The new worlds translation on titus 2;13

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 346 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Kangaroo Jack @ Aug. 13 2011,07:50)

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 13 2011,07:14)

Quote (Kangaroo Jack @ Aug. 13 2011,03:44)
    WJ said:

Jesus Christ, “WHO GAVE HIMSELF FOR US TO REDEEM US”!!!

Is this terminology used of the Father anywhere in scriptures?

Keith,

Exactly bro! In Isaiah 44:6 YHWH said, “I am your Goel (kinsman-redeemer).” The Father cannot qualify because under the law a redeemer was required to be a blood relative which is what the word “goel” means. It means, “blood relative-purchaser.”

Jesus was the only YHWH who was Israel's blood relative-purchaser or “goel.”

Triple whammy!

Jack

Hi Jack,

It looks like the word “AND” has eluded you once again; No?

Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, “AND” his redeemer the LORD of Hosts;
    I the first, and I the last; and beside me there is no God. (Isaiah 44:6)

God bless  
    Ed J
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Has logic eluded you Eddie? If the “and” suggests two persons, then you have just implied that there are two YHWH's.

You said:

Thus saith the YHWH the King of Israel, “AND” his redeemer the YHWH of Hosts;

The “his” refers to Israel.

“Thus saith the YHWH the King of Israel, AND his (Israel's) redeemer YHWH of Hosts.”

It is saying that YHWH is Israel's King AND his (Israel's) Redeemer. The word “redeemer”  is “goel” which means “blood relative-purchaser.” Jesus is the only YHWH who was Israel's blood relative-purchaser.

You're putting me to sleep Eddie.

Jack

Hi Jack,

When Jesus was on earth and YHVH was both on the inside of him  AND  on the outside of him, does that make TWO YHVH's?

Think, Jack, think!    …why have you stopped being “The Thinker”?

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)

KangarooJack
    Participant

Ed wrote:

Hi Jack,

When Jesus was on earth and YHVH was both on the inside of him  AND  on the outside of him, does that make TWO YHVH's?

Think, Jack, think!    …why have you stopped being “The Thinker”?

God bless

Does not compute.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Kangaroo Jack @ Aug. 13 2011,07:50)

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 13 2011,07:14)

Quote (Kangaroo Jack @ Aug. 13 2011,03:44)
    WJ said:

Jesus Christ, “WHO GAVE HIMSELF FOR US TO REDEEM US”!!!

Is this terminology used of the Father anywhere in scriptures?

Keith,

Exactly bro! In Isaiah 44:6 YHWH said, “I am your Goel (kinsman-redeemer).” The Father cannot qualify because under the law a redeemer was required to be a blood relative which is what the word “goel” means. It means, “blood relative-purchaser.”

Jesus was the only YHWH who was Israel's blood relative-purchaser or “goel.”

Triple whammy!

Jack

Hi Jack,

It looks like the word “AND” has eluded you once again; No?

Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, “AND” his redeemer the LORD of Hosts;
    I the first, and I the last; and beside me there is no God. (Isaiah 44:6)

Has logic eluded you Eddie? If the “and” suggests two persons, then you have just implied that there are two YHWH's.

You said:

Thus saith the YHWH the King of Israel, “AND” his redeemer the YHWH of Hosts;

The “his” refers to Israel.

“Thus saith the YHWH the King of Israel, AND his (Israel's) redeemer YHWH of Hosts.”

It is saying that YHWH is Israel's King AND his (Israel's) Redeemer. The word “redeemer”  is “goel” which means “blood relative-purchaser.” Jesus is the only YHWH who was Israel's blood relative-purchaser.

You're putting me to sleep Eddie.

Jack

Hi Jack,

1) YHVH the King of Israel, “AND”
    2) his redeemer the LORD of Hosts

1) YHVH(the LORD) is KING of Israel.
    2) Jesus was a “HOST” of YHVH's spirit,  
        and we are “HOSTS” also of YHVH's spirit.

I hope this clarifies things for you, Jack; “LORD of Hosts”!

