The New Testament Canon

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 109 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Kerwin………..You know (IF) you have the (SPIRIT) (INTELLECT) OF TRUTH in YOU. For the SPIRIT bears witness with OUR Spirit that we are the children of GOD. The Biggest problem Here is People really don't Know (WHAT) SPIRIT (IS). If you have been given the (INTELLECT) to RECOGNIZE TRUTH WHEN YOU HEAR IT, YOU (HAVE) THE SPIRIT OF GOD WORKING IN YOU, AND ARE NOT ABLE TO BE DECEIVED. GOD'S SPIRIT of TRUTH (IS) the ability to RECOGNIZE THE TRUTH, that is what the SPIRIT of TRUTH (IS), it is an intellect given by GOD the FATHER, that BOTH ACCUSES US AND DEFENDS US. This is basic to our true faith, without which you just are not converted and are not able to distinguish the difference between The truth and untruths. WE have so many different Posts here because the SPRIT of TRUTH is (NOT) guiding everyone here, or there would be unity in what is being said. Most Here do not even KNOW what SPIRIT (means) they thank spirit is a person , liken a demon or devil or angle or some kind of being, but spirit is none of those things it is (INTELLECT) and there are SEVEN SPIRITS OR (INTELLECTS) OF ONE GOD. THE SPIRIT OF TRUTH IS JUST one OF THEM, it is called the earnest from GOD. With (IT) we are able to filter TRUTH from A LIE> without (IT) we are like a ship without a rudder, we simple are adrift in the see of humanity without nothing to guide us except our appetites. IMO

peace and love to you and yours……………………..gene

david
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Sep. 06 2009,18:24)

Quote (david @ Sep. 06 2009,16:46)

I was praying about this last night…..

I think God has left his follower's in quite a state of quandary regarding the bible.

Why?

I'm uncertain as to what the quandry is.

The Bible is by far the most widely distributed easy to find book on the planet.  It is available in whole or in part almost everywhere.

David,

What does availability have to do with understanding?

I thought we were discussing something else.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 06 2009,20:22)
    Hi not 3,
    Out of your mouth comes what you heart is full of.

Watchtower babble.
    Jesus is Michael.
    Falsehood.

I'm sorry but the rule you are using to judge can be turned back onto you, according to some here. And I dare say, many other brands of Christianity.

So again I ask, how do you determine who has the “Spirit”?

Pssst! It's a trick question! Or should I say a “tricky” question. :;):

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 06 2009,20:27)
    Hi not3,
    So the spirit of the false religions is not the Spirit of God.
    The Spirit of God is not divided and they divide more every day.
    Any religion that preaches itself instead of Jesus as the way is not of God.

Who is more divided every day – the JW's? I think the opposite is true. I've never known a religion to be so intact and moving forward with the spread of the gospel. I've done some considerable research on the JW's….. Again, I don't buy everything they are selling, I'm just say'in.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Not 3,
    Conformity born of fear such as the Watchtower engenders is not of the Spirit of God.
    Conformity is not unity.

Their teachings and interpretations are offered not just the seed of the Word.

Not3in1
    Participant

All the JW's I know are more joyful than most Christians I know…… I don't detect any “fear” in their service or committment?

I agree that conformity is not necessarily unity.

No religion offers “…just the seed of the Word.” The Word can't even offer that!! It depends on which version of the Word…..oy…..

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    Try to suggest they differ with the Watchtower and feel the fear.
    They separate themselves from others and insist on mutual agreement.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 07 2009,08:38)
    Hi not3,
    They separate themselves from others and insist on mutual agreement.

David has the same reaction as the other JW's that I've talked with. It's not fear….it's just acceptance that people make mistakes.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    They dare not question any Watchtower teaching.

Of course if the Watchtower backtracks like over 1914 that is OK.

They think salvation of the 144,000 is only those perfect watchtower followers.

They go door to door as they think such works obey Jesus yet they offer the Watchtower and not Jesus

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 07 2009,08:53)
    Hi not3,

They go door to door as they think such works obey Jesus yet they offer the Watchtower and not Jesus

Well, I think you are making blanket statements regarding the JW's, it's certainly not true of all of them. We fear what we do not completely understand, it's only human nature.

