The new worlds translation on titus 2;13

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 301 through 320 (of 346 total)
  • Author
    Lightenup
    Participant

Yes Keith,
    It is in the name of Jehovah that signifies their oneness. And the name of Jesus means Jehovah Saves!

Kathi

shimmer
    Participant

Quote (princess @ Aug. 16 2011,03:19)
    Kar,

How wonderful you and your young prince experience something of a life time, the snow has a purity of its own at times, does it not. Very sharp discernment skills you have, it is good to grow in the spirit, is it not?

You know I do not fret over simple matters, I thank you for your blessing, I know it comes to me in love and the purity of your heart.

Take care of yourself and your young prince, love you much.

Princess, sometimes I feel, some of the best Christains on this site, going by behaviour, and heart, is you, Stuart, and Adam. The funny thing, is two of them are in skeptics place. Princess, please dont think, that because of a few people here, they represent Christianity because they do not. Its just the way it has gone. Something good turned into something else. Unfortunatly there isnt too much discernment. I think its because its an Internet forum. One verse that means alot to me is “For the word of God is living, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart”. You have gifts and a good heart Princess.  Be strong my friend!

Pastry
    Participant

Group: Regular Members
    Posted: Aug. 15 2011,10:53 EDIT QUOTE
    Kathi! These are all Scriptures that proof that the LORD who you agree is Jehovah, is one LORD (Jehovah) and not a unity with our Heavenly Father and His Son….

Ex. 8:10 “… know that there is none like unto the LORD (Jehovah) God.”
    Deut. 4:35”…know that the LORD (Jehovah) he is God, there is none else beside him”.
    Is. 40:13 “Who has directed the spirit of the LORD, or being his counsellor hath taught him?”
    v. 25 “ To whom then will ye liken me, or shall I be equal? Saith the Holy One “.
    Is. 45:18 “For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he has established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else.”
    Is. 46:9 “Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, there is none like me.”
    Mark 12:32“…well, Master, thou has said the truth, for there is one God and there is none other but he.”
    1 Cor. 8:4 “… and that there is none other God but one”.
    v. 5 “ For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many “.)
    v. 6 “ But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him”.

Psa 83:18 That [men] may know that thou, whose name alone [is] JEHOVAH, [art] the most high over all the earth.

Psa 68:4 Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name Jehvah, and rejoice before him.

You should read these very carefully…..Irene

Pastry
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 16 2011,04:43)

Quote (Pastry @ Aug. 15 2011,09:18)

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 15 2011,17:13)
    So Irene, you believe in the compound unity of the Father and the Son and that it is called 'the Godhead?'  Is that right?

Did you know that Jesus' name means 'Jehovah saves?'

Kathi

No Kathi!  I gave you the name of Jesus and you ignored that part….Jesus name is Yeshu or Yeshua…Jesus comes from the Greek
    Igneous which was derived from Aramaic Yeshu….
    NOT JEHOVAH, THAT IS HIS FATHERS NAME……….ACCORDING TO SCRIPTURES….YOU BTW HAVE NO SCRIPTURES THAT SAY THAT JESUS NAME IS JEHOVAH…
    HIS FATHERS NAME ALONE…….. ALONE, ALONE….
    Irene

Irene read carefully,

John 17:11“I am no longer in the world; and yet they themselves are in the world, and I come to You. Holy Father, keep them in Your name, the name which You have given Me, that they may be one even as We are. 12“While I was with them, I was keeping them in Your name which You have given Me; and I guarded them and not one of them perished but the son of perdition, so that the Scripture would be fulfilled.

Need I say more?

Kathi

Kathi! You doing exactly what Keith is doing with Math. 28:19, that make it no trinity or the Scripture you gave Jehovah….. Scriptures do not contradict…. Jesus is giving the title The Word of God…. Rev. 19, and John 1:1 that does not make Him Jehovah by a long shot,….Again you are reaching for a straw….
    Address those Scriptures which you have ignored before in my previous post…..I have never ignored yours…. But you have done so again and again……..Irene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (shimmer @ Aug. 15 2011,03:24)
    And as for your warning, please note that LU continued it by bumping the post above, and also took it into another thread. I expect to see her tiled!

Hi Shimmer,

I DID notice that and have already taken appropriate action.

I'm out of it now.  If you three want to war, then war away.

