The lord our god is one lord

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    dspesh
    Participant

Deuteronomy 6:4
    Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:
    •How important is the scripture above? Well, it was so important that the LORD commanded…
    Deuteronomy 6
    6And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart:
    7And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.
    •But this is the Old Testament. Are they still important today?
    Mark 12:29
    And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is: Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:
    •Ok, so Jesus wanted to make sure that we knew that it’s just as true today… As it was in the Old Testament of yesterday.
    Ephesians 4:5
    5One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
    •Wow, this statement is in the Law (Book of Moses), the Gospel, and the Epistles (letters to the Church). You think God is trying to tell us something important? Yes, he is – to the point that he commanded us to diligently teach it to our children. Hear O, Israel the Lord our God is one LORD…

•So, if there is only one Lord and Jesus is the son of God and of Man. Then is He “second in command”?
    Isaiah 7:14
    Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

•This is a prophecy of Jesus. It says he shall be called Immanuel. What does the name Immanuel mean? It means “God is with us”.

John 1:1
    In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
    John 1:14
    And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

1 Timothy 3:16
    And without controversy, great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifested in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

•No, Jesus is not second in command. But rather, all of God that could fit inside a human body. Jesus made this clear in many statements though out the bible.

John 10:30
    I and my Father are one.

John 14:9
    Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? He that hath seen me, hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?

John 8:18
    I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me, beareth witness of me.

John 8:58
    Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

•But why does the bible say Jesus is at the right hand of God?
    Mark 16:19
    … he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.
    Luke 22:69
    Hereafter shall the Son of man sit on the right hand of the power of God.
    •Whether you believe Jesus and God are “not” one God. And/or if you, believe that Jesus is God in the flesh. This scripture cannot be taken literally. Why? Because God is a Spirit.

John 4:24
    God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

•So then what is this scripture saying? It is saying Jesus has been given authority. To be someone’s right hand man, is to say, you are, “one in Authority”.

Acts 2:36
    Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

•Well, in order to give authority doesn’t that mean, someone had to give it? No, you see God is a spirit; Jesus is God in the Flesh. The only way for you or me to see God is to look into the eyes of Jesus. God’s spirit could not dwell in you or me “while we were sinners”. So, the blood of Jesus made it possible for God to come into our heart and live there.

•Jesus was also all flesh while on earth. He got tired, hungry, and sometimes he did not want to do what he had to do. That is why he prayed on the day he was crucified. To bring that flesh under submission. Does that mean he was less then God? NO, what it means is that He was also human.

•The trinity doctrine was developed in 325 AD . It was never taught by the disciples and it is not taught anywhere in the bible. But rather the bible teaches over and over again, from beginning to end, that there is only One God. Not three in one, but only One.

•The Father, Son and Holy Ghost are not three. I am a Mother, a daughter, and a wife but, I am not three. Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are titles for one God.

•When Peter said…

Acts 2:38
    … Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
    …. He knew the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost and he did exactly as Jesus commended. Scripture does not contradict itself and about 10,000 people where baptized in the name of Jesus. But not one in Father, Son, and Holy Ghost (in the Bible) Because…
    Acts 4:12
    12Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
    I will close with Thomas.
    John 20:28
    And Thomas answered and said unto him, My LORD and My God.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Children of rome

To try to understand why and how so many different denominations developed, let's take a very brief look at the history of the church:

After Jesus died, Simon Peter, one of Jesus' disciples, became a strong leader in the Jewish Christian movement. Later James, most likely Jesus' brother, took over leadership. These followers of Christ viewed themselves as a reform movement within Judaism yet they continued to follow many of the Jewish laws.

At this time Saul, originally one of the strongest persecutors of the early Jewish Christians, had a blinding vision of Jesus Christ on the road to Damascus, and became a Christian. Adopting the name Paul, he became the greatest evangelist of the early Christian church. Paul's ministry, also called Pauline Christianity, was directed mainly to Gentiles rather than Jews. In subtle ways, the early church was already becoming divided.

