The most high god

Viewing 20 posts - 461 through 480 (of 964 total)
  • Author
    Elizabeth
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Feb. 16 2010,09:44)

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Feb. 15 2010,16:49)
    the gates of hell shall not prevail against it” (Matt. 16:18). Membership is not optional-Christ commands that you join his visible body.”

CA

I am not sure where that verse is at, can you show me where Jesus said we must be part of a “visible” organization that is called the Roman Catholic Church?

Paul speaks of the Body of Christ being made up of those who have been baptised into his body by drinking of the “One Spirit” which is the Spirit of God.

Unless you can say that no one can have the Spirit apart from the Catholic Church then your point is a moot point is it not?

Blessings WJ

W.J.  boy I like to agree with you and on this I do.  Knowing first hand there is no other Church but the R.C.Church.  Nobody is right except they.  To say that they only go by Jesus teaching is as wrong as He is.  Maria worship and believing only what the Pope says, to name a few.  The one thing I still get upset about is the Veneration of the cross.  Also the cross itself has a figure on it.  And of course all o that is sacred to them.  I had until 2 years ago a Priest friend which I did talk to even though we left the Church.  In His apartment of course hangs the cross and He told me He needs that to be reminded of Jesus.  He died. They used to have pictures of Saints hanging on the walls at their Churches.  Also they do the Stations of the cross.  10 Hail Maria's and our Father prayers.  It's been awhile and I can't remember the stations.  But they too hang in the Churches walls.  Purgatory, what a joke.  When someone died  you can buy Masses for them so they get out of Purgatory quicker.
    I did go to their Festivals which I liked, but I have never set foot in a Catholic Church since 1985 when we were Baptized according to Scriptures.  They Baptize Babies and unfortunately we had all of our Children Baptized there.  On of our Sons was re baptized in the Baptist Church.  I should not say re baptized, He was Baptized according to Scriptures.  I also believe that the Mass is an abomination to God.  I think Nick is a former Catholic too.  He never talk's about it.  I think this is the first time I did so on this site too.
    Peace and Love Irene

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 16 2010,07:35)
    WJ
    The literal rendering is “The Lord of me and the God of me”!

Thomas was a true believer and he did not lied ,so what it is say is now more clear,
    it is an emotional reaction from Thomas ,in any normal situation,
    except in the trinitarian mind

You, like other heretics, cannot help but wallow in your own shame and utter confusion. I will refute you by asking you this:

Where is the remaining fruit of the apostle St. Thomas today?

Or did you know?

O yes, he did found a church in Kerala, India. They are referred to as the Thomas Christians of India.

Guess what? The Christians in the West had lost touch with these Christians for over a millennium. And when they were discovered by the West, did you know what they found?

They found continuity of Catholic Orthodox Christianity among the Christian community founded by Mar Thoma, apostle of the Lord.

They are ALL Trinitarian in theology.

Stop this ridiculous rant and come home. Why will you die?

Elizabeth
    Participant

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Feb. 16 2010,10:16)

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 16 2010,07:35)
    WJ
    The literal rendering is “The Lord of me and the God of me”!

Thomas was a true believer and he did not lied ,so what it is say is now more clear,
    it is an emotional reaction from Thomas ,in any normal situation,
    except in the trinitarian mind

You, like other heretics, cannot help but wallow in your own shame and utter confusion.  I will refute you by asking you this:

Where is the remaining fruit of the apostle St. Thomas today?  

Or did you know?

O yes, he did found a church in Kerala, India.  They are referred to as the Thomas Christians of India.

Guess what?  The Christians in the West had lost touch with these Christians for over a millennium.  And when they were discovered by the West, did you know what they found?

They found continuity of Catholic Orthodox Christianity among the Christian community founded by Mar Thoma, apostle of the Lord.

They are ALL Trinitarian in theology.

Stop this ridiculous rant and come home.  Why will you die?

:D :D :D you are a case and a half, to say the least…..

