, (5)
    as man, (4)
    as mind, (4)
    as pleasure, (4)
    as will, (4)
    as any, (3)
    as beast, (3)
    as themselves,(3)
    as appetite, (2)
    as ghost, (2)
    as heart, (2)
    as lust, (2)
    as thing, (2)
    as angry, (1)
    as breath, (1)
    as deadly, (1)
    as discontented,(1)
    as fish, (1)
    as greedy, (1)
    as heart's, (1)
    as hearty, (1)
    as herself, (1)
    as men, (1)
    as mortally, (1)
    as myself, (1)
    as one, (1)
    as own, (1)
    as slay, (1)
    as slayeth, (1)
    as thyself, (1)
    as would, (1)

Not one mention of it in the New Testement as a SOUL the Greeks broke the Word up into what they perceived it could be into the two words
    Psuche and Pneuma but the Old Testament makes it clear it (Soul) represents the COMPLETE PERSON which is a BODY with SPIRIT IN IT> IMO

peace and love…………………..gene

Baker
    Participant

To All! I have found that many have diffent understanding of what the Soul and what the Spirit is. Georg believes that they are interchangeable. Reading some don't believe that. This is what I found it is a little loong, but I found it interesting…

Three Classes of People
    In 1 Corinthians 2:14-15 and in 3:1, Paul distinguishes between three classes of people. First there is the “natural man” in verse 14. Here the word “natural” in the original Greek is “soulish.” So in verse 14 we have the “soulish man.” In verse 15 we have the “spiritual man,” and in 3:1 we have “fleshy men” or “infants in Christ.” The three verses according to the Greek read this way: “But a soulish man does not accept the things of the Spirit of God; for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned. But the spiritual man discerns all things…and I, brethren, could not speak to you as to spiritual men, but as to fleshy men, as to infants in Christ.” Here Paul clearly distinguishes between “the soulish man,” “the spiritual man,” and “fleshy men.” two, verse 14, says clearly that “a soulish man does not accept the things of the Spirit of God; for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.” How then can the Bible Answer Man say that it doesn't make much difference? A person who lives in the psychological part of his being (the Greek word psuche [soul] is the origin of the English word psyche) does not accept and does not understand the things of God. The reason is clear: the soul is not the part of man which receives and understands spiritual things. In 1 Corinthians 2:12-13 Paul says, “that we might know the things freely given to us by God, which things we also speak, not in words taught by human wisdom, but in those taught by the Spirit, interpreting (or communicating) spiritual things to spiritual men” (Margin, NASV). It is quite clear from this passage that spiritual things can be communicated only to men who know the spirit, and that those who live in the soul can never accept or understand the things of the spirit. For the Bible Answer Man to say, therefore, that it makes no difference whether we distinguish between the soul and the spirit is spiritual suicide. It means that he himself does not know the difference between these two realms. The fact is that in the realm of the spirit men can receive, communicate, be taught, accept, understand, and discern the things of the Spirit; while in the realm of the soul spiritual things can neither be received nor understood.

There is also a third class of men referred to by Paul in chapter three, verse 1. These are called “fleshy men,” “infants in Christ.” This class of men is regenerated, having the life of God and the Spirit of God. But instead of paying attention to the spirit, they walk according to the flesh. They have the Holy Spirit dwelling in their spirit, yet they do not know the spirit. They neither submit to the Spirit nor are they ruled by the Spirit. Concerning the Bible they may pretend to be very learned, yet in depth of understanding they perceive very little. The Corinthian believers were in this class. Paul calls them “infants in Christ,” yet they considered themselves quite mature in spiritual things. According to chapter eight, verse 1, they were puffed up in knowledge, and in chapter thirteen though they could “speak with the tongues of men and of angels,” had “prophecy,” knew “all mysteries,” and “all knowledge,” had “all faith,” and could “remove mountains,” yet in verse 11 Paul referred to them as “infants” and told them that they should put away “infantile things.” The Corinthian Christians, mighty in gifts, puffed up in knowledge, no doubt glorying in their intellectual attainments and parading their linguistic abilities, Paul nevertheless calls “infants in Christ.” They are an excellent example of Christians who make no distinction between soul and spirit. Thinking they represented the highest in Christian attainment, they in fact could not receive the things of God nor could they understand them. Neither gifts nor knowledge qualified them as spiritual men.