Another belief system at this time was Gnostic Christianity, which believed they had received a “higher knowledge” and taught that Jesus was a spirit being, sent by God to impart knowledge to humans so that they could escape the miseries of life on earth.

In addition to Gnostic, Jewish, and Pauline Christianity, there were already many other versions of Christianity being taught. After the fall of Jerusalem in 70 AD, the Jewish Christian movement was scattered. Pauline and Gnostic Christianity were left as the dominant groups.

The Roman Empire recognized Pauline Christianity as a valid religion in 313 AD. Later in that century, it became the official religion of the Empire, and during the following 1000 years, Catholics were the only people recognized as Christians.

In 1054 AD, a formal split occurred between the Roman Catholic and Eastern Orthodox churches. This division remains in effect today. The 1054 split, also known as the Great East-West Schism marks an important date in the history of all Christian denominations because it designates the very first major division in Christianity and the beginning of “denominations.” For more about the East-West division, visit Eastern Orthodox History.

The next major division occurred in the 16th century with the Protestant Reformation. The Reformation was ignited in 1517 when Martin Luther posted his 95 Theses, but the Protestant movement did not officially begin until 1529. It was during this year that the “Protestation” was published by German princes who wanted the freedom to choose the faith of their territory. They called for individual interpretation of Scripture and religious freedom.

The Reformation marked the beginning of denominationalism as we see it today. This look back at history is possibly the best way to make sense of the incredible volume and variety of Christian denominations today.

Those who remained faithful to Roman Catholicism believed that the central regulation of doctrine by church leaders was necessary to prevent confusion and division within the church and corruption of its beliefs. On the contrary, those who broke away from the church believed this central control was what led to the corruption of the true faith.

Protestants insisted that believers be allowed to read the Word of God for themselves. Up until this time the Bible was only made available in Latin.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Jesus is not God and God says HE is not a man

Why do you not Worship The God of Jesus

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ June 27 2010,10:19)

Greetings B…..”Jesus is not God and God says he not a man”…to quote you……
    B… there is but one God…and I know this will bring into question a miriad of issues….The thing that my faith has shown me and, is tried and true is…”All things are possible with God” and nothing is possible without him….God has the ability to do anything and that includes reproducing himself…which he intends to do again… times multiple Billions….This is his plan and has been his plan from creation…
    God gave his law to ancient Israel and over the centuries up to and including the ministry of Jesus his law was changed ,amended and ignored for convience….We must not forget that his law was purposed for education and correction and is an intricate part of his plan for us….The Father sacraficed the devinity of his Word (the means by which he creates..” Let there be light” and there was light) and decided that in order to effect correction and offer a perfect sacrafice it would be neccessary to dwell among men…and so the Word became flesh and dwelt among men….( This man was Jesus )While Jesus ministered he was of the flesh having Gods spirit and power(duly noted by multiple miracles one of which was Lazarus' raising from the dead,nothwithstanding his own resurection.)…At this time he was man…After his resurection he was God and seated at the right hand of the father…We must worship God and all that he is….GOD IS

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (theodorej @ July 12 2010,00:57)

B… there is but one God…and I know this will bring into question a miriad of issues….The thing that my faith has shown me and, is tried and true is…”All things are possible with God” and nothing is possible without him….God has the ability to do anything and that includes reproducing himself…which he intends to do again… times multiple Billions….This is his plan and has been his plan from creation…
    God gave his law to ancient Israel and over the centuries up to and including the ministry of Jesus his law was changed ,amended and ignored for convience….We must not forget that his law was purposed for education and correction and is an intricate part of his plan for us….The Father sacraficed the devinity of his Word (the means by which he creates..” Let there be light” and there was light) and decided that in order to effect correction and offer a perfect sacrafice it would be neccessary to dwell among men…and so the Word became flesh and dwelt among men….( This man was Jesus )While Jesus ministered he was of the flesh having Gods spirit and power(duly noted by multiple miracles one of which was Lazarus' raising from the dead,nothwithstanding his own resurection.)…At this time he was man…After his resurection he was God and seated at the right hand of the father…We must worship God and all that he is….GOD IS