Personally, I think posts back and forth about who is the “evil one” is a waste of time.  I'd much rather see you guys go to war over the many unscriptural things that get posted here.

But Kathi seems to have now thrown her own hat into the ring.  So as I see it, there is no longer an innocent party to protect, and therefore I no longer need to be in the middle of this war.

peace and love to all of you,
    mike

Pastry
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 16 2011,11:34)

And as for your warning, please note that LU continued it by bumping the post above, and also took it into another thread. I expect to see her tiled!

Hi Shimmer,

Personally, I think posts back and forth about who is the “evil one” is a waste of time.  I'd much rather see you guys go to war over the many unscriptural things that get posted here.

But Kathi seems to have now thrown her own hat into the ring.  So as I see it, there is no longer an innocent party to protect, and therefore I no longer need to be in the middle of this war.

mike

Mike! You are right. I find it so ironic, that Georg has told me the same thing. Stop posting to Her….and I quote…..
    Peace and Christian Love Irene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 15 2011,11:43)
    John 17:11“I am no longer in the world; and yet they themselves are in the world, and I come to You. Holy Father, keep them in Your name, the name which You have given Me, that they may be one even as We are. 12“While I was with them, I was keeping them in Your name which You have given Me; and I guarded them and not one of them perished but the son of perdition, so that the Scripture would be fulfilled.

Need I say more?

Hi Kathi,

Did you mean to post this passage?

John 17:11-12 NKJV ©
    “Now I am no longer in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to You. Holy Father, keep through Your name those whom You have given Me, that they may be one as We are.  While I was with them in the world, I kept them in Your name. Those whom You gave Me I have kept; and none of them is lost except the son of perdition, that the Scripture might be fulfilled.”
     :)

But let's just say for argument's sake that YOUR version is the correct one.  You have stated many times that Jehovah has ALWAYS BEEN Almighty because Jehovah has ALWAYS BEEN a compound unity of Father and Son, right?

So exactly WHEN did the Father GIVE His Name to the Son?  If that Name was GIVEN to the Son at any time, then there was also a time when the Son DIDN'T have that Name, right?

What a tangled web we weave……………….

mike

Pastry
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 16 2011,11:49)

Need I say more?

Hi Kathi,

“Now I am no longer in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to You. Holy Father, keep through Your name those whom You have given Me, that they may be one as We are.  While I was with them in the world, I kept them in Your name. Those whom You gave Me I have kept; and none of them is lost except the son of perdition, that the Scripture might be fulfilled.”

But let's just say for argument's sake that YOUR version is the correct one.  You have stated many times that Jehovah has ALWAYS BEEN Almighty because Jehovah has ALWAYS BEEN a compound unity of Father and Son, right?

So exactly WHEN did the Father GIVE His Name to the Son?  If that Name was GIVEN to the Son at any time, then there was also a time when the Son DIDN'T have that Name, right?

mike

Mike! Great job, that is what my Bible says also…..Mmmm

peace to you and yours Irene….

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Thanks Irene. :)

Hey Kathi! I have two posts waiting from yesterday and one from today?

Are you out there?

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 15 2011,19:34)

Hi Shimmer,

mike

Wow, I bumped a post and you have to take 'actions' Mike because shimmer thinks that is worthy of a tile? I have thrown my hat in because I bumped a post with an observation?

Have you not been reading her posts since you warned her and then rewarned her?

I really don't think that bumping a post because the one it was addressed to didn't see it and it got covered up, is worthy of crying for me to be tiled. What rule is that breaking? Good grief!

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Pastry @ Aug. 15 2011,19:42)

Hi Shimmer,

mike

Mike!  You are right.  I find it so ironic, that Georg has told me the same thing.  Stop posting to Her….and I quote…..

Thank you Irene and to Georg too,

I would appreciate that. I have taken a lot of time explaining the same things to you over and over that you can't seem to want to hear in the first place and then forget you asked. It is aggravating for me also.

Kathi

Pastry
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 16 2011,13:59)

Quote (Pastry @ Aug. 15 2011,19:42)

Hi Shimmer,

mike

Mike!  You are right.  I find it so ironic, that Georg has told me the same thing.  Stop posting to Her….and I quote…..

Thank you Irene and to Georg too,

I would appreciate that.  I have taken a lot of time explaining the same things to you over and over that you can't seem to want to hear in the first place and then forget you asked.  It is aggravating for me also.

