The Creator has a Name, few know it…. do you?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 171 total)
  • Author
    shimmer
    Participant

Good post davidbfun, I agree, I pray to Father through the Lord, 5 years ago I experienced God, after [not being able to put the Bible down] I started looking for answers outside the Bible, that wasn't good. Now I'm just happy knowing the basic truths, or what I began with which is better.

Sorry about the way I was at first too, I used to post here under a different name a while back, I was not being myself ! I'm usually way nicer.

davidbfun
    Participant

Quote (david @ Aug. 06 2010,01:41)

Quote (davidbfun @ Aug. 05 2010,10:22)

Quote (david @ June 07 2006,01:31)

The Jews substituted the Name with “Lord ” in the OT out of fear of God. Should they have done so?

What do you think Nick?  God has His name in the Bible 7000 times.  Man substitutes His name with a title.  

Nick, if you wrote a biography, a book about your life, and someone translated that book into other languages and took your name out, how would you feel?

Hello David,

Going along with your thoughts…

If God's name is YHVH and it is so sacred, why repeat it over 7,000 times and not know how to pronounce it?  Wouldn't you think that if it were THAT sacred then you'd only use it a couple of times and let the people call you something else like LORD or Master?

I think Nick hit it on the head and we should call God, “Father” or Abba “Daddy” like Jesus did because we are His children and are entitled to call Him that.

If God's name is YHVH and it is so sacred, why repeat it over 7,000 times and not know how to pronounce it?

–dbf

It's a question I have asked myself and a question others have asked.  But this is what I would say.

DBF, Yes, God's name is Sacred.  God is also Sacred.  Does this mean we should hide his name in the closet and perhaps we should push God to the side as well, for fear we somehow do something to offend him.  (It would be safer if we never spoke of him as well.)

Did not God inspired the words written?
    Did he not inspire his name to be written 7000 times or so?
    Did those who wrote the Bible have it wrong, or did the Jews who superstitiously removed it have it wrong?

Davidbfun, how would you really feel if you wrote a book about yourself and let's say it was a best seller and translated into other languages and when it was translated, people took your name out (out of respect or honor) and replaced it with a title?  How would you really feel?

God's name, just like most words are translated differently and pronounced differently in every language.  It seems the pronunciation isn't as important as knowing he has a name and using whatever name is common in the language you speak.

In the Bible, Jehovah is called “Father” a very small fraction of the amount that he is called by his name.  Yes, we of course should call him Father.  But Jesus said that he made his father's name known.  Understand that the Greek was written on a material that didn't last nearly as long as the Heb scritpures and in Greek, we only have copies of copies.  We KNOW for a certainty, that people removed God's name thousands of times from the Heb scriptures.  But because we do not have the originals in Greek, we cannot know that 100% but do you not think it likely?

Hi David,

I wrote Irene about the 3 names that could be applied to our one word “god”.  

Elohim = NAME of GOD who has two essences (male and female) within the one entity
    YHVH = NAME of male essence of Elohim; TITLES:  Father, God (El), King, Priest, Prophet
    (Holy) Spirit = NAME of female essence of Elohim; “Holy” is an adjective and is not the Name, but properly identifies Her versus “spirits” in other terms and individuals.

Therefore, in order to correctly identify which aspect/function of “god” you are referring to use the correct name.  “God” being used in lieu of the actual person could be confusing and usually is. Especially since Elohim and El have male essences and could appear to be synonymous but aren't.

The Professor

davidbfun
    Participant

Quote (shimmer @ Aug. 06 2010,08:22)
    Good post davidbfun, I agree, I pray to Father through the Lord, 5 years ago I experienced God, after [not being able to put the Bible down] I started looking for answers outside the Bible, that wasn't good. Now I'm just happy knowing the basic truths, or what I began with which is better.

Sorry about the way I was at first too, I used to post here under a different name a while back, I was not being myself ! I'm usually way nicer.

Shimmer,

I understand, thanks.  And I appreciate it.

I am unlike David who has to defend a Church, I try to defend the Bible.  Over the past years others have shown him 1,000s of Scripture verses that he chooses to ignore or dismiss, but that is his choice.

That is why in these posts about God, I try to make sure that English only readers realize the differences between the Hebrew words El and Elohim. El is singular  & Elohim is “plural”.  This is “BEFORE” getting into any theological debates.  Without seeing that, they go in circles arguing about God and BOTH could be right and not knowing it….because they are talking about different “entities” going by the title “god”.

I am not trying to argue but enlighten….”Thy word is a light unto my path…..”

Yesterday this verse came across my studies and it has stuck.