It appears you are saying that having overcome the world Jesus became GOD or a god and I would have to disagree not on the issue of him being like GOD but on the basis that There is only ONE TRUE GOD and Jesus is at his right hand not as “God” but as CHRIST if Jesus became a HIGH PRIEST forever in the order of Malchezidek either you are saying the order of Melchezidek is the order of “gods” or that Jesus is a god over Melcezidek which could not be because he is being placed in the order of Melchezidek

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 12 2010,02:34)

It appears you are saying that having overcome the world Jesus became GOD or a god and I would have to disagree not on the issue of him being like GOD but on the basis that There is only ONE TRUE GOD and Jesus is at his right hand not as “God” but as CHRIST if Jesus became a HIGH PRIEST forever in the order of Malchezidek either you are saying the order of Melchezidek is the order of “gods” or that Jesus is a god over Melcezidek which could not be because he is being placed in the order of Melchezidek

Greetings B…..I would think there is no pecking order in the God Family/God head….All that is God is one…

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (theodorej @ July 12 2010,23:01)

Greetings B…..I would think there is no pecking order in the God  Family/God head….All that is God is one…

But All that “is” God, IS GOD alone and there were no gods formed before HIM and none will be formed after HIM so there is no family of gods called “GOD”

GOD is THE SUPREME BEING ALONE

Allah. There is no god but He,-the Living, the Self-subsisting, Eternal. No slumber can seize Him nor sleep. His are all things in the heavens and on earth. Who is there can intercede in His presence except as He permitteth? He knoweth what (appeareth to His creatures as) before or after or behind them. Nor shall they compass aught of His knowledge except as He willeth. His throne doth extend over the heavens and the earth, and He feeleth no fatigue in guarding and preserving them for He is the Most High, the Supreme (in glory).
    ( سورة البقرة , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #255)

dspesh
    Participant

You say: “Jesus is not God”
    But the Bible says:
    I and my Father are one. John 10:30
    You say: “God says he not a man” and I ask you where?
    You also said you quoted me, however you quoted me incorrectly Sir.
    The Bible says:
    No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him. John 1:18
    You said:”there is but one God” Amen… No argument there!  
    You said: “The thing that my faith has shown me and, is tried and true is…”All things are possible with God” and nothing is possible without him”… and once again I ask you: Where are your passages?  Faith in and of itself is empty without the WORD of God, AKA, the BIBLE.
    You said: “….God has the ability to do anything and that includes reproducing himself…which he intends to do again…” WHAT?
    You need scriptures. God is not going to reproduce himself again. Jesus is coming again
    The Bible says: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 1 Thess 4:17
    You said: “God gave his law to ancient Israel and over the centuries up to and including the ministry of Jesus his law was changed”
    Your wrong sir. God’s Law never changed, however, in the New Testament we are not under the law, we are under Grace. But God is the same, Yesterday, Today, and Forever.  
    You say: After his resurrection he was God and seated at the right hand of the father
    The Bible says:
    Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God. Isaiah 44:6

[/B]

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (dspesh @ July 13 2010,12:14)
    You say: “Jesus is not God”
    But the Bible says:
    I and my Father are one. John 10:30
    You say: “God says he not a man” and I ask you where?
    You also said you quoted me, however you quoted me incorrectly Sir.
    The Bible says:
    No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him. John 1:18
    You said:”there is but one God” Amen… No argument there!  
    You said: “The thing that my faith has shown me and, is tried and true is…”All things are possible with God” and nothing is possible without him”… and once again I ask you: Where are your passages?  Faith in and of itself is empty without the WORD of God, AKA, the BIBLE.
    You said: “….God has the ability to do anything and that includes reproducing himself…which he intends to do again…” WHAT?
    You need scriptures. God is not going to reproduce himself again. Jesus is coming again
    The Bible says: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 1 Thess 4:17
    You said: “God gave his law to ancient Israel and over the centuries up to and including the ministry of Jesus his law was changed”
    Your wrong sir. God’s Law never changed, however, in the New Testament we are not under the law, we are under Grace. But God is the same, Yesterday, Today, and Forever.  
    You say: After his resurrection he was God and seated at the right hand of the father
    The Bible says:
    Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God. Isaiah 44:6

