The knowledge of good

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 147 total)
  • Author
    SEEKING
    Participant

nick wrote:

[/quote]

Posted: May 06 2009,21:46  

Nick  It was the tree of Knowledge that they ate of.  God took them out of Paradise so that they would not eat of the tree of life and live forever.
    Irene

Hi Irene,
    Is that what scripture says?

Gen 3:22  Then the LORD God said, “Behold, the man has become like one of us in knowing good and evil. Now, lest he reach out his hand and take also of the tree of life and eat, and live forever–”
    Gen 3:23  therefore the LORD God sent him out from the garden of Eden to work the ground from which he was taken.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi S,
    So what did Scripture call that tree?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi S,
    The point is a wrong version of the name of the tree is used by some to form the basis of false doctrines so we should be true to what is written.

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 07 2009,17:21)
    Hi Irene,
    Is that what scripture says?

Nick And I will repeat it was the tree of life that God was afraid of that they would eat of, and live forever. Yes it is written.
    Gen. 3:22.
    Irene
    P.S. your answers are bogus and accusing of false doctrine, that is so ridiculous, calling it a doctrine.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Irene,
    God is not of fear.
    The less attractive tree was never eaten from but vanity and lust of the eyes ruled among men.

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 08 2009,10:35)
    Hi Irene,
    God is not of fear.
    The less attractive tree was never eaten from but vanity and lust of the eyes ruled among men.

So Nick do you deny what God said about the Tree of Life? You are so unreasonable to say that I would ever believe that God fear's. Or do you deny that Scripture in Gen. 3:22?
    I truly can't believe you are saying that.
    Irene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Irene,
    I believe scripture.
    What are you struggling with?

Cindy
    Participant

Nick I am going to say one more thing and I will put this all to rest. You don't answers question etc.that is all, I will not waste my strength.
    Irene

chosenone
    Participant

Gods truth toward mankind today, why deny it?
    The most important truth for today is God’s present attitude toward mankind. Only those who have peace with God are reconciled to Him; nevertheless God is conciliated to all mankind. The estrangement between man and his Creator is a one-sided enmity. It is all on man’s side. God is not at war with mankind at all. This glorious truth, however, is denied by most of those who seek to preach the gospel; they usually picture Him as a distant and angry god, who must be sought, who must be implored, who must be entreated for the smallest favor! It is this distorted gospel which conceals the grace God displays in seeking and beseeching the sinner to be conciliated to Him. We find this glorious truth in 2 Corinthians 5:20,21, “For Christ, then, are we ambassadors, as of God entreating through us. We are beseeching: ‘For Christ’s sake be conciliated to God!’”

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    Really?
    A magic sacrifice that creates forgiveness for all?

What of faith?
    Whatever is not of faith is of sin.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    Really?
    A magic sacrifice that creates forgiveness for all?

What of faith?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………Haven't you read GOD GIVES (FAITH). YOU call it magic we call it the GIFT of GOD. YOUR assumed faith is your own creation and is not real faith but only speculations with out any proofs it appears. “Tell me this He that works (Miracles) among you does He do it by your (WORKS) or by HEARING of FAITH”. Have you seen this Proof, as we have in our lives, and those Proofs were not of our own doing, By or own so-called (FREE WILL) Choices as it is with you and a those who trust in themselves like you. IMO

peace and love……………………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    You have to walk by faith and not by sight.

Claiming to know a god of intellect is not of faith as the word does not even appear in the bible.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

NIck……….I cant believe you actually believe that, GOD has (NO) intellect,Do you even know the meaning of the word FAITH, Have you lost your mind? I believe MY GOD has all the intellect in the entire universe that has ever existed. If your Faith is based on Unintelligent understandings (YOU HAVE (NO) FAITH< just suppositions that can produce (NOTHING) in your life. No wonder you must base your salvation no your Own works, you seem to have (NO) real faith. Ask the FATHER to reveal himself to you, So even though you can't see Him , you can see his Hand in your life, which reveals him to you. You can not (GET) faith from reading the BIBLE , you must have a personal and real relationship with the FATHER . IMO

peace and love……………gene

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 11 2009,14:22)
    G,
    You have to walk by faith and not by sight.

Claiming to know a god of intellect is not of faith as the word does not even appear in the bible.

NH.
    Whose faith? You seem to think it's yours. Check the scriptures befor you contnue to boast!

Ph.3:9 …and may be found in Him, not having my righteousness, which is of law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is from God for faith:

Look ouward, toward God, NOT yourself.

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    Your search for a god of intellect can only separate you from the God of love.
    To fellowship with Him you must abide in the scriptures.

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 11 2009,14:53)
    G,
    Your search for a god of intellect can only separate you from the God of love.
    To fellowship with Him you must abide in the scriptures.

NH.
    So where in scripture is this “one eternal gospel for all” that you preach?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    Yes you have not heard it.
    So stand in the audience at Athens and listen to Paul in Acts 17.

All must repent…
    Can you hear it?

chosenone
    Participant

NH.
    Is this in the “One eternal gospel for all”? I don't have a copy of this gospel of yours, can you supply one for us?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……….Amen i believe my GOD has all the intellect that ever existed and will ever exist. He is truly a GOD of intellect and Knowledge and understanding and LOVE, which is (NOT) against any of these things. Show us where you god of no understanding and knowledge or intellect is the true GOD in SCRIPTURE. Nick you have no idea what you are saying brother.

peace and love…………….gene

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 147 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account