Hosea 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I also will reject you from being My priest……

Knowledge is one of the 7 traits of the Holy Spirit which God wants to give to everyone….but here the people are rejecting her. And God is rejecting them because they are rejecting God's Spirit.

All of us are supposed to be priests making disciples so by God rejecting us as priests that would be horrible.

Thinking about another “name” of God is LOVE….change YHVH to LOVE and we'd be better off…no?

The Professor

davidbfun
    Participant

Quote (shimmer @ Aug. 06 2010,08:22)

Hello Shimmer,

Another item popped up about what you said, “Looking for answers outside the Bible”.

I feel too many people are doing just that and taking what these people say as “The Gospel” and belittle others who don't agree with these “philosophers” viewpoints.

The Bible has enough information if we could just accept the clues and information being given.

As Ecclesiastes said, “There is a time and a season for everything….”

The Jews were in a “Law” era
    The Christians are in a “Grace” era.

We are to enjoy the freedom God has given us to share His free gift to the world….and all of this is written in the Bible which you are submerging yourself into which I felt was super and that is what caught my eye.  It'd be nice if more did this.

The Professor

shimmer
    Participant

I agree davidbfun, God is love. And people do whatever they want with knowledge when it's spoken, alot will ignore it.

I have to go, God bless.

davidbfun
    Participant

To all,

Who is the creator? As another post made it clear:

THRU “JESUS” all things were created and apart from him nothing was created that was created….so the answer is simple…Jesus/Yahshua is the Creator's name.

But he is not our God.

The Professor

shimmer
    Participant

Just in reply to that last post which I missed davidbfun, I used to read bits in the Scripture, rather than starting beginning to end like a book, I would try to understand what it meant, and I would learn from it, sometimes I would pray and I would be shown things from the Bible, It still happens, alot.

I really have to go now,

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (davidbfun @ Aug. 06 2010,00:22)

The Jews substituted the Name with “Lord ” in the OT out of fear of God. Should they have done so?

What do you think Nick?  God has His name in the Bible 7000 times.  Man substitutes His name with a title.  

Nick, if you wrote a biography, a book about your life, and someone translated that book into other languages and took your name out, how would you feel?

Hello David,

If God's name is YHVH and it is so sacred, why repeat it over 7,000 times and not know how to pronounce it?  Wouldn't you think that if it were THAT sacred then you'd only use it a couple of times and let the people call you something else like LORD or Master?

I think Nick hit it on the head and we should call God, “Father” or Abba “Daddy” like Jesus did because we are His children and are entitled to call Him that.

If God's name is YHVH and it is so sacred, why repeat it over 7,000 times and not know how to pronounce it?

–dbf

It's a question I have asked myself and a question others have asked.  But this is what I would say.

DBF, Yes, God's name is Sacred.  God is also Sacred.  Does this mean we should hide his name in the closet and perhaps we should push God to the side as well, for fear we somehow do something to offend him.  (It would be safer if we never spoke of him as well.)

Did those who wrote the Bible have it wrong, or did the Jews who superstitiously removed it have it wrong?

Davidbfun, how would you really feel if you wrote a book about yourself and let's say it was a best seller and translated into other languages and when it was translated, people took your name out (out of respect or honor) and replaced it with a title?  How would you really feel?

God's name, just like most words are translated differently and pronounced differently in every language.  It seems the pronunciation isn't as important as knowing he has a name and using whatever name is common in the language you speak.

In the Bible, Jehovah is called “Father” a very small fraction of the amount that he is called by his name.  Yes, we of course should call him Father.  But Jesus said that he made his father's name known.  Understand that the Greek was written on a material that didn't last nearly as long as the Heb scritpures and in Greek, we only have copies of copies.  We KNOW for a certainty, that people removed God's name thousands of times from the Heb scriptures.  But because we do not have the originals in Greek, we cannot know that 100% but do you not think it likely?

Hi David,

Elohim = NAME of GOD who has two essences (male and female) within the one entity
    YHVH = NAME of male essence of Elohim; TITLES:  Father, God (El), King, Priest, Prophet
    (Holy) Spirit = NAME of female essence of Elohim; “Holy” is an adjective and is not the Name, but properly identifies Her versus “spirits” in other terms and individuals.

Therefore, in order to correctly identify which aspect/function of “god” you are referring to use the correct name.  “God” being used in lieu of the actual person could be confusing and usually is. Especially since Elohim and El have male essences and could appear to be synonymous but aren't.

The Professor

Hi David,

Are all nouns names?
    Is GOD, God's Name as well?

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

davidbfun
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 06 2010,09:59)

Quote (davidbfun @ Aug. 06 2010,00:22)

Hello David,

–dbf

Hi David,

The Professor

Hi David,

Are all nouns names?
    Is GOD, God's Name as well?