[/B]

I will not execute the fierceness of mine anger, I will not return to destroy Ephraim: for I am God, and not man; the Holy One in the midst of thee: and I will not enter into the city.
    Hosea 11:8-10

God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?
    Numbers 23:18-20

Now in regards to your taking literally Jesus saying I and the Father are one:

And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:
    John 17:21-23

Now how were they all one accept in Unity and purpose.

Jesus also said:

Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.
    John 14:27-29

Now who can be greater than God? Jesus even specifically tells you

And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

So the ONLY TRUE GOD sent Jesus Christ
    John 17:2-4

These are the direct words of Jesus will you still not believe? Jesus is not God

…”All things are possible with God”

That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us:
    Hebrews 6:17-19

God says that HE is not a man and I believe HIM, do you?

Ed J
    Participant

Hi dspesh,

BD stops believing The Bible when the 'book of fraud'(=quran book) contradicts The Bible.
    For example BD doesn't believe in the Gospel, because the 'book of fraud' teaches against it.

Gal.1:6-9 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you
    into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: Which is not another; but there
    be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. But though we,
    or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have
    preached unto you, let him be accursed. As we said before, so say I now again, If any
    man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

2Cor.11:14-15 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
    Therefore it is no great thing if [Satan's ministers] also be transformed as the
    ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 13 2010,08:24)

Greetings B…..I would think there is no pecking order in the God  Family/God head….All that is God is one…

But All that “is” God, IS GOD alone and there were no gods formed before HIM and none will be formed after HIM so there is no family of gods called “GOD”

Allah. There is no god but He,-the Living, the Self-subsisting, Eternal. No slumber can seize Him nor sleep. His are all things in the heavens and on earth. Who is there can intercede in His presence except as He permitteth? He knoweth what (appeareth to His creatures as) before or after or behind them. Nor shall they compass aught of His knowledge except as He willeth. His throne doth extend over the heavens and the earth, and He feeleth no fatigue in guarding and preserving them for He is the Most High, the Supreme (in glory).  
    (  سورة البقرة  , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #255)

Greetings B….Before Jesus became man…he was the essense of Gods creative power..( aka ” The Word”)…and in conjunction with the Spirit all things were created…”Let us Make man in our likeness” ” Let there be Light” as you can see the Eternal speaks by virtue of his word and through the power of his spirit he creates…

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ July 13 2010,14:58)
    Hi dspesh,

BD stops believing The Bible when the 'book of fraud'(=quran book) contradicts The Bible.
    For example BD doesn't believe in the Gospel, because the 'book of fraud' teaches against it.

be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. But though we,
    or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have
    preached unto you, let him be accursed. As we said before, so say I now again, If any
    man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

2Cor.11:14-15 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
    Therefore it is no great thing if [Satan's ministers] also be transformed as the

God bless

And We caused Jesus, son of Mary, to follow in their footsteps, confirming that which was (revealed) before him in the Torah, and We bestowed on him the gospel wherein is guidance and a light, confirming that which was (revealed) before it in the Torah – a guidance and an admonition unto those who ward off (evil).
    ( سورة المائدة , Al-Maeda, Chapter #5, Verse #46)

The Gospel of Jesus is the Gospel of the Kingdom of God:

And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people.
    Matthew 4:22-24

And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
    Matthew 24:13-15

Jesus taught the Gospel God gave him to teach but most Christians teach another gospel that paul created and that is the Gospel about Jesus not of Jesus and that is why the end hasn't come yet it's because the TRUE GOSPEL must be preached to all.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (theodorej @ July 14 2010,02:09)

