The messenger of jehovah was jehovah

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 693 total)
  • Author
    Jodi Lee
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Sep. 16 2009,11:23)
    Hi Jodi

Quote (Jodi Lee @ Sep. 15 2009,19:13)
    TT are you trying to tell me that NO man has SEEN Jesus?

Can you see Jesus in the light he dwells in now?

Do you think it is possible for any mortal man to see Jesus in all of his Glory? This is what the Apostle Paul is speaking of you know.

Remember when Paul had the vision of his Glory on the road to Damascus, the great light that he saw blinded him!

Rest assured that 1 Tim 6:13-16 is contextually speaking of Jesus who is dwelling in the light which no man has seen or can see!

WJ

1 Timothy 6:13 I urge you in the sight of God who gives life to all things, and before Christ Jesus who witnessed the good confession before Pontius Pilate, 14 that you keep this commandment without spot, blameless until our Lord Jesus Christ's appearing, 15 which He will manifest in His own time, He who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings and Lord of lords, 16 who alone has immortality, dwelling in unapproachable light, whom no man has seen or can see, to whom be honor and everlasting power. Amen.

This is absurd. Jesus was raised from the dead and he appeared to many, eating and drinking with them. Are you trying to tell me WJ that Jesus received some other sort of change after his resurrection? The light that Jesus was in when he was raised from the dead was certainly approachable and seen.

Scripture tells us that no man has seen the Father!

Joh 1:18 No one has seen God at any time. The only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared Him.

The Father GAVE Jesus immortality.

Ro 8:11 But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.

Jesus receives the revelation of when he is to return from his Father. This does not make Jesus return according to HIS OWN TIME, but in the time designated by his Father!!

Mt 24:36 “But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only.

Mr 13:32 “But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

Jodi

Quote (Jodi Lee @ Sep. 15 2009,20:00)
    This is absurd. Jesus was raised from the dead and he appeared to many, eating and drinking with them. Are you trying to tell me WJ that Jesus received some other sort of change after his resurrection? The light that Jesus was in when he was raised from the dead was certainly approachable and seen.

No what is absurd is that you believe that Jesus who is seated with the Father in his throne does not dwell in the light which no mortal man can approach or see!

Jesus at this time shares all of the Glory of the Father, for all authority and power is in him!

He is the “brightness of the Fathers Glory” (Heb 1:3) and he is the Only one who dwells in that light for he himself has seen the Father!

Tell me Jodi, is the Father the light or the one that dwells in the light?

WJ

Jodi

Who is this…

AND THEN SHALL THAT WICKED BE REVEALED, WHOM THE LORD SHALL CONSUME WITH THE SPIRIT OF HIS MOUTH, “AND SHALL DESTROY WITH THE **BRIGHTNESS OF HIS COMING**“: 2 Thess 2:8

WJ

Jodi Lee
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Sep. 16 2009,11:30)

Quote (Jodi Lee @ Sep. 15 2009,19:25)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Sep. 16 2009,11:17)
    Hi Jodi

Quote (Jodi Lee @ Sep. 15 2009,18:57)
    If Jesus were raised from the dead to become the One True God again, then why would he need to be GIVEN authority?

You really do not listen very well at all or you just choose not to hear!

Jack has never implied in the slightest that Jesus rose “from the dead to become the One True God again”.

In light of Phil 2 Jesus who was in the form of God, emptied himself for us, (which by the way is proof of his deity) by leaving the Glory he shared with the Father and has returned to the Glory that he had with the Father!

Tell me Jodi, when was Jesus rich and become poor so that we might be rich?

For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that “though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor“, so that you through his poverty might become rich. 2 Cor 8:9

Is there any scriptural support for Jesus being rich in this world? If not then it only stands to reason the Apostle Paul is speaking of his preexisting status with the Father before he emptied himself and came in the likeness of sinful flesh!

WJ

WJ,

Do you and Jack believe that Jesus is the One True God or NOT? I am confused.

Hi Jodi

I understand how you can be confused!

You try to seperate the ontological nature of Jesus from the Fathers!

