The Hypostatic union.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 202 total)
  • Author
    csaliba
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ May 09 2011,09:53)
    Hi Charles:

You say:

Marty,

I respect your opinion.

Luke 24:39Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

Wasn't that Jesus confirming that He is still MAN and also SPIRIT

Peace and Love in God Almighty in Jesus as God/Man

The scripture that you quote above does not support what you are indicating.  Jesus is the last Adam.  He is the express image of God's person, but no, he is not the God man.  There is Only One True God,  according to the below scriptures:

1 Timothy 2:5 (King James Version)

5For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

1 Co 8:5For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)

6But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty,

your quote:1 Timothy 2:5 (King James Version)

5For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

So according to this scripture Jesus is man after all

1 Co 8:5For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)

6But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

So Jesus is Lord in your term what is Lord

read this in case you have a doubt

Matthew 22:
    43He said to them, “How is it then that David, speaking by the Spirit, calls him ‘Lord’? For he says,

44“‘The Lord said to my Lord:
    “Sit at my right hand
    until I put your enemies
    under your feet.”’e
    45If then David calls him ‘Lord,’ how can he be his son?” 46No one could say a word in reply, and from that day on no one dared to ask him any more questions.

your quote:He is the express image of God's person, but no, he is not the God man.

Here is a definition of the word Image within the Jewish

“1504 (eikṓn) assumes a prototype, of which it not merely resembles, but from which it is drawn” (R. Trench). 1504 (eikṓn) then is more than a “shadow”; rather it is a replication (F. F. Bruce, Hebrews, 226; see also Lightfoot at Col 3:10 and 2:21)

Now prototype:

Dictionary.com Free Toolbar
    Define Prototype Instantly.

–noun
    the original or model on which something is based or formed.
    someone or something that serves to illustrate the typical qualities of a class; model; exemplar: She is the prototype of a student activist.

So since God, I repeat God,not Just the Father, was and still is invisible,
    Jesus is: from which it is drawn rather is a replication, original or model, prototype, of the invisible God but visible,So Jesus is the original God within flesh.God I repeat God could never be a visible God without Jesus the Son of God

So Jesus is Man and also Lord God

peace and Love in the Almighty God within Our Lord God Jesus Christ

csaliba
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ May 09 2011,11:57)

Quote (csaliba @ May 07 2011,12:48)

Quote (terraricca @ May 07 2011,04:22)
    Charles

Hi all,

According to John we will eventually become gods

John 10:34Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I have said you are gods’e? 35If he called them ‘gods,’ to whom the word of God came—and the Scripture cannot be broken

Yes anyone that speaks the truth of God is a god like Moses was to his brother;Ex 4:16 He will speak to the people for you, and it will be as if he were your mouth and as if you were God to him.

Jesus was a god to his brothers and the people of Israel.

Moses acting as a god to his brothers but this also bears a full responsibility of actions,and for one mistake it ad cost his live and never enter the promised land.

so be careful if you want to play god.

Pierre

Pierre,

Moses, was never found dead,Moses 'tomb was never found.
    Moses with respect to prophecies should never enter the Holy Land. Moses was the only person on earth who confronted god on mount Sinai on the very first day.Moses, when you study carefully on that particular day till he went to Egypt was completely controlling god,and also went to Egypt only because god accepted all what Moses asked,and wanted.When you reflect and pray the Holy Spirit to give you light you will be aware  that Moses was Jesus incarnated in him.Also Moses life is a copycat of Jesus.That's why he was to introduce the supper of the lamb.That's why he never entered the Holy Land because symbolically it was not the time.

peace and love.

Charles

you should read the scriptures again ,it is Moses who did everything that God told him to do .

Pierre

Pierre,

First of all that was one of two angels acting as God.One positive and one negative.

But to simplify it, scripture uses the word god. St Paul confirmed that it was the finger of God to indicate that it was someone in his name.

god did everything Moses wanted to do, or else he wouldn't have gone.
    Not just read scripture but meditate.

He even begged, in a way Moses to accept, he even made him to be like god in order to accept.(as proof that he is Jesus spirit)

Moses even broke the first two tablets,until god changed them and promised forgiveness.(as proof that he is Jesus spirit and who is to establish forgiveness of sins)

Moses also prevented god from destroying all his(god's) people,and to start all over again through Moses.(as proof that he is a murderer like what Jesus said in John 8:44)

Moses also defied god when instead to talk to the mountain to get water,he hit it with his staff. (to show him that He is Jesus spirit in Moses,and also in reality He is in command)

This to show us that Moses was within the spirit of Jesus. I will post more to show you what Moses made god do for him.

