The only god who is

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 441 through 460 (of 665 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    Should we learn from those who preach other gods than the God of Israel?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    Where did you learn that Jesus was not sufficiently able to be our sacrifice and it would have to be a god to die for men?

You rate the value of puny men like us too highly

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 06 2010,18:44)
    Hi LU,
    Where did you learn that Jesus was not sufficiently able to be our sacrifice and it would have to be a god to die for men?

You rate the value of puny men like us too highly

Nick,
    There you go again being a false witness.
    See, how you are twisting words…I never said that Jesus was not sufficient. He is more than a mere man.

The Lord Jesus Christ is the only God who is at the side of the Father.
    and now that same Lord is spirit…not flesh.

You are the one saying that Jesus was just a puny man like you, albeit pious. You make yourself out as equal to being the kind of man Jesus was. A righteous man cannot die for another sinful man.
    Learn.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    A RIGHTEOUS MAN CANNOT DIE FOR ANOTHER SINFUL MAN?
    What theology teaches this?

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 06 2010,19:28)
    Hi LU,

Nick,
    The Bible teaches that! I have shown you. Twice now.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ April 07 2010,11:58)

Hi LU,

Nick,
    The Bible teaches that!  I have shown you.  Twice now.

LU

there is not one single man born from his seed who could give up his live to replace Adam lives,because all have sin.

God at to supply the man = to Adam

Lightenup
    Participant

God supplied the only God at the Father's side to become a man, Jesus Christ, and pay for all men's sins, past, present and future.
    Hallelujah!!

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ April 07 2010,13:24)
    God supplied the only God at the Father's side to become a man, Jesus Christ, and pay for all men's sins, past, present and future.
    Hallelujah!!

LU

sorry Christ position will be changed after he as finish to accomplish the work his father gives him;so that there is only one ruler in all;
    1Co 15:27 Scripture says that God “has put everything under his control. It says that “everything” has been put under him. But it is clear that this does not include God himself, who puts everything under Christ.
    1Co 15:28 When he has done that, the Son also will be under God’s rule. God puts everything under the Son. In that way, God will be all in all.

and only one spirit “TO SERVE 'OUT OF TRUE LOVE”

so God then Christ then the angels then the men then the animals ,and all in Gods rule only one ruler not two not tree,not one plus a arm ,not one plus a finger,

just one ruler, and that it .GOD the FATHER;

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Well put, Terra.

Kathi, sin entered the world through one man and was atoned for through one man. Jesus didn't have to literally pay for the billions of individual sins mankind has committed, just cancel out the one sin by which sin entered us all. IMO

peace and love,
    mike

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ April 07 2010,11:58)

Hi LU,

Nick,
    The Bible teaches that!  I have shown you.  Twice now.

Hi LU,
    No. You have offered skewed teaching based on your dogma.
    Jesus is a man, now the man from heaven.
    The Lord is the Spirit.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 06 2010,22:59)
    Well put, Terra.

Kathi, sin entered the world through one man and was atoned for through one man.  Jesus didn't have to literally pay for the billions of individual sins mankind has committed, just cancel out the one sin by which sin entered us all.  IMO

peace and love,
    mike

Mike,
    Read:

Rom 5:16
    16 The gift is not like that which came through the one who sinned; for on the one hand the judgment arose from one transgression resulting in condemnation, but on the other hand the free gift arose from many transgressions resulting in justification.
    NASU

1 Peter 2:24
    24 and He Himself bore our sins in His body on the cross, so that we might die to sin and live to righteousness; for by His wounds you were healed.
    NASU

Heb 10:12
    12 but He, having offered one sacrifice for sins for all time, SAT DOWN AT THE RIGHT HAND OF GOD,
    NASU

Why are all those verses written with sins as a plural word, hmmm?  He bore MANY transgressions, for ALL time.  Appreciate that.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ April 06 2010,22:45)

Hallelujah!!

LU

sorry Christ position will be changed after he as finish to accomplish the work his father gives him;so that there is only one ruler in all;
    1Co 15:27 Scripture says that God “has put everything under his control. It says that “everything” has been put under him. But it is clear that this does not include God himself, who puts everything under Christ.
    1Co 15:28 When he has done that, the Son also will be under God’s rule. God puts everything under the Son. In that way, God will be all in all.

so God then Christ then the angels then the men then the animals ,and all in Gods rule only one ruler not two not tree,not one plus a arm ,not one plus a finger,

terraricca,

2 Peter 1:11
    11 for in this way the entrance into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ will be abundantly supplied to you.
    NASU
    Heb 1:8
    8 But of the Son He says, “YOUR THRONE, O GOD, IS FOREVER AND EVER, AND THE RIGHTEOUS SCEPTER IS THE SCEPTER OF HIS KINGDOM.
    NASU

The Son's throne is for ever and ever…He never gives up His throne in His ETERNAL kingdom. It's scripture! If the Son isn't also going to be our ruler, why does He have a kingdom and a throne for ever and ever…so He can rule over nothing? I don't think so.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Mar. 29 2010,18:01)

Quote (Lightenup @ Mar. 28 2010,09:47)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 28 2010,01:09)

Quote (Lightenup @ Mar. 28 2010,16:40)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 28 2010,00:13)

Quote (Lightenup @ Mar. 28 2010,15:32)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 27 2010,23:09)
    Hi LU,
    There are no scriptures that say Jesus was a combined God with his God and then God's arm divided from God and came
    Neither are there two Gods.

