The messenger of jehovah was jehovah

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 693 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    It does speak of those whose god is their belly but where does it say their bellies are the god of this world?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………….Come on! they serve there god their bellies as Jodi said. The god of this world is mans appetites and thats what he serves. “For all that's in the world , the lust of the flesh , the lust of the eyes , the pride of life are from the world. That is where man rules from the world and serves it also. No Spooks going around jumping in and out of anyone, Just man serving His god his belly or appetites.Jodi is right IMO

peace and love………………………..gene

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Jodi Lee @ Sep. 06 2009,10:45)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Aug. 04 2009,08:37)
    Hi Gene

Quote (Gene @ Aug. 03 2009,15:55)
    Just jump from here to there never coming to the truth, never believing Jesus'  own words. It amazes me WJ.

Who is not believing his words Gene?

Jesus knew that the Father had put all things under his power, and that “he had come from God and was returning to God“; John 13:3

For I came down from heaven“, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me. John 6:38

Why do you not believe his words?

How long will you go without addressing these scriptures?

WJ

WJ, what PART of the infant BOY, was the ONE TRUE GOD?

Scripture tells us that God was going to SEND a Messiah, and indeed God did send a Messiah, what scripture does not say is that He was going to send Himself known as God the son. STICK with SCRUPTURE!!

Christ was foreknown in the beginning……but manifested later, and he came down as the Bread of Life came down from heaven, under the direct will and plan of our one true God the Father. The manna that came from heaven was made on earth, and the Messiah that came down from heaven was also made on earth, in the womb of Mary.

Jesus was a human who did not follow after his own will, after the WILL of the FLESH, instead he denied his flesh to his death, perfectly following the Father's will. Proving that MAN could be made righteous and perfect in God's sight. Creating a whole REASON why YHWH would create the earth in the first place!! Jesus is still a human born of the seed of David firstborn of the dead, and He will lead the rest of mankind into the awesome and glorious New heaven and earth, where human beings flesh and bone like the raised Jesus, will live in peace and hormony together.

Jodi Lee,
    What about the fact that the messenger said “I will multiply your seed?” And Moses himself called the messenger who spoke with her by the name of “Jehovah.” And Hagar herself called the messenger “the God who sees me.”

Why did the messenger say “I will….” Gabriel did not say to Mary “I will….” He said, “The Most High will…” (Luke 1:28-35).

Did the messenger who came to Hagar lack communication skills or something? Or was he just a blatant liar? Why does he say “I will multiply your seed” and then allow Hagar to think that he was God. The messenger who came to Mary didn't lead her to think that he was God.

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    Nobody seems to agree with you that God is an angel or two Who does His own messages.
    Perhaps your thoughts led you astray?

KangarooJack
    Participant

TO JODI LEE:

Where are you?

thinker

Jodi Lee
    Participant

Quote (Jodi Lee @ Aug. 05 2009,05:04)

Quote (thethinker @ Aug. 03 2009,02:13)
    Genesis 16:9-13:

9And the Messenger of Jehovah saith to her, `Turn back unto thy mistress, and humble thyself under her hands;'

10and the Messenger of Jehovah saith to her, `Multiplying, I multiply thy seed, and it is not numbered from multitude;'

11and the Messenger of Jehovah saith to her, `Behold thou [art] conceiving, and bearing a son, and hast called his name Ishmael, for Jehovah hath hearkened unto thine affliction;

12and he is a wild-man, his hand against every one, and every one's hand against him — and before the face of all his brethren he dwelleth.'

13And she calleth the name of Jehovah who is speaking unto her, `Thou [art], O God, my beholder;' for she said, `Even here have I looked behind my beholder?'

In verse 10 the Messenger of Jehovah said, “I multiply they seed.” This means that the Messenger of Jehovah is also Jehovah. And in verse 13 Hagar identified the Messenger of Jehovah as Jehovah God, “And she calleth the name of of Jehovah who is speaking with her…. 'O God, my beholder….”

So God is NOT a solitary Being as anti-trinitarians say. He is a plural Being.

thinker

What is more logical?

That the messenger of Jehovah is speaking as directly quoting God's very words, or that the messenger is not really a messenger of God but actually God Himself?

If the scriptures says it is God's messenger, THEN IT IS NOT God, but is then TRULY His messenger, and thus it should be obvious that the messenger is Speaking FOR God on behalf of God, quoting God.