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 13 2010,08:24)

(  سورة البقرة  , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #255)

Greetings B….Before Jesus became man…he was the essense of Gods creative power..( aka ” The Word”)…and in conjunction with the Spirit all things were created…”Let us Make man in our likeness” ” Let there be Light” as you can see the Eternal speaks by virtue of his word and through the power of his spirit he creates…

Behold! the angels said: “O Mary! Allah giveth thee glad tidings of a word from Him: his name will be Christ Jesus, the son of Mary, held in honour in this world and the Hereafter and of (the company of) those nearest to Allah.
    ( سورة آل عمران , Aal-e-Imran, Chapter #3, Verse #45)

Aal-e-Imran, Chapter #3

47 She said: “O my Lord! How shall I have a son when no man hath touched me?” He said: “Even so: Allah createth what He willeth: When He hath decreed a plan, He but saith to it, 'Be,' and it is!
    48 “And Allah will teach him the Book and Wisdom, the Law and the Gospel,

O People of the Book! Commit no excesses in your religion: Nor say of Allah aught but the truth. Christ Jesus the son of Mary was (no more than) an apostle of Allah, and His Word, which He bestowed on Mary, and a spirit proceeding from Him: so believe in Allah and His apostles. Say not “Trinity” : desist: it will be better for you: for Allah is one Allah. Glory be to Him: (far exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belong all things in the heavens and on earth. And enough is Allah as a Disposer of affairs.
    ( سورة النساء , An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #171)

You actually are very close to understanding it the way it is here in the Quran.

Remember Adam was formed from the earth first and then God breathed life into him but God formed Jesus with the same creative power he created all things through “His Word” so this is how Jesus came from above. But when God's word becomes flesh it doesn't make the flesh become God if that were the case all things God created would be God after they became created, you see what I mean?

Please study these verses from the Quran

dspesh
    Participant

John 8:24
    I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

John 3:3
    Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Acts 2:37-41 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?  38Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. …(there it is…the born again that Jesus spoke of)
    Death – Burial – Resurrection  
    Repent – Baptized – Holy Ghost

Without Jesus we cannot enter the Kingdom of God…

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (dspesh @ July 15 2010,22:22)

I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

Jesus is talking about him being the promised Messiah not God Almighty.

Luke 1:32-34 (New King James Version)
    32 He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Highest; and the Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David. 33 And He will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of His kingdom there will be no end.”

Notice that Jesus (a Man) is receiving the throne and Kingdom of a Man.

Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

John 3:8 (English Standard Version)
    8 The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit.”

Acts 2:37-41 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do? 38Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. …(there it is…the born again that Jesus spoke of)

John also baptized for the remission of sins and those who were baptized by John were not told they needed to be baptized again or that there baptism didn't count

Matthew 21:32 (New King James Version)
    32 For John came to you in the way of righteousness, and you did not believe him; but tax collectors and harlots believed him; and when you saw it, you did not afterward relent and believe him.

Matthew 21:31 (New King James Version)
    31 Which of the two did the will of his father?”
    They said to Him, “The first.”
    Jesus said to them, “Assuredly, I say to you that tax collectors and harlots enter the kingdom of God before you.

“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.
    Matthew 7:20-22

For whoever does the will of My Father in heaven is My brother and sister and mother.”
    Matthew 12:49-50

I hope you understand what I am teaching you here and yet it is not me but Christ teaching you, will you listen?

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Jesus got baptized by John and he had to go through John if Jesus was God as you have been believing why would God need to be baptized? So before Jesus started his ministry John was the way and as he said:

He must increase, but I must decrease.
    John 3:29-31

John baptized for the remission of sins without any blood sacrifice being needed:

John 3:25-27 (New King James Version)
    25 Then there arose a dispute between some of John’s disciples and the Jews about purification. 26 And they came to John and said to him, “Rabbi, He who was with you beyond the Jordan, to whom you have testified—behold, He is baptizing, and all are coming to Him!”
    27 John answered and said, “A man can receive nothing unless it has been given to him from heaven.