God bless

Pastry
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 13 2011,06:53)
    Irene,
    You want us all to believe that Jehovah is one person.  However we know that all things came into being by Jesus.  How does that fit with this verse?

Isaiah 44:24Thus says the LORD, your Redeemer, and the one who formed you from the womb,
            “I, the LORD, am the maker of all things,
            Stretching out the heavens by Myself
            And spreading out the earth all alone,

John 1:1-5
    1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2He was in the beginning with God. 3All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being. 4In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. 5The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.

Hebrews 1
    8But of the Son He says,
            “YOUR THRONE, O GOD, IS FOREVER AND EVER,
            AND THE RIGHTEOUS SCEPTER IS THE SCEPTER OF HIS KINGDOM.
    9“YOU HAVE LOVED RIGHTEOUSNESS AND HATED LAWLESSNESS;
            THEREFORE GOD, YOUR GOD, HAS ANOINTED YOU
            WITH THE OIL OF GLADNESS ABOVE YOUR COMPANIONS.”

10And,
            “YOU, LORD, IN THE BEGINNING LAID THE FOUNDATION OF THE EARTH,
            AND THE HEAVENS ARE THE WORKS OF YOUR HANDS;

11THEY WILL PERISH, BUT YOU REMAIN;
            AND THEY ALL WILL BECOME OLD LIKE A GARMENT,

12AND LIKE A MANTLE YOU WILL ROLL THEM UP;
            LIKE A GARMENT THEY WILL ALSO BE CHANGED.
            BUT YOU ARE THE SAME,
            AND YOUR YEARS WILL NOT COME TO AN END.”

Irene this is not hard.  Jehovah is more than one person.

Kathi

Kathi!  These Scriptures have nothing to do with who Jehovah is…. Psalms 83 and Psalms 68 prove that it is our Heavenly Father name
    ALONE….
    That is what Scriptures teach. not my words but Scriptures…..

Jesus is also called God but not Jehovah…..  You add to the Scriptures if you believe Hebrew or John teaches that Jesus is Jehovah also….

Yes, God through Jesus made all; things, but how does that prove that now He is called  Jehovah?  It doesn't….

Irene

Lightenup
    Participant

Irene,
    Jehovah made all things alone. The Son was with God in the beginning and through the Son all things were made. That is two persons, Irene. One God and one Lord 1 Cor 8:6

Two persons made all things…and they were alone before they made all things. They are Jehovah.

Kathi

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 12 2011,14:36)
    Here is a smoking gun to end the idea of Jesus being 'a god' and not 'a God.'  I think we all agree that Jesus will exist for eternity, right?  Well, if He were just 'a god' then He would not.

Jer 10:1 Hear the word which the LORD speaks to you, O house of Israel.

2Thus says the LORD,
            “Do not learn the way of the nations,
            And do not be terrified by the signs of the heavens
            Although the nations are terrified by them;

3For the customs of the peoples are delusion;
            Because it is wood cut from the forest,
            The work of the hands of a craftsman with a cutting tool.

4“They decorate it with silver and with gold;
            They fasten it with nails and with hammers
            So that it will not totter.

5“Like a scarecrow in a cucumber field are they,
            And they cannot speak;
            They must be carried,
            Because they cannot walk!
            Do not fear them,
            For they can do no harm,
            Nor can they do any good.”

6There is none like You, O LORD;
            You are great, and great is Your name in might.

7Who would not fear You, O King of the nations?
            Indeed it is Your due!
            For among all the wise men of the nations
            And in all their kingdoms,
            There is none like You.

8But they are altogether stupid and foolish
            In their discipline of delusion—their idol is wood!

9Beaten silver is brought from Tarshish,
            And gold from Uphaz,
            The work of a craftsman and of the hands of a goldsmith;
            Violet and purple are their clothing;
            They are all the work of skilled men.

10But the LORD is the true God;
            He is the living God and the everlasting King.
            At His wrath the earth quakes,
            And the nations cannot endure His indignation.

11Thus you shall say to them, “The gods that did not make the heavens and the earth will perish from the earth and from under the heavens.”

12It is He who made the earth by His power,
            Who established the world by His wisdom;
            And by His understanding He has stretched out the heavens.