The soul belongs to the realm of the natural man, and the spirit belongs to the realm of the Spirit. Anyone who cannot distinguish the difference between these two categories is in darkness. It means he cannot tell what is of God and what is not of God. He may pose as an expert on the Bible, but in fact he cannot know the Bible because the Bible can be interpreted only by men who know the spirit.

One other verse shows the distinct cleavage between soul and spirit. It is Jude 19. “These are the ones who cause divisions, natural [soulish], not having spirit” (Gk.). Jude was referring to the degraded situation that will exist at the end of this age in Christianity, where there will be pretenders to spiritual things. These men will be the source of divisions, because they are soulish men devoid of spirit. Here again it is clear that the realm of the soul and the realm of the spirit are two entirely different spheres. The realm of the spirit is the realm of God's activity, and the realm of the soul is the realm of merely human and sometimes even demonic activity. The importance of being able to distinguish between these two realms cannot be overestimated.

The Ego is Not the Spirit
    The Bible Answer Man told his radio audience on November 12 that the ego is the spirit. To use his words, “You, the ego, are the soul or the spirit.” This can be easily shown to be fallacious. According to the Greek, Galatians 2:20 reads, “I have been crucified with Christ and I [ego] live no more, but Christ lives in me.” This verse tells us two things: First, that I (ego) have been crucified; and second, that Christ lives in me. Keeping in mind these two facts, let us now read 2 Timothy 4:22, “The Lord Jesus Christ [is] with your spirit.” According to the Bible Answer Man the human ego equals the human spirit. But this does not square with the Bible. For the Bible says that the ego has been crucified, and that Christ lives in me. And the place in which Christ lives in me is my spirit. If my ego equals my spirit, and these have been crucified, how could Christ now be living with my spirit? The fact is, my ego, as the expression of my self, was crucified with Christ, but my spirit was made alive when I was born again (John 3:6). Anyone who cannot distinguish between the ego and the human spirit is surely one who cannot distinguish between the things which differ.

Hebrews 4:12
    On the radio program already referred to, the Bible Answer Man was asked if he would “explain Hebrews 4:12, where it says that the soul and spirit are to be divided by the Word of God.” In reply the Bible Answer Man relayed “the explanation given by a very great Greek scholar, Dr. J. Oliver Buswell.” According to Marshall's Interlinear Greek-English New Testament, Hebrews 4:12 reads as follows, “For the Word of God is living and operative and sharper beyond every two-edged sword and passing through as far as division of soul and of spirit, both of joints and of marrow, and [is] able to judge [the] thoughts and intentions of a heart.” The Bible Answer Man gave a rather long and confusing explanation of the use of soul and spirit in this verse, but the conclusion and essence of his explanation was that “the soul and the spirit are two forms of the same thing.” When asked how the two could be divided from each other if they are in fact the same thing, he replied, “You are missing the point.” But he himself never did explain what the point is in the verse which says that the Word of God divides the soul from the spirit. The point is very simple: in man there is the realm of the soul which is natural, and the realm of the spirit which can receive, appropriate, and understand the things of God. These two realms must be clearly divided asunder so that man can know the difference between the realm of the soul and the realm of the spirit. It is the living Word of God pen
    etrating his being which makes such a division and which separates these realms from one another.

Functions of Soul and Spirit
    A careful study of the Bible will show that man has a spirit (Job 32:8), that his spirit has a definite function (Rom. 1:9), and that the function of the spirit is different from the function of the soul (Luke 1:46-47). Since all of God's communications with men occur in the spirit, it is crucial that a believer know his spirit. If he does not know his own spirit, he does not know how to have fellowship with God in the spirit. Not only that, he mistakenly takes the thoughts or emotions of the soul for the activity of the spirit. Confining himself to the realm of the soul, he seldom reaches the realm of the spirit. The Bible clearly shows first that we have a human spirit, second that our human spirit is not synonymous with our soul, and third that it is not the same as the Holy Spirit (Rom. 8:16).

