The Kingdom of Heaven

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 283 total)
  • Author
    Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (ftk @ Sep. 28 2011,02:24)
    Here is something interesting. The scripture Paul is quoting at Hebrew 2:7….in the New Testament came from Psalms, 8:5…. and it uses the word “Elohyim” that is translated as “angels”….!….for thou hast made him a little lower than “Elohyim” and hast crowned him with glory….! Wow!! TK

Yes, elohyim which is translated as 'theos' in the NT, means rulers, magistrates, and those with authority.

Of course such a meaning will force its use to be predominately attributed to God, and therein lies the confusion for some.
    In the same way, the word president will be attributed to Obama most of the time, yet there are others who are called that.

Eloyhim and theos are words that can be used of God, men, angel, so if Jesus is called theos, then so are men.

So, the argument that Jesus is theos and thus is YHWH has no merit, but Binitarians and Trinitarians don't want to hear that because they see what I have said as an attack rather than a truth. They prefer to ignore that Jesus quote: “you are gods/theos, you are all sons of the Most High God/Theos for example, and say that Jesus was calling them false theos in the same way that idols are also called theos.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Sep. 27 2011,23:59)

Quote (kerwin @ Sep. 26 2011,23:38)

Quote (terraricca @ Sep. 26 2011,09:23)

Quote (kerwin @ Sep. 25 2011,22:13)

Quote (terraricca @ Sep. 24 2011,20:46)
    kerwin

But when God is finished

and wen is that ???

Pierre

Pierre,

After Judgement day which occurs after the end of the Messianic Age(1000 years) is the tome I believe it will be.

Kerwin

is that your best guest ?

It is my belief that is the time spoken of in this Scripture.

Revelation 21
    King James Version (KJV)

6And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.

kerwin

1Co 15:23 But each in his own turn: Christ, the firstfruits; then, when he comes, those who belong to him.
    1Co 15:24 Then the end will come, when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and power.

1Co 15:28 When he has done this, then the Son himself will be made subject to him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all.

Rev 22:1 Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb
    Rev 22:2 down the middle of the great street of the city. On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations.
    Rev 22:3 No longer will there be any curse. The throne of God and of the Lamb will be in the city, and his servants will serve him.
    Rev 22:4 They will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads.
    Rev 22:5 There will be no more night. They will not need the light of a lamp or the light of the sun, for the Lord God will give them light. And they will reign for ever and ever.
    Rev 22:6 The angel said to me, “These words are trustworthy and true. The Lord, the God of the spirits of the prophets, sent his angel to show his servants the things that must soon take place.”

think on those as well as those you have quoted,

Pierre

Pierre,

I was associating the “Then the end will come” in 1 Corinthians 15 to the “It is done” in Revelations 21 but I have not yet considered the passage you have quoted from Revelations 22.

How do you understand them to relate?

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Sep. 28 2011,01:58)
    Ftk………I did go and checked it out it appears you are right Brother it should be rendered “Elohim” or GOD in the text in Hebrews. Good Job Brother.

peace and love to you and yours…………………………………………..gene

Gene,

The writer of Hebrews translated it to Messengers. I chose Mighty and T8 chose rulers, magistrates, and those with authority. All are correct as far as I can tell.

terraricca
    Participant

kerwin

Pierre,

I was associating the “Then the end will come” in 1 Corinthians 15 to the “It is done” in Revelations 21 but I have not yet considered the passage you have quoted from Revelations 22.

go to “topic” understanding Revelation

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Sep. 28 2011,07:42)

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Sep. 28 2011,02:04)
    Lest you fall into the same trap the Trinitarians and Preexistences have. IMO

So I take it that you are a non-existence then?