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Feb. 15 2010,17:43)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Feb. 16 2010,09:09)

CatholicApologist,Feb. wrote:

[quote=WorshippingJesus,Feb. 16 2010,08:17]

[quote=WorshippingJesus,Feb. 16 2010,07:57]

JustAskin,Feb. wrote:

Hi CA

This is exactly my point! The majority of the Protestant churchs agree on the basic tenants of the faith.

Like I said, if you cannot demonstrate “absolute infallability” and total agreement among the CC Priest and Popes then the claim that you make against the Protestants is circular!

History as you know is not unambiguous! Traditions can also be misinterpreted and corrupted by false teachers and prophets. Can you show me that the CC has never been divided over traditions!

Blessings WJ

Whoa!  Not at all.

How in the world can you compare the minimalist “agreement” of Protestants who agree on a few generalized doctrines to the finely detailed dogmatic agreement of the Catholic church?  

Your agreement is not at all like the agreement reached at the councils.  Not at all.  (If anyone confesses A or B, let him be anathema, etc.)

How could it possible be circular when there has NEVER been disagreement on the basis of infallible dogma?  Take Luther, not even his followers agree with him or “say the same thing” as he said.  What a crock!

You guys look to individual men like Luther, Wesley, Calvin, Parham, Mather, etc.   We look to Jesus and no one individual besides Him.  We look to His body the Church.

So what you are seeing just isn't there.

CA

I hear your claims. You say you look to Jesus, but in essence you look to an organization of men, priest and a pope!

But you still cannot answer the question can you?

Most of the traditions you speak of were made law over 200 centuries after Jesus and the Apostles!

You allude to the councils, good, then what about “Athanasius' after the first council was deposed by Eusebius of Nicomedia and other supporters of the Arius doctrine?

Clearly “Infallability” and a “finely detailed dogmatic agreement of the Catholic church” was not so infallable and not so agreeable amongst the Catholic leaders then!

So tell me how this example of the History of the Catholic Church is any different than the disagreements among the Protestants?

I submit that you are the one closing your eyes to the history of the Catholic Church and its divisions and fightings among the so-called infallable clergy!

Blessings WJ

Quote (Elizabeth @ Feb. 16 2010,10:10)

the gates of hell shall not prevail against it” (Matt. 16:18). Membership is not optional-Christ commands that you join his visible body.”

CA

I am not sure where that verse is at, can you show me where Jesus said we must be part of a “visible” organization that is called the Roman Catholic Church?

Paul speaks of the Body of Christ being made up of those who have been baptised into his body by drinking of the “One Spirit” which is the Spirit of God.

Unless you can say that no one can have the Spirit apart from the Catholic Church then your point is a moot point is it not?

Blessings WJ

W.J.  boy I like to agree with you and on this I do.  Knowing first hand there is no other Church but the R.C.Church.  Nobody is right except they.  To say that they only go by Jesus teaching is as wrong as He is.  Maria worship and believing only what the Pope says, to name a few.  The one thing I still get upset about is the Veneration of the cross.  Also the cross itself has a figure on it.  And of course all o that is sacred to them.  I had until 2 years ago a Priest friend which I did talk to even though we left the Church.  In His apartment of course hangs the cross and He told me He needs that to be reminded of Jesus.  He died.  They used to have pictures of Saints hanging on the walls at their Churches.  Also they do the Stations of the cross.  10 Hail Maria's and our Father prayers.  It's been awhile and I can't remember the stations.  But they too hang in the Churches walls.  Purgatory, what a joke.  When someone died  you can buy Masses for them so they get out of Purgatory quicker.
    I did go to their Festivals which I liked, but I have never set foot in a Catholic Church since 1985 when we were Baptized according to Scriptures.  They Baptize Babies and unfortunately we had all of our Children Baptized there.  On of our Sons was re baptized in the Baptist Church.  I should not say re baptized, He was Baptized according to Scriptures.  I also believe that the Mass is an abomination to God.  I think Nick is a former Catholic too.  He never talk's about it.  I think this is the first time I did so on this site too.
    Peace and Love Irene

Irene,

Hell is hot. Why do you insist on self-destruction. You have apostasized from the true faith. You have removed yourself from the Eucharist. You have falsely accused the Church of things you should know full well are false (i.e. “Mary worship”, etc.)

