The only god who is

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 665 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Mar. 29 2010,13:14)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 28 2010,15:49)
    Hi LU,
    You need to decide if he was with God or in God before he was sent.
    If he was God did he send himself?

Jesus loved his Father and his Father loved him but you think that love has no real meaning?
    I mean you love your own body-nobody hates his own body according to scripture.

Nick,
    He wasn't the God who sent Him, He was God, as the Son of God, that was sent.

hi LU,
    Make your mind up.
    God as you think or Son of God as he said.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    You said he was part of God.
    Make your mind up

Lightenup
    Participant

Nick,
    I'm not changing my mind…you are just not understanding what I am saying apparently. I have been saying that the outstretched arm is a separate being from the one He is an outstretched arm to all along since I have started talking about the outstretched arm.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    So two gods somehow also one god?
    Sounds like mystery babylon in drag.

Lightenup
    Participant

Is it so hard for you to understand two persons becoming one flesh too? It doesn't make it not true just because it is hard to understand.

Here we have an example of Jonathan and David

1 Sam 18:1-4
    18 Now it came about when he had finished speaking to Saul, that the soul of Jonathan was knit to the soul of David, and Jonathan loved him as himself.
    2 Saul took him that day and did not let him return to his father's house.
    3 Then Jonathan made a covenant with David because he loved him as himself.
    4 Jonathan stripped himself of the robe that was on him and gave it to David, with his armor, including his sword and his bow and his belt.
    NASU

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    But if you have two gods how come one is the arm of the other?
    God was in Christ Jesus?
    Was he in himself??

NickHassan
    Participant

hi LU,
    Eternal life is in the Spirit.
    Jesus had his own spirit which left him at calvary[Mt27.50, Jn 19.30]
    But you worship him despite his death because of who he was BEFORE he was anointed with the Spirit of life?

is that even logical?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ Mar. 29 2010,11:52)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 28 2010,19:01)

Quote (Lightenup @ Mar. 29 2010,06:08)
    Where did Jehovah ever say that you can worship me but not my outstretched arm?

Hi Kathi,

Correction on the “by” accepted.  I should have used “from” God, not “by” God.

As far as your question above, a better question is when did God, Jesus or anybody else for that matter say “TO” worship His arm as a separate god, Son of God or anything else?  When are we taught by the Scriptures to worship anyone or anything but Jehovah?  Does the OT show an account where the Israelites worshipped “the outstretched arm”?

peace and love,
    mike

Hi Mike,
    The “outstretched arm” does not get singled out to be worshiped…the arm does not act alone.  The Lord and His Arm are worshiped as one being.

Before the arm is revealed:

2 Kings 17:36
    36 “But the Lord, who brought you up from the land of Egypt with great power and with an outstretched arm, Him you shall fear, and to Him you shall bow yourselves down, and to Him you shall sacrifice.

After the arm is revealed:

Phil 2:10-11
    10 so that at the name of Jesus EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
    11 and that every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
    NASU

The Father and Son worshiped together:

Rev 5:5-14
    behold, the Lion that is from the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has overcome so as to open the book and its seven seals.”
    6 And I saw between the throne (with the four living creatures) and the elders a Lamb standing, as if slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God, sent out into all the earth.
    7 And He came and took the book out of the right hand of Him who sat on the throne.
    8 When He had taken the book, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb, each one holding a harp and golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints.
    9 And they sang a new song, saying, “Worthy are You to take the book and to break its seals; for You were slain, and purchased for God with Your blood men from every tribe and tongue and people and nation.
    10 “You have made them to be a kingdom and priests to our God; and they will reign upon the earth.”
    Angels Exalt the Lamb 11 Then I looked, and I heard the voice of many angels around the throne and the living creatures and the elders; and the number of them was myriads of myriads, and thousands of thousands,
    12 saying with a loud voice, “Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power and riches and wisdom and might and honor and glory and blessing.”
    13 And every created thing which is in heaven and on the earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all things in them, I heard saying, “To Him who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb, be blessing and honor and glory and dominion forever and ever.”
    14 And the four living creatures kept saying, “Amen.” And the elders fell down and worshiped.
    NASU

Hi Kathi,

You didn't answer any of my three questions. There is nothing in those Scriptures about anyone but God being worshipped.

peace and love,
    mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ Mar. 29 2010,13:16)
    Nick,
    God loved His Son and the Son loved God, His Father.  Two beings each with a body, soul and spirit…both capable of love.