T8……….I have no idea what you meant by that statement . I was addressing the idea taught by the trinitarians and Preexistences about Jesus' Preexistence as a living Being in some Mysterious preexistence state state , What does that have to do with Me “BEING” a Non-Existence? Now if you said does that i believe in the NON- Preexistence of Jesus before his berth one earth I would say right on.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Sep. 28 2011,07:52)

Quote (ftk @ Sep. 28 2011,02:24)
    Here is something interesting. The scripture Paul is quoting at Hebrew 2:7….in the New Testament came from Psalms, 8:5…. and it uses the word “Elohyim” that is translated as “angels”….!….for thou hast made him a little lower than “Elohyim” and hast crowned him with glory….! Wow!! TK

Yes, elohyim which is translated as 'theos' in the NT, means rulers, magistrates, and those with authority.

Of course such a meaning will force its use to be predominately attributed to God, and therein lies the confusion for some.
    In the same way, the word president will be attributed to Obama most of the time, yet there are others who are called that.

Eloyhim and theos are words that can be used of God, men, angel, so if Jesus is called theos, then so are men.

So, the argument that Jesus is theos and thus is YHWH has no merit, but Binitarians and Trinitarians don't want to hear that because they see what I have said as an attack rather than a truth. They prefer to ignore that Jesus quote: “you are gods/theos, you are all sons of the Most High God/Theos for example, and say that Jesus was calling them false theos in the same way that idols are also called theos.

T8……….Jesus also said for thou art the “ONLY” TRUE GOD” .

but i do agree with you there are many Gods but to us  and Jesus there is only ONE TRUE GOD is the way i see it.

peace and love………………………………………..gene

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Sep. 28 2011,09:07)
    kerwin

Pierre,

Pierre,

If God allows it and I am led to do so I plan to do read it. To aid me tell me which forum it is in and give it a bump if it is not currently active. Thank you.

ftk
    Participant

Psalms 8:5…….FOR THOU HAST MADE HIM A LITTLE LOWER THAN….”elohiym”…plural of…”elowahh”/”eloahh”(the Diety: or God)! That's what is says, anyone can translate it any way they desire, but the truth in the end is Diety/God! TK

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (ftk @ Sep. 28 2011,19:25)
    Psalms 8:5…….FOR THOU HAST MADE HIM A LITTLE LOWER THAN….”elohiym”…plural of…”elowahh”/”eloahh”(the Diety: or God)! That's what is says, anyone can translate it any way they desire, but the truth in the end is Diety/God! TK

Ftk,

What does “elohiym” mean in the context it is in if you do not interpret it?

The answer to that question is it is just noise that one cannot understand.

I would rather hear several words with understanding than a symphony of words without meaning.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Sep. 29 2011,06:53)

kerwin

Pierre,

Pierre,

If God allows it and I am led to do so I plan to do read it.  To aid me tell me which forum it is in and give it a bump if it is not currently active.  Thank you.

kerwin

Biblical Prophecy » Underststanding Revelation

you can ask there I will respond there

Pierre

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Sep. 28 2011,20:48)

Quote (kerwin @ Sep. 29 2011,06:53)

kerwin

Pierre,

Pierre,

If God allows it and I am led to do so I plan to do read it.  To aid me tell me which forum it is in and give it a bump if it is not currently active.  Thank you.

kerwin

Biblical Prophecy » Underststanding Revelation

you can ask there I will respond there

Pierre

Pierre,

Thank you!

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Sep. 28 2011,14:49)
    T8……….I have no idea what you meant by that statement . I was addressing the idea taught by the trinitarians and Preexistences about Jesus' Preexistence as a living Being in some Mysterious preexistence state state , What does that have to do with Me “BEING” a Non-Existence? Now if you said does that i believe in the NON- Preexistence of Jesus before his berth one earth I would say right on.

It was a joke.

You call us Preexistencers, so I thought if you believe that Jesus did not exist with God the Father before the word began, then that means that he was non-existent thus the appropriate label in line with our label is 'Nonexistencer'.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Sep. 28 2011,14:54)
    T8……….Jesus also said for thou art the “ONLY” TRUE GOD” .

but i do agree with you there are many Gods but to us and Jesus there is only ONE TRUE GOD is the way i see it.

peace and love………………………………………..gene

Agreed.

