The only god who is

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 561 through 580 (of 665 total)
  • Author
    Lightenup
    Participant

Our Godhead=the Father and the Son. The Son had a beginning before creation. The Father always was.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    The Son or the Spirit of Christ?
    The Lord is the Spirit.

No godhead such as you describe is found in the sacred writings so where did it originate?

Lightenup
    Participant

Nick,
    Before anything was in heaven or on earth.
    1 Cor 8:6-7
    6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom are all things and we exist for Him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we exist through Him.
    7 However not all men have this knowledge;
    NASU

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ April 15 2010,11:06)
    ;Our Godhead=the Father and the Son. The Son had a beginning before creation. The Father always was.

LU

no ,not ours ,yours LU is;; Godhead=the Father and the Son. The Son had a beginning before creation. The Father always was.

JustAskin
    Participant

Nick, LU,

My apology for the mistake. I did qualify it with 'that is Flesh', which you did not take into account.

Yes, God has a Soul. I meant: fleshly body for God is a Spirit and they that worship him must do so must worship him in Spirit and in Truth.

(Of topic: What is the Soul of a being, different from Spirit and Body? I think that is where I got confused thinking Soul=body. Any takers for a quick answer?)

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ April 15 2010,11:29)
    Nick,
    6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom are all things and we exist for Him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we exist through Him.
    NASU

Hi LU,
    How do we exist through Jesus the Christ?
    We live by sharing his Spirit.
    The Lord is the Spirit.

JustAskin
    Participant

LU,

What was the mission that Jesus, the 'Son'-Messenger of God (Matthew 12:18, Isaiah 42:1), had to do that God 'Couldn't do', please?

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (JustAskin @ April 14 2010,19:43)
    LU,

What was the mission that Jesus, the 'Son'-Messenger of God (Matthew 12:18, Isaiah 42:1), had to do that God 'Couldn't do', please?

JA,
    I understand about the soul and flesh thing, you were confused, no problem.

Jesus had to carry out the law and He had to lay down His life to death.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 14 2010,19:40)

Quote (Lightenup @ April 15 2010,11:29)
    Nick,
    NASU

Hi LU,
    How do we exist through Jesus the Christ?
    We live by sharing his Spirit.
    The Lord is the Spirit.

Nick,
    We exist through Jesus the Christ by believing that He is our Lord who died and rose again and paid for our sins so that we can have eternal life.

Nick, you are always saying “the Lord is the spirit.” Is there a topic already started for that? I would like to discuss that more with you in an appropriate thread.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

LU……… Notice it say (IN WHOM) my soul delights .GOD is the ONLY ONE who can exist without a BODY, No one else Can. We know no man has ever seen God at any time according to John. GOD can LIVE in all and Through ALL so in that sense He does Have Bodies He lives in. GOD lives in the very things He created , Man did NOT become a living Soul until A body had Spirit added into it, as scripture plainly say. Our Soul is our complete make up as an (individual )apart from all others, and requires a body.

Notice in Eze 37:4…..> And he said unto me, Prophesy over these biines, and say unto them, ye dry bones, hear the word of Jehovah. Thus saith the Lord Jehovah unto these bones: Behold, I will cause breath to enter into you, and you shall live. (they were dead) no life at all, verse 6…> And I will put sinews upon you, and will bring up flesh upon you, and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and you shall LIVE (they will not live until that happens.) And you shall know that I am Jehovah. Verse 7 And i prophesied, as i was commanded; and as I prophesied, there was a noise, and behold a rustling, and the bones came together, bone to its bone> Verse 8…> And I looked, and behold, sinews and flesh came upon them, and the Skin covered them over; but there was no breath in them Verse 9….> and He said unto me, Prophesy unto the wind, son of man, and say to the wind, Thus saith the Lord Jehovah: Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe upon these slain, that they may live. Verse 10, And I prophesied as He had commanded me, and the breath came into them, and thye lives, and stood up upon their feet, an exceeding great army. Verse 11…> and he said unto me , Son of man, these bones are the (WHOLE) HOUSE of Israel. Now notice this, BEHOLD THEY SAY, OUR BONES ARE DRIED, AND OUR HOPE IS LOST; WE ARE CUT OFF> (that is from the land of the living). verse 12…> Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord Jehovah: Behold, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, O my people, and bring you into the land of Israel. 13…> And you shall know that I am Jehovah when I have opened your graves, and have caused you to come up out of your graves, O my people. 14…> And I will put (MY) SPIRIT in you, and you shall live, and I will place you in your own land; and you shall know that I Jehovah have spoken, and have done it, saith Jehovah.

Notice no one is living as some kind of Spirit being AT ALL, and they all have flesh and bones or bodies with Spirit in them , then they will be a living SOUL again. IMO

Peace and love………..gene

Lightenup
    Participant

Hi JA,
    you asked:

(Of topic: What is the Soul of a being, different from Spirit and Body? I think that is where I got confused thinking Soul=body. Any takers for a quick answer?)