It is also important to know that it wasn't always

peace and love in Jesus Christ

csaliba
    Participant

Quote (csaliba @ May 09 2011,17:20)

Charles

Hi all,

John 10:34Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I have said you are gods’e? 35If he called them ‘gods,’ to whom the word of God came—and the Scripture cannot be broken

Yes anyone that speaks the truth of God is a god like Moses was to his brother;Ex 4:16 He will speak to the people for you, and it will be as if he were your mouth and as if you were God to him.

Moses acting as a god to his brothers but this also bears a full responsibility of actions,and for one mistake it ad cost his live and never enter the promised land.

Pierre

Pierre,

Moses with respect to prophecies should never enter the Holy Land. Moses was the only person on earth who confronted god on mount Sinai on the very first day.Moses, when you study carefully on that particular day till he went to Egypt was completely controlling god,and also went to Egypt only because god accepted all what Moses asked,and wanted.When you reflect and pray the Holy Spirit to give you light you will be aware  that Moses was Jesus incarnated in him.Also Moses life is a copycat of Jesus.That's why he was to introduce the supper of the lamb.That's why he never entered the Holy Land because symbolically it was not the time.

peace and love.

Charles

you should read the scriptures again ,it is Moses who did everything that God told him to do .

Pierre

Pierre,

First of all that was one of two angels acting as God.One positive and one negative.

But to simplify it, scripture uses the word god. St Paul confirmed that it was the finger of God to indicate that it was someone in his name.  

He even begged, in a way Moses to accept, he even made him to be like god in order to accept.(as proof that he is Jesus spirit)

Moses even broke the first two tablets,until god changed them and promised forgiveness.(as proof that he is Jesus spirit and who is to establish forgiveness of sins)

Moses also prevented god from destroying all his(god's) people,and to start all over again through Moses.(as proof that he is a murderer like what Jesus said in John 8:44)

Moses also defied god when instead to talk to the mountain to get water,he hit it with his staff. (to show him that He is Jesus spirit in Moses,and also in reality He is in command)

This to show us that Moses was within the spirit of Jesus. I will post more to show you what Moses made god do for him.

from the begining

Pierre,

the last sentence:

It is also important to know that it wasn't always the same angel.It is very difficult all through the old testament to distinguish who is who, but with the help of the Holy Spirit,which always depends on the person who is studying, he will discover the right application.That's my belief.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (terraricca @ May 08 2011,20:36)
    Moses recieve some powers from God for the purpose to convince others.

Hi Pierre,

I'll go even farther……………
    Exodus 4:21 NASB
    The LORD said to Moses, “When you go back to Egypt see that you perform before Pharaoh all the wonders which I have put in your power………

Hmmm………so Moses was made “God” to Pharaoh and Aaron.  Aaron was his own personal prophet. (Ex 7:1)  And Moses performed wonders with HIS OWN POWER that God allowed him to have.

Uh-oh, I think Keith is going to read this and add another member to his Godhead.  :)

mike

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (csaliba @ May 10 2011,00:20)

Charles

Hi all,

Pierre

Pierre,

peace and love.

Charles

Pierre

Pierre,

It is also important to know that it wasn't always

csaliba

you start to sound like Mormons,

your explanation do not make sense,show scriptures

you are inventing thing or make them up as you go ,

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 10 2011,16:58)

Hi Pierre,

The LORD said to Moses, “When you go back to Egypt see that you perform before Pharaoh all the wonders which I have put in your power………

Hmmm………so Moses was made “God” to Pharaoh and Aaron.  Aaron was his own personal prophet. (Ex 7:1)  And Moses performed wonders with HIS OWN POWER that God allowed him to have.

Uh-oh, I think Keith is going to read this and add another member to his Godhead.  :)

mike

hi Mike

this is also related to Christ ,

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (csaliba @ May 10 2011,00:30)

Quote (csaliba @ May 09 2011,17:20)

Charles

Hi all,

Pierre

Pierre,

peace and love.

Charles

Pierre

Pierre,

from the begining

Pierre,

the last sentence:

It is also important to know that it wasn't always the same angel.It is very difficult all through the old testament to distinguish who is who, but with the help of the Holy Spirit,which always depends on the person who is studying, he will discover the right application.That's my belief.

csaliba

it looks like you do not know what is the holy spirit

or do you ?