There you have it John is calling Jesus a “man” approved of by God. If Jesus was God wouldn't John have said so?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 14 2010,11:40)

Quote (Ed J @ July 13 2010,14:58)
    Hi dspesh,

God bless

And We caused Jesus, son of Mary, to follow in their footsteps, confirming that which was (revealed) before him in the Torah, and We bestowed on him the gospel wherein is guidance and a light,confirming that which was (revealed) before it in the Torah – a guidance and an admonition unto those who ward off (evil).  
    (  سورة المائدة  , Al-Maeda, Chapter #5, Verse #46)

The Gospel of Jesus is the Gospel of the Kingdom of God:

And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people.
    Matthew 4:22-24

And [this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
    Matthew 24:13-15

Jesus taught the Gospel God gave him to teach but most Christians teach another gospel that paul created and that is the Gospel about Jesus not of Jesus and that is why the end hasn't come yet it's because the TRUE GOSPEL must be preached to all.

Hi Everyone,

Here is BD admitting that he doesn't believe in “The Gospel”!

Ed J

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 14 2010,11:52)
    Glory be to Him: (far exalted is He) above having a son.

Hi Everybody,

Here BD admits his view is 'antichrist'! (1John 2:22)
    1John 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is
    the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

Ed J

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ July 16 2010,15:34)

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 14 2010,11:52)
    Glory be to Him: (far exalted is He) above having a son.

Hi Everybody,

Here BD admits his view is 'antichrist'! (1John 2:22)
    1John 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is
    the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

Ed J

So you believe that the word Son=Christ?

I certainly believe that Jesus is Christ

I also believe that God is our Guardian

I don't believe that God is a Male or a Female

Do you believe that God is a Male?

dspesh
    Participant

Jesus is talking about him being the promised Messiah not God Almighty. –
    ** the promised Messiah “is” the God Almighty — 1 Timothy 3:16
    And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

32 He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Highest; and the Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David. 33 And He will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of His kingdom there will be no end.”
    **The LORD made the seed of Abraham (David and Jacob) his chosen people in the Old Testament, covered by the time period of the LAW. What he is saying here is that Jesus would save all people who believe and are born again; changing the time period from LAW to GRACE.
    **Genesis 28:13 (King James Version)And, behold, the LORD stood above it, and said, I am the LORD God of Abraham thy father, and the God of Isaac: the land whereon thou liest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed;
    **Not the kingdom of a Man…. The Kingdom of Heaven…Matthew 16:18-19 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. 19And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

8 The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit.”
    ** You prove no point against mine here. John 3:3 states you must be born again, John 3:8 does not rebuttal that at all.

Acts 2:37-41 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?  38Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. …(there it is…the born again that Jesus spoke of)
    John also baptized for the remission of sins and those who were baptized by John were not told they needed to be baptized again or that there baptism didn't count
    **Their baptism did not count, because it was not in the name of Jesus, and Jesus had not been buried and resurrected yet, when they had been baptized.  Acts 4:12
    Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
    32 For John came to you in the way of righteousness, and you did not believe him; but tax collectors and harlots believed him; and when you saw it, you did not afterward relent and believe him.

Jesus said to them, “Assuredly, I say to you that tax collectors and harlots enter the kingdom of God before you.
    **What Jesus was doing when he was talking about the story of the two sons… was stating how our own self righteousness can keep us from God and the ones who think they are going to enter the Kingdom of God the most, may not, because they are not humble before God. ** This does not discount my point that without Jesus we cannot enter the Kingdom of God AT ALL.
    “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.
    ** Again this does not discount my point the without Jesus we cannot enter the Kingdom of God.

For whoever does the will of My Father in heaven is My brother and sister and mother.”

I hope you understand what I am teaching you here and yet it is not me but Christ teaching you, will you listen? – No, you have proved nothing.

