The knowledge of good

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 147 total)
  • Author
    Cindy
    Participant

Gen!  Sorry that I do not agree with you, Satan is a real being, spirit being. He was a beautiful Angel, until iniquity was found in him. He fell like lightning to this earth, were we are being tested with, like Jesus was and Job.
    Luke 10: 18… ” I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven.
    We also know that the serpent was in Paradise, where Eve was deceived.
    Love to you too, Irene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Irene…….If you are referring to the Scriptures in Isa 14:12-20…> Verse 16..> They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this (THE MAN) that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;

Jesus also said PETER was SATAN, Irene do you believe that after all Jesus said it right. He even said one of those He picked was a devil do you believe that, and the Pharisee were children of the devil. Do you believe that they were literally children of a DEVIL BEING of some KIND. or were Children of an (ADVERSARIAL) SPIRIT (INTELLECT).

peace and love…………………….gene

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ May 22 2009,23:14)
    Irene…….If you are referring to the Scriptures in Isa 14:12-20…> Verse 16..> They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this (THE MAN) that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;

Jesus also said PETER was SATAN, Irene do you believe that after all Jesus said it right. He even said one of those He picked was a devil do you believe that, and the Pharisee were children of the devil. Do you believe that they were literally children of a DEVIL BEING of some KIND. or were Children of an (ADVERSARIAL) SPIRIT (INTELLECT).  

peace and love…………………….gene

Have you ever considered that Jesus was pointing out that Peter's actions were being directed by Satan at that moment of time.  I assume you have read scripture that states that all are servants of sin under the law and we know Satan is the lord of sin.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Kerwin……That is what False (IDOLATRY) teachings can do they can cause you you add to what is said in order to produce another perspective. But Jesus did not say, get behind me Peter because you are bing influence and controlled by SATAN, Did He? so why try to make that fit then? Jesus called Peter Himself a SATAN as Scripture say He did. He plainly Said He chose them all ,and one of them was (A DEVIL), not one of them was controlled by a Devil Being of some kind. To give Power to an unknown Being is nothing more than IDOLATRY, because you are empowering something the is not real, the same as when people fall down to Idols of Stone or wood or metal, that is still empowering something that is not real. This applies also to the concepts of a SATAN or DEVIL (BEING). This also creates Phobias and infects the minds of People to cause them to believe in unreal and Supernatural Mysteries . Jodi explained this form of Idolatry right . IMO

peace and love……………………gene

kerwin
    Participant

Gene wrote:

This also creates Phobias and infects the minds of People to cause them to believe in unreal and Supernatural Mysteries .

That is what Secularist teach but God teaches that Satan and demons exist.

Gene wrote:

But Jesus did not say, get behind me Peter because you are bing influence and controlled by SATAN, Did He?

So according to you Jesus must speak exactly as you dictate because that is what you sound like you are stating.  Jesus spoke exactly the way he chose to and I was asking if perhaps he meant that Satan was obeying Peter's action just like he later prompted Judas.

John 13:2(KJV) reads:

And supper being ended, the devil having now put into the heart of Judas Iscariot, Simon's son, to betray him;

later in the same chapter we are told.

John 13:26-27(KJV) reads:

Jesus answered, He it is, to whom I shall give a sop, when I have dipped it. And when he had dipped the sop, he gave it to Judas Iscariot, the son of Simon. And after the sop Satan entered into him. Then said Jesus unto him, That thou doest, do quickly.

Still my purpose is fulfilled since I merely meant to point out their are alternative ways to interpret scriptures and those ways are more consistent with other scriptures than the ones you choose.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Kerwin……….Jesus did not speak exactly as i dictate , I simple quoted Him, it is you who are trying to change what He said to mean something other then what he said Not me. Your Pride is getting in the way again brother.