Nick,
    OR you haven't been given that revelation yet.  Do you think that God is with Himself in John 1:1?

In the beginning was the word and the word was with God and the word was God.

Hi LU,
    The Spirit of God is what transformed Jesus into a man of power and spiritual understanding.

He said true worshipers worship the Father and he is not the Father is he?

Working instead from your own theories is sad to see.

Nick,
    Our own theories is all anyone has.  You have your own theory too.  You think that Jesus was just a normal man like the rest of us but if that were so, his death would not pay for all mankind.  The scriptures say that a righteous man can not die in the place of the unrighteous man.  He was more than a man.  So you can wallow in your own theories.  I am just to submit mine and hopefully the Lord will use them as He pleases.  It is not my job to convince you.

All of us, like sheep, have gone our own way, but the Lord has caused the iniquities of us all to fall on Him.   And we thank Him for bearing each of our lack.

I'm sure that if I was following another man's theories you would have trouble with that too.

Hi LU,
    Why did Jesus have to be MORE THAN A MAN to save us?
    Any scriptures?

Nick and JustAskin,

Ezek 18:7-20
    7 if a man does not oppress anyone, but restores to the debtor his pledge, does not commit robbery, but gives his bread to the hungry and covers the naked with clothing,
    8 if he does not lend money on interest or take increase, if he keeps his hand from iniquity and executes true justice between man and man,
    9 if he walks in My statutes and My ordinances so as to deal faithfully — he is righteous and will surely live,” declares the Lord God.
    10 “Then he may have a violent son who sheds blood and who does any of these things to a brother
    11 (though he himself did not do any of these things), that is, he even eats at the mountain shrines, and defiles his neighbor's wife,
    12 oppresses the poor and needy, commits robbery, does not restore a pledge, but lifts up his eyes to the idols and commits abomination,
    13 he lends money on interest and takes increase; will he live? He will not live! He has committed all these abominations, he will surely be put to death; his blood will be on his own head.
    14 “Now behold, he has a son who has observed all his father's sins which he committed, and observing does not do likewise.
    15 “He does not eat at the mountain shrines or lift up his eyes to the idols of the house of Israel, or defile his neighbor's wife,
    16 or oppress anyone, or retain a pledge, or commit robbery, but he gives his bread to the hungry and covers the naked with clothing,
    17 he keeps his hand from the poor, does not take interest or increase, but executes My ordinances, and walks in My statutes; he will not die for his father's iniquity, he will surely live.
    18 “As for his father, because he practiced extortion, robbed his brother and did what was not good among his people, behold, he will die for his iniquity.
    19 “Yet you say, 'Why should the son not bear the punishment for the father's iniquity?' When the son has practiced justice and righteousness and has observed all My statutes and done them, he shall surely live.
    20 “The person who sins will die. The son will not bear the punishment for the father's iniquity, nor will the father bear the punishment for the son's iniquity; the righteousness of the righteous will be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked will be upon himself.
    NASU

Read the whole thing not just what I have made bold print.

Here Nick, I'll help ya…  :;):

Nick,
    I don't even have to comment on the passage for the message to be said that a righteous man cannot die for the sins of the sinful man…so it is not my dogma that says it. Here it is again, and I will keep posting it if you keep dodging it…that's just fine with me:

Ezek 18:7-20
    7 if a man does not oppress anyone, but restores to the debtor his pledge, does not commit robbery, but gives his bread to the hungry and covers the naked with clothing,
    8 if he does not lend money on interest or take increase, if he keeps his hand from iniquity and executes true justice between man and man,
    9 if he walks in My statutes and My ordinances so as to deal faithfully — he is righteous and will surely live,” declares the Lord God.
    10 “Then he may have a violent son who sheds blood and who does any of these things to a brother
    11 (though he himself did not do any of these things), that is, he even eats at the mountain shrines, and defiles his neighbor's wife,
    12 oppresses the poor and needy, commits robbery, does not restore a pledge, but lifts up his eyes to the idols and commits abomination,
    13 he lends money on interest and takes increase; will he live? He will not live! He has committed all these abominations, he will surely be put to death; his blood will be on his own head.
    14 “Now behold, he has a son who has observed all his father's sins which he committed, and observing does not do likewise.
    15 “He does not eat at the mountain shrines or lift up his eyes to the idols of the house of Israel, or defile his neighbor's wife,
    16 or oppress anyone, or retain a pledge, or commit robbery, but he gives his bread to the hungry and
    covers the naked with clothing,
    17 he keeps his hand from the poor, does not take interest or increase, but executes My ordinances, and walks in My statutes; he will not die for his father's iniquity, he will surely live.
    18 “As for his father, because he practiced extortion, robbed his brother and did what was not good among his people, behold, he will die for his iniquity.
    19 “Yet you say, 'Why should the son not bear the punishment for the father's iniquity?' When the son has practiced justice and righteousness and has observed all My statutes and done them, he shall surely live.
    20 “The person who sins will die. The son will not bear the punishment for the father's iniquity, nor will the father bear the punishment for the son's iniquity; the righteousness of the righteous will be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked will be upon himself.
    NASU