Thats kind of like trying to prove that your Son cannot be human like his Dad because he is his Son!

There is “One True God”, the Father, Jesus and the Holy Spirit, these three are “ONE”.

You still cannot grasp “Plural Unity” can you?

WJ

WJ,

If this were true then scripture would say so but it goes completely against this.

1Co 8:6 yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live.

Eph 4:6 one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

Then we have

Joh 20:17 Jesus said to her, “Do not cling to Me, for I have not yet ascended to My Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, 'I am ascending to My Father and your Father, and to My God and your God.' ”

Ro 15:6 that you may with one mind and one mouth glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

2Co 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort,

2Co 11:31 The God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who is blessed forever, knows that I am not lying.

Eph 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ,

Jesus is an immortal human being, he is still a man. The CHRIST was to be a MAN, not a god son turned into a man then turned back into a god son, but a MAN!

1Ti 2:5 For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus,

Mr 14:62 Jesus said, “I am. And you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Power, and coming with the clouds of heaven.”  

Ac 7:56 and said, “Look! I see the heavens opened and theSon of Man standing at the right hand of God!”

Romans 1:3 concerning His Son Jesus Christ our Lord, who was born of the seed of David according to the flesh, 4 and declared to be the Son of God with power according to the Spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead.

Making the CHRIST part of the One True God, is IMO the definition of the antichrist. Christ was a promise of a man becoming an immortal man. Christ is the first MAN raised from the dead to receive eternal life, and our hope is in the fact that if the Father did in fact raise Jesus the MAN from the dead and was able to give a man eternal life, then we should believe that He can do the same for us.

Re 22:16 “I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things in the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, the Bright and Morning Star.”

Jesus is the Son of Man, he is the root and offspring of David, he the Son of God, what Jesus is the One True God, that is EXCLUSIVELY said to be the Father!! Do you DENY this WJ?

WJ, when people in the NT speak of Jesus, saying “surely this is the Son of God, surely this is the CHRIST” why did they say that? It was because they were taught by the prophets that YHWH would raise up a man of the seed of David who YHWH would be a Father to. They were told through the prophets that a man would not see corruption, but would become an eternal king. Jesus being declared as the Messiah, and as the Son of God has EVERYTHING to do with him being a HUMAN being, not a pre-existent son god.

Jodi Lee
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Sep. 16 2009,12:11)
    Jodi

No what is absurd is that you believe that Jesus who is seated with the Father in his throne does not dwell in the light which no mortal man can approach or see!

Jesus at this time shares all of the Glory of the Father, for all authority and power is in him!

He is the “brightness of the Fathers Glory” (Heb 1:3) and he is the Only one who dwells in that light for he himself has seen the Father!

WJ

WJ,

Did Jesus NOT spend time eating and drinking and talking with men AFTER he received his GLORY!!

YES he DID! People most certainly saw Jesus in the light of his glory, and when he returns people will see him again!

Jodi Lee
    Participant

Jodi

WJ

Hebrews 1:1 God, who at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, 2 has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds; 3 who being the brightness of His glory and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,

Jesus while ON earth was in the brightness of his Father's glory. We were able to SEE him in that brightness.

1Jo 1:7 But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.

Quote (Jodi Lee @ Sep. 15 2009,20:49)

Jodi

WJ

WJ,

Did Jesus NOT spend time eating and drinking and talking with men AFTER he received his GLORY!!

YES he DID! People most certainly saw Jesus in the light of his glory, and when he returns people will see him again!

Hi Jodi

This statement is proof as Jack has told you that you still see Jesus as being in the flesh before his exalted state!

Do you not believe there are differing degrees of Gods Glory?

WJ

Quote (Jodi Lee @ Sep. 15 2009,20:55)

Jodi

WJ

Hebrews 1:1 God, who at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, 2 has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds; 3 who being the brightness of His glory and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,

Jesus while ON earth was in the brightness of his Father's glory. We were able to SEE him in that brightness.

1Jo 1:7 But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.

Hi Jodi

Again, you can only see him in his pre-exalted state!