The Human Spirit
    According to the revelation of the Bible and the experience of believers, the human spirit can be said to have three main functions. These three functions are conscience (Rom. 9:1; 8:16), intuition (Mark 2:8), and communion (John 4:24). The conscience is the part of the spirit which distinguishes right from wrong and is not influenced by knowledge stored in the mind; it is rather a spontaneous direct judgment. The intuition is the “knowing” part of the spirit. All true knowledge originates not in the mind, but in the spirit. The revelations of God and the movements of the Holy Spirit are known to the believer through his intuition. A believer must, therefore, take care to heed these two aspects of his spirit: the speaking of his conscience and the teaching of his intuition.

Communion is the third function of the spirit, and is related to the worship of God. The soul is not competent to worship God. According to John 4:24, “God is a Spirit and they that worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth.”

The Human Soul
    Not only does man possess a spirit which enables him to function in the spiritual realm; he also possesses a soul which is the organ of his self-consciousness. The soul is the seat of the human personality. The ingredients which make us human beings belong to the soul. The intellect, thought, ideals, love, emotion, understanding, decision, choice, and other like qualities are all associated with the soul. The three main functions of the soul are the will (Job 7:15), the mind (Lam. 3:20, RSV), and the emotion (2 Sam. 5:8; Deut. 6:5). The will is the instrument for making decisions and choices. The second function of the soul is the mind, the instrument for thinking. It is in this part of the soul that man reasons and has knowledge (Prov. 2:10). The third function of the soul is the emotion. This is the instrument of likes and dislikes. Through the emotions we are able to express love or hatred, joyfulness, anger, sadness, or happiness. A shortage in this area will render us insensitive. By a careful study of the Bible we cannot help but be impressed that these three primary functions of the personality belong to the soul.

Vital to Christian Experience
    This matter of distinguishing the spirit from the soul is not just something of academic or doctrinal interests. It is vital to our Christian experience. If we do not know our human spirit, how shall God communicate with us (Job 32:8); how shall we worship Him (John 4:24); how shall we receive revelation from God (Eph. 1:17); and how shall we pray properly (Eph. 6:18, praying…in spirit)? These vital experiences are a matter of knowing our spirit. Even serving the Lord must be done in and with our spirit (Rom. 1:9). Many today are satisfied simply to find an open door to serve the Lord, but Paul was regulated rather by the rest in his spirit (2 Cor. 2:12-13).

If you are a Christian, your spirit has been made alive by the Spirit (John 3:6), and today Jesus Christ is with your spirit (2 Tim. 4:22). There is not one verse in the whole Bible which says that your soul was born again or that Christ today is in your soul. Neither is there a single verse which says that we should worship God with our soul (although many Christians try it). But there is a verse which says that if we are going to worship God, we must worship Him in spirit (John 4:24).

May all who read these words be exercised to discern between their soul and their spirit and to walk before God in spirit.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To ALL ……….So much for what someone else says but we are talking Scripture Here not what some one think he feels about souls and spirits. (MAN) i.e ADAM (came to be) a LIVING SOUL when SPIRIT was added INTO HIM> nothing more and nothing less a complete MAN is a LIVING SOUL as long as he is alive and if he dies he ceases to be a soul a Living Soul. His thoughts Parish and He is dead forever unless GOD reconstructs him a body and add Spirit back into it, he will never ever exist again. Any one can just look at Jesus and see what happened to him, the same thing has to happen to us in order for us to continue to live , we must have a Body and Spirit in to the same way Jesus is Now. Nothing complicated about it just simple truth, no ghost , spooks , no neither worlds or life while in the dead state. IMO

peace and love…………………gene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Mar. 15 2011,10:50)

Mike……The reason you find psuche for soul and pneuma for Spirit is because the GREEKS SEPARATED the Body and Soul and Spirit as you do, And this is what injects their pagan beliefs into scriptures.