Our soul is what is left when you take away the body and the spirit. The soul and spirit return to God after we die, the body does not. We receive a heavenly body after our flesh body dies and that new body will contain our spirit and soul.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    Scripture never says our soul returns to GOD at death does it?

Neither does it say our spirit returns from God does it?

Lightenup
    Participant

Nick,
    I have already shown you this.

Elizabeth
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ April 15 2010,12:04)
    Hi JA,
    you asked:

Our soul is what is left when you take away the body and the spirit.  The soul and spirit return to God after we die, the body does not.  We receive a heavenly body after our flesh body dies and that new body will contain our spirit and soul.

Kathi! No, wre are a Soul and the God's Holy Spirit which we received at Baptism goes back to God. How ask Georg…..I forgot, but remembver that it does…
    Irene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    The human spirit returns to God.[Ecc12]
    On one occasion in Lk 8.55 it is said to return to someone after death.

The rest does not seem to be written

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ April 14 2010,20:03)
    LU……… Notice it say (IN WHOM) my soul delights .GOD is the ONLY ONE who can exist without a BODY, No one else Can. We know no man has ever seen God at any time according to John. GOD can LIVE in all and Through ALL so in that sense He does Have Bodies He lives in. GOD lives in the very things He created , Man did NOT become a living Soul until A body had Spirit added into it, as scripture plainly say. Our Soul is our complete make up as an (individual )apart from all others, and requires a body.

Notice in Eze 37:4…..> And he said unto me, Prophesy over these biines, and say unto them, ye dry bones, hear the word of Jehovah. Thus saith the Lord Jehovah unto these bones: Behold, I will cause breath to enter into you, and you shall live. (they were dead) no life at all, verse 6…> And I will put sinews upon you, and will bring up flesh upon you, and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and you shall LIVE (they will not live until that happens.) And you shall know that I am Jehovah. Verse 7 And i prophesied, as i was commanded; and as I prophesied, there was a noise, and behold a rustling, and the bones came together, bone to its bone> Verse 8…> And I looked, and behold, sinews and flesh came upon them, and the Skin covered them over; but there was no breath in them Verse 9….> and He said unto me, Prophesy unto the wind, son of man, and say to the wind, Thus saith the Lord Jehovah: Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe upon these slain, that they may live. Verse 10, And I prophesied as He had commanded me, and the breath came into them, and thye lives, and stood up upon their feet, an exceeding great army. Verse 11…> and he said unto me , Son of man, these bones are the (WHOLE) HOUSE of Israel. Now notice this, BEHOLD THEY SAY, OUR BONES ARE DRIED, AND OUR HOPE IS LOST; WE ARE CUT OFF> (that is from the land of the living). verse 12…> Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord Jehovah: Behold, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, O my people, and bring you into the land of Israel. 13…> And you shall know that I am Jehovah when I have opened your graves, and have caused you to come up out of your graves, O my people. 14…> And I will put (MY) SPIRIT in you, and you shall live, and I will place you in your own land; and you shall know that I Jehovah have spoken, and have done it, saith Jehovah.  

Notice no one is living as some kind of Spirit being AT ALL, and they all have flesh and bones or bodies with Spirit in them , then they will be a living SOUL again. IMO

Peace and love………..gene

Hi Gene,
    Thanks for your comments. I agree that the spirit and soul need a body to dwell in…either a flesh body or a heavenly body.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 15 2010,00:10)
    Hi LU,
    The human spirit returns to God.[Ecc12]
    On one occasion in Lk 8.55 it is said to return to someone after death.

The rest does not seem to be written

Ps 49:7-15
    7 No man can by any means redeem his brother Or give to God a ransom for him —
    8 For the redemption of his soul is costly, And he should cease trying forever —
    9 That he should live on eternally, That he should not undergo decay.
    10 For he sees that even wise men die; The stupid and the senseless alike perish And leave their wealth to others.
    11 Their inner thought is that their houses are forever And their dwelling places to all generations; They have called their lands after their own names.
    12 But man in his pomp will not endure; He is like the beasts that perish.
    13 This is the way of those who are foolish, And of those after them who approve their words. Selah.
    14 As sheep they are appointed for Sheol; Death shall be their shepherd; And the upright shall rule over them in the morning, And their form shall be for Sheol to consume So that they have no habitation.
    15 But God will redeem my soul from the power of Sheol, For He will receive me. Selah.
    NASU

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    Yes the natural home of the soul after death is sheol.
    But being redeemed from there does not state that it goes to God.

The meek shall inherit the earth.

Lightenup
    Participant

Nick,
    Who is the “He” in “He will receive me?” Ps 49:15

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    God.
    He is eternally united with Jesus and He will be in Christ when the Lord returns to rule.

Viewing 20 posts - 561 through 580 (of 665 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account