Good Morning Thinker,

I don't get your thinking here at all.

The person who came and spoke to Hagar was a messenger OF YHWH. A messenger OF YHWH speaks the words OF YHWH FOR YHWH.

The words that the messenger spoke were NOT the messengers, the words Hagar received were not the messengers.

DO NOT throw OUT the MEANING of messenger.

USE IT to understand the passage, and it should be obvious IMO.

KangarooJack
    Participant

Jodi Lee said:

Good Morning Thinker,

The person who came and spoke to Hagar was a messenger OF YHWH. A messenger OF YHWH speaks the words OF YHWH FOR YHWH.

The words that the messenger spoke were NOT the messengers, the words Hagar received were not the messengers.

Hi Jodi Lee,
    Was not Christ YHWH's messenger? Was He not also YHWH (John 8:58, “Before Abraham was I am”)?

It is obvious that YHWH's Messenger shared YHWH's name for the Messenger said to Moses, “I am the God of thy fathers” (Exodus 3:6). The Messenger said to Hagar, “I will multiply your seed” (Genesis 16:10). Gabriel did not speak like this to Mary. Gabriel said, “The Most High will overshadow you.”

Why didn't the Messenger who spoke to Moses and Hagar speak like Gabriel did?

Jodi Lee:

I haven't thrown out the meaning of “messenger.” I am saying that the Messenger shared YHWH's name. I may send a messenger who shares my name. Moses clearly called the Messenger by the name “YHWH” (Genesis 16:13). The Messenger was commissioned to say to Moses “I am the God of your fathers.” But Gabriel could not say that because he did not share YHWH's name. Therefore Gabriel said, “The Most High will overshadow you.”

Type in your url “Old testament Christophanies.” The Messenger of YHWH was old testament appearances of Christ.

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    So including these angels in your community god what number of persons are you up to now?

Jodi Lee
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ Sep. 11 2009,07:21)
    Jodi Lee said:

Good Morning Thinker,

Hi Jodi Lee,
    Was not Christ YHWH's messenger? Was He not also YHWH (John 8:58, “Before Abraham was I am”)?

It is obvious that YHWH's Messenger shared YHWH's name for the Messenger said to Moses, “I am the God of thy fathers” (Exodus 3:6). The Messenger said to Hagar, “I will multiply your seed” (Genesis 16:10). Gabriel did not speak like this to Mary. Gabriel said, “The Most High will overshadow you.”

Jodi Lee:

I haven't thrown out the meaning of “messenger.” I am saying that the Messenger shared YHWH's name. I may send a messenger who shares my name. Moses clearly called the Messenger by the name “YHWH” (Genesis 16:13). The Messenger was commissioned to say to Moses “I am the God of your fathers.” But Gabriel could not say that because he did not share YHWH's name. Therefore Gabriel said, “The Most High will overshadow you.”

Type in your url “Old testament Christophanies.” The Messenger of YHWH was old testament appearances of Christ.

thinker

You can't go back to arguments I have already disproved.

Where was that thread?

When Jesus said 'before Abraham was I am', he was not referring to himself as the 'I AM' of YHWH in the OT.

The 'I AM', that Jesus says he is, is the Christ, the SLAIN LAMB, the Mediator to YHWH, the SERVANT of YHWH.  The Christ is the human being YHWH promised He would be a Father to.

YHWH before the foundation of the world had planned for ONE man to bring sin and ONE man to remove it. Jesus of Nazareth was he. The I AM, Jesus IS, is that PROMISE that existed before Abraham existed, and YHWH showed Abraham how in his seed one day the fulfillment of that promise would come, and it made Abraham glad to see it.  

To say the 'I Am' Jesus referred himself to be, is suppose to be revealing to us that Jesus was YHWH, is just flat out STUPID IMO.

Quote (Jodi Lee @ Sep. 05 2009,18:45)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Aug. 04 2009,08:37)
    Hi Gene

Quote (Gene @ Aug. 03 2009,15:55)
    Just jump from here to there never coming to the truth, never believing Jesus'  own words. It amazes me WJ.

Who is not believing his words Gene?

Jesus knew that the Father had put all things under his power, and that “he had come from God and was returning to God“; John 13:3

For I came down from heaven“, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me. John 6:38

Why do you not believe his words?

How long will you go without addressing these scriptures?

WJ

WJ, what PART of the infant BOY, was the ONE TRUE GOD?