Jesus is not in the flesh as you and I know it any longer!

He is in the highest place in the entire creation and that is dwelling in the light where no man can approach or has seen.

You still have not answered the question, is the Father the light or dwelling in the light in 1 Tim 6.

WJ

Jodi Lee
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Sep. 16 2009,12:27)
    Jodi

Who is this…

AND THEN SHALL THAT WICKED BE REVEALED, WHOM THE LORD SHALL CONSUME WITH THE SPIRIT OF HIS MOUTH, “AND SHALL DESTROY WITH THE **BRIGHTNESS OF HIS COMING**“: 2 Thess 2:8

WJ

Glad that you brought this scripture up,

2 Thes 2:7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains will do so until He F6 is taken out of the way. 8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming.  9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, 12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

First the identity of the lawless one is the Christ that is believed to be the One True God. Jesus will destroy the belief of this person with the breath of his mouth by revealing the huge LIE that Christianity teaches. The CHRIST is NOT the One True God, he is a MAN, an eternal man made of flesh and bone!

KangarooJack
    Participant

Jodi Lee said:

Jesus was not glorified until He was immortalized. He put off His mortal body once for all when He ascended to heaven. The body inwhich He was raised was flesh and blood. Paul said that “flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God.” There will be no flesh and blood bodies in heaven.

Jesus is pure light now as He was before. We will one day be made in His image. When Jesus appeared to Paul on the road to Damascus He appeared as He really is.

The apostle John said that the HOPE is that “we shall see Him as He is for we shall be like Him.” This means that no man has seen Him as He really is. I repeat, no man has seen Him as He is. Why would John speak of seeing His glory as their “hope” if they had already seen Him as He is? Hope that is seen is not hope. Paul was blinded by the glimpse of Him and would have been altogether destroyed had Jesus not contained the manifestation of His glory.

Jesus returned in AD70.

I will answer more of your posts tomorrow. It is bed time.

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Sep. 16 2009,13:21)

Jodi

WJ

Hi Jodi

He is in the highest place in the entire creation and that is dwelling in the light where no man can approach or has seen.

You still have not answered the question, is the Father the light or dwelling in the light in 1 Tim 6.

WJ

Hi WJ,
    So your god has exalted and nonexalted states.
    When your god is a man he is not exalted?

Our God does not change.

Jodi Lee
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Sep. 16 2009,13:09)

Quote (Jodi Lee @ Sep. 15 2009,20:49)

Jodi

WJ

WJ,

Hi Jodi

This statement is proof as Jack has told you that you still see Jesus as being in the flesh before his exalted state!

Do you not believe there are differing degrees of Gods Glory?

WJ

Jesus is in his exalted state as an immortal man, made of flesh and bone as scripture says. Where is your scriptural proof that Jesus, after being raised from the dead receiving eternal life, at some point change into something else?

1 Corinthians 15 tells us that as we were like Adam we will also be made like the heavenly MAN. Jesus is the firstborn of the dead, others will be born JUST LIKE him upon his return.

IMO WJ, you have NO clue who Christ is. You make him out to be the One True God, thus you teach antichrist. Christ is the HUMAN Messiah, the MAN of the seed of David who was raised from the DEAD!

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Jodi Lee @ Sep. 16 2009,13:29)

Jodi

Who is this…

WJ

2 Thes 2:7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains will do so until He F6 is taken out of the way. 8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming.  9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, 12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

First the identity of the lawless one is the Christ that is believed to be the One True God. Jesus will destroy the belief of this person with the breath of his mouth by revealing the huge LIE that Christianity teaches. The CHRIST is NOT the One True God, he is a MAN, an eternal man made of flesh and bone!

Jodi…….You have it right , Jesus is turned into a Man of Sin, by those deluded TRINITARIANS, who teach THE LIE, and Jesus Himself will abolish it at HIS return as 2Ths 2 says He will. So the false teaching of the Trinity will exist until Jesus returns, but woe to those who teach it.