13When He utters His voice, there is a tumult of waters in the heavens,
            And He causes the clouds to ascend from the end of the earth;
            He makes lightning for the rain,
            And brings out the wind from His storehouses.

14Every man is stupid, devoid of knowledge;
            Every goldsmith is put to shame by his idols;
            For his molten images are deceitful,
            And there is no breath in them.

15They are worthless, a work of mockery;
            In the time of their punishment they will perish.

16The portion of Jacob is not like these;
            For the Maker of all is He,
            And Israel is the tribe of His inheritance;
            The LORD of hosts is His name.

bump for those who believe Jesus is a 'god' and not a 'God.'

Lightenup
    Participant

No comments from the peanut gallery :;):

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 13 2011,10:36)

Kathi

Jer 10:11 is obvious proof their is “Only One True God” and all other so-called gods of men will be destroyed! But then Mike will say you are taking it to litteral! :)

Also if Jesus is one of those gods that didn't make the heavens and the earth, then he would perish also!

So what that means is their false god, Jesus will be destroyed because he is not the Jesus of the scriptures but “another Jesus”! :)

WJ

princess
    Participant

One cannot really hold the jesus is god believers accountable for the actions, they are catholic in nature, most likely have fish or crosses, perhaps the last supper icons floating around somewhere or other in their lives, hard to tell, however their heart belongs to the catholic church hands down no matter how hard they try to say the don't.

Their god bleeds then plays possum to show proof that he raised himself from the dead, talks to himself, prays to himself, is his own father, plays the role of a human, then calls out to himself when he is raised on a stake wondering why he forsook himself, lies to everyone when he tells them to ask for things in his name, decides that when he is back in spirit form that the father who really wasn't god, just a pretend god to cover his tracks on earth, he then kicks the kingdom right out under this pretend gods feet and takes it over himself, taking all the spoils with him.

Perhaps the 'church fathers' had to play a constatine (who by the way made a great political move), and find a way to have close to the same gods as other did, however, this god needed to be greater then all the other gods that were made available at the time, and the only way to increase a gods status was to add others to it making it one big god.

So now we have this egotisical, self loathing, theif, liar of a god, and with the world as it is today, most would think this god is really cool, and would not mind a bit following his ways, it is always good to have the gods on your side, makes a person warm and fuzzy. However, I will say, this gods followers do not disappoint, they represent their god to the fullest, being egotisical, self loathing, theives and liars to the fullest. Take the prior posts for example.

Truly, one must be 'nuts' to follow such gods.

Pastry
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 13 2011,15:43)
    Irene,
    Jehovah made all things alone.  The Son was with God in the beginning and through the Son all things were made.  That is two persons, Irene.  One God and one Lord 1 Cor 8:6

Two persons made all things…and they were alone before they made all things.  They are Jehovah.

Kathi

Kathi!  What does it take to make you see that Jehovah is our Heavenly Fathers name Alone….. You have no Scripture to prove what you state… Yet I  can and have shown you what I say and believe,  and back it up by Scriptures.  
    Yes, they were alone, but their name is not Jehovah….. There is no Scriptures that say that…

1Cr 8:6   But to us [there is but] one God, the Father, of whom [are] all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom [are] all things, and we by him.  

You quoted this Scripture, but very confidently left out AND the Lord Jesus Christ… There are two here and our Heavenly Father is LORD mostly in the Old Testament and you know it…Here it says ONE God and Father of ALL… Just like it says in

Eph 4:4   [There is] one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;  

Eph 4:5   One Lord, one faith, one baptism,  

Eph 4:6   One God and Father of all, who [is] above all, and through all, and in you all.  

But again it doesn't prove that they both are called Jehovah….

Why are you making things up?????

Irene

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Aug. 13 2011,11:36)

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 13 2011,10:36)

Kathi

Jer 10:11 is obvious proof their is “Only One True God” and all other so-called gods of men will be destroyed! But then Mike will say you are taking it to litteral! :)

Also if Jesus is one of those gods that didn't make the heavens and the earth, then he would perish also!