You say there is alternative way to interpret Scriptures and those way are more consistent with other scriptures than the ones i Choose . What you really mean is it doesn't fit you personal view point. I quoted Scripture (EXACTLY) as Jesus Said it , and it makes Perfect since to me, without change it at all, Just Like John 1:1 does and i don't have to change a single word in the text and try to make it say something it does not say to fit anything , as you seem to have to do with your personal interpretations of scriptures. IMO

peace and love………………………gene

Cindy
    Participant

Gene I know that you at on time beloned to the W,W,Church of God. So who taught you that there is no Satan as a Spiritual being.
    Irene

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ May 23 2009,21:10)
    Kerwin……….Jesus did not speak exactly as i dictate , I simple quoted Him, it is you who are trying to change what He said to mean something other then what he said Not me. Your Pride is getting in the way again brother.

You say there is alternative way to interpret Scriptures and those way are more consistent with other scriptures than the ones i Choose . What you really mean is it doesn't fit you personal view point. I quoted Scripture (EXACTLY) as Jesus Said it , and it makes Perfect since to me, without change it at all, Just Like John 1:1 does and i don't have to change a single word in the text and try to make it say something it does not say to fit anything , as you seem to have to do with your personal interpretations of scriptures. IMO

peace and love………………………gene

Words have fluid meaning chose to use that to misinterpret what Jesus stated to Peter.  I just proposed an alternative interpretation and then pointed to other scriptures that were obviously using the interpretation I proposed.  

It is obvious that your chosen interpretation is not consistent with other scriptures.

I am assuming that your misinterpretation comes from self delusion rather than being a lie you acknowledge to yourself. I hope you come to see it for what it is. 

Still I see no reason to consider further discussing this as I did the good I saw to do and have no real reason to defend myself for doing it except my corrupt desire to please others.

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ May 13 2009,14:56)
    Kerwin…….You are not seeing that a Word (IS) the expression of INTELLECT, It is how intellect is transfered between people and GOD. Jesus said the (words) He spoke (ARE SPIRIT). so why try to change what he said.  So if Jesus said a WORDS equals SPIRIT then a SPIRIT equals A WORDS. He said WORDS (ARE) SPIRIT. its no stretch to put it together. It is through words the intellects are transfered from one person to another, a mans thoughts is what He is, “SO a man thinks so he IS”.  Word express his thoughts from his mind they are expressions of intellects. If they were not then no one could learn from any words ,They transfer Knowledge from one to another and therefore that transfer intellect. WE recieve into us the thoughts (INTELLECT) of GOD through His words, How else could we come to know the WILL of GOD without His WORDS. IMO

peace and love…………………………gene

Gene: Great stuff! I've been trying to catch up on writings from the first of the month. Great stuff! Chosenone's Genesis writing was awsome. I was drawn to Genesis about three months ago in my studies and have several papers written very similar to chosenones. The dialoge between you and chosenone has been excellent and exciting. This is the type of cutting edge information that needs to be brought forth. Now to this quote about Spirit. Wow it feels good just to hear others confirming the Truth that is so often covered by trivial rhetoric. The True food of God is the Spirit. If we eat or partake of the words/spirit of Truth we become what we eat. This is the Baptism or emersion of the water of the word of God.Jesus said we must eat his flesh and drink his blood to have Life. His flesh is Truth Food. His blood is Truth
    Drink. We must take it in, partake of it and become ONE! Once we all began to see and understand Spirt Truth it will transform the New Testament. Thanks for the blessing, TK

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Kerwin………It's not me changing the text it is you who is changes it to meet you dogmas. Either you believe what Jesus said or not, don't have to change anything just understand it. If i quote it as it is written who are you to accuse me of being deluded, you would be better of trying to stick to subject matter then accusing me and others of things that are not true. Saying word have fluid meanings is only to cover you lack of understanding and to me that is oblivious. Those who Know the truth don't have to change anything, just believe it as it is written , which you seem not to be able to do. IMO

peace and love……………………….gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Tim Kraft……………. Thanks Tim, it truly good to see some that GOD lets understand the truth . Understanding Scripture requires us to understand it symbolic language. For instance to Eat (means to take to ones self) To drink (means the same). Jesus used it also when he said , Joh 6:53….> Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, Verily, I say unto you, Except you eat (take to yourself) the flesh of the son of man and drink (take to yourself) his blood, you have no life in you.  See how clear that makes Jesus' word and we did not have to change anything Just understand it. Which is something most can't seem to do. Tim. you are blessed if you know these things Brother.