Kathi

Kathi! That is not true, I hear you and I read all what you posted, but I don't agree with it….There is a difference. You still have not addressed those Scripture I gave you…..
    You can't address those Scriptures because they do not state that Jehovah God is both Jesus and His Father….
    Irene

Lightenup
    Participant

I have addressed them Irene, by merely the fact that they CAN refer to a unity and not just one person and that is how I see them and so do most Christians. You do not believe in the deity of Christ and can not see this unity. I can because I do believe in the deity of Christ. And yes, I do get the same questions from you over and over to which I take the time to explain over and over. You are forgetful by your own admission.

Kathi

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 15 2011,19:49)

Need I say more?

Hi Kathi,

mike

Mike,
    He likely got that name when He was begotten before creation. Not being given a name does not mean one does not exist.

Lightenup
    Participant

Mike,
    I analyzed the Greek of John 17:12 which says this:
    “While I was with them, I was keeping them in Your name which You have given Me; and I guarded them and not one of them perished but the son of perdition, so that the Scripture would be fulfilled.

The pronoun 'which' is written in the singular neuter form and refers to the 'name' which is also singular and neuter. The 'them' is plural and masculine so it definitely is the 'name' of His Father that was given Him in this verse and not referring to the 'them' as to what was given to Him.

see here: http://interlinearbible.org/john/17-12.htm

NASB is right again, NKJV wrong again.
    Kathi

princess
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Aug. 16 2011,04:43)
    Amen Kathi

Good points! Yea I have several “Sauls” here. But they haven't scared me or run me off because like you and David, “I know in whom I have believed and I am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committted unto him against that day!”

He is my Lord and my Great God and Savior!

But they do not know of whom we speak!

Blessings and Love to you also!

Keith

Chinese traditional religion, Many deities, twin forces, ying and yang.

Hinduism: Many deities, all manifestation of one supreme.

Janism, Shinto, Voodoo, Many gods.

Wicca: Two gods.

Zorastrianism: One God, but dualism is embraced.

So, WJ which one is yours, then perhaps, we can come to the conclusion of which one you speak of.

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 15 2011,21:54)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 15 2011,19:34)

Hi Shimmer,

mike

Wow, I bumped a post and you have to take 'actions' Mike because shimmer thinks that is worthy of a tile?  I have thrown my hat in because I bumped a post with an observation?

Have you not been reading her posts since you warned her and then rewarned her?

I really don't think that bumping a post because the one it was addressed to didn't see it and it got covered up, is worthy of crying for me to be tiled. What rule is that breaking?  Good grief!

Kathi

I agree. The obvious bias this moderator has if evident. It should not be so for a moderator.

WJ

Quote (princess @ Aug. 16 2011,08:37)

Amen Kathi

Good points! Yea I have several “Sauls” here. But they haven't scared me or run me off because like you and David, “I know in whom I have believed and I am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committted unto him against that day!”

Keith

So, WJ which one is yours, then perhaps, we can come to the conclusion of which one you speak of.

None of them!

But you should talk to Mike about this one…

What is hillarious is Mike derides Kathi for worshipping two gods yet he bows down to and serves two gods.

These are his own words…

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 06 2011,17:00)
    And I don't know of a scripture that calls Jesus “the true god” (changed to [a] true god per Mike), but I agree that he is.

And…

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 05 2011,18:35)
    Jesus is the god (changed to a god per Mike), or “powerful ruler” of all in heaven right now, and of the believer's on earth.

and…

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 08 2011,14:05)
    Jesus is one who has been called by the title “god”, so he is also “A god”.  He has not specifically been called “THE god” of anything in particular, but knowing that “god” only means “ruler”, I can honestly say that he is “my god”.

Now seeing that YHWH says…

“See now that I, I am He, And there is “NO GOD” besides Me” Deuteronomy 32:39

And…

Thou shalt have “no other gods” (elohiym) before me. Exod 20:3

And…

“But I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt. “You shall acknowledge no God ('elohiym) but me, no Savior except me”. Hosea 13:4

And…

…and that “there is none other God (theos) but one”. 1 Cor 8:4

Then I would ask the same question of you.

Seeing the scriptures call Jesus God,

How many gods do you serve?

WJ

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 15 2011,13:22)

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 14 2011,20:18)
    Hi Jack,

Here are three occurrences of virtually the same wording from Titus, I assume  
    that you believe
    the first two occurrences mentioned are God (YHVH) and Jesus.
    Yet (virtually), the same wording in
    the third occurrence (according to Jack-a-roo)
    is now asserted to be only Jesus; can you explain how you account for this shift?