Why will you die?

You have said over and over how old and near death you are. Why do you INSIST on dying in brazen apostasy?

One of these times you may be hearing your last call to repentance. I pray God gives you the grace. I pray God gives you light.

Why don't you turn the computer off and start calling out to God in prayer for mercy and compassion?

PLEASE!

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Feb. 16 2010,10:21)

JustAskin,Feb. wrote:

Hi CA

This is exactly my point! The majority of the Protestant churchs agree on the basic tenants of the faith.

Like I said, if you cannot demonstrate “absolute infallability” and total agreement among the CC Priest and Popes then the claim that you make against the Protestants is circular!

History as you know is not unambiguous! Traditions can also be misinterpreted and corrupted by false teachers and prophets. Can you show me that the CC has never been divided over traditions!

Blessings WJ

Whoa!  Not at all.

How in the world can you compare the minimalist “agreement” of Protestants who agree on a few generalized doctrines to the finely detailed dogmatic agreement of the Catholic church?  

Your agreement is not at all like the agreement reached at the councils.  Not at all.  (If anyone confesses A or B, let him be anathema, etc.)

How could it possible be circular when there has NEVER been disagreement on the basis of infallible dogma?  Take Luther, not even his followers agree with him or “say the same thing” as he said.  What a crock!

You guys look to individual men like Luther, Wesley, Calvin, Parham, Mather, etc.   We look to Jesus and no one individual besides Him.  We look to His body the Church.

CA

I hear your claims. You say you look to Jesus, but in essence you look to an organization of men, priest and a pope!

Most of the traditions you speak of were made law over 200 centuries after Jesus and the Apostles!

You allude to the councils, good, then what about “Athanasius' after the first council was deposed by Eusebius of Nicomedia and other supporters of the Arius doctrine?

Clearly “Infallability” and a “finely detailed dogmatic agreement of the Catholic church” was not so infallable and not so agreeable amongst the Catholic leaders then!

So tell me how this example of the History of the Catholic Church is any different than the disagreements among the Protestants?

I submit that you are the one closing your eyes to the history of the Catholic Church and its divisions and fightings among the so-called infallable clergy!

Blessings WJ

The Canon of Scripture you claim to believe in was determined over 300 years after Christ!

What are you talking about?

JustAskin,Feb. wrote:

Hi CA

Blessings WJ

Whoa!  Not at all.

CA

Blessings WJ

There is no “so-called infallible clergy”

The clergy are NOT infallible.

See…

This is why I wonder if you listen

Quote (JustAskin @ Feb. 15 2010,18:02)
    WJ,
    I know you are already condemed.

You seek only to annoy, frustrate and try to mislead others.

I have said this from the beginning.

It is no surprise to me. I jnw that you doubt yourself but cannot admit it so convince yourself to continue in on your course towards destruction.

Well, so be it. It is, as you say, your Free Will.

JA

I do not care what you think of me and my relationship with God!

I have been serving him for 35 years and know in whom I have believed.

Jesus is my Savour, my Lord and My God, and I give him the same honour that I give my Father, the same worship and praise that is due his name as my Savour and my Lord and my God!

This confession is found in scriptures and I believe them.

You can believe as you will.

Blessings WJ

JustAskin,Feb. wrote:

Hi CA

Blessings WJ

Whoa!  Not at all.

CA

Blessings WJ

No again…

The great Athanasius was upheld by the council. The Arian heresy (which you decry with us) was condemned.

There is no infallibility claim for either Athanasius or Eusebius of Nicomedia.