Scripture tells us that God was going to SEND a Messiah, and indeed God did send a Messiah, what scripture does not say is that He was going to send Himself known as God the son. STICK with SCRUPTURE!!

Christ was foreknown in the beginning……but manifested later, and he came down as the Bread of Life came down from heaven, under the direct will and plan of our one true God the Father. The manna that came from heaven was made on earth, and the Messiah that came down from heaven was also made on earth, in the womb of Mary.

Jesus was a human who did not follow after his own will, after the WILL of the FLESH, instead he denied his flesh to his death, perfectly following the Father's will. Proving that MAN could be made righteous and perfect in God's sight. Creating a whole REASON why YHWH would create the earth in the first place!! Jesus is still a human born of the seed of David firstborn of the dead, and He will lead the rest of mankind into the awesome and glorious New heaven and earth, where human beings flesh and bone like the raised Jesus, will live in peace and hormony together.

Jodi

The simple language that Jesus spoke was…

If he says that he is returning to the Father and in the same breath says he came from the Father then it is pretty clear he is not speaking of going back into his mothers womb. If returning to the Father is literal, then coming from the Father is literal!

It is clear that he existed before with the Father.

What part of “For I came down from heaven” is not clear?

But as always the anti-trinitarians have to add all kinds of appologetics to the simple reading of scriptures!

WJ

Quote (Jodi Lee @ Sep. 10 2009,15:49)

Jodi Lee said:

Good Morning Thinker,

Hi Jodi Lee,

Jodi Lee:

thinker

Where was that thread?

When Jesus said 'before Abraham was I am', he was not referring to himself as the 'I AM' of YHWH in the OT.

The 'I AM', that Jesus says he is, is the Christ, the SLAIN LAMB, the Mediator to YHWH, the SERVANT of YHWH.  The Christ is the human being YHWH promised He would be a Father to.

YHWH before the foundation of the world had planned for ONE man to bring sin and ONE man to remove it. Jesus of Nazareth was he. The I AM, Jesus IS, is that PROMISE that existed before Abraham existed, and YHWH showed Abraham how in his seed one day the fulfillment of that promise would come, and it made Abraham glad to see it.  

To say the 'I Am' Jesus referred himself to be, is suppose to be revealing to us that Jesus was YHWH, is just flat out STUPID IMO.

Hi Jodi

Then who is this…

Zechariah 12:1-9
    1The burden of the word of the LORD [YHWH] concerning Israel. Thus declares the LORD [YHWH] who stretches out the heavens, lays the foundation of the earth, and forms the spirit of man within him, 2″Behold, I am going to make Jerusalem a cup that causes reeling to all the peoples around; and when the siege is against Jerusalem, it will also be against Judah. 3″It will come about in that day that I will make Jerusalem a heavy stone for all the peoples; all who lift it will be severely injured And all the nations of the earth will be gathered against it. 4″In that day,” declares the LORD [YHWH], “I will strike every horse with bewilderment and his rider with madness. But I will watch over the house of Judah, while I strike every horse of the peoples with blindness. 5″Then the clans of Judah will say in their hearts, 'A strong support for us are the inhabitants of Jerusalem through the LORD of hosts, their God.' 6″In that day I [YHWH] will make the clans of Judah like a firepot among pieces of wood and a flaming torch among sheaves, so they will consume on the right hand and on the left all the surrounding peoples, while the inhabitants of Jerusalem again dwell on their own sites in Jerusalem. 7″The LORD also will save the tents of Judah first, so that the glory of the house of David and the glory of the inhabitants of Jerusalem will not be magnified above Judah. 8″In that day the LORD will defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and the one who is feeble among them in that day will be like David, and the house of David will be like God, like the angel of the LORD before them. 9″And in that day I [YHWH] will set about to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.

There is no mention of a secondary identity in the Zechariah's predictive prophecy. The “me” in “they will look on Me whom they have pierced” is YHWH. In the immediately-preceding verse YHWH affirmed “I will set about to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem”, which of course only the Almighty could accomplish. With that in mind, please consider Who it was that John taught fulfilled this prophecy:

John 19:33-37
    33but coming to Jesus, when they saw that He was already dead, they did not break His legs. 34But one of the soldiers pierced His side with a spear, and immediately blood and water came out. 35And he who has seen has testified, and his testimony is true; and he knows that he is telling the truth, so that you also may believe. 36For these things came to pass to fulfill the Scripture, “NOT A BONE OF HIM SHALL BE BROKEN.” 37And again another Scripture says, “THEY SHALL LOOK ON HIM WHOM THEY PIERCED.