Except one of Kathi's gods is a severed arm and the other is a one armed person :D Like in the fugitive.

Kathi, I don't mean to ridicule, but this is more far out than the “worship Jesus as the Son of God” thing. No one is to be worshipped as God, except Jehovah.

peace and love,
    mike

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 29 2010,14:20)

Hi Kathi,

As far as your question above, a better question is when did God, Jesus or anybody else for that matter say “TO” worship His arm as a separate god, Son of God or anything else?  When are we taught by the Scriptures to worship anyone or anything but Jehovah?  Does the OT show an account where the Israelites worshipped “the outstretched arm”?

peace and love,
    mike

Hi Mike,
    The “outstretched arm” does not get singled out to be worshiped…the arm does not act alone.  The Lord and His Arm are worshiped as one being.

36 “But the Lord, who brought you up from the land of Egypt with great power and with an outstretched arm, Him you shall fear, and to Him you shall bow yourselves down, and to Him you shall sacrifice.

10 so that at the name of Jesus EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
    11 and that every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
    NASU

behold, the Lion that is from the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has overcome so as to open the book and its seven seals.”
    6 And I saw between the throne (with the four living creatures) and the elders a Lamb standing, as if slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God, sent out into all the earth.
    7 And He came and took the book out of the right hand of Him who sat on the throne.
    8 When He had taken the book, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb, each one holding a harp and golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints.
    9 And they sang a new song, saying, “Worthy are You to take the book and to break its seals; for You were slain, and purchased for God with Your blood men from every tribe and tongue and people and nation.
    10 “You have made them to be a kingdom and priests to our God; and they will reign upon the earth.”
    Angels Exalt the Lamb 11 Then I looked, and I heard the voice of many angels around the throne and the living creatures and the elders; and the number of them was myriads of myriads, and thousands of thousands,
    12 saying with a loud voice, “Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power and riches and wisdom and might and honor and glory and blessing.”
    13 And every created thing which is in heaven and on the earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all things in them, I heard saying, “To Him who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb, be blessing and honor and glory and dominion forever and ever.”
    14 And the four living creatures kept saying, “Amen.” And the elders fell down and worshiped.
    NASU

Hi Kathi,

You didn't answer any of my three questions.  There is nothing in those Scriptures about anyone but God being worshipped.

peace and love,
    mike

NASU

LU ,it is not written that Jsus is worshiped,ones again you draw conclution of what you read.

Christ as the lamb received honor and glory,and blessing
    it seams you see what you want to see in your mind,

but it is not written.

Lightenup
    Participant

Nick, Mikeboll64, terraricca, JA,
    Do you believe that Jesus is called mighty God?

Isa 9:6
    6 For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; And the government will rest on His shoulders; And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.
    NASU

Do you believe that Jesus is the arm of God that Isaiah wrote about?

John 12:38-41
    38 This was to fulfill the word of Isaiah the prophet which he spoke: “LORD, WHO HAS BELIEVED OUR REPORT? AND TO WHOM HAS THE ARM OF THE LORD BEEN REVEALED?”
    39 For this reason they could not believe, for Isaiah said again,
    40 “HE HAS BLINDED THEIR EYES AND HE HARDENED THEIR HEART, SO THAT THEY WOULD NOT SEE WITH THEIR EYES AND PERCEIVE WITH THEIR HEART, AND BE CONVERTED AND I HEAL THEM.”
    41 These things Isaiah said because he saw His glory, and he spoke of Him.
    NASU

It is sad that you are among the ones that can not perceive with your heart. May God have mercy on you if He so chooses.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 28 2010,22:34)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 29 2010,14:20)

Hi Kathi,

peace and love,
    mike

Hi Mike,

NASU

NASU

Hi Kathi,

You didn't answer any of my three questions.  There is nothing in those Scriptures about anyone but God being worshipped.

peace and love,
    mike

NASU

LU ,it is not written that Jsus is worshiped,ones again you draw conclution of what you read.

Christ as the lamb received honor and glory,and blessing
    it seams you see what you want to see in your mind,

but it is not written.