Paul, a servant of God, AND an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith
    of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness; (Titus 1:1)

To Titus, mine own son after the common faith: Grace, mercy, and peace,
    from God the Father AND the Lord Jesus Christ our Savior. (Titus 1:4)

Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing
    of the great God AND our Savior Jesus Christ;  (Titus 2:13)

God bless
    Ed J

Good post Ed.

I wonder if Jack will answer it this time.  ???

It's already been covered in the op to this thread. I will reproduce the op for those who lack memory or comprehension skills.

Heaven Net friends,
    Titus 2:13 is a direct assertion that Jesus Christ is God,

Looking for that blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ

Note this grammatical rule right from the textbook,

If two substantives are connected by kai and both have the article, they refer to two different persons or things; if the first has the article and the second does not, the second refers to the same person (Syntax of the New Testament Greek, University Press of America, p.76).

The textbook gives Titus 2:13 as an example of this rule,

προσδεχόμενοι τὴν μακαρίαν ἐλπίδα καὶ ἐπιφάνειαν τῆς δόξης τοῦ μεγάλου θεοῦ καὶ σωτῆρος ἡμῶν Ἰησοῦ Χριστοῦ

I put the article which comes before “great God” in bold for you. And I also put the Greek “kai” in bold. There is no article before “Savior”. This means that the substantatives “great God” and “Savior” (Jesus Christ) are ONE AND THE SAME.

This is right from the textbook!

Yet the New World translation inserts a second definite article before the word “Savior” to make a distinction between God and Savior.

While we wait for the happy hope and glorious manifestation of the great God and of [the] Savior of us, Christ Jesus

There is no second definite article before “Savior”. The NWT translators inserted the second article in brackets thus exposing their true agenda.

KJ

princess
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Aug. 17 2011,02:02)

Amen Kathi

Keith

None of them!

But you should talk to Mike about this one…

What is hillarious is Mike derides Kathi for worshipping two gods yet he bows down to and serves two gods.

These are his own words…

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 06 2011,17:00)
    And I don't know of a scripture that calls Jesus “the true god” (changed to [a] true god per Mike), but I agree that he is.

And…

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 05 2011,18:35)
    Jesus is the god (changed to a god per Mike), or “powerful ruler” of all in heaven right now, and of the believer's on earth.

and…

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 08 2011,14:05)
    Jesus is one who has been called by the title “god”, so he is also “A god”.  He has not specifically been called “THE god” of anything in particular, but knowing that “god” only means “ruler”, I can honestly say that he is “my god”.

Now seeing that YHWH says…

“See now that I, I am He, And there is “NO GOD” besides Me” Deuteronomy 32:39

And…

Thou shalt have “no other gods” (elohiym) before me. Exod 20:3

And…

“But I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt. “You shall acknowledge no God ('elohiym) but me, no Savior except me”. Hosea 13:4

And…

…and that “there is none other God (theos) but one”. 1 Cor 8:4

Then I would ask the same question of you.

Seeing the scriptures call Jesus God,

How many gods do you serve?

WJ

WJ,

Don't back peddle WJ, it is so unbecoming of nature. To ask Mike, I would direct my post to Mike, I do not have a fear of some sort in addressing a person directly.

You believe in three gods right? IHVH, EMANUEL, RAUCH.
    then you combine them to make one JEHOVAH, correct.

So using your method of conclusion, your belief is Hinduism.

I understand what you believe WJ, I can even understand why you believe it so. However, what evidence do you have to state that yours is the only true religion.

WJ, why do you think that the trinity belief can be so world wide accepted? have you really ever thought about it, or do you just state religious platitude and say well its the truth that is why so many people accept it, take a quick search of religions around the world, your faith is quite new in name. However, just because the name changes, the message remains the same.
    Combined the gods, to form the strongest, powerful one. Which is very understandable why ones do this, do you think your religion just stood up and said hey, where are the new thinkers of our time, and have the truth.

Why do you think constatine took on the catholic faith, it was so close to what others believed in at the time, that the transition was the most easiest. Would be most difficult for this time to accept only one god, with no others involved, just was not the going fad at the time.

Viewing 20 posts - 301 through 320 (of 346 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account