According to John, Zechariah 10:12 is a predictive reference to the piercing (vs 34) incurred by Yeshua during His crucifixion (“For these things came to pass to fulfill the Scripture” – v 36). Let me be as clear as I can here t8: Only YHWH could fulfill this prophecy, because it was made specifically by YHWH (through Zechariah) and of YHWH. It cannot be fulfilled by proxy, the piercing was to be incurred by YHWH and it is YHWH that would be looked upon. No one else, the language in the Zechariah text is unambiguous and does not allow for it. John unequivocally tells us that Yeshua literally fulfilled the Zech 12:10 prophecy at Calvary, but crucially He fulfilled it after His body had expired (v 33). The Roman soldiers and other bystanders (the inhabitants of Jerusalem) looked upon His lifeless body, but John and Zechariah tell us that this was the body of YHWH. So, the obvious implication here is: even His dead body was considered utterly divine, it was the body of YHWH. So any argument linking Yeshua's deity with His indwelling by the Holy Spirit is vaporised in this verse.

If YHWH makes a prophecy that only YHWH can fulfill, and Yahshua fulfills it, then He is YHWH. There is no other acceptable conclusion.

Source

WJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    King Jesus is in eternal spiritual unity with his God.
    God will again be with His people on earth in the vessel of His Son.

KangarooJack
    Participant

Jodi Lee said:

The 'I AM', that Jesus says he is, is the Christ, the SLAIN LAMB, the Mediator to YHWH, the SERVANT of YHWH.  The Christ is the human being YHWH promised He would be a Father to. YHWH before the foundation of the world had planned for ONE man to bring sin and ONE man to remove it. Jesus of Nazareth was he. The I AM, Jesus IS, is that PROMISE that existed before Abraham existed, and YHWH showed Abraham how in his seed one day the fulfillment of that promise would come, and it made Abraham glad to see it.

Jesus did not refer to His sacrificial death as lamb or His being foreordained before the foundation of the world. He answered a direct question the Jews put to Him about His origin and He said “before Abraham was I am.”

He said “I am” in verses 23-24 indicating that He was from above:

And He said to them, “You are from beneath; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world. 24 Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I am, you will die in your sins.”

His “I am” reference in verses 23-24 indicates that He came from heaven. His “I am” reference in verse 58 was in direct reply to the Jews who asked Him of His origin which He had already explained in verses 23-24.

thinker

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Sep. 11 2009,08:17)

Quote (Jodi Lee @ Sep. 10 2009,15:49)

Jodi Lee said:

Good Morning Thinker,

Hi Jodi Lee,

Jodi Lee:

thinker

Where was that thread?

Hi Jodi

Then who is this…

Zechariah 12:1-9
    1The burden of the word of the LORD [YHWH] concerning Israel. Thus declares the LORD [YHWH] who stretches out the heavens, lays the foundation of the earth, and forms the spirit of man within him, 2″Behold, I am going to make Jerusalem a cup that causes reeling to all the peoples around; and when the siege is against Jerusalem, it will also be against Judah. 3″It will come about in that day that I will make Jerusalem a heavy stone for all the peoples; all who lift it will be severely injured And all the nations of the earth will be gathered against it. 4″In that day,” declares the LORD [YHWH], “I will strike every horse with bewilderment and his rider with madness. But I will watch over the house of Judah, while I strike every horse of the peoples with blindness. 5″Then the clans of Judah will say in their hearts, 'A strong support for us are the inhabitants of Jerusalem through the LORD of hosts, their God.' 6″In that day I [YHWH] will make the clans of Judah like a firepot among pieces of wood and a flaming torch among sheaves, so they will consume on the right hand and on the left all the surrounding peoples, while the inhabitants of Jerusalem again dwell on their own sites in Jerusalem. 7″The LORD also will save the tents of Judah first, so that the glory of the house of David and the glory of the inhabitants of Jerusalem will not be magnified above Judah. 8″In that day the LORD will defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and the one who is feeble among them in that day will be like David, and the house of David will be like God, like the angel of the LORD before them. 9″And in that day I [YHWH] will set about to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.