Jodi don't get discouraged by those false teachers, You have posted way more then enough scriptures that if they had any sense of the truth it would have been obvious to them by now. Hang on to what GOD has given us and be thankful we are not like those deluded Trinitarians, who can't even understand the simple and obvious scriptures that tare down their false teachings. IMO

peace and love to you and yours……………..gene

Jodi Lee
    Participant

Hi Jodi

If Jesus were raised from the dead to become the One True God again, then why would he need to be GIVEN authority?

Jack has never implied in the slightest that Jesus rose “from the dead to become the One True God again”.

In light of Phil 2 Jesus who was in the form of God, emptied himself for us, (which by the way is proof of his deity) by leaving the Glory he shared with the Father and has returned to the Glory that he had with the Father!

For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that “though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor“, so that you through his poverty might become rich. 2 Cor 8:9

Is there any scriptural support for Jesus being rich in this world? If not then it only stands to reason the Apostle Paul is speaking of his preexisting status with the Father before he emptied himself and came in the likeness of sinful flesh!

WJ

WJ,

Hi Jodi

Thats kind of like trying to prove that your Son cannot be human like his Dad because he is his Son!

There is “One True God”, the Father, Jesus and the Holy Spirit, these three are “ONE”.

WJ

I get it, and if there is ONE thing I know for sure, such teaching DOES not exist in scripture.

If the Spirit that dwells in Christ dwells in me then I am also ONE with the Father and with Christ.

WJ, am I also part of the trinity? Am I the One True God also? :O

Jodi Lee
    Participant

Quote (Jodi Lee @ Sep. 16 2009,12:47)

Hi Jodi

WJ

WJ,

Hi Jodi

WJ

WJ,

If this were true then scripture would say so but it goes completely against this.

1Co 8:6 yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live.

Eph 4:6 one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

Then we have

Joh 20:17 Jesus said to her, “Do not cling to Me, for I have not yet ascended to My Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, 'I am ascending to My Father and your Father, and to My God and your God.' ”

Ro 15:6 that you may with one mind and one mouth glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

2Co 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort,

2Co 11:31 The God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who is blessed forever, knows that I am not lying.

Eph 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ,

Jesus is an immortal human being, he is still a man. The CHRIST was to be a MAN, not a god son turned into a man then turned back into a god son, but a MAN!

1Ti 2:5 For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus,

Mr 14:62 Jesus said, “I am. And you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Power, and coming with the clouds of heaven.”  

Ac 7:56 and said, “Look! I see the heavens opened and theSon of Man standing at the right hand of God!”

Romans 1:3 concerning His Son Jesus Christ our Lord, who was born of the seed of David according to the flesh, 4 and declared to be the Son of God with power according to the Spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead.

Making the CHRIST part of the One True God, is IMO the definition of the antichrist. Christ was a promise of a man becoming an immortal man. Christ is the first MAN raised from the dead to receive eternal life, and our hope is in the fact that if the Father did in fact raise Jesus the MAN from the dead and was able to give a man eternal life, then we should believe that He can do the same for us.

Re 22:16 “I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things in the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, the Bright and Morning Star.”

Jesus is the Son of Man, he is the root and offspring of David, he the Son of God, what Jesus is the One True God, that is EXCLUSIVELY said to be the Father!! Do you DENY this WJ?

WJ, when people in the NT speak of Jesus, saying “surely this is the Son of God, surely this is the CHRIST” why did they say that? It was because they were taught by the prophets that YHWH would raise up a man of the seed of David who YHWH would be a Father to. They were told through the prophets that a man would not see corruption, but would become an eternal king. Jesus being declared as the Messiah, and as the Son of God has EVERYTHING to do with him being a HUMAN being, not a pre-existent son god.

WJ,

I am waiting for you to explain how all these scriptures can fit your doctrine.

You said that “the One True God IS, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit”, however scripture shows what you teach is a FLAT OUT LIE, for it says that the FATHER is the ONE True God!

How do you explain the direct exclusion of Jesus from this?

What authority do YOU posses that you think you can so blatantly deny scripture?