Just one question Mike and terraricca,
    If the Lamb is not included in who is being worshiped here, why isn't the Lamb joining in the worship???

terraricca
    Participant

LU

: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.
    Rev 4:9 And when those beasts give glory and honour and thanks to him that sat on the throne, who liveth for ever and ever,

Rev 4:10 ” The four ” and twenty elders fall down before him that sat on the throne, and worship” him that liveth for ever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying,
    Rev 4:11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

this is why, this is God not christ

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 29 2010,00:38)
    LU

: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.
    Rev 4:9 And when those beasts give glory and honour and thanks to him that sat on the throne, who liveth for ever and ever,

Rev 4:10  ” The four ”   and twenty elders fall down before him that sat on the throne, and worship” him that liveth for ever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying,
    Rev 4:11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

terraricca,
    Then who is the lamb that is receiving worship in chapter 5?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Mar. 29 2010,15:26)

6 For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; And the government will rest on His shoulders; And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.
    NASU

38 This was to fulfill the word of Isaiah the prophet which he spoke: “LORD, WHO HAS BELIEVED OUR REPORT? AND TO WHOM HAS THE ARM OF THE LORD BEEN REVEALED?”
    40 “HE HAS BLINDED THEIR EYES AND HE HARDENED THEIR HEART, SO THAT THEY WOULD NOT SEE WITH THEIR EYES AND PERCEIVE WITH THEIR HEART, AND BE CONVERTED AND I HEAL THEM.”
    NASU

It is sad that you are among the ones that can not perceive with your heart.  May God have mercy on you if He so chooses.

Hi LU,
    If we do not agree with you we can only hope for God's mercy?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Mar. 29 2010,16:42)

LU

Rev 4:10  ” The four ”   and twenty elders fall down before him that sat on the throne, and worship” him that liveth for ever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying,

terraricca,

LU

it is a repetition of chap;4,

it seems you want willingly to twist the scriptures so that what is not ,will be????

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 29 2010,09:53)

LU

terraricca,

LU

it seems you want willingly to twist the scriptures so that what is not ,will be????

terraricca,
    You ought to google “Revelation 5” and learn something. Five out of the five sites I went to disagrees with you. One even said that what was going on in chapter 5 would be considered idolatry if the Lamb weren't deity.

Read that and learn for your own awakening. I am not alone with my understanding. You are very confused.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 29 2010,01:32)

Quote (Lightenup @ Mar. 29 2010,15:26)

NASU

NASU

It is sad that you are among the ones that can not perceive with your heart.  May God have mercy on you if He so chooses.

Hi LU,
    If we do not agree with you we can only hope for God's mercy?

Nick,
    This is not about me, it's about you denying that Jesus is called “mighty god/God” and the “arm of the Lord” and the magnitude of that.

Along with mercy, ask for His forgiveness and then also maybe He has something to fix the holes in your head :)

JustAskin
    Participant

LU,

I think you are snatching at the wind.

“Mighty God” is just a metaphorical Title – anyone can be called a “Mighty God”.

Please note that the wording “MIGHTY” GOD.

Please read it to yourself several times – “MIGHTY GOD2, “MIGHTY GOD”. Why does it say “MIGHTY” God, toy should ask yourslef – Is there any other kind of God.

Well, YES, There is “ALMIGHTY GOD” – the ONE TRUE GOD.

I do computer programming and there are many “MIGHTY GODS” in those circles – Wizards and GURUs, even (I am not one though)… they are all Titles for those who EXCEL GREATLY over their peer level brothers.

But NONE of them think they are GOD ALMIGHTY (Heaven forbid…!)

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Mar. 30 2010,06:18)

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 29 2010,09:53)

LU

terraricca,

LU

terraricca,
    You ought to google “Revelation 5” and learn something.  Five out of the five sites I went to disagrees with you.  One even said that what was going on in chapter 5 would be considered idolatry if the Lamb weren't deity.

Read that and learn for your own awakening.  I am not alone with my understanding.  You are very confused.

LU
    i am very much awake ,i walk with the spirit of God ,not by what men say or interprete,you have to chose as well,

it is not said to worship Christ ,Christ himslve said to worship God alone,only ,do you know what that mean ONLY:

you walk by men view ,this is on your head,my hands are clean.

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 665 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account