The New Testament Canon

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 101 through 109 (of 109 total)
  • Author
    david
    Participant

Nick, you seem to have an opinion on this. Why don't you tell us which books have come and gone.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi David,
    Read the thread.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 07 2009,11:08)
    Hi,
    So back to the canon.
    Anyone claiming that it is a stable foundation should check which books have come and gone.

Are you saying the bible isnt a stable foundation?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    You need the Torch and the Map.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 07 2009,13:45)
    Hi not3,
    You need the Torch and the Map.

I don't buy that, not even for a dollar! :;):

Everyone torches burn differently, even though they are said to come from the same burning source.

There is no way to measure (fruit) or guide (the so-called “Spirit”), as to who has the correct truth.

So what's a child to do? I think God has left us in quite a situation that mirrors the Tower of Babble. Everyone holding their own version of what they think is God's Word. Everyone building different buildings to hold different services depending on their interpretation of that book. Everyone listening to this “Spirit” who is guiding them all…….down one rabbit hole after another.

Love,
    Mandy

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Mandy….basically you have describe worldly religion, and you are right, but don't you think God is able to reveal the truth to those He calles . Didn't Jesus say “You Shall all be taught BY GOD” I think its when we put to much into mans religions is where we get in  trouble. If we put our trust in God the Father and make our inquires from Him , is he not capable to give us the “SPIRIT” that guides our thoughts. I have done exactly what you are saying in the Past and have ran down one rabbit hole after another, thats why i don't even go to any church. All think there teachings are right, as seen here it's the same also, but there truly is a ring or sound of truth that those with the ability to perceive it have from GOD .  Jesus knows his sheep and his sheep know him, Your questioning  of what is being said can be an indication of that spirit of truth.  Mandy we are always going to be let down sis , if we focuses on what man says to much. AS far as scripture goes they have been altered by false teachers, some,  but there is enough there for the spirit led person to put them together.
    Don't get discouraged sis, keep asking those thought provoking question you are famous for.  

Peace and much love to you and your sis………………………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

For pok

Truth can be found in many texts. Such inspired words cannot be withheld in a numbered book system.

NickHassan
    Participant

topical

Viewing 9 posts - 101 through 109 (of 109 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account