The Geneolgy of Jesus

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 85 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    You quote Mk16.
    Was that found in early manuscripts?
    Signs do follow but they follow the expression of faith.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…I don't know if it was in earlier manuscripts or not, i only know these things have happened in my life, and i am willing to bet anyone who God is working with had them happen in their lives also. God is not a God of suppositions, but a God of PROOF. I have started a post on WORD'S and Faith is the first word in the discussions lets take it there.

peace and love…………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Miracles are not absolute proof.
    The magicians of the Pharoah were able to copy many of the works of Moses.
    Thus you must abide in the Words of Life, not the suppositions of men, preferring Jesus to scientists.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….The magicians of Pharaoh used tricks not actual miracles. Much like our magicians do today, there all tricks. The words of life were given by men who had their own (REAL) Proofs not suppositions of other men. Anyone can quote words written in a book , that is no proof of true FAITH. imo

NickHassan
    Participant

HGb,
    Are the words of scripture not spirit and life to you?
    Blessed are those who HAVE NOT SEEN and yet believe.
    Tricks? I don't think so.

pulivarthy
    Participant

nick,
    jesus has no geneology in the order of Melchizedek.He has no beginning and no end, but as a son of man he is from Judah clan.
    babu

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (LodeRunner @ June 04 2002,18:28)
    Mary is from a branch line of David, the descendent of a bastard child.  According to Biblical law, a bastard's descendents may not ascend the throne or hold office of any sort for ten generations.  Mary is not a direct-line descendent of David, but is still of the family.  Joseph is a direct-line descendent, but God revoked the kingship of David's line (which is why Joseph wasn't on the throne.)  So Jesus was legally and by blood, David's heir.  That is how I understand it.

Greetings…..Interesting….and here I was thinking that Davids throne by virtue of a promise from God, that at the end of days davids throne would still be available and existing for the King of Kings and Lord of Lords….There is a lot of confusion between Judaic principle/Law and the actual writings of the scripture….One must never forget that the Jews of Jesus'time were determined to discredit the birth of Jesus and subsequent purpose,which was to redirect and establish truth among the Jews and in the process introduce the Gospel(good news) of the kingdom of God…As you know they ultimately killed him and proceeded on with their ritualistic dogma….Jesus' geneology is established quite clearly through the Father…..”This is my son in whom I well pleased”……

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi brother Theodorej,
    So whatever Matthew and Luke wrote is immaterial for us on Jesus' geneologies ?

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (gollamudi @ Oct. 28 2008,21:09)
    Hi brother Theodorej,

Greetings G…..No not all….In Matt. we see that Jesus had 4 brothers plus himself and at least two sisters….His earthly geneology is a testimony to the carnality of his mother Mary..And the paternity of Joseph…This in no way deminishes the fact that he is God..

pulivarthy
    Participant

theodorej,
    thank you for good understandings.may God bless you.

babu

gollamudi
    Participant

Quote (theodorej @ Oct. 29 2008,09:22)

Hi brother Theodorej,

Greetings G…..No not all….In Matt. we see that Jesus had 4 brothers plus himself and at least two sisters….His earthly geneology is a testimony to the carnality of his mother Mary..And the paternity of Joseph…This in no way deminishes the fact that he is God..

Hi brother Theodorej,
    Thanks for your response on nullifying the necessity of any geneology of Christ. You say Jesus remain God irrespective of any geneology.

My question to you: where is it written that Jesus is God  and what about this verse mean to you in 1 Tim 2:5 ?

“For there is one God. There is also one mediator between God and the human race, Christ Jesus, himself human”

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (gollamudi @ Oct. 29 2008,18:35)

Quote (theodorej @ Oct. 29 2008,09:22)

Hi brother Theodorej,

Hi brother Theodorej,
    Thanks for your response on nullifying the necessity of any geneology of Christ. You say Jesus remain God irrespective any geneology.

My question to you: where is it written that Jesus is God  and what about this verse mean to you in 1 Tim 2:5 ?