Read it slower this time, maybe that will stick better with you.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ April 07 2010,17:04)

Hallelujah!!

LU

terraricca,

11 for in this way the entrance into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ will be abundantly supplied to you.
    NASU
    8 But of the Son He says, “YOUR THRONE, O GOD, IS FOREVER AND EVER, AND THE RIGHTEOUS SCEPTER IS THE SCEPTER OF HIS KINGDOM.
    NASU

The Son's throne is for ever and ever…He never gives up His throne in His ETERNAL kingdom.  It's scripture!  If the Son isn't also going to be our ruler, why does He have a kingdom and a throne for ever and ever…so He can rule over nothing?  I don't think so.

LU

2Ti 2:23 Don’t have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels.
    2Ti 2:24 And the Lord’s servant must not quarrel; instead, he must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful.
    2Ti 2:25 Those who oppose him he must gently instruct, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of the truth,
    2Ti 2:26 and that they will come to their senses and escape from the trap of the devil, who has taken them captive to do his will.

you did not show that you have understand the scriptures i have showed you ,they are well consistent with the ones you quoted

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ April 07 2010,09:56)

Quote (Lightenup @ April 07 2010,17:04)

Hallelujah!!

LU

terraricca,

NASU
    NASU

The Son's throne is for ever and ever…He never gives up His throne in His ETERNAL kingdom.  It's scripture!  If the Son isn't also going to be our ruler, why does He have a kingdom and a throne for ever and ever…so He can rule over nothing?  I don't think so.

LU

2Ti 2:23 Don’t have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels.
    2Ti 2:24 And the Lord’s servant must not quarrel; instead, he must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful.
    2Ti 2:25 Those who oppose him he must gently instruct, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of the truth,
    2Ti 2:26 and that they will come to their senses and escape from the trap of the devil, who has taken them captive to do his will.

you did not show that you have understand the scriptures i have showed you ,they are well consistent with the ones you quoted

terraricca,
    I'm glad that you found those scriptures in 2 Timothy, I have found them very helpful here…maybe you will too. Enjoy meditating on them, they can change your life.

What happens after the Son gives the kingdom to His Father is kind of unclear but Revelations tells us that the throne of God and of the Lamb are in the New Jerusalem and that the Son will have a new name.
    That new name along with the name of the Son's God and the name of the New Jerusalem will be written on the forehead of those who overcome.

Rev 3:12
    12 'He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he will not go out from it anymore; and I will write on him the name of My God, and the name of the city of My God, the new Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God, and My new name.
    NASU

Rev 22:1-5
    22 Then he showed me a river of the water of life, clear as crystal, coming from the throne of God and of the Lamb,
    2 in the middle of its street. On either side of the river was the tree of life, bearing twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit every month; and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.
    3 There will no longer be any curse; and the throne of God and of the Lamb will be in it, and His bond-servants will serve Him;
    4 they will see His face, and His name will be on their foreheads.
    5 And there will no longer be any night; and they will not have need of the light of a lamp nor the light of the sun, because the Lord God will illumine them; and they will reign forever and ever.
    NASU

What will be, will be. The Son probably won't be referred to as the “outstretched arm” or “Lamb” but will have a new name.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    The Lord is the Spirit.
    No need for PROBABLIES

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 07 2010,18:35)
    Hi LU,
    The Lord is the Spirit.
    No need for PROBABLIES

Hi Nick,

You repeat “the Lord is the Spirit” in nearly every post of yours. Maybe you can tell us what that means in light of its context. I have read others opinions but you must know the exact meaning since you “don't rely on probablies.” Please tell us exactly what it means.

Thanks!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    Jesus is the Lord.

His work and teachings were all from the Spirit given him.
    He died and now lives only in that Spirit.

Everything said about him of importance is about the Spirit in him.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 07 2010,21:51)
    Hi LU,
    Jesus is the Lord.

His work and teachings were all from the Spirit given him.
    He died and now lives only in that Spirit.

Everything said about him of importance is about the Spirit in him.

Nick,
    Well that is unusual teaching…something you made up? What happened to Jesus' own spirit that He had before the Jordan?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    His own spirit left him at calvary.
    That is what happens when men die.
    Jn 19.30
    Mt 27.50
    Lk 23.46

Ecc 12

Viewing 20 posts - 441 through 460 (of 665 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account