The Kingdom of Heaven

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 283 total)
  • Author
    shimmer
    Participant

BTW, By 'Her' I don't know who he was referring to. I was not in the conversation, in case you wondering.

It seems to me, from observation, that the more we think we are learning, the further away form the Father we get.

Though we probably cannot see it ourselves because we have become wise in our own eyes.

Only a child can rely on a Father properly. So, Jesus said, unless we become like a child, we will not see heaven.

Though we think we may.

Yes, you are right.. A Child is Teachable, and willing to trust. I believe that if we trust in God as our Father, we are ok.
    Trust is the key. If we dont trust, then, we rely, rather, on ourself.

Obediance is also a key. We have to have a conscience & know if we do wrong and try to fix it, or stop it.

We're either leading oursleves, or God is leading us. The world has become so sinful, though we cannot see it, because we are blind, or more, desensitised.

Or decieved.

Take care all of you.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (shimmer @ Oct. 01 2011,16:19)
    BTW, By 'Her' I don't know who he was referring to. I was not in the conversation, in case you wondering.

It seems to me, from observation, that the more we think we are learning, the further away form the Father we get.

Though we probably cannot see it ourselves because we have become wise in our own eyes.

Only a child can rely on a Father properly. So, Jesus said, unless we become like a child, we will not see heaven.

Though we think we may.

Yes, you are right.. A Child is Teachable, and willing to trust. I believe that if we trust in God as our Father, we are ok.
    Trust is the key. If we dont trust, then, we rely, rather, on ourself.

Obediance is also a key. We have to have a conscience & know if we do wrong and try to fix it, or stop it.

We're either leading oursleves, or God is leading us. The world has become so sinful, though we cannot see it, because we are blind, or more, desensitised.

Or decieved.

Take care all of you.

Shimmer………….Well put sis.

peace and love to you and yours…………………………..gene

shimmer
    Participant

Hey Gene! Thanks. I hope your well.

Pastry
    Participant

Shimmer!  I just have to tell you this since I know you too have had such experiences…
    For about a week we have been bombarded by negative Family problems… I especially have been talking to one of our Sons who has been having a lot of problems…. So all was very negative…. I also have been praying more and more, and telling God about this and  asking God for patience, strength and Love…. About a half an hour ago, I was sitting in the Kitchen talking to God….So much Love came over me that I thought I was going to bust…. it lasted for some time, until I went on here to tell you about it….
    These kinds if Spiritual experiences are so over  whelming…. Can you fathom how it will be when Jesus returns????  Wow, wow that will be the greatest day in  our lives…Best wishes to you and peace and love Irene

shimmer
    Participant

Irene that is GOOD! God is watching over you. I will never forget the feeling and I am continually reminded of it on a daily basis. God heals, and God saves us, through his righteous son Jesus. He takes our burdens, renews our strength, and gives us clear direction. I look forward to the day when all our hurts and pain will be gone. Much love to you Irene. God bless.

“Cast thy burden upon Jehovah, and he will sustain thee”

Pastry
    Participant

Quote (shimmer @ Oct. 06 2011,08:22)
    Irene that is GOOD! God is watching over you. I will never forget the feeling and I am continually reminded of it on a daily basis. God heals, and God saves us, through his righteous son Jesus. He takes our burdens, renews our strength, and gives us clear direction. I look forward to the day when all our hurts and pain will be gone. Much love to you Irene. God bless.

Good post, shimmer! It happened to me again…. I was talking to God about how Satan was testing Jesus, and since Satan tested
    Jesus, God will allow Satan to test us….
    The Love of God through Jesus filled me again…. It is the most awe some felling, how much God loves us….
    And to my mind came, EYE HATH NOT SEEN, EAR HATH NOT HEARD, PREPARED FOR THEM THAT, LOVE GOD…..There is a Song that uses those lyrics…..
    Best wishes and love and peace to you, Irene

david
    Participant

“David…………You are using your JW Bible translation to support you false teachings of the Kingdom of God…”

Gene, this is false and you know it's false because you know that the vast majority of Bibles translate it that way, and the few that don't, include the alternate translation in their footnotes.

Gene, if the NWT was the only Bible in existence to translate it that way, you may have a point. However, MOST Bible's translate it that way.

Every time you state otherwise, you are in effect saying things that you have to know are false. (I've shown you a few of the other Bible's repeatedly.)

terraricca
    Participant

all

when Christ was on earth ,the kingdom was among us ,but Christ has teach his disciples how to become part of that kingdom and so to let the kingdom enter the mind and heart and soul ,then the kingdom will be in us ,this kingdom is made according to the will of God ,and all who dwell within that kingdom are parts of the kingdom,this is how all is of God ,one will ,one truth,one love,

Pierre

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Oct. 10 2011,03:56)
    all

when Christ was on earth ,the kingdom was among us ,but Christ has teach his disciples how to become part of that kingdom and so to let the kingdom enter the mind and heart and soul ,then the kingdom will be in us ,this kingdom is made according to the will of God ,and all who dwell within that kingdom are parts of the kingdom,this is how all is of God ,one will ,one truth,one love,

Pierre

terricca………….Bingo!, “for the Kingdom of God comes not with observation it is within you”, and the word translated there is only used two places in scriptures and in both places it means IN as INSIDE of a person. No matter what DAVID says his JW bibles say or others for that matter say the Greek word is (IN) as inside a person . IMO

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (david @ Oct. 09 2011,17:56)
    “David…………You are using your JW Bible translation to support you false teachings of the Kingdom of God…”

Gene, this is false and you know it's false because you know that the vast majority of Bibles translate it that way, and the few that don't, include the alternate translation in their footnotes.  