Jesus got baptized by John and he had to go through John if Jesus was God as you have been believing why would God need to be baptized? So before Jesus started his ministry John was the way and as he said:
    ** Jesus did not have to be baptized… he did it for an example for us.

** Jesus was all of God that could fit into a human body, but he was also all man, this verse is speaking of the flesh, it does not disprove my point.

John baptized for the remission of sins without any blood sacrifice being needed:
    ** Very good that is why John’s disciples had to be baptized again… see you answered you own question.

25 Then there arose a dispute between some of John’s disciples and the Jews about purification. 26 And they came to John and said to him, “Rabbi, He who was with you beyond the Jordan, to whom you have testified—behold, He is baptizing, and all are coming to Him!”
    27 John answered and said, “A man can receive nothing unless it has been given to him from heaven.

There you have it John is calling Jesus a “man” approved of by God. If Jesus was God wouldn't John have said so?

**speaking about Jesus as being a man is not incorrect. As I stated earlier, Jesus was a man, as well as God.

[/QUOTE]

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (dspesh @ July 16 2010,16:23)

Jesus is talking about him being the promised Messiah not God Almighty. –
    ** the promised Messiah “is” the God Almighty — 1 Timothy 3:16
    And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

**The LORD made the seed of Abraham (David and Jacob) his chosen people in the Old Testament, covered by the time period of the LAW. What he is saying here is that Jesus would save all people who believe and are born again; changing the time period from LAW to GRACE.
    **Genesis 28:13 (King James Version)And, behold, the LORD stood above it, and said, I am the LORD God of Abraham thy father, and the God of Isaac: the land whereon thou liest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed;
    **Not the kingdom of a Man…. The Kingdom of Heaven…Matthew 16:18-19 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. 19And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

** You prove no point against mine here. John 3:3 states you must be born again, John 3:8 does not rebuttal that at all.

**Their baptism did not count, because it was not in the name of Jesus, and Jesus had not been buried and resurrected yet, when they had been baptized.  Acts 4:12
    Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

**What Jesus was doing when he was talking about the story of the two sons… was stating how our own self righteousness can keep us from God and the ones who think they are going to enter the Kingdom of God the most, may not, because they are not humble before God. ** This does not discount my point that without Jesus we cannot enter the Kingdom of God AT ALL.
    ** Again this does not discount my point the without Jesus we cannot enter the Kingdom of God.

I hope you understand what I am teaching you here and yet it is not me but Christ teaching you, will you listen? – No, you have proved nothing.

** Jesus did not have to be baptized… he did it for an example for us.

** Jesus was all of God that could fit into a human body, but he was also all man, this verse is speaking of the flesh, it does not disprove my point.

** Very good that is why John’s disciples had to be baptized again… see you answered you own question.

**speaking about Jesus as being a man is not incorrect. As I stated earlier, Jesus was a man, as well as God.

[/QUOTE]

If the baptism of John didn't count then the baptism Jesus received didn't count.

You should be careful about asserting things that are not scripture. Show me where their baptism didn't count.

1 Timothy 3:16 does not say that Jesus is God Almighty it says that God was manifest in the flesh, which means God was made evident through Jesus just as he was made evident in others that did Miracles which were many before Jesus.

There is no changing of the Law to Grace otherwise Killing and lying would not end you up in hell, are you saying sin does not exist anymore or that there is no penalty for sin?

Does the Bible say Jesus will receive the throne of his Father David? YES!

Is David GOD? NO!

Where can you show me that Jesus was baptized as an example for us? If you do not show me then you are making up something that could be a lie so if you cannot show this in the bible you should post back that YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE SAID THAT

Johns disciples did not get baptized again in-fact Jesus 's disciples got baptized by John

John 3:22-27 (King James Version)

22After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea;
    and there he tarried with them, and baptized.

23And John also was baptizing in Aenon near to Salim, because there was much water there: and they came, and were baptized.

Now you been proven to be wrong so you should repent from saying things that are incorrect if John's baptism wasn't effective why would he have continued to baptize.

I have already shown you God is not a man

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account