Do you understand this?

terraricca
    Participant

CA-WJ
    i was right from the beginning you guys have no faith and the reason why you do not have any is because you are catholic ,i would have lost my faith if i would have stay in that pagan organization,
    but you stayed because i would not be surprised that you have compensations and great benefits to stay in the club.

the wealth of this world was first proposed to Christ ,and he turn it down ,now i can see that someone else accepted from the devil hands ,so they became partners,
    Satan is a liar,an deceiver,murderer,guess what we find the same trade marks in that catholic church

they are more than brothers they are look a likes.

you can not find truth in that place ,called Vatican and all her subsidiaries ,protestantism is also her sister.

wen i say no truth this means inspiring truth from God,

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Feb. 16 2010,10:28)

JustAskin,Feb. wrote:

Blessings WJ

But you don't believe the Church that wrote those Scriptures and handed them down to you…

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Feb. 15 2010,18:26)

JustAskin,Feb. wrote:

Hi CA

Blessings WJ

Whoa!  Not at all.

CA

Blessings WJ

There is no “so-called infallible clergy”

The clergy are NOT infallible.

See…

This is why I wonder if you listen

Ok

Alright, I mean the Infallability of the Priest's and Pope's!

Is that correct?

WJ

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Feb. 15 2010,18:30)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Feb. 16 2010,10:28)

JustAskin,Feb. wrote:

Blessings WJ

But you don't believe the Church that wrote those Scriptures and handed them down to you…

CA

The Church did not write the scriptures!

The scriptures were written “to the Church” by inspiration of the Holy Spirit through the Apostles.

I am a member of the many membered body of Christ, the visible church which is made up of every believer in the Lord Jesus Christ who has been born again by the Spirit and baptised into that body by drinking of that one Spirit!

Therefore the scriptures are written to me and every other memeber of that body!

Blessings WJ

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 15 2010,18:30)
    CA-WJ
    i was right from the beginning you guys have no faith and the reason why you do not have any is because you are catholic ,…

T

Excuse me, I am not Catholic!

WJ

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Hi all,

We got off Thomas for a minute to discuss Catholics? Ok, I have a couple of questions for CA. After the council at Nicea, when Constantine bulldozed Athanasius' creed through, did you know that later councils revoked that creed and changed it to state that the Son is, “…of like substance” with the Father, and “we call the Son like the Father, as the Holy Scriptures call him and teach.”?

The Church later went back to the Nicene Creed, but even then it took many generations before it became infallible dogma.

My point is that just because now it is called infallible by Catholics doesn't mean it is right. And for you to brag that your church never changes infallible dogma means that every member has to accept it the way you teach it, period. And the decisions of what is infallible dogma comes down to a few higher-ups at that particular time.

And speaking of higher-ups, you commented that bishops, deacons, etc. was the way Jesus set up the Church? The Word of God begs to differ.

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Feb. 15 2010,18:29)

JustAskin,Feb. wrote:

Hi CA

Blessings WJ

Whoa!  Not at all.

CA

Blessings WJ

No again…

The great Athanasius was upheld by the council.  The Arian heresy (which you decry with us) was condemned.

There is no infallibility claim for either Athanasius or Eusebius of Nicomedia.

Do you understand this?

CA

You are missing my point!

Was Athanasius deposed or not?

Was it not after the council when the doctrine of the Trinity was declared “Infallable” by the so-called “Infallable” Pope (correction, Ecumenical Church Council) ?

If so then how did he get deposed?

Blessings WJ

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Feb. 16 2010,10:31)

[quote=WorshippingJesus,Feb. 16 2010,10:21]

[quote=WorshippingJesus,Feb. 16 2010,09:09]

JustAskin,Feb. wrote:

Ok

Is that correct?

WJ

Not there yet.

We claim the infallablity of the Church. The pope has an infallable charism that only applies under certain CLEARLY defined and LIMITED circumstances. We claim the infalliblity of the Ecumenical Church Councils. We claim the infallibility of the unanimous agreement of the fathers. We claim the infallibility of the Sacred Tradition, written and unwritten.