There is no mention of a secondary identity in the Zechariah's predictive prophecy. The “me” in “they will look on Me whom they have pierced” is YHWH. In the immediately-preceding verse YHWH affirmed “I will set about to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem”, which of course only the Almighty could accomplish. With that in mind, please consider Who it was that John taught fulfilled this prophecy:

John 19:33-37
    33but coming to Jesus, when they saw that He was already dead, they did not break His legs. 34But one of the soldiers pierced His side with a spear, and immediately blood and water came out. 35And he who has seen has testified, and his testimony is true; and he knows that he is telling the truth, so that you also may believe. 36For these things came to pass to fulfill the Scripture, “NOT A BONE OF HIM SHALL BE BROKEN.” 37And again another Scripture says, “THEY SHALL LOOK ON HIM WHOM THEY PIERCED.

According to John, Zechariah 10:12 is a predictive reference to the piercing (vs 34) incurred by Yeshua during His crucifixion (“For these things came to pass to fulfill the Scripture” – v 36). Let me be as clear as I can here t8: Only YHWH could fulfill this prophecy, because it was made specifically by YHWH (through Zechariah) and of YHWH. It cannot be fulfilled by proxy, the piercing was to be incurred by YHWH and it is YHWH that would be looked upon. No one else, the language in the Zechariah text is unambiguous and does not allow for it. John unequivocally tells us that Yeshua literally fulfilled the Zech 12:10 prophecy at Calvary, but crucially He fulfilled it after His body had expired (v 33). The Roman soldiers and other bystanders (the inhabitants of Jerusalem) looked upon His lifeless body, but John and Zechariah tell us that this was the body of YHWH. So, the obvious implication here is: even His dead body was considered utterly divine, it was the body of YHWH. So any argument linking Yeshua's deity with His indwelling by the Holy Spirit is vaporised in this verse.

If YHWH makes a prophecy that only YHWH can fulfill, and Yahshua fulfills it, then He is YHWH. There is no other acceptable conclusion.

Source

WJ

Wow WJ!

I wish Is. 1:18 would come back.

Jack

Quote (thethinker @ Sep. 10 2009,16:28)
    Jodi Lee said:

The 'I AM', that Jesus says he is, is the Christ, the SLAIN LAMB, the Mediator to YHWH, the SERVANT of YHWH.  The Christ is the human being YHWH promised He would be a Father to. YHWH before the foundation of the world had planned for ONE man to bring sin and ONE man to remove it. Jesus of Nazareth was he. The I AM, Jesus IS, is that PROMISE that existed before Abraham existed, and YHWH showed Abraham how in his seed one day the fulfillment of that promise would come, and it made Abraham glad to see it.

Jesus did not refer to His sacrificial death as lamb or His being foreordained before the foundation of the world. He answered a direct question the Jews put to Him about His origin and He said “before Abraham was I am.”

He said “I am” in verses 23-24 indicating that He was from above:

And He said to them, “You are from beneath; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world. 24 Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I am, you will die in your sins.”

His “I am” reference in verses 23-24 indicates that He came from heaven. His “I am” reference in verse 58 was in direct reply to the Jews who asked Him of His origin which He had already explained in verses 23-24.

thinker

True

To him who has an ear to hear let him hear!

WJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    Not he does not support your odd ideas like community gods and angels gods but WJ will not correct you as long as you preach catholic trinity.

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 11 2009,08:43)
    Hi TT,
    Not he does not support your odd ideas like community gods and angels gods but WJ will not correct you as long as you preach catholic trinity.

Who saved you?

a. The Father alone
    b. the Father and the Son
    c. The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit

If you choose any other than “c” you are wrong. Seeing that you must choose “c” then God is a triune Savior. So….

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    I am working out my salvation not presuming on it.
    When are you going to move from distant false theological theories into the arms of the loving Father?

Quote (thethinker @ Sep. 10 2009,17:00)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 11 2009,08:43)
    Hi TT,

Who saved you?

a. The Father alone
    b. the Father and the Son
    c. The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit

If you choose any other than “c” you are wrong. Seeing that you must choose “c” then God is a triune Savior. So….

thinker

Jack

NH just gave you your answer, he just admitted he is not saved but is working it out!

WJ

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 11 2009,09:06)
    Hi TT,
    I am working out my salvation not presuming on it.
    When are you going to move from distant false theological theories into the arms of the loving Father?

Do you confess Jesus Christ as your Savior or not?

thinker

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 693 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account