The last generation will only hear things that “tickle their ears”

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    Miia
    Participant

Hi Nick. An increase in knowledge –  it depends what the knowledge is of and where it’s from.

I’m glad I increased in knowledge from God compared to what little I knew beforehand.

I’m glad I increased in knowledge of peace from where I was…

I’m glad to have increased in work knowledge. I keep kids safer in a way.

However, too much knowledge through reading is not a good thing… the mystery of God has got lost in satanic distractions like Facebook, online Scrabble or endless forum opinion and debate. Apparently the average adult now has the attention span of a goldfish.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Miia…..Your right we do sometimes get into endless debates, but i think we do also learn things from each also, as long as we maintain love for each other, thats what is really important, IMO. WE NOW ONLY SEE IN PART, BUT IN TIME TO COME, WE WILL SEE CLEARLY.

Peace and love to you and yours. ……….gene

Miia
    Participant

Very true Gene. Forums can be good, or could be great if managed the right way and so long as the members are understanding.

Facebook, scrabble, world news and weather, photos etc are all too distracting though, at least for me. They take the focus off God, and I see them as a very cunning (satanic), anti Godly manipulation which is very hard to control much like alcohol, drugs and other worldly distractions are for people.

Proclaimer
    Participant

You offer MORNING STAR MINISTRIES under Rick Joyner.

They are trinity worshipers.

There is much deception in the world and the Church is obviously not without blemish either.

Rather than reject brothers because they have faults even serious ones, and rather than reject all except for myself which is what many self righteous do, I still listen to others even if they do not have complete light in the area of doctrine. I do not consider myself to be the truth and am happy to let iron sharpen iron because I know that I have faults too.

Should I reject all you say because you believe that Jesus was mostly not the Christ, until the last few years? Surely you are seriously wrong on that, yet I would still listen to you and quote you of you said something true and helpful.

Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T8,

If you could grasp prophecy you would not see others as enemies.

NickHassan
    Participant

‘Hi Jodi,

Indeed our God does not tempt anyone.

He does sometimes allow Satan to test men though..

That is why we ask daily to be kept from hard testing. mt 6.18

rev 2

I know the slander you endure from self styled Jews who are nothing other than members of Satan’s assembly.

Have no fear of the suffering to come. The devil will indeed cast some of you into prison to put you to the test; you will be tried over a period of 10 days.Remain faithful until death and I will give you the crown of life.’

Did you get confused between Satan and his human agents?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Enemies?

I simply correct and sometimes rebuke using scripture because it is necessary. If I didn’t do it, then I would be complicit to a degree.

Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage–with great patience and careful instruction.

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,

Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as his children. For what children are not disciplined by their father?

No need to be confused if I use scripture to correct you or anyone else Nick. You can rest assured that I am just defending the truth if I quote scripture. It is not about misunderstanding prophecy. If I quote scripture verbatim and you disagree, then the only conclusion is you disagree with the scripture, or at least feel it is inadequate and needs your special reinforcing to perfect God’s work yourself.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T8,

We are all limited in our perception of spiritual truth.

Do not be quick to judge as you may learn more.

Proclaimer
    Participant

No, I do not support Morning Star Ministries. I do not know enough about it.

I quote Rick Joyner’s words because I think he has a specific valid point.

Please do not jump to rash conclusions. Bridle thyself as it will help keep the peace.

AndrewAD
    Participant

What”tickles the ears” of many Christians is hearing they are the last generation, but every generation including Jesus’s has been.

Proclaimer
    Participant

What”tickles the ears” of many Christians is hearing they are the last generation, but every generation including Jesus’s has been.

And our own lives are shorter than waiting for the return of the messiah.

So best to say that we meet God when we die and possibly before that if the messiah returns. And we can die any day.

In saying that. Jesus was often specific about a certain generation with descriptions that are pretty close to these days more than any other.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Of course, 20 years from now, a generation might even be closer to that description.

Of course, we must always be ready because we do not know what day will be our last.

Miia
    Participant

@AndrewAD

Jesus will come at a time is least expected.

Bible says that in the last days will be critical times hard to deal with.
    Men will be lovers of themselves rather than lovers of God.
    They will have a form of Godly devotion but prove false to its power.
    Dos that not sound like today: men being lovers of themselves, critical times that for the intuitive Christian are definitely hard to deal with (but not in the way most would assume) – and Jesus saying he will come at a time that is least expected, when people are half asleep?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Yes true miia.

Seems weird. On one hand we have the signs to tell us, and on the other, it comes by surprise,

They key is this verse I feel.

But you, brothers and sisters, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Hi T8,

If you could grasp prophecy you would not see others as enemies.

Nick, I do not speak to you that I do because of my grasp or lack of grasp for prophecy.

No. It is your reluctance to say yes or no and your accusations toward others here saying they are not being led by the Spirit when what you really mean is not believing in your doctrine. The religious world is full of judgemental people who will be held to account for all the people they hindered into the Kingdom when they were at knocking at the door. What I say is true. The Pharisees will be judged for doing that and so will all religious bigots. I hope no one here is or becomes one of these. But the relality is, some choose to be that person and for some, it will be too late to say sorry when they realise what they became.

Miia
    Participant

Yes true miia.

Seems weird. On one hand we have the signs to tell us, and on the other, it comes by surprise,

They key is this verse I feel.

But you, brothers and sisters, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief.

Hi t8.

Firstly, that verse is about “that day” sneaking up on us like a thief.

“That day” is obviously the day which Peter speaks about in the chapter of 2nd Peter 3.

So we have to be ready for “that day”, and not some other day. Our beliefs on that day have to be solid (so we are not misled).

Secondly… It’s starting to make sense to me. There are many today who prophecy that the end is coming, and show us signs. But are they awake or are they half asleep. If they are living in sin then they are half asleep. They are not ready.

If we can overcome the temptations of the world, and understand how God is feeling and perhaps why God is silent. If we can see that our own sins are distancing us from God, merely by we ourselves distancing ourselves from God by the walls we put up, then… to simply return to God through overcoming our own obstacles… would mean that with God we would be awake and not half asleep. If that makes sense?

God is love, and God forgives us.

Someone said to me today that God is just waiting.

But that day will come like a thief in the night. When people least expect it.

People look for signs. They look for war and suffering on a global scale. To me, the sign is complacency, among other things.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

Matt 16.22

Peter took him aside and began to rebuke him saying

’God forbid it Lord! This shall never happen to you’

But he turned and said to Peter

’Get behind me satan! You are a stumbling block to me; for you are not setting your mind on God’s interests but man’s’

So the first attack on the kingdom by Satan was to offer humanism instead of the truth of God.

Greek logic philosophy infiltrated the teachings and gained acceptance.

Isaac Newton too, is regarded as a humanist.

AndrewAD
    Participant

“Jesus was often specific about a certain generation with descriptions that are pretty close to these days more than any other.”

Yes Jesus was specific about a certain generation but in the context of those descriptions is the destruction of the Jerusalem of his own time. The descriptions are closer to his own time than any other. And Jesus was very specific when he said “Truly I say unto you there are some standing here who shall not taste death until they see the kingdom of God after it has come with power” and this idea is reiterated throughout the gospels.

The last days and second coming have always tickled peoples ears and throughout Christian history every generation has been the last with differing prophecy scenarios for each one.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Isaac Newton too, is regarded as a humanist.

ha ha ha. By who and what authority?

Regarded by who, Nick?

I see you like to judge all but yourself.

We should judge ourselves first because we will meet God and give an account. Better now than then.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T8,

amen

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 54 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account