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)

Hello Ed

All nouns are names of what they are identifying. i.e. Hebrew word “wisdom” (noun, feminine).

It is interesting that you bring up nouns because many people forget about the last category “idea”.

Nouns = person, place, thing, animal or idea

Names are Proper Nouns relating to a specific person.

The Professor

RokkaMan
    Participant

Quote (davidbfun @ Aug. 06 2010,00:58)
    To all,

Who is the creator?  As another post made it clear:

THRU “JESUS” all things were created and apart from him nothing was created that was created….so the answer is simple…Jesus/Yahshua is the Creator's name.

But he is not our God.

The Professor

In Job, YHVH said HE ALONE created all things.

He said HE ALONE

either Jesus is the same God or someone is lying.

and I don't think YHVH or YESHUA can lie.

so they must be one in the same.

davidbfun
    Participant

Hey RM,

Help me out, please. I couldn't find that quote in Job. I looked under, “LORD”, “alone”, “I alone created”, “created” (by the way created isn't a word in Job.

Like Mike said you have to look at the word, then the context and the culture amongst other things to determine what the jist is.

I alone had my daughter Stephanie. I alone taught my students everything that they know…. :)

The Professor

davidbfun
    Participant

Quote (RokkaMan @ Aug. 08 2010,00:35)

Quote (davidbfun @ Aug. 06 2010,00:58)
    To all,

Who is the creator?  As another post made it clear:

But he is not our God.

The Professor

In Job, YHVH said HE ALONE created all things.

He said HE ALONE

either Jesus is the same God or someone is lying.

and I don't think YHVH or YESHUA can lie.

so they must be one in the same.

Hi RM,

Jhn 1:3 All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being.

Col 1:16 For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things have been created through Him and for Him.

It is true that God has the power to create all things so He is the source. This source chose to create all things THRU His son….so, YES God alone created but THRU His son.

The Professor

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (davidbfun @ Aug. 08 2010,00:20)
    Hey RM,

Help me out, please.  I couldn't find that quote in Job.  I looked under, “LORD”, “alone”, “I alone created”, “created” (by the way created isn't a word in Job.

Like Mike said you have to look at the word, then the context and the culture amongst other things to determine what the jist is.

I alone had my daughter Stephanie. I alone taught my students everything that they know….  :)

The Professor

Hi David,

I believe RokkaMan is referring to…

Job 38:4-7 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth?  declare, if thou hast understanding.
    Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest?  or who hath stretched the line upon it?
    Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened?  or who laid the corner stone thereof;
    When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

God bless
    Ed J

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

DBF…………………God did not create anything through any one ever, He did it Himself and alone as he said he did. He also said there was no other GOD besides himself and Jesus said He was the (ONLY) true GOD. Jesus never said he had created anything nor did any of the apostles say he did either. You have bought into the false teachings of the apostate churches, Thy believe Jesus was a GOD and that He preexisted his berth on earth as some kind of Being in heaven with GOD. God himself did create all things for a (PURPOSE) and that (PURPOSE) was for Jesus and all his future sons and daughters of the kingdom of GOD. The scripture you have quoted only show that purpose of GOD. GOD bid not create things (BY) Jesus but (FOR) Jesus as well as all of us to. IMO

peace and love…………………………………gene

davidbfun
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Aug. 11 2010,10:07)
    DBF…………………God did not create anything through any one ever, He did it Himself and alone as he said he did. He also said there was no other GOD besides himself and Jesus said He was the (ONLY) true GOD.  Jesus never said he had created anything nor did any of the apostles say he did either. You have bought into the false teachings of the apostate churches, Thy believe Jesus was a GOD and that He preexisted his berth on earth as some kind of Being in heaven with GOD. God himself did create all things for a (PURPOSE) and that (PURPOSE) was for Jesus and all his future sons and daughters of the kingdom of GOD. The scripture you have quoted only show that purpose of GOD. GOD bid not create things (BY) Jesus but (FOR) Jesus as well as all of us to. IMO

Thanks Gene for your opinion.

I've posted a lot of Scriptures and am not sure which ones you are referring to. Next time if you hit the “quote” button to the right of my message it will show up along with your response, ok?

The Professor

davidbfun
    Participant

DBF…………………God did not create anything through any one ever, He did it Himself and alone as he said he did. He also said there was no other GOD besides himself and Jesus said He was the (ONLY) true GOD.  Jesus never said he had created anything nor did any of the apostles say he did either. You have bought into the false teachings of the apostate churches, Thy believe Jesus was a GOD and that He preexisted his berth on earth as some kind of Being in heaven with GOD. God himself did create all things for a (PURPOSE) and that (PURPOSE) was for Jesus and all his future sons and daughters of the kingdom of GOD. The scripture you have quoted only show that purpose of GOD. GOD bid not create things (BY) Jesus but (FOR) Jesus as well as all of us to. IMO

Gene,

Jhn 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, AND Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Who is the true God?