“For there is one God. There is also one mediator between God and the human race, Christ Jesus, himself human”

Greetings G……Let it be known that Iam not a reciter of scripture I speak from my understanding of what I feel to be true….Timothy speaks of God in the first person and Jesus as our hope and savior….Gods plan for salvation is multifascited….Jesus,being God, and the first born of the dead is the prototype from which we will all have the opportunity to attain (that is to have victory over death)salvation and, his ministry on earth as a carnal human being was to speak of Gods plan for the coming Kingdom/Government of which Jesus will preside as King of Kings and Lord of Lords…In order to accomplish this feat a sacrafice to God was necessary for the forgiveness of sin…This sacrafice affords all of us the opportunity to go before the father in his name and seek forgiveness and repentance….In Gods infinite mercy and love every human being that ever lived will have that opportunity…As to your question…where is it written…John 3:16

Quote (Guest @ May 27 2002,12:37)
    I recently had the joy of God using me to bring a lost soul from India to salvation. Upon his request I sent him a bible, in which he claimed it was the greatest gift he ever recieved.

Like everyone who reads the bible this person had a question to ask me.  I`m not exactly sure how to answer the question, nor am I sure what the answer is. I am hoping someone here will be able to help me.

The question is: In Matthew 1:1-16 Jesus does not belong to Joseph, just Mary. And Mary is not from the line of David (or is she), so how can Jesus be from the line of David?

I will check back for any responses. However, if someone would like to e-mail me an answer, that is fine as well.  My e-mail address is: [email protected]

Thank you everyone for your time.

Revelation 22:16
    “I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star.”
    Hebrews 10:5
    Therefore, when Christ came into the world, he said: “Sacrifice and offering you did not desire, but a body you prepared for me;

NIV
    Footnotes:
    Psalm 40:6
    Hebrew; Septuagint: but a body you have prepared for me. (see also Symmachus and Theodotion)

gollamudi
    Participant

Quote (theodorej @ Oct. 30 2008,00:26)

Greetings G……Let it be known that Iam not a reciter of scripture I speak from my understanding of what I feel  to be true….Timothy speaks of God in the first person and Jesus as our hope and savior….Gods plan for salvation is multifascited….Jesus,being God, and the first born of the dead is the prototype from which we will all have the opportunity to attain (that is to have victory over death)salvation and, his ministry on earth as a carnal human being was to speak of Gods plan for the coming Kingdom/Government of which Jesus will preside as King of Kings and Lord of Lords…In order to accomplish this feat a sacrafice to God was necessary for the forgiveness of sin…This sacrafice affords all of us the opportunity to go before the father in his name and seek forgiveness and repentance….In Gods infinite mercy and love every human being that ever lived will have that opportunity…As to your question…where is it written…John 3:16

Hi brother Theodorej,
    Thanks again for your timely response. Bible says there is only One God and Jesus is the human Messiah and Savior appointed by that One God other than this everything will be mere speculation on our part or making God a mystery and Pagan oriented. Hope you will appreciate this.

Thanks and peace to you
    Adam

pulivarthy
    Participant

Adam and Gene,
    There is one God and One mediator.Here, I want to explain the concept of mediator.There are two opposing groups :God and Human beings.A mediator can fulfill his plan/purpose only if he satisfies both groups OR if his words/ nature matches with both groups.Therefore, Jesus fully God and fully man also.
    babu

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Pv…….Jesus was a mediator of God to mankind. He did not mutually represent us to God, but He represent God to US. Just as Moses did to the Israelites.

peace…….to you …………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MK,
    He is the son of David.
    The common folk like Bartemaeus pleading for healing knew this

meerkat
    Participant

How is he the son of David?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MK,
    Scripture says so.
    Human geneologies are less trustworthy

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Bear in mind
    1 Timothy 1:4
    nor to pay attention to myths and endless genealogies, which give rise to mere speculation rather than furthering the administration of God which is by faith.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 85 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account