I don't begin to understand any dogma anymore.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    Men gather into groups because it is human nature to avoid lonliness.
    That unity is irrelevant to the ways of God.

Fellowship with the Father and the Son is in Scriptural faithfulness[2Jn]

So the canon?

david
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Sep. 07 2009,06:30)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 06 2009,20:27)
    Hi not3,
    So the spirit of the false religions is not the Spirit of God.
    The Spirit of God is not divided and they divide more every day.
    Any religion that preaches itself instead of Jesus as the way is not of God.

Who is more divided every day – the JW's?  I think the opposite is true.  I've never known a religion to be so intact and moving forward with the spread of the gospel.  I've done some considerable research on the JW's…..  Again, I don't buy everything they are selling, I'm just say'in.

Over and over again, people say the Christ is not divided and then they make the jump and say, therefore, denominations are wrong.  Well, the first statement is true, but that does not necessitate that all denominations are wrong.  It only necessitates that the majority be wrong, when they are divided on everything.

JW's as Mandy says, seem to be the most united organization on the planet, religious or otherwise.
    I can go to a meeting almost anywhere on the planet and hear and see exactly what I would here.  They will be studying the exact same material, and they will seem to be the same people.

Also, Mandy, thankyou. Although it seems 1/4 of everyone on this board is being visited by or studying with JW's, very few people say nice things about them.

david
    Participant

Hi not3,

Nick, do you remember that guy (Dirty) who came on here saying he was a JW (and I kept saying he either wasn't or wouldn't be for very long)?

As DK repeatedly said, he was allowed to disbelieve in much of what they said, but he was not allowed to preach to the contrary. If he started creating disunity and essentially becoming an apostate (one who speaks and fights against his brothers) then he cannot be a JW, for that is dangerous to the flock.

Removing such ones from the congregation is scriptural. DK felt no fear in stating to his father (and elder) and the elders of the congregation that they were wrong on a long list of subjects. But he was not allowed to spread this among the congregation itself.

david
    Participant

They separate themselves from others

–Nick.

Thankyou Nick, for pointing this out. The early Christians were EXACTLY like this, separate and distinct from the rest of society. They did not vote, hold public office, become a soldier and they were looked down upon by the rest of the world. They were viewed as useless garbage. And they were, as you say “separate” “from others” or as the Bible said his followers would be:

“no part of the world.”

david
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 07 2009,08:53)
    Hi not3,

Nick, virtually nothing you said was correct in this post.
    After 5 years, you still manage to surprise me.

david
    Participant

Hi not3,
    Men gather into groups because it is human nature to avoid lonliness.

Or, perhaps they've read this scripture:

HEBREWS 10:24-25
    “And let us consider one another to incite to love and fine works, not forsaking the gathering of ourselves together, as some have the custom, but encouraging one another, and all the more so as YOU behold the day drawing near.”

True, it is “encouraging” as the Bible says and as you hint at in your comment, but it is also something God's inspired Word tells us to do for our own safety.

Many forsake this command.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi David,
    You you think scripture meant fellowship at the kingdom hall?

Back to the canon

kerwin
    Participant

Here is a small test to see if someone has the spirit.

Do you believe the goal of all true students of Jesus the Anointed One is to be like God in true holiness and righteousness?

Do you believe it is possible to reach that goal while still in tent of corruptible flesh?

Do you believe it is only possible to reach that goal by the power of God through obeying all of Jesus’ teachings?

If a person answers no to any of these three questions then they are not being led by the spirit of God.  If they answer yes to them all then they have their foot on the right path though they may stray off it with other beliefs.

The same would be true of the words that person speaks or writes.

david
    Participant

Yes, back to the canon. It seems whenever there is a topic I want to discuss, it is quickly taken over with some other topic. It no longer even seems to matter what the topic is. I just realized that Keith, Thinker and I have been having a conversation for 20 pages in that thread started by Rokka about Paul, yet we haven't been discussing anything to do with that.

Nick, what exactly is your job, as moderator?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    So back to the canon.
    Anyone claiming that it is a stable foundation should check which books have come and gone.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 109 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account