Are you including the Son of God in this statement?  Didn't Jesus himself teach that man can only kill the body but not the soul?  Gene, it's sad that you take only the scriptures that fit around your doctrine into consideration.  The rest you either add words to or blow off as not inspired of God like Adam did.

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Mar. 15 2011,10:50)

But the Hebrew Language has only ONE word for SOUL and that is the complete being. Again David made this very clear to you and all of us. The overall conclusion is the a Body + Spirit = a LIVING SOUL.

I respect David's scriptural knowledge and looked into what he had to say.  But the very first scripture he listed referred to a soul DEPARTING.  We know the actual BODY didn't DEPART from where it lay dead………….so what actually departed?

And this one is in HEBREW, not Greek.

I think the word soul in reference to a life or person as a whole is mostly euphimism.

It's okay that we disagree about this, Gene. I disagree with you on most things. :)

mike

Baker
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Mar. 16 2011,13:17)
    To ALL ……….So much for what someone else says but we are talking Scripture Here not what some one think he feels about souls and spirits. (MAN) i.e ADAM  (came to be) a LIVING SOUL when SPIRIT was added INTO HIM> nothing more and nothing less a complete MAN is a LIVING SOUL as long as he is alive and if he dies he ceases to be a soul a Living Soul. His thoughts Parish and He is dead forever unless GOD reconstructs him a body and add Spirit back into it, he will never ever exist again. Any one can just look at Jesus and see what happened to him, the same thing has to happen to us in order for us to continue to live , we must have a Body and Spirit in to the same way Jesus is Now. Nothing complicated about it just simple truth, no ghost , spooks , no neither worlds or life while in the dead state. IMO

peace and love…………………gene

So only Gene has al the truths.  Even thouhg Scriptures were given in that article, so I think He too is a Christian.  But it simple does not matter to you….. That shows a lot about yourself…..Who are you to judge….

terraricca
    Participant

All

Ecc 1:2 “Meaningless! Meaningless!”
    says the Teacher.
    “Utterly meaningless!
    Everything is meaningless.”

Ecc 1:3 What does man gain from all his labor
    at which he toils under the sun?
    Ecc 1:4 Generations come and generations go,
    but the earth remains forever.

Ecc 1:12 I, the Teacher, was king over Israel in Jerusalem.
    Ecc 1:13 I devoted myself to study and to explore by wisdom all that is done under heaven. What a heavy burden God has laid on men!
    Ecc 1:14 I have seen all the things that are done under the sun; all of them are meaningless, a chasing after the wind.
    Ecc 1:15 What is twisted cannot be straightened;
    what is lacking cannot be counted.

Ecc 1:16 I thought to myself, “Look, I have grown and increased in wisdom more than anyone who has ruled over Jerusalem before me; I have experienced much of wisdom and knowledge.”
    Ecc 1:17 Then I applied myself to the understanding of wisdom, and also of madness and folly, but I learned that this, too, is a chasing after the wind.
    Ecc 1:18 For with much wisdom comes much sorrow;
    the more knowledge, the more grief.

Ecc 2:1 I thought in my heart, “Come now, I will test you with pleasure to find out what is good.” But that also proved to be meaningless.

Ecc 2:10 I denied myself nothing my eyes desired;
    I refused my heart no pleasure.
    My heart took delight in all my work,
    and this was the reward for all my labor.
    Ecc 2:11 Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done
    and what I had toiled to achieve,
    everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind;
    nothing was gained under the sun.

Lk 11:31 The queen of the south shall rise up in the judgment with the men of this generation, and condemn them: for she came from the utmost parts of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and, behold, a greater than Solomon is here.

Christ gives us the knowledge and wisdom to receive everlasting live,trough reconciliation with our Father and his father.

Pierre

Viewing 20 posts - 221 through 240 (of 645 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account