So what that means is their false god, Jesus will be destroyed because he is not the Jesus of the scriptures but “another Jesus”! :)

WJ

Hi Keith,
    I would word what you said a little differently. I would say that 'there is only one true Jehovah God unity' made up of one true God as God and one true God as Lord, and they are the Father and the Son.

I think we both agree that the Father and the Son form a unity and are both deity within that unity which together they are our supreme deity, two persons in perfect unity. I also agree that their Holy Spirit is as much a part of that unity as the Father and Son are but you believe the Holy Spirit is a distinct person and I believe the Holy Spirit is their innerperson.

Context determines who is being spoken about, whether it is the unity of both, or the Father, or the Son.

Stay strong Keith,
    Kathi

Lightenup
    Participant

Irene,
    You have made an assumption that Jehovah is the name of our Heavenly Father alone. Jehovah as a compound unity would be everything that the Father and Son are. If the Father is the most High, then so is the unity for it includes the Father. If the Son is the Lord of lords, so is the compound unity for it includes the Son.

Where does the scriptures say that the Father alone is Jehovah?

Kathi

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (princess @ Aug. 13 2011,18:31)
    then calls out to himself when he is raised on a stake wondering why he forsook himself,

:D :laugh: :D

Very good post, Princess.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 13 2011,09:36)

How about a cashew?

“Tell them this: ‘These gods, who did not make the heavens and the earth, will perish from the earth and from under the heavens.’”

Jehovah is speaking of the wooden, brass, and golden idols of the other nations………….as is evident from the passage.

mike

Lightenup
    Participant

Keith,
    Do you find that many here that tear down the compound unity of God write as if this compound unity is made up of only one person. It is like they can't hear 'three persons in one' or 'two persons' in one unity. Don't they see that one person is speaking either to the other person or about the whole unity, depending on context. Maybe their heart is filled with anger or jealousy or hardness even bitterness. Those things will act as a veil over them to prevent them from receiving the truth from what I can tell here. They are making God into the image of their experience or understanding and not according to the Spirit of God…they are carving an image and worship this image god that they imagine to their own destruction. Watch them and see that some of them have an image that changes from experience to experience or week to week. You can especially notice them who put up very angry sounding posts and then those who agree with those who put them up. Bitterness leaks from their words. Do they think no one notices?

Blessings,
    Kathi

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 14 2011,11:53)

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 13 2011,09:36)

How about a cashew?

“Tell them this: ‘These gods, who did not make the heavens and the earth, will perish from the earth and from under the heavens.’”

Jehovah is speaking of the wooden, brass, and golden idols of the other nations………….as is evident from the passage.

mike

Hey there cashew,
    Do you honestly think that those persons who exalt themselves as God to others will not perish???

I am quite certain that those who exalt themselves AND any material objects that are carved out as objects of worship will both perish. There will be none of this in the kingdom of God and that is a big praise!

Kathi

mikeboll64
    Blocked

What I think, peanut, is that the scripture you quoted doesn't do for you what you had hoped it would do.  :)

The scripture speaks of idols, not gods like the angel of Jehovah that Manoah called “god”.  And not gods like Jesus, who is himself the foremost messenger of his God. Neither of those two created the heavens and the earth, yet I don't suppose that either of them is who God had in mind in your passage.

What else ya got?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 14 2011,11:43)
    Keith,
    Do you find that many here that tear down the compound unity of God write as if this compound unity is made up of only one person.

Kathi,

How many HUMAN beings do you know that consist of three persons within one “compound unity being”?

If you know of none, then don't you wonder why – seeing that God created mankind in His own image? Come to think of it, God also created Jesus in His own image, didn't He? :)

Lightenup
    Participant

Mike,
    Where is Manoah called 'god?' And, is 'god/God' the only translation of the word elohim?

Kathi

Lightenup
    Participant

Mike,
    Consider this principle from scriptures:

Eccl 4:12
    A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand back-to-back and conquer. Three are even better, for a triple-braided cord is not easily broken.

And, no God did not create Jesus in His own image…the Son did not become the image of God but IS the image of the invisible God.

Col 1:15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation.

Kathi

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 346 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account