Pierre

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (terraricca @ May 09 2011,17:08)

Hi Pierre,

mike

hi Mike

Pierre

Are you claiming that Moses was God's only begotten Son?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 10 2011,19:08)

Quote (terraricca @ May 09 2011,17:08)

Hi Pierre,

mike

hi Mike

Pierre

Are you claiming that Moses was God's only begotten Son?

Mike

of cause not ,i just wanted to bring to your attention that Jesus is the prophet that was like Moses but greater than him

but also send to the people and God also provided him with the powers needed to prove his representation of his father.

so that people would believe in him being the messiah

he(Christ) in a way was also a god to all the people and the powers of his days.

Pierre

Kila
    Participant

Quote (csaliba @ May 06 2011,17:33)

Hi csaliba,

What do you mean by that?

Isn't that what the serpent told Eve?

Kila

Kila
    Participant

Quote (csaliba @ May 07 2011,05:48)
    When you reflect and pray the Holy Spirit to give you light you will be aware  that Moses was Jesus incarnated in him.

Hi csaliba,

How does God giving you light connect to this statement?

Kila

Kila
    Participant

Quote (csaliba @ May 08 2011,01:00)
    Now these are the seven spirits of God

1 spirit of the Almighty God  The father,the son, and the Holy
    Spirit.

1 spirit of the Father

1 spirit of the Son

1 spirit of the Holy spirit.

1 spirit of Both the Father and the Son. represented in Michael the chief defender of heaven most powerful archangel

1 spirit of Both the Son and the Holy Spirit represented in Lucifer(Satan) that's why he is the angel of light Like the son of God Jesus. this archangel was wisdom the most wise archangel

1 spirit of both the Father and the Holy Spirit represented by Gabriel.  the messenger of almighty God.

Hi csaliba,

Can you show how you came up with this?

“1 spirit of Both the Father and the Son. represented in Michael the chief defender of heaven most powerful archangel

1 spirit of Both the Son and the Holy Spirit represented in Lucifer(Satan) that's why he is the angel of light Like the son of God Jesus. this archangel was wisdom the most wise archangel

1 spirit of both the Father and the Holy Spirit represented by Gabriel.  the messenger of almighty God.”

Kila

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (terraricca @ May 09 2011,19:18)
    Mike

of cause not ,i just wanted to bring to your attention that Jesus is the prophet that was like Moses but greater than him

I agree. I misunderstood your previous post – that's all. :)

peace,
    mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Kila @ May 10 2011,15:10)

Quote (csaliba @ May 06 2011,17:33)

Hi csaliba,

Isn't that what the serpent told Eve?

Kila

:)

Participant

Hi Charles:

You ask:

So Jesus is Lord in your term what is Lord

By the term Lord is meant that he is my master and I am his disciple, and I am subjected to God through him.

John 13:13Ye call me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I am.

14If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one another's feet.

15For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you.

16Verily, verily, I say unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord; neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him

Do your definitions supercede the scriptures that I quoted from the bible, that state specifically that there is only “ONE GOD” and that Jesus is a man?  He is not just any man.  He is the Son of the Living God, but nevertheless he is a man.  That is what the scriptures state.

What we have seen through his life of Jesus is that God is love.

And in the beginning God made man in his own image, and Jesus is the last Adam who is the culmination of this plan, in that Jesus is the express image of God's Person as Hebrews 1:1-3 states.

But this is a man through whom we have seen the love of God manifested to humanity, but we see God all around us through the whole of his creation.

This is what Romans 1 states:

Romans 1:18For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

19Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

20For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 11 2011,17:33)

Quote (terraricca @ May 09 2011,19:18)
    Mike

I agree.  I misunderstood your previous post – that's all.  :)

peace,
    mike

Mike

no problemo

:)

mikeboll64
    Blocked

So you speak FOUR languages, eh? :D

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 11 2011,18:58)
    So you speak FOUR languages, eh?  :D

Mike

no I speak 3 the wife speaks 4

all the kids 2

Pierre

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Let's see……………………..English (kind of :) ), French, and Italian?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 11 2011,19:22)
    Let's see……………………..English (kind of :) ), French, and Italian?

Mike

no,English (kind of ) ,french and dutch(mother thong)

Pierre

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 202 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account