Seriously, how is it that Jesus, AFTER his resurrection, can be the One True God, but at the same time have a God himself, the same God as scripture declares as being the One True God?

Are we to believe that Jesus is his own God? We are to believe according to you and Jack, that Jesus is his own father right?

No, I am going to stick with scripture thank you very much. Jesus is FLESH, he is the man who's flesh did not received corruption but immortality. For Jesus is truly THE CHRIST, and truly the SON of the One True God!

KangarooJack
    Participant

Jodi Lee said:

Jodi lee,
    There ya go again! You can't seem to think of Jesus as exalted can you? The “only true God” statement in reference to the Father was spoken by Jesus BEFORE He was exalted. The Bible CLEARLY says that the Word was God and that the Word became flesh. But He came into the world as servant and not as God. Thus He says of His Father “only true God.” Jesus TRULY denied Himself. Why don't you get it?Then His Father exalted Him and says of Him, “Your throne O GOD is forever and ever.”

I marvel that you believe Jesus when He said “only true God” but you don't believe the Father when He called His Son “God.” You say that Jesus is not your God but the Father. Yet you believe Jesus and not the Father. ???

When is it going to sink in that Jesus denied His rights as God for your sake?

“All things were made THROUGH Him and FOR Him.” I am getting sick and tired of your saying that trinitarianism is “antichrist” and “vomit.” Christianity is historically Trinitarian.

And note that it says that Jesus is both the ROOT and offspring of David. He BOTH preceded and came from David. Christ was David's PERSONAL Lord.

Jehovah said to my Lord, sit thou at my right hand….

There it is! The Christ was David's Lord! And Jesus denied that the Christ was merely David's son on the fact that David called Him “Lord.” David knew Christ His Lord PERSONALLY. He is both the “ROOT” and the offspring of David.  

41 And He said to them, “How can they say that the Christ is the Son of David? 42 Now David himself said in the Book of Psalms:

‘ The LORD said to my Lord,

“ Sit at My right hand,
          43 Till I make Your enemies Your footstool.”’

44 Therefore David calls Him ‘Lord’; how is He then his Son?”

There it is! Jesus denied that the Christ was merely David's son. Jesus asked, “How can they say that Christ is [merely] the son of David?” The same question goes to you. How can you say that Christ was [merely] the son of David when David HIMSELF called Him “Lord?”

You make the same mistake the unbelieving Jews did and yet have the audacity to go around calling others “antichrist.”

Wake up young lady! YOU SIDE WITH THE UNBELIEVING JEWS. This should cause some kind of a fearful chill up and down your spine.

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    Why do you say Jesus is God when he says he is the Son of God?

Tim Kraft
    Participant

To all: When reading in John the words of Jesus talking, I noticed that when Jesus referred to “the world” or “they” “this world” all words that made reference to the enemy,bad, judgement,they hated me, they will hate you and many more. These are refering to the old Jewish law that was passing away as the New Covenant was being taught by Jesus.At John 15:25, Jesus still speaking says…”the word was being fulfilled that was written in THEIR LAW! WHOSE LAW! The old Jewish law that passed when Jesus came.(Luke 16:16).The world that will hate you, those under the law. Those who hated Jesus, those under the law. Those that didn't believe in Jesus, those under the law. Those that would face judgment for not believing Jesus, were those under the law. Jesus said, “they hated me without cause”…John 15:18—-There really are no Jews or Gentiles today. Those of God that believe his Truth of righteousness and freedom are chosen and those who don't believe Jesus which are cast outside where there is weeping and nashing of teeth. Bless all, TK

Quote (Jodi Lee @ Sep. 15 2009,21:29)

Jodi

Who is this…

WJ

Hi Jodi

Puke!

That is such a distortion of the scripture!

Do you see the words “Jesus is God” in the context?

WJ

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 15 2009,21:36)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Sep. 16 2009,13:21)

Jodi

WJ

Hi Jodi

WJ

Hi WJ,
    So your god has exalted and nonexalted states.
    When your god is a man he is not exalted?

Our God does not change.

NH

Did you snip Phil 2 out of your Bible?

WJ

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 693 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account