Gene, if the NWT was the only Bible in existence to translate it that way, you may have a point.  However, MOST Bible's translate it that way.  

Every time you state otherwise, you are in effect saying things that you have to know are false.  (I've shown you a few of the other Bible's repeatedly.)

Gene do not ignore this.

Is this true?

shimmer
    Participant

Quote (Pastry @ Oct. 08 2011,17:20)

Quote (shimmer @ Oct. 06 2011,08:22)

Good post, shimmer!  It happened to me again…. I was talking to God about how Satan was testing Jesus, and since Satan tested
    Jesus, God will allow Satan to test us….
    The Love of God through Jesus filled me again…. It is the most awe some felling, how much God loves us….
    And to my mind came, EYE HATH NOT SEEN, EAR HATH NOT HEARD, PREPARED FOR THEM THAT, LOVE GOD…..There is a Song that uses those lyrics…..
    Best wishes and love and peace to you, Irene

Irene, im so happy for you:) may it keep us going. Blessings love to you Irene:)

shimmer
    Participant

Terra & Gene I think I agree with you. If we dont sin (which seperates us from God) then I do believe the kingdom of God (through the spirit of God within) is within. Maybe?

ftk
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Oct. 10 2011,03:56)
    all

Pierre

Pierre: Excellent post. Right on target. I love the truth. I love your post. Great summation. What else can I say, Bless you as that Kingdom continues to grow into a great City of God within you. You become the New Jerusalem, the city of God. Jesus made us kings and priests. You are the king of your Kingdom of God. You rule God to a receiving world. You are the priest of your Temple of God. You are the church which is the body of Christ. You are the house of the lord. You are the whole package as are we all! Yea. God bless you, TK

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Oct. 10 2011,19:59)

Quote (david @ Oct. 09 2011,17:56)

Gene, if the NWT was the only Bible in existence to translate it that way, you may have a point.  However, MOST Bible's translate it that way.  

Every time you state otherwise, you are in effect saying things that you have to know are false.  (I've shown you a few of the other Bible's repeatedly.)

Gene do not ignore this.

Is this true?

T8…………No this it is NOT true brother, i looked up the word in the Greek and the word “entos” appears only twice in scriptures and in both cases the context  means (WITHIN) as INSIDE. Sure common sense would tell us that becasue the Kingdom was (IN) Jesus it also could be among other where he was, But the over all context of that In Mat 23:26 and in Luke 17:20-21.  shows its meanings. 

Mat 23:26…..> Thou blind Pharisee, clean first that which is (WITHIN) the cup and plater that the outside may be clean also.

Luke 17:20-21…..> And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, ” THE KINGDOM OF GOD COMES (NOT) WITH (OBSERVATION) : 21….> Neither shall they say, Lo here or there! for, behold , the Kingdom of God is (WITHIN) YOU.

These are the only two places the word “entos” is used in scripture and they both mean (INSIDE)  Not external, Luk 17:20 sets up the rest of the text and it say the kingdom of God comes (NOT WITH OBSERVATION)> So how does anyone get around that. Anyone who does not know God's Kingdom is a rule of God from within a person has little understanding of what Jesus Message of the KINGDOM of GOD is all about in my opinion.

Barnes says (IS WITHIN YOU) The reign of God is “in the heart”> It does not come with prompt and slender, like the reign of temporal kings, merely to control the external “actions” and strike the senses of people with awe, but it reigns in the heart by the law of GOD: it sets up its dominion over the passions, and brings every “thought into captivity” to the obedience of Christ.

T8 you know as well as i that God reigns from the inside of a persons Heart giving us a “NEW SPIRIT” that “transforms us into the KINGDOM of HIS DEAR SON”>  IMO

peace and love to you and yours………………………………….gene

terraricca
    Participant

gene

T8 you know as well as i that God reigns from the inside of a persons Heart giving us a “NEW SPIRIT” that “transforms us into the KINGDOM of HIS DEAR SON”> IMO

the new spirit that transforms US IS the Gospel of Christ

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Terricca……………..Col 1:13….> Who has delivered us from the power of darkness and has translated us (INTO) the Kingdom of his dear son[/B

peace and love………………………….gene

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Oct. 11 2011,10:29)
    Terricca……………..Col 1:13….> Who has delivered us from the power of darkness and has translated us (INTO) the Kingdom of his dear son[/B

peace and love………………………….gene

gene

Col 1:13 For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom(dominion) of the Son he loves,

so the gospel being the message of the kingdom ,wen it is listen to and understood we are then ready to become a member according to Gods will

Pierre

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Pierre………….I have no problem with that>

peace and love………………………………………………..gene

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Oct. 11 2011,15:16)
    Pierre………….I have no problem with that>

peace and love………………………………………………..gene

gene

good this is one step we are walking together

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (shimmer @ Oct. 11 2011,05:10)
    Terra & Gene I think I agree with you. If we dont sin (which seperates us from God) then I do believe the kingdom of God (through the spirit of God within) is within. Maybe?

shimmer

are you still not sure ??

Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 283 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account