Individual priests or bishops are not infallible. Only the Bishop of Rome as successor of Peter holds an official capacity of speaking ex cathedra. Again, this does not apply to everything he says or does…obviously.

The pope COULD go to hell if he wanted to.

Elizabeth
    Participant

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Feb. 16 2010,10:22)

Quote (Elizabeth @ Feb. 16 2010,10:10)

CA

Blessings WJ

W.J.  boy I like to agree with you and on this I do.  Knowing first hand there is no other Church but the R.C.Church.  Nobody is right except they.  To say that they only go by Jesus teaching is as wrong as He is.  Maria worship and believing only what the Pope says, to name a few.  The one thing I still get upset about is the Veneration of the cross.  Also the cross itself has a figure on it.  And of course all o that is sacred to them.  I had until 2 years ago a Priest friend which I did talk to even though we left the Church.  In His apartment of course hangs the cross and He told me He needs that to be reminded of Jesus.  He died.  They used to have pictures of Saints hanging on the walls at their Churches.  Also they do the Stations of the cross.  10 Hail Maria's and our Father prayers.  It's been awhile and I can't remember the stations.  But they too hang in the Churches walls.  Purgatory, what a joke.  When someone died  you can buy Masses for them so they get out of Purgatory quicker.
    Peace and Love Irene

Irene,

Hell is hot.  Why do you insist on self-destruction.  You have apostasized from the true faith.  You have removed yourself from the Eucharist.  You have falsely accused the Church of things you should know full well are false (i.e. “Mary worship”, etc.)

Why will you die?

You have said over and over how old and near death you are.  Why do you INSIST on dying in brazen apostasy?

One of these times you may be hearing your last call to repentance.  I pray God gives you the grace.  I pray God gives you light.

Why don't you turn the computer off and start calling out to God in prayer for mercy and compassion?

PLEASE!

You mean you don't pray to Maria any more? Wow I am going to die, i sure hope so. i am 71 and I do know I will. But I am going into the grave until Jesus our Savior returns, Hell is a hole in the ground, get educated. Purgatory again is not in my Picture. True faith, mmmmmmmmmmmm
    He already has given me grace and I live by it.
    Ephesians 2:8-9 read it and learn….I belong to the Spiritual Church of God and not any organization that teaches false doctrine like the Catholic Church does. Read up on it in the Trinity tread. I am not wasting any more time then I have to with you. There is no profit in it. I know unless God calls you out of that Church you will not understand anything.
    Good luck to you and yours, Irene

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Feb. 15 2010,18:42)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Feb. 16 2010,10:31)

[quote=WorshippingJesus,Feb. 16 2010,10:21]

[quote=WorshippingJesus,Feb. 16 2010,09:09]

JustAskin,Feb. wrote:

Ok

Is that correct?

WJ

Not there yet.

We claim the infallablity of the Church.  The pope has an infallable charism that only applies under certain CLEARLY defined and LIMITED circumstances.  We claim the infalliblity of the Ecumenical Church Councils.  We claim the infallibility of the unanimous agreement of the fathers.  We claim the infallibility of the Sacred Tradition, written and unwritten.

Individual priests or bishops are not infallible.  Only the Bishop of Rome as successor of Peter holds an official capacity of speaking ex cathedra.  Again, this does not apply to everything he says or does…obviously.

The pope COULD go to hell if he wanted to.

CA

Thanks! Then explain how they would have anymore authority than a Protestant preacher who has been called of God to bring the good news to the world!

Blessings WJ

terraricca
    Participant

CA-WJ

Satan likes corruption ,likes deceiving, like misery,like people who worship false gods,likes lies,

history of the catholic church can not be denied it is written in blood,
    for century's ,corruption from the top down to smallest,you have put your faith in that organization
    that s your freewill rights, your reward will follow.
    guilty by association. the bible says to get out.

Viewing 20 posts - 461 through 480 (of 964 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account