The Father is the one true God because all others including those called theos came from him.

He is the source of all, even the son.

He is also the Father of spirits.

ftk
    Participant

1John5:20…..John says, …..we know him and we are in him, that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ….THIS IS THE TRUE

GOD, AND ETERNAL LIFE!!

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

ftk…………indeed God the Father was in Christ Jesus reconciling the world to “HIMSELF” and can dwell in us the same way he did Jesus. We are united with Jesus and the Father by ONE SPIRIT (intellect of truth).

peace and love to you and yours……………………………………..gene

shimmer
    Participant

There's a Man on another Forum. He started a thread on something? He had a revelation to the meaning of 'only those who turn and become like children will see Heaven'. He became spirit filled with this revelation, that is the part that has fascinated me. It has something to do with knowledge puffing up.

I'm going to read the whole thread. I haven't yet.

ftk
    Participant

Shimmer: One thing is for sure, knowledge of the “truth” of God will never puff-up! He that is least is the greatest. Love lays back and allows the folly of others even to their own destruction. Truth always leads to life and peace.

Little children are not “full” of knowledge. Little children have room to learn. Little children are willing to drink in the truth because they don't “think” they already know it all and need no more. The “poor” referred to in the sermon on the mount are the same. A rich man thinks he has no need for anything and dies. The poor/humble man drinks in the truth of life and lives.

Just some thoughts, God bless, TK

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Shimmer………Glad to hear from you again, No one has it all, but we are told to grow in GRACE (And) KNOWLEDGE, I agree with Tim, and No one has all knowledge except GOD, we only see in part we are told but we are to strive to learn and grow to the mark of the high calling in GOD and Jesus through the Christos or anointing. I am sure you already know that Sis.

peace and love to you and yours……………………………………………gene

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (shimmer @ Sep. 30 2011,14:58)
    There's a Man on another Forum. He started a thread on something? He had a revelation to the meaning of 'only those who turn and become like children will see Heaven'. He became spirit filled with this revelation, that is the part that has fascinated me. It has something to do with knowledge puffing up.

I'm going to read the whole thread. I haven't yet.

Shimmer,

Nice to hear from you.

shimmer
    Participant

Gene, Kerwin & Tk, nice to hear from you too.  Hope you're all well.

I don't know if I'm allowed to do this, but I'll quote some of what this Man said, on another Forum. Should I put the link to it? I don't know.

These are just some, of what I could feel, were Spirit filled words:

Quote – “In the science world, it seems, that every new notion is balked at. It's only those with the eyes of a child, like her, that see new things and discover secrets hidden in front of the eyes of the wise. If you think you know it all, you can't look or listen to a little one”.

——————–

“Mark 8:15 And he charged them, saying, Take heed, beware of the leaven of the Pharisees, and [of] the leaven of Herod.  

I honestly believe that most believers and teachers think that verse doesn't apply today (because it describes them, so they are blind to it.). I think it not only applies to today, but it was meant for today, for little ones to see”.

——————–

“There is so much to see. However, it is so much better if people find it themselves, because no one seems to want to hear something new from someone so small. Everyone wants to be sitting at the head of the table, and no one wants to pay attention to those that are not”.

——————–

“I don't think many who claim to know Christ will see anything at all, because they are missing it, because they are drunk and asleep at the moment”.

——————–

“The only thing I know for sure is that if I obey Christs teachings, I will know the truth, and the truth will set me free. That is all I am sure about.

And that is how I came to see what I see. I just ask questions and seek answers. I pray I am always like a little one. I'm just watching out the window, that we have been given, for my Father to come.

I am always looking for where I am wrong. I do not look for where I am right—there is nothing to be gained from that. When I am wrong and I am corrected, then that is when I seem to learn the most”. – Unquote.

Just wanted to share that with you.

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 283 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account