peace and love to you and yours…………………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    Allegorising everything certainly makes it easier for you to plant your own seeds.
    But other plants will be pulled out.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………If they are “MY” “SEED” then prove it, I see you can't so you just come back and start personal attacks again, Because you are unable to perceive the truth doesn't mean everyone else can't. You should learn not to lie, alligatoring “EVERYTHING” . Some times Allegorical language, makes it easer to explain what is written too, when symbolic or allegorical Scripture language is used in the text. It need to be understood. IMO

peace and love……………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    You do not understand it.
    You have to mix in some of your own ideas for it to speak to you.
    If you truly understood scripture it would speak to you without your intellectual additions.

kerwin
    Participant

John 13:37(KJV) reads:

And after the sop Satan entered into him. Then said Jesus unto him, That thou doest, do quickly.

Who entered Judas?

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ May 16 2009,03:24)
    Irene……….I don't say there are no SATINS or Devils, we all have been Satan's and Devils at times. My difference is that i believe that the word Satan is simply reflectance of an (ADVERSARIAL SPIRIT) or (Intellect) and anyone can be one Even Peter was,  and the pharisees also. What they were saying and doing was a evidence of how they (thought) and it was an Adversarial (intellect) of Spirit. So Jesus was correct in saying they were of their FATHER the DEVIL (ADVERSARY). I believe the Spirit of rebellion to GOD is an ADVERSARY or SATAN, and this spirit infects the whole inhabited population of the earth. It not just (ONE) super being going around jumping in and out of people on  its own desire.  It is a internal force and must be overcome, its at the door of all our hearts, and with GOD help we can overcome it even as Jesus did. Irene Jodi is right in what she is saying sis.  IMO

love and peace to you and Georg and yours……………………..gene

Gene: This is right on. The Truth is—deception is not!
    Anything that comes against the Truth, is a lie or deception/devil. When the seed or word of God is sown in a mans heart, even if it is recieved immediately the devil commeth to take away the seed sown. Deception against the Truth comes to steal the Truth from a mans heart. There is only one Truth of God. All else is man made doctrines or religious ideas of Truth. This is the end time war. We don't fight against flesh and blood. We fight against deceivers or rulers of darkness of this world. Our enemy is not each other. Our enemy is deception of the Truth. The Truth is God, God is Love. Love is all there is in Truth. If we are in Truth we are in Love. Outside there is weeping and gnashing of teeth. Peace TK

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Tim Kraft……….How true, problem is most don't see the extent of the deceptions they have excepted as “truth”, The Great Whore Church has done her Job well in deceiving her children. Through various doctrines, of the Trinity, Preexistences, Satan and the devil, and on and on it goes, and as a result people are Plagued in their minds by theses false teachings. But those who have the (SPIRIT) (Intellect of Truth), can easily see through these false teachings, and will not follow any of them. Blessed are those who have eyes to see and ears to hear, they can (NOT) be decieved, because the Spirit (INTELLECT) of truth Abides in them. Tim count it joy that GOD has seen fit to show you these things.

peace and love to you and yours……………………………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    You have received such an intellect while others have not?
    We prefer the blessing of the Spirit of God.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……… Where have i said I have recieved “Such” an Intellect while other have Not. Those are you accusing words not mine, It is MY desire that GOD start holding you accountable for what is coming out of your own mouth, you just can't stop trying to make it personal again , can you just stay on subject instead of just mouthing of something. And it is obvious you really don't prefer the blessings of the Spirit of GOD, when you don't even know what Spirit is., Much less how it blesses, it appears. IMO

peace and loves ……………….Gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    True teachings are already written.
    The rest is gnosticism.

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 147 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account