When did Jesus say that “He was the (ONLY) true God.”?

Jesus is the “son of God” and cannot be God whom he came from.

If I teach something false, please put what I wrote and show Scripture that says otherwise, ok?

I believe that Jesus is the son of God and the firstborn of ALL creation. (John 3:16; Col 1:15).  He created all things. He is before all things and has preeminence (Col 1:16-18).

I do not believe Jesus is God.  He is the son who came from God.

Jesus didn't say a lot of things but the Bible does.  So, are you saying that I can't use the Bible to base my beliefs if Jesus didn't say so?

The Professor

davidbfun
    Participant

Quote (davidbfun @ Aug. 11 2010,13:11)

Gene,

Jhn 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, AND Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Who is the true God?

When did Jesus say that “He was the (ONLY) true God.”?

Jesus is the “son of God” and cannot be God whom he came from.

If I teach something false, please put what I wrote and show Scripture that says otherwise, ok?

I believe that Jesus is the son of God and the firstborn of ALL creation. (John 3:16; Col 1:15).  He created all things. He is before all things and has preeminence (Col 1:16-18).

I do not believe Jesus is God.  He is the son who came from God.

Jesus didn't say a lot of things but the Bible does.  So, are you saying that I can't use the Bible to base my beliefs if Jesus didn't say so?

The Professor

Hbr 1:2 in these last days has spoken to us in His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, “through whom” also He made the world.

Gene, it seems from this post and other posts you don't believe: IMO

#1-What is written in the Bible
    #2- What God says.
    #3- What Jesus says.

What's left?  :)

I'll give an opinion and then give the verse, usually. I don't see any Scripture from you????

The Professor

davidbfun
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 11 2010,10:00)

Quote (davidbfun @ Aug. 08 2010,00:20)
    Hey RM,

Help me out, please.  I couldn't find that quote in Job.  I looked under, “LORD”, “alone”, “I alone created”, “created” (by the way created isn't a word in Job.

I alone had my daughter Stephanie. I alone taught my students everything that they know….  :)

The Professor

Hi David,

I believe RokkaMan is referring to…

Job 38:4-7 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth?  declare, if thou hast understanding.
    Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest?  or who hath stretched the line upon it?
    Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened?  or who laid the corner stone thereof;
    When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

God bless
    Ed J

Hello Ed,

Thanks, I appreciate it.  When I researched yours, I came across this verse too:

Job 38:7 When the morning stars sang together And all the sons of God shouted for joy?  

I had thought that there was only one morning star.  No daughters of God, interesting, no?

TO; All others

Gen 1:1 Elohim, “created the heavens and the earth”;  

Gen 1:3 Elohim “said” let there be light…. so, why isn't Elohim considered the Creator's name?

Elohim is translated as “gods, etc” and considered plural for all others except for the name of the Supreme Being, then it is considered singular. Why?

Think about it….

The Professor

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (davidbfun @ Aug. 11 2010,05:31)
    Hello Ed,

Gen 1:1 Elohim, “created the heavens and the earth”;  

Gen 1:3 Elohim “said” let there be light…. so, why isn't Elohim considered the Creator's name?

The Professor

Hi David,

[אלהים] ĔL-ō-Hêêm is a “Title” meaning God; but [יהוה] (YHVH) is “GOD's Name”!
    Keep asking questions, David; that's how 'you' learn! (Matt.7:7 / 2Tm.2:13)

Witnessing to the world in behalf of YHVH (Psalm 45:17)
    יהוה האלהים (JEHOVAH GOD) YÄ-hä-vā  hä ĔL-ō-Hêêm!
    Ed J (AKJV Joshua 22:34 / Isaiah 60:13-15)

Baker
    Participant

David!  In Hebrew 1:8 and John 1:1, The Word of God is called God.  I understand that God is a title and many in ancient times were called God.  Jehovah God is the Almighty God and The Word is the Mighty God.  There are many then that were called Mighty Gods.  We also have to understand that by Jesus own words, His Father is greater then He is.  John 14:28 and in Ephesians 4:6 He is above all.  I agree with you that it is just fine to call The Word of God Jesus.  Also the translators stood in Aw of God the Father and called Him LORD. They did not want to mispronounce His Name, and used LORD and Lord.   In mostly the Old Test. LORD is Jehovah God and Lord in the New Test, is Jesus….. I am like you if someone will tell me that I am wrong, I will acknowledge so.  This is what Scriptures tell